Chapter 2

a leap of faith

Chearin now is a regular at the cafe she first saw Jiyoung. At first she thought by going there every weekend she would have a chance to bump into him however after about a month later she totally gave up on the idea. Why would he come back here ? He was just here that day to meet up with some of his friends, she thought.

Life continued for Chearin. She did her usual stuff going to uni, doing her assignments, hang out with friends and as fate would have it she met Jiyoung again at a cafe while she was hanging out with her friends. And this time she was the one asked for the chair. 

"Excuse me", she said.

"Yes?" Jiyoung said turning his head up to look at her.

"OH!!" both of them exclaimed.

"Hey, it's you", Chearin said.

"Yea, its me", Jiyoung said smiling. "What are you doing here?", he continued.

"I was just here to ask if i could take this chair with me. Its my turn to hang out with me friends today", she said.

"Such a reversal of roles today, cuz here i am doing my school work", he said laughing. "Maybe the next time we meet would also be at a another cafe too", he said, eyes twinkling. 

How is it every time i see him, i get drawn in by his eyes ? she thought to herself.

"Maybe we will", she said winking. "Anyways i need to get back there now", she said 

"Sure, take the chair too", he said. "Sorry for taking up your time", he said, while giving a apologetic smile.

She noticed that when he smiles, his eyes turn into crescent moons, and his teeth are really white and she could see a bit of gums. ! She has to stop staring.

She went back to her table taking the chair with her.

"Oooo, who is that cutie", my friend Bom said , while wiggling her eyebrows.

"Just someone i know", Chearin said.

"But we know almost everyone you know", my other friend Dara said. "You don't know anyone that cute anyway", she continued.

Chearin scoffs. "Why wouldn't i not know someone cute", she exclaimed.

"Cuz you're shy", Bom said matter-of-factly.

Seriously the friends I make.... She thought to herself.

"Lets just get our coffee and go, if you guys want to continue this topic", she said, jokingly picking up her to-go Americano 

"WAIT", they both exclaimed. "We didn't mean to", Dara said pouting her lips, and giving me her best puppy dog look .

"But i thought our meetings were to shop and talk about boys?" Bom said shrugging her shoulders.

Now they are trying to make me feel bad about being y, she thought. Well they succeeded.

"Fine. What do you guys want to know?". she said sighing.

"How did you meet him?"

"Where did you meet him?"

"Do i know him?'

"What?!" "Wait, why would you know him?" she asked 

"I don't know? The thought just popped into my head", Bom said spreading her arms and shrugging her shoulders.

"Oh my god,  you have got to be kidding me right", chearin said shaking her head.

"What?!" Bom exclaimed

Both Chearin and Dara just gave each other an understanding look .

And then Chearin told them the whole story.

"Oh, such a simply story", Dara said. "He didn't ask for your phone number?" 

"Nope, just got to know his name only", Chearin said.

"Hey, you should go ask for his phone number", Bom said with her eyes sparkling.

"No.Why?", Chearin ask

"Because it's time you grew up and date someone", Dara said .

"But i like it like this", Chearin said

"If you don't go and ask for his number, i will", Bom said standing up and also giving her best i-dare-you look.

"Okay! Fine! I will!! But just so you know, i'm only doing this so that Bommie won't embarrass me " Chearin said standing up.

Then she mustered up all her courage and walked over to his table.

Here goes nothing

I hope this won't offend him or anything.

Maybe i should just asked for his facebook account ?

Isn't that better? Just so we can maintain our friendship at the moment......

Or should i just take a leap of faith and ask for his number ?