Babysitting the...10 year old?!

The 4 elements that make up love

Aki's POV:

"He can WHAT?!" Kacie exclaims, nearly throwing Samuel out of her arms in shock. I quickly pick him up, watching as he gurgles happily. "You never mentioned THAT before!!"

Samuel starts crying from how loud Kacie is.

"Um...can I go outside with Sammy, Senna?" I ask, watching as Kacie starts pacing around the room. Kacie's mum nods in reply and I quickly run out, patting Sammy on the back. He stops crying. Jisoo is lying on the floor and his eyebrows raise when he notices the baby in my arms.

"I didn't know that nine months had passed! Who's the dad?" He smirks, evilly.

"Jisoo!" I squeal at him.

"Just kidding...can I hold him?" I give Sammy to him and watch as he holds the little baby away from him. Sammy squeals and squeaks before sneezing. A ball of flame goes in Jisoo's direction, making him almost drop Sammy. I pull him away from Jisoo, patting his back.

"For a prince, you are terrible with children..." I grin as I rock Sammy from side to side. His eyelids close as he falls asleep.

...

Awwwww!!!

...

"I am NOT terrible..." Jisoo protests before mumbling, "I'm just not used to babies."

...

AWWW!!

...

"Do you want to try getting used to this one?" I ask him, placing the sleeping baby in his arms. He looks down at the baby, a slow smile spreading across his face.

"The kid looks so happy even though there's a damn war going on..." he grits his teeth. "I wish I could be like him. Sleeping peacefully without thinking about the problems of the world."

"He has his own problems, Jisoo," I whisper before telling him about the spirits within Sammy. "It's so sad. A child born paralysed..."

He doesn't say anything.

"I should take him back to Kacie and Senna." I take Sammy from Jisoo and go back to the house. It is quiet now except for low voices speaking in the room. I hesitate outside of the room, looking down at Sammy with his shiny blonde hair and rosy cheeks and I watch as he smiles in his sleep. I slide to the ground, cradling him in my arms. "To think that everyone was once so little. So innocent. Even the Earth King...maybe even the Avatar." I sigh. "I wonder where the Avatar is...no one has seen him since your grandmother died..." I whisper as he sleeps on. "I will never let anything happen to you. Not like with Aram."

I stand up and give the baby to his parents.

As they walk away with him, he wakes up, looking at me from over his mother's shoulder. He smiles.

*****

"Aki!!" Kacie's voice comes from next to me. I rub my eyes, groaning. "It's Sammy!"

Okay. She's got my attention now.

"What's wrong?" I ask, standing up quickly.

"Nothing's wrong, Aki..." a soft, musical voice says, followed by an adorable laugh. A laugh I recongnise. I turn around to see a small, blonde-haired boy, smiling up at me, his hand in his pockets. His purple eyes shine with laughter. "Everything's just fine."

"Sammy..." I say his name slowly, not able to understand what's going on. The little baby I'd held in my arms the night before was only a head shorter than me. And he spoke!

Before I can stop myself, I scream.

Jisoo's POV:

"Kyaaaa!!!" Aki's scream tears through my dreams and I'm already in her room before I'm fully awake.

"What's wrong?!" I yell, blinking fast. Hansol drags himself to the room, rubbing his eyes.

"Bro...what's going on?" He murmurs, his eyes still half-closed. That's when we both see the blonde-haired kid grinning at us. Hansol trips backwards and grabs the back of my shirt, pulling me down with me.

"Are you alright?" Aki comes running to me, pulling me up. She checks my face quickly. Kacie does the same with Hansol but she's laughing at him instead.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?!" I ask her. She blushes. "Your scream probably woke everyone in the North Pole up...including the Panda Dogs..."

She looks upset.

"I'm sorry."

Okay...I feel horrible now...

"It's okay. I can see why you screamed," I mutter, staring at 'Sammy'...or what he has turned into...

"You're the funny man who picked me up yesterday," he points out.

"Yeah. And you're the funny kid who breathed a gassy ball of flames on me," I reply.

"Jisoo!" Aki retorts, poking me in the ribs.

"It's okay, Aki," Sammy says, walking up to her with a huge grin on his face. "I like him. He's...interesting."

...

What a weird kid!

Aki gives me a look as though she knows what I'm thinking. I look away, running a hand through my hair.

"Since we're all up, we should get everyone together." Kacie says, pulling away from Hansol.

"Yeah," Hansol says. "We should go get Dongjin and the others. Mingming's with them as well."

I nod.

As Hansol passes Samuel, he picks him up and gives him a piggy back. Kacie smiles, walking beside them as her brother chatters on, non-stop. I hold Aki's hand, grinning when she doesn't pull away from me. She looks up at me, scowling.

"You are horrible with children," she whispers.

"And you, little Airbender, are probably the best..." I reply, squeezing her tiny hand. At this, she smiles.

"Thank you, Jisoo..."

I look down at Aki as we walk down the stairs, watching her red hair flutter around her as she bobs down the stairs. She looks up at me, smiling, her hazel eyes twinkling like ambers. Just as we are about to enter the dining hall, I stop her and quickly kiss her on the cheek. She blushes.

"You're welcome."