Lost and Found

The 4 elements that make up love

 

Aki's POV:

"Sammy!!" I hear him yelp in pain. I had accidentally let his hand go and he had run ahead of me. I turn the corner, tripping over someone's legs. With a squeak of surprise I fall to the ground. "Um...are you ok, Sammy?"

"Yeah. Sorry that you tripped over me..." he smiles from the ground. Someone is kneeling beside him. She looks up at me, shocked.

"Aki!" Kacie cries out and hugs me, laughing. "You're both okay!"

"Hi." I smile, hugging her back. She pulls away, smiling at me.

"It's so good to see you agai-!"

Before she can finish her sentence, I am pulled into someone's arms and into a warm hug.

"Aki..." Jisoo whispers into my hair. He pulls out of the hug, examining my face. He sees one of the bruises on my cheek and growls angrily. Then, the anger is replaced with despair. "What did they do to you?"

"I'm sorry," I whisper, our foreheads touching now.

"Don't apologise," he whispers before kissing me softly. When we break apart (I blush...a lot), Kacie coughs to break the awkward silence. Jisoo smirks at me, amused at how embarassed I am. He kisses my forehead softly. "I'm glad you're safe now."

"Thank you," I murmur, before looking around. Dongjin and Mingming are sitting down, talking to each other hurriedly; they both smile up at me. Junhui, lying on the floor lifelessly, waves a hand at me before sighing, tired. But there's someone missing. "Um...Jisoo?"

His eyes meet mine and his smile slips.

"Yeah?" His voice is hoarse and cold now. Something is wrong.

"Where's Hansol?"

Jisoo's POV:

I open my moouth to reply but the words are stuck in my throat. I close my mouth and look into Aki's hazel eyes. They widen with realisation and are immediately filled with horror.

"Oh no..." she whispers, her voice broken. "That's bad...that's really bad! They could hurt him!"

I wince at the thought. Aki's face is bruised and anger courses through me again. I control it for her sake.

"We can't find him..." Kacie whispers. "We have no idea where he could be!"

"Hey, Sis...what's going on?" Samuel asks, looking up at his sister. Kacie stares at her brother, looking as though she had no idea what to say. The little boy's lip quivers as tears start streaming down his face. "Where's Big Bro?!"

Aki pulls away from me and scoops the boy into her arms, trying to soothe him. Kacie watches her, looking lost, before walking up to me.

"I am hopeless," she mutters. "I let my boyfriend get captured and I have no idea where he is. I can't even look after my own brother!"

"Kacie," I say her name slowly. "You're not hopeless. You're trying so hard to find him. You're trying so hard against the Earth Kingdom. You're trying so hard in everything you do. You're not hopeless at all." I shake my head before giving her a quick smile. "In fact, I'm sure Hansol's extremely proud of you, cuz we all are. Let Aki handle Samuel and you focus on your job. Fighting the Earth Kingdom and getting Hansol back."

She smiles weakly.

"Thank you, Jisoo," she says. "I'm sorry about the time we first met. Under the circumstances, you were the enemy. But now...I'd trust you with our lives."

"Thank you," I reply. She doesn't say anything but goes over to Aki and pulls her brother, who had somehow fallen asleep, into her arms.

Aki's POV:

We all leave the City for the day, camping about a mile from it. Sooji and Mimi are asleep by the time we get there. After dinner, everyone drifts off to sleep. Everyone except for me and Jisoo.

We are lying next to each other in the middle of the clearing, cuddling up in a sleeping bag and holding hands. The stars twinkle above us and the moon shines its silver light down on us.

"Have you heard the story of Princess Yue?" Jisoo asks quietly, his eyes closing slowly.

"No...is it a nice story?"

He hesitates.

"It's a love story."

"Oh."

"I'll tell you the story later, 'kay?" He asks me, bringing my hand to his lips.

"Okay."

I close my eyes and just as I fall asleep I hear him say:

"I love you, Aki. You are my world. My heart. My everything."