Practice Is A Must

Only in Fiction...

 

A/N: Yay!  Finally, a new chapter!  Sorry it took so long...I've been super busy with school lately.  I hope you enjoy this chapter.  Drama's coming up soon!

 

---3---

 

“Jaehwa, are you going to the Golden Disk awards?” Dongwoon pleaded as the two of them relaxed in the Cube lounge room.

She smiled.  “Don’t I always?  Besides, this year, I’m dancing backup for G.NA-unnie.”

“Really?  That’s great!” Dujun exclaimed, taking a seat across from her.  “How come we’re only just finding out?”

“I was going to tell you eventually,” the young dancer mumbled sheepishly.

“Tell us what?” a duet of voices suddenly rang out.

Jaehwa turned to see Yoseob and Junhyung appear.  She blushed as Yoseob playfully slung an arm around her shoulder.  “Where are the others?” Dujun asked.

“Kwangie’s still getting his hair styled.  Hyunseung is getting the food,” Junhyung explained, collapsing into the chair beside the leader.

Yoseob piped up, “So what were you going to tell us?”

Jaehwa opened , but Dongwoon beat her to it.  “Jaehwa is going to be on stage tomorrow night!”

Surprised, Yoseob turned to face his best friend.   “That’s awesome!  Who are you going to dance for?”

“G.NA-noona!” Dongwoon broke in again.

Yoseob feinted a lunge at the maknae.  Dongwoon cowered behind Jaehwa’s shoulder.  “Did I ask you, Woonie?” Yoseob inquired in a dark tone.

“Dongwoon’s just excited,” Dujun quickly cut in, nudging the visual maknae to sit back down.

Junhyung suddenly sat up as if he just remembered something important.  “Seobie’s making a special appearance, too, aren’t you?” he said, looking at his dongsaeng for confirmation.

Now it was Jaehwa’s turn to be surprised.  “Really, oppa?  With whom?”

Yoseob grinned.  “Yeah, I meant it to be a secret,” he emphasized, narrowing his eyes at the rapper.

Jaehwa smacked him in the arm.  “Stop glaring at him!  It’s out now so you might as well answer my earlier question.  Who’s it going to be with?”

He smirked and mehronged, rubbing the place where she had hit him in mock pain.  “Not telling.”

She mehronged back.  Dujun rolled his eyes.  “Quit acting like children.  Hurry up, break’s over.  We have practice,” he stated, getting up and walking to the practice room.

“You heard the leader,” Jaehwa said, shrugging as she followed Dujun.

Dongwoon quickly stood up.  “Jaehwa, who are you mirroring today?”

“IT’S MY TURN!” Gikwang’s voice echoed from the nearby stairs.

The girl chuckled as the maknae pouted.  Usually, when she joined their practices, she would mirror one of the member’s moves.  She also filled in if anybody was absent.  That way, she knew all of their dances and parts.  It also allowed her to practice her own skills.  Not that I had many skills to begin with, Jaehwa thought dejectedly, remembering the judges’ comments during the auditions a few years ago.

They had just finished warming up when Hyunseung showed up at the door.  In his hands, he held a large box of pizza.  “Sorry, I’m late,” he panted.

Immediately, the six beasts were gathered in a circle, tearing ravenously at the poor pizza.  Jaehwa shook her head in disbelief.  “Didn’t we just have a break ten minutes ago?” she asked, raising an eyebrow.

When nobody answered her, she sighed and went to Dujun’s laptop.  She searched and found one of G.NA’s recent singles, ‘Black & White’.  Holding the laptop in her hands, Jaehwa went to the room next door, calling over her shoulder, “Call me when you guys are done pigging out.  I’m going to practice.”