What exactly are you?

The 4 elements that make up love

Jisoo's POV:

...

Does Aki not know that my name is Jisoo?

...

She probably doesn't. Sighing, I look at her friends and I notice Kacie and her cousin arguing. Kacie looks furious and her hand is scrunched up as though...

Bloodbending!

I walk over to them and grab her arm.

"What are you so angry about? Why would you even consider bloodbending your cousin?!" I ask her, hissing under my breath so that Hansol doesn't hear me. She looks up, startled.

"I-!" Kacie pauses before continuing. "He has doubts about Aki..." she murmurs, pointing at Mingming. He blushes, scowling at her.

"What doubts?" I ask him. Isn't she an innocent airbender who lost her family? I'd like to know what the guy thinks. Mingming turns a deeper shade of red and mumbles something under his breath. "What?"

"It kind of invovles you..." he says hastily. I raise an eyebrow. He continues. "I saw you talking to her today...you talking to her is a bad thing...it's bad..." It seems as though he's trying to prove that to himself. I laugh.

"Aki...and me...? I only met her today," I explain. "Why would she have anything to do with me? I spoke to her cos I was interested...she has nice hair..." I add quickly, blushing as Kacie smirks at me.

"For an amateur, you sure have pretty cute expressions when talking about a girl," she grins at me. God! The amateur thing is getting old! I just go easy on them since I don't want the earth kingdom finding out who I am...What would Aki say if I told her who I am?

"Where's Aki?" I ask, getting serious again. "She was here a minute ago."

"About that..." Kacie says, uncomfortably. "She ran outside...crying..."

Crying?

Without another word, I run out of the Arena, looking for the little airbender. I find her, scrunched up in a ball, just outside the door. I sit next to her as she looks up miserably. At least she's not crying anymore.

"Hey, Aki..."

Aki's POV:

"Hello Josh..." I reply, looking up at the firebender. He smiles sympathetically before crouching down next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah...just nightmares..." I whisper, burying my head in my knees.

"I get those sometimes too..." he says before going quiet. "Was it bad?" He finally asks.

"...pretty bad..."

He doesn't say anything, pulling me into the warmth of his arms in an awkward hug...well...it was more of a hug-thing. I settle into the hug, ignoring the fact that I only met him today and he's a total stranger, when something hits me.

"How did you know I came outisde?"

He blushes, running one of his hands through his hair.

"Oh...I noticed...and then I asked Kacie and-..."

"Woah, Josh! Kacie talked to you?!" I exclaim, shocked. Hansol and Mingming are not fans of talking to amateurs. Josh looks annoyed.

"Firstly, don't call me Josh...I want you to call me Jisoo...my real name," he says. "Secondly, why is it such a surprise that she talked to me?!"

I blush.

"Um...they call you amateurs..."

He makes an extremely irritated sound. He holds my hands in his and looks deep into my eyes. I stare back, watching how his golden eyes shine as though on fire.

"I am NOT an amateur!" He hisses, his face close to mine. "Never was and never will be."

I pause for a minute, feeling his hands squeezing mine as I think of what to say.

He was in my dream...he must be important...

"Then...who - or what - exactly are you?"

The shock on his face is apparent. He wasn't expecting me to ask that. He relaxes, though, taking a deep breath before speaking.

Jisoo's POV:

Don't say it!

You spent years hiding this!

Don't waste it on a little airbender!

A little, cute, trustworthy, kind airbender...an airbender who saved my life...

Oh, for the sake of the Fire Nation, STOP!! Don't you dare-!

I look at Aki, filled with hope and curiosity, and sigh.

I give up...

"Aki..." I say her name, feeling how light it is on my tongue, and how adorable it sounds.

"Hmmm?" She looks up at me, her eyes shining.

"Aki...I am the..."