Survivor...

The 4 elements that make up love

Aki's POV:

I walk outside the pro-bending arena, biting my lip.

Where are they? My brother went into the arena for the pro-bending match and didn't come out. The match ended fifteen minutes ago!!

I spot the Bending Bisons walking out of the arena, talking heatedly about something. I run up to them, trying not to sound as if I've been crying.

"Excuse me..." I say.

"Yes?" The girl, Kacie, says, her eyebrow raised. "Is there something wrong?"

"Yes. It's my brother. I can't find him!"

*****

"Calm down..." The earth bender says, frowning. "So, you haven't seen him since he went into the arena?"

"No."

The three pro-benders share a look.

"Something must've happened when everyone was stuck!" Hansol, the fire bender, hisses under his breath, trying to make sure I can't hear him. But I do.

"What?!" I ask Hansol and he looks up at me, shocked.
 
"You heard?" He murmured as his teammates stare at him.
 
 "Yes I heard...I was already listening to you guys..." I say, annoyed. "What's this about my brother? Something happened in the arena?"
 
"Well..." Kacie says with a sigh. "They were announcing the winner of the match when everyone got frozen...maybe whatever happened to your brother happened in the moment we were frozen..."
 
"Yeah...maybe..." I say, reluctantly. She's probably right, though. What happened to Aram?
 
"Hey sis..." I hear and when I turn around, I see my brother..."
 
"Aram?" I whisper in horror. My brother stands, his clothes a dark red and his hair stuck to his forehead. One of his hazel eyes is closed shut, a purple bruise swelling aroung it. "What happened to you?"
 
"...sorry..." he whispers before falling to the ground, his eyes closing in pain. I scream, running to catch him. I start crying as I hold him, broken in my arms. "Don't cry, kiddo...I'm...fine..." he breathes out heavily, coughing as he does.
 
"No, you're not," Kacie says, sitting down beside me and pulling out her water bottle. She looks at me. "Could you lift up his shirt? I'm going to try and heal him as best as I can. After that, we need to get him to a hospital."
 
I nod silently, lifting my brother's shirt up. I look away but I immediately notice the horrible gashes deep in his skin and the blood...I hear his coughing and moans of pain. I close my eyes, which doesn't help me block everything away. Kacie gets to work. About a minute later, she curses.
 
"I've healed as much as I can but it's not working...there're burns inside of the cuts! I don't know how that can be possible..." she mutters angrily before looking at her teammates. She snaps. "Don't just stand there. Get help!"
 
The two boys nod at her before running to find someone. I open my eyes and look down at my brother. His eyes are half-closed, staring at me sadly.
 
"I'm so sorry, Aki...I couldn't keep you safe..."
 
"Shh..." I hush him with my finger, trying to hold back my tears. "You'll be fine. You'll be fine."
 
"If you say so, sis..." he whispers before closing his eyes.
 
I hear footsteps approaching us quickly. There are voices shouting for our attention.
 
Help is on it's way, but it's already too late.
 
My brother is dead.