CHAPTER 7

You're My Everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The birds chirp out there sounds so melodious, they sing welcoming the morning. The sun slowly began to arise. The dew attached to the leaves is shimmering. I opened my bedroom door porches widely, cool air began to infiltrate into the chest cavity. I closed my eyes and breathe in as much air, the breeze hit my skin gently. It felt so happy.

It has been four years since my wedding incident is fail, since then also I never met again with Jiyong. Looks like he's living happily out there, not like me which is get fettered. I decided to go home, and as I thought dad was so mad. He was locked me in the house for six months, he also revoke all my luxury facilities. For that I am looking for a job alone to pay for my college and now I'm starting up a boutique business.

It turns out that life is always full of risks, but it was better than I was neglected on the streets without anywhere to stay. It is also much better than I was married to Kwon Jiyong, a man who did not love me. Maybe I will not be able to breathe fresh air like this.

*****

“좋은 아침이에요 아빠 (Joheun achimieyo, appa. Good Morning,  Dad)!” I kissed dad right cheek which’s enjoying his breakfast at the dining table. But as usual his expression always flat without any response. I just smiled and sat down in front of him. I picked up a loaf of bread and spread with strawberry jam my favorite. I glanced at him who was sipping his tea, his face still flat as four years ago. Since then, he never spoke a word to me, he did not think I’m exist. Sad, but I realized all my fault and I have to accept the risk.

Mother appeared from the kitchen and asked me, "How is your boutique, dear?" then she sat down beside me and poured milk in my glass which i deliberately not filled it, I'm waiting for her pour it for me. In this house only my mom who still behave the same as before. Teddy Oppa now in Japan to take care of our hotel there.

"In the promotion stage, today I'm going to put an ad on the Internet," I explained then sipping warm milk that mom poured to me.

"Oh that's good! I’ll pray hopefully everything's fine."

“Thanks mom!”

I glanced at my father with the tip of my eyes, it turns out he was staring at me, I smiled slightly. I know the real father watched me and love me, it's just a little stubborn father did the same as me.

“Appa..!” I try to call my dad.

“Emm…”

“Appa, still mad at me? That Incidence are long ago, come on forget everything, appa. I promise, if you set me up again, I will not reject it. I will follow you and mom want. But please come back like before!" I pleaded trying to take my dad heart.  I do not want to constantly feuding with you, is not good, right. I do not want to be lawless children."

Dad still does not respond. I sighed. Then said with pleading look, "Come on Appa, please! But anyway, if you set me up again please looking a men who not have a girlfriend or not have a someone he likes. Because if like that I would have felt guilty. I do not want happy at the others suffering. "

“But, Appa just want Kwon Jiyong!” Dad's voice rises.

I smiled, then I went up to him, hugged his neck from behind. "Appa, please understand me, Jiyong already have a person he likes, he is so in love with her. Even for the sake of that girl, he’s willing to refuse our arranged marriage. Me and her was much different, she’s more perfect than me, so it’s impossible to Jiyong like me .. "

Dad was silent, the more I drown my head in his shoulder, hoping he could feel what I feel and can understand the meaning of my words earlier.

*****

The atmosphere at my office is very quiet today. Yes, probably because not many people know about my boutique. I was busy in front of my laptop, surf the Internet to find information about the apartments that if it's close to my workplace. I have decided to stay in the apartment, I wanted to be more independent and I wish my father could be quieter without me. Maybe then the father will forgive me.

After nearly an hour of searching, I finally found it. An apartment cost not too expensive in the area of Insadong, the place not too far from my boutique. I immediately called the marketing and place an order. After that I immediately turn off the laptop and tidy up my desk and immediately drove to the Insadong area.

Half an hour later I arrived at the apartment, I was acceptable warmly by the old marketing manager about 30 years. He take me to look around the apartment that I’ll be bought, my apartment was on the 4th floor, number 219. Is quite large apartment with two bedrooms, one bathroom, kitchen near with dining room, and living room is quite large. The facilities were pretty fancy, and another one to impress me is from there I could see the view of the Han River, though not so obvious. After a look around the contents, I will decide to buy it.

I walked slowly towards the bus stop not far from the apartment earlier. Now I'm more more because my dream come true to be out of the house as well, but this time I leave the house openly not secretly aka fuzzy as it used to. Hahaha, if I remember that incident, I wanted to laugh and so annoyed. Kwon Jiyong, was whether he? Is he happy with his escape?

Suddenly my eyes caught a glimpse of the man that I knew, he was standing on the other side. By reflex I stopped my steps. Kwon Jiyong?! Yes, it seems that Kwon Jiyong, but isn’t he ...?

I rub my eyes a few times, then go back to look across the street, but that man has gone. I frowned, "Where is he going? Am I wrong ? Hmm .. maybe .." I said to myself with a shrug and stepped my foot back toward to my destination.

*****

Tonight, as usual we had dinner together. Me, my dad and mom without Teddy Oppa a bit not fun. Ah, not a little but it is not fun, the atmosphere was really bland is not like it used to. Mom spooned into my plate of kimchi, I smiled sweetly and immediately eat the rice in front of me. I caught a glimpse of my dad who’s sit in front of me, he is also enjoying his food with relish.

“Appa, omma, I've decided to stay outside. I've bought an apartment in the area of Insad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter