CHAPTER 9: THE FIRST BATTLE

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Fanny unnie!” Seohyun screamed out loud. She about to run to save Tiffany when a pair of arms wrapped her waist tightly, prevented her to move even an inch. Seohyun turned her head and saw Kyuhyun with worried face. Seohyun struggled and tried to release herself from Kyuhyun. But Kyuhyun who stronger than her, tighten his grip.

“Oppa, let me go.” Seohyun said while struggling, tears already fell to her cheeks. Instead of let her go, Kyuhyun called Leeteuk.

“Ahjussi.” Kyuhyun signaled Leeteuk to go and safe Tiffany. Leeteuk then flew away, broke through the florist which was on fire. Kyuhyun turned his head and saw the person who threw the big red fire ball, stood not so far from his position. A girl with long blonde hair with cold glare, as cold as an ice. A wizard mark can be seen in her left hand. Stood right beside her was her demons, had the form of a beautiful girl with long red hair also with cold glare. Fire arrows flew away towards Kyuhyun from left side, Kyuhyun didn’t notice it because he was busy hugging Seohyun who kept struggling. But in fast movement, Taeyeon stood in front of them and made a glass shield for defense. The fire arrows exploded when it hit the shield which Taeyeon had made. Heechul and Yesung already stood in her right and left side, meanwhile Sungmin and Ryeowook stood behind Kyuhyun and Seohyun, all of them were in ready state to fight. Kangin and Hyoyeon kept inside the café with some people, the customer of Kim’s café. He hugged and protected his sister who was being frightened.

“I’ll tell Prince Eunhyuk and bring him here as soon as possible.” Yesung said before teleported and disappeared from Taeyeon’s side. In same time, Leeteuk went out from the florist with Tiffany who covered by bloods in his arms. Bunch of ice needles came toward Leeteuk who tried to bring Tiffany to the place where Kyuhyun and the others stood at. Fire balls was being attacked once again by the blonde girl and her demons. Some of fire arrows also flew away and attacked Kyuhyun and the others. This time Heechul and Ryeowook gave their enemy a revenge attack, fire detonation and water storm. Once again, fire arrows flew away towards Kyuhyun, but this time he was ready. He hugged Seohyun in his chest with one arm and released blue light detonation which hit the fire arrow into an explosion.

“Aish, why they exploded all my fire arrows.” A young man who stood not far behind the blonde hair said in annoyed. He had wizard mark in his right temple. Stood beside him was his demons, a handsome and tall man. Leeteuk succed in bringing Tiffany to Kyuhyun and the others’ side after protected himself and Tiffany with fire shield and not forgot to throw some light arrows to the enemy, a thin young man with black hair and his beautiful and cute demons.

“Ahjussi, how is Tiffany?” Kyuhyun asked Leeteuk who still holding Tiffany in his arms. Seohyun already stood beside Leeteuk with worried face. She kept mumbling Tiffany’s name.

“She injured badly, but the good thing is she still breathing.” Leeteuk explained about Tiffany’s condition.

“Taeyeon-ah, please take care of Tiffany.” Kyuhyun ordered Taeyeon who remained silent. She kept starring at the young man who threw the fire arrows with wizard mark in his right temple.

“Taemin-ah?” Taeyeon mumbled, surprised seeing his little brother who ran away from their house and never came back. Because Kyuhyun didn’t get any respond from Taeyeon, he then asked Sungmin to do it.

“Sungmin hyung, bring Tiffany inside and take care of her.” Sungmin nodded his head and took Tiffany from Leeteuk and brought her inside the Kim’s café.

“Seohyun-ah, please follow Sungmin hyung.” Kyuhyun told Seohyun who just shook her head as answer. She tugged Kyuhyun’s shirt, didn’t want to leave. Kyuhyun about to argue but he knew there was no time for verbal battle, so he grabbed Seohyun’s arm and pulled her nearer to him. Seohyun stood right next to Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun put his hand around Seohyun’s waist. Now there were Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Heechul and Ryeowook who stayed outside and ready to fight with their enemy. A girl with long blonde hair, a young man with cute face whom called Taemin by Taeyeon, another young man with wizard mark in his left arm who attacked Leeteuk before and a tall man wearing black hoodie, hiding his face. They were accompanied by their demons. For a while they stood there not attacking but watching and ready to fight. The people around them, the poor ungivens, were screaming and running to find save place since the battle began. Some buildings was broke and on fire. Place which was peace before with people were hanging around, turned into battlefield in instant. The sky became cloudy as if supported what will going to happen and added the tension.

“I know those demons.” Heechul being one of the experienced demons said. “They are Krystall, Minho, Luna and..”

