Confused

Only in Fiction...

 

A/N: The next chapter is finally up~  heh, sorry for taking so long...  But new albums... and new MVs... and amazing comebacks... and... yeah... the life of a fangirl ^^

 

---25---

 

Yoseob huffed as he attempted to match the members’ moves.  “Aish,” he muttered, a beat late from the others.

“Yah, Yoseob!” Dujun cried out, exasperated.  “What’s the matter?!  Why can’t you follow even the simplest steps today?”

Dujun rarely yelled.  However, Yoseob was acting completely out of the ordinary.  He almost seemed to be purposefully working against every one of the leader’s words.  The main vocal pursed his lips in frustration, himself bewildered by the way he was behaving.  But he refused to answer the leader.

Dujun sighed heavily at the younger’s lack of response.  “Fine, go take a walk or whatever to clear your mind since something is clearly up.  Come back when you’ve gotten over it.”

Yoseob could not help scoffing as he stormed out of the room.  “Tch, it’s all because of you,” he muttered, not loud enough for any of the others to hear.

As he wandered his way through the many hallways, he felt his temper begin to cool off.  His hazy mind slowly began to clear so he could think rationally again.

Yoseob ran his hand through his hair, making the ends stick up.  “I’m so bipolar these days, I swear,” he mumbled.  “What’s wrong with me?”

-----------------------------------------

Jaehwa poked her head through the doorway and knocked lightly.  “Oppa-dul?” she called out.

The five Beast members turned from the mirror and waved her in.  Dujun ruffled her hair playfully.  “Hey, Jaehwa,” he greeted cheerfully.  “What’s up?  Do you need something?”

Jaehwa shook her head.  “No, I just need to ask Yoseob something, but…” she trailed off as she scanned the room.

“He’s not here,” Junhyung spoke up.  “But he–”

“Oh, it’s okay,” Jaehwa said quickly.  “I’ll go look for him now.  Thanks, oppa-dul!”

“But–” was all the rapper could say before the girl hurried out of the room.  He sighed and finished, “But he’s in a really bad mood…”

Dujun smacked his forehead in disbelief.  “Those two kids really don’t listen, do they?” he said to no one in particular.  “I just hope Yoseob doesn’t stay anything stupid when she finds him.”

-----------------------------------------

Yoseob stared at the vending machine with despair.  He had left his wallet back in the practice room, but the small, wrapped chocopie was practically calling out his name.  The singer pressed his face to the glass as his stomach growled pitifully.

“I’m hungry,” he whined.

He wanted to return to the room, but he just didn’t feel like facing the members after his little episode earlier.  He had long since calmed down, but there was still an uncomfortable feeling in his chest.

“Oppa!  There you are!”

Hearing the familiar voice, however, make that strange emotion grow again.  Yoseob remained rooted with his back towards her, refusing to turn around.  “What?” he retorted, unable to keep the iciness from lacing his voice.

Jaehwa stopped short.  “Um…I just wanted to ask you something.”

“I’m kind of busy right now,” he said sharply.

Jaehwa raised her eyebrow in amusement, unfazed by his harsh tone.  “Oppa, you’re staring at a vending machine.  What could you possibly be doing besides deciding on what snack to get?”

Yoseob ignored her, and Jaehwa could sense that something was wrong.  But when she reached out to lightly touch his arm, Yoseob recoiled immediately, turning his head slightly to glare at her.  “Just…leave me alone.”

“Oppa, what’s wrong?”

Yoseob gritted his teeth as her soft voice melted his anger.  But images of her with Dujun flashed in his mind again, and he began to walk away from her.

“Yah!  Yang Yoseob!  Don’t you dare walk away from me!” her pure voice echoed throughout the hall, causing Yoseob to halt.

“What?!” he exploded.  “If your question is so important, why don’t you just go ask Dujun then?  You’re always together anyways!  Why me?”

 Yoseob froze immediately, having accidentally let too many of his thoughts slip.  Jaehwa’s eyes widened before training on the floor.  “Why not?  You’ve always meant the most to me,” she answered quietly, sensing another meaning to his question.

Suddenly, Yoseob’s heart began to beat faster.  It was then that he realized what the unfamiliar emotion was.  Jealousy.

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair again.  Then he continued to walk away, unable to make eye contact with the girl.  I’m going to need more time to think.  Why is this so confusing?

He rounded the corner and proceeded to leave the building to get some fresh air.  All of a sudden, he heard the sound of running footsteps behind him.

Something soft pressed into his left hand.  Yoseob looked down to see the small chocopie from the vending machine.  And he turned just in time to see a girl running back through the front doors, her long hair flying behind her.

Then, he let a small smile spread across his face.