Firebender trapped in water

The 4 elements that make up love

Jisoo's POV:

Just as I'd expected, the red-haired girl from before is here, looking at me in shock.

In fright.

Her eyes are widened in fear when I look at her. Before I accidentally smile at her, I look away. She would probably be in trouble if they found out about us meeting. I sigh as I stand behind Junhui, scowling at the ground as the match is announced. As we take our positions, I quickly glance up at the girl. She looks unhappy, a frown in place of the flustered blush from before.

Shut up, Josh...focus! I shake my head and wait for the match to start.

Aki's POV:

As soon as the match starts, the firebender sends a quick blast of fire in Kacie's direction. She dodges it easily and grins at me before countering with a blast of water. He blocks it as best as he can...which is very well considering the fact that he hasn't been pushed to the other zone yet. Hansol loses it, and aims his attacks on the firebender. Mingming joins in as well, leaving Kacie looking somewhat flustered.

What is going on here?!

Suddenly, Kacie is attacked by both the waterbender and the earthbender, sending her tripping to the other zone. She curses before countering quickly. Hansol and Mingming start using what I taught them before my session with Kacie; they become the defense while Kacie focuses on attacking. Before soon, it is the last round and the only one standing from the Panda Dogs is the firebender, his face still calm and composed. He begins to move in for an attack when he freezes.

Why isn't he doing anything? Move for the sake of...well...yourself!!

Kacie blasts him quickly, sending him flying into the water. She looks triumphant for a moment before realising that he hasn't resurfaced. Before anyone can say anything, I jump into the water pit. The boy is frozen in the water, his hair flating around his face. Under water his face looks calmer in a soothing way, as if he's at peace with himself. But he seems trapped. He's a firebender in water for God's sake! But he looks so familiar...not personally but as if he's a teen celebrity or something...or I've met him before. I shake my head before swimming towards him and pulling him into my arms before pushing up to the surface.

When I break to the surface, he splutters back to life as air fills his lungs, coughing on water. He immediately begins treading water to stay on the surface of the water. I help him swim to the side where we are pulled out of the water.

"Josh!" His teammates yell his name, looking horrified. Josh looks at me, confused.

"What happened...?" His voice is quiet and miserable. I hold back the urge to give him a hug.

"You were frozen when you were sent falling into the water...I jumped in to help you..." I blush when he smiles.

"Thank you, Aki...you saved my life..." he whispers.

How does he know my name?!

More importantly, how did he get frozen?

"Kacie was talking to you earlier wasn't she? I must've heard her say your name, then...bye!" He waves before walking away. I blink at his back as he turns the corner.

Is he a mind reader....

"Aki!! Oh my god! Are you okay!?" Kacie pulls me into a hug, looking like a worried mother. I sneeze and smile up at her wearily.

Ooooh...the world's rotating and I feel cold and warm at the same time...this isn't good...

"'M fine...how about you...?" I ask, sleepily, leaning on her shoulder. I move back again, frowning. There are two Kacie's...COOL! Wait, what?! Brain!!! What's happening?!! "Kacie? When will you teach me how to make a clone?"

"Aki...what clone? Hey," Kacie murmurs, before shouting. "Hansol, catch her. She's falling asleep!"

"Isn't she fainting?"

"Oh, shut up and catch her, will you?!"

I fall, thinking of the firebender trapped in water.

*****

A little boy with golden eyes and dark hair smiles down at me when I fall into my nightmare.

The world is one fire! I try to get up but I can't! What's happening?

I see my brother running away from me into the fire before disappearing completely.

My mother and father, wave goodbye to me from behind the flames, their faces blank.

And the newest nightmare: Kacie, Hansol and Mingming lying on the ground, not moving, as the fire closes in on them.

I scream their names as the world goes dark and I am sitting alone on the floor.

Alone except for the little boy.

There is a necklace around his neck. A chain with the fire nation symbol on it.

Joshua!

But why is he here? In my nightmare. But before I can ask him anything, he disappears, fading like sand blowing in the wind.

I open my eyes, my screams piercing my heart.