“Yuri.” Leeteuk cut Heechul. Leeteuk seemed knew these demons better than the others. He looked at Yuri before turned his gaze towards Kyuhyun with worried face and sympathy. Then their enemy started their attack. Fire balls, fire arrows, ice needles came to Kyuhyun’s side. Without command, Heechul moved forward and started a close battle with the enemy’s demons. Leeteuk looked at Kyuhyun asked for permission.

“Yes, you can go. But remember to keep your attack on the right target. Try not to hurt ‘the ungivens’.” Kyuhyun said. After got permission from Kyuhyun, Leeteuk followed Heechul to get a close battle too. Meanwhile Ryeowook helped Taeyeon to defend and when he got a chance, he also sent an attack. Heechul fought with Minho and Leeteuk fought with Krystall and Luna. Because their speed as fast as lightning, the only thing can be seen from them was shadow flashing with explosion in between. Kyuhyun also sent light detonation and directed it to the blonde girl and the man with hoodie, while Ryeowook and Taeyeon fought with the two young men. Sound of explosion was heard with people screaming in the backsound. Kyuhyun was too focused on attacking and defending from their enemy’s attack, he was inattentive to protect Seohyun beside him until a fire arrow from cute young man hit Seohyun’s arm. Seohyun screamed in pain.

“Yoho, I got a point.” That cute young man yelled happily. Satisfaction was shown in his face.

“Taemin-ah.” That cute young man then turned his head toward the owner of the voice and he saw Taeyeon with concern in her face whom he didn’t noticed before. A surprised expression mixed with happiness can be seen in his face.

“Taeyeon noona.” When the cute young man named Taemin about to approach Taeyeon in the middle of that bitter fight, another young man stopped him and said.

“Although she is your noona who you didn’t see for a long time, but now she is your enemy.” He warned Taemin.

“Key hyung.” Taemin said, tried to protest. Then the young man named Key stepped forward.

“Let me fight her. You help Jessica noona to kill that girl.” After said it, Key attacked Taeyeon with thousand of ice needles, while Taemin moved nearer to the blonde girl named Jessica and focused his attack toward Seohyun and helped her to fight Kyuhyun.

“Seohyun-ah, are you okey? I’m sorry, I didn’t see it coming. I should protect you and not let you get hurt” Kyuhyun blamed himself with worried face, he saw Seohyun’s arm was bleeding. Seohyun just smiled to assure Kyuhyun that she was fine while held her arm with her other hand. Blood dripped to her other hand.

“I’ll take you inside, it would be safer in there.” Kyuhyun convinced Seohyun before turned his gaze to Taeyeon. Seohyun nodded in agreement.

“Taeyeon, please handle them for a moment. I have to bring Seohyun inside.” After got nod from Taeyeon who was defending from the enemy’s attack, Kyuhyun brought Seohyun inside Kim’s café. In Kim’s café, can be seen the customer frightened with what was happen outside. In one corner, Sungmin was busy to treat Tiffany. He was helped by Kangin while Hyohyeon sat not far from them, hugging her knees. In another corner, the Kim’s café customer gathered to safe themselves.

“Sungmin hyung, please take care of Seohyun. I don’t want her to get hurt if she keeps in the middle of the battle with me. And please treat her arm.” Kyuhyun asked Sungmin who just nodded his head in understanding. When Kyuhyun about to back to the battle, Seohyun prevented him with tugged his shirt, worries and fear can be seen in her eyes clearly. Kyuhyun then faced Seohyun, released his shirt from Seohyun’s grip and kissed her forehead gently before ran back to the battle. Seohyun saw Kyuhyun left, back to the battle. She felt her fear and worries became bigger without Kyuhyun in her side. She then prayed and hoped for Kyuhyun’s safety, herself and the others too. In the battlefield, Taeyeon and Ryeowook were being urged by Jessica, Key and Taemin’s attack. Taeyeon got wound in her arms and legs and Ryeowook too. Kyuhyun immediately helped Taeyeon by shooting his light detonation toward his enemy’s direction. Some of Kyuhyun’s light detonation succed to injury Jessica and Key. Although they lose in number, but their power was in the same level. It was because Kyuhyun’s power and also because the man with hoodie and Yuri, his demons just stood there, just watching the battle. Until Leeteuk and Heechul came back from their close battle and at the same time, their enemy was doing ‘the fuse’. Their enemy’s demons started being transparent and merged with their master’s body. Krystall with Jessica, Key with Luna and Taemin with Minho. After ‘the fuse’ was done, Jessica and Taemin ’s eyes then changed to bright red color, while Key’s eyes changed to dark green color. Their enemy’s attack became stronger and it made Kyuhyun and others started being urged.

“I think we have to do ‘the fuse’ too if we don’t want to lose.” Heechul said in the middle of his attack. Kyuhyun and Taeyeon looked at each other before nodded at the same time. Then Heechul became transparent and merged with Taeyeon’s body and soon Taeyeon’s eyes changed to bright red. Leeteuk then followed being transparent and merged with Kyuhyun’s body and Kyuhyun’s eyes changed to beautiful pearl sapphire blue. After succed doing ‘the fuse’, TaeHee then flew away toward KeyLun with two fire swords in both her right and left hands.

“Taeyeon?” Kyuhyun little bit surprised with TaeHee action, she looked different with the usual Taeyeon who prefer to defend than to attack.

“It’s not Taeyeon, it’s Heechul.” Leeteuk voice echoed from inside Kyuhyun’s body.

“Heechul is too strong for Taeyeon. So she can’t control him 100%. I wonder why the arrogant Heechul who can’t be control easily, always be obedient to Taeyeon despite of the covenant.” Leeteuk’s voice added.

“Don’t talk too much. It better we start to fight.” After said it, Kyuhyun flew away toward SicaStall and TaeMin with blue light sword in his hand. The battle between TaeHee and KeyLun became bitter fight as time went by. So did KyuTeuk and Ryeowook with SicaStall and TaeMin. They were attacking each other and defending from each other. Suddenly a demon in tall girl form came and attacked Ryeowook. Ryeowook then fell on the ground. The tall girl demon then helped TaeMin to fight KyuTeuk.

“Are okey Wookie?” KyuTeuk asked, held Ryeowook’s arm and helped him to stand up.

“It’s okey. I’m just surprised.” Ryeowook answered. He always hate any kind of sudden attack. Then they heard Taeyeon yelled something from her place, still fought with KeyLun.

“Oppaaa, I just remember. Taemin can control two demons. Watch out about his girl demons. I didn’t see her before.” Taeyeon yelled while tried to strike KeyLun with her swords.

“We knew it already. Thank you for the late information.” Ryeowook mumbled in annoyed. KyuTeuk just smirked before continued his fight. TaeHee succed in injured KeyLun’s right leg, but she got scratch in her right cheek because of KeyLun’s ice needles. Meanwhile KyuTeuk succed in injure SicaStall, TaeMin and Sulli without any wound even a scratch. In the middle of the fight which seemed still far from its end, Kyuhyun saw the man with hoodie who remained silent since the beginning started to walk to Kim’s café. His demons, Yuri, walked ahead with elegant motion. KyuTeuk wanted to stop him, but SicaStall and TaeMin always tried to prevent him to move closer to the man with hoodie. Ryeowook also can’t did it because Sulli prevented him too. While TaeHee was too busy with her fought with KeyLun. The man with hoodie and Yuri arrived in front of Kim’s café and the only barrier that separated them with the people inside Kim’s café was the glass wall. Inside Kim’s café, Sungmin finished his treat for Tiffany and did his next task to treat Seohyun’s arm. Kangin accompanied Tiffany while Hyohyeon sat beside Seohyun to help Sungmin treated Seohyun’s arm.

Praaang… Aaarrrggghhh…

Sound of broken glass wall and people screaming were heard. Yuri broke the glass wall into pieces with wind detonation that came out from her fist. Yuri and the man with hoodie stepped inside and were looking at the people. They ignored ‘the ungiven’ who gathered at one corner with fear and worried in their face. They focused their gaze toward Sungmin, Kangin, and Seohyun. KyuTeuk lost his concentration because the glass wall broken sound and he got a scrath in his left arms from SicaStall’s fire sword. KyuTeuk attacked back but this time his attack wasn’t accurate as before. His concentration was divided, he worried about Seohyun’s safety. Inside the Kim’s café, Yuri attacked Sungmin with her wind whip and it injured Sungmin’s back. Kangin who can stayed still, took a chair and hit it toward Yuri. But Yuri noticed it and in fast movement made a glass shield. Kangin flung away because the impact. Without Kangin noticed it, the hoodie man threw a light arrow to him and it explode when it hit Kangin’s leg. Kangin fell down on the floor, holding his leg. Hyohyeon screamed and approached her brother, but before she can reached him Yuri threw a wind detonation to her. Hyohyeon flung away and hit the wall with her back. She fainted. Kangin who laid on the floor, crawled and grabbed Yuri’s leg, tried to make her fell. But Yuri was too strong for Kangin. She kicked Kangin in his stomach and about to shoot him with fire balls when the man with hoodie stopped her.

“Stop it. Don’t kill him. We need him alive.” The man with hoodie said in deep voice. So Yuri just attacked him with her wind whip and tied him with invisible rope. Kangin lay on the floor in pain. Then the man with hoodie walked slowly toward Seohyun. Seohyun stepped back, tried