Bonds

The 4 elements that make up love

Jisoo's POV:

"Bro!" Hansol hisses. "I do care! It's just..."

I fold my arms over my chest.

"Just what?" I ask, frowning. "Help her. But first, try and listen to her."

"You're speaking like you have experience..." he huffs.

"I don't. Well..." I look down uncomfortable. "Kacie's here." I point out. "You can help her or at least listen to her."

Hansol stops scowling, his eyes widening in realisation.

"I'm sorry, bro..." he murmurs quietly. "You must miss her..."

I look up again, scowling. I can feel the heat rushing to my face.

"Who?"

"Aki, of course."

I sigh.

"Yeah...I miss her..." I cough, embarassed. "But you need to ask Kacie about exactly what she saw. Talk to her."

He nods before leaving me alone to go to the girl he loves.

Lucky him...

Am I in love?

Yeah. Definitely.

Aki's POV:

Samuel finally wakes up, his face pale.

"I saw Kacie while I was sleeping!" He wails. I hug him tight, trying to keep us both warm in our little cell.

"It was a dream..." I reassure him. He pulls back, scowling.

"No!" He yells. I blink at him, surprised by his outburst. "I saw her! I saw my sister and she was crying."

My mind immediately to Aram. We were linked spiritually as well.

"Sammy?"

"Yes, Aki?"

"Did you hear anything else before the connection was lost?" I ask him, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

"Yes...Hansol's voice."

I gasp.

"My brother and I could do that! We were linked spiritually and the connection normally gets broken if someone starts speaking to one of us!"

"Could?"

My excitement dies and it's replaced by a cold pain.

"Aram is dead, Sammy..."

He doesn't say anything, coming close to me and shivering.

Suddenly, the cell is opened and two guards come inside. They grab Sammy from my arms and when I try to protest, the one holding him places a knife at his neck. I stop breathing, tears streaming down my face.

"If you come with us, Airbender, we won't hurt the kid," he says in a monotone voice. I nod silently, my heart hammering against my chest.

"Aki?" Sammy calls as the cell is closed again. I look back and give him a weak smile.

"I'll be back Sammy."

Jisoo's POV:

I stop breathing for a minute as a loud, pained, tortured scream fills my mind.

Aki's scream.

"Aki..." I say her name as I fall to the ground, trying to cover my ears. But the noise doesn't stop.

"Bro?!" Hansol runs outside and tries to pull me up. The screaming stops. "What's wrong?!"

"I-I don't know..." I stammer, my whole body shaking in fear. Fear for Aki. "We need to help them! Sammy and Aki!"

"We will, Bro!" Just as the words leave his mouth, I grab him.

"We need to help them NOW! Theyr'e in danger..." I trail off, watching as my brother stares at me, worried.

"I know," he replies. "But we need to get reinforcements. If we try to help them now, we'll all get killed. And we don't need any unnecessary deaths. Especially Aki and Samuel."

I nod, agreeing.

"Sorry," I murmur, pulling my hands from my brother's arm.

"Don't be. You and Kacie are hurting more than that did."

Without another word, my brother and I walk outside to get the others from Dongjin's house.

Aki's POV:

I stop screaming.

"Aki!" I hear Samuel's voice as I am literally thrown back into the cell. He tries to catch me, falling under my weight. The cell is closed.

I jump off the little boy, wiping my tear stained face.

"I'm sorry..."

"Aki! You're covered in cuts and bruises!" He yells, biting his lip. He looks like he's going to cry. But he also looks tired, as though he's been waiting for them to bring me back to him. I try to smile for his sake but it ends up in a grimace. "Don't smile! Please don't..." he starts crying, sobbing. That's when I remember how old he actually is. One years old.

"I'm not." I whisper, picking him up. "Shh, Sammy. I'm alright. Shh..."

He closes his eyes, still crying.

"Aki...I'm sorry."

"Why?"

"It's all my fault isn't it?"

"No, sweetie...it isn't..."

"Promise?"

I look down at him as he folds into a ball in my arms. He is a little child who relies on the promises and words of others. And at the moment, I am the only one who can do that. For Kacie. For Sammy. For me.

"I promise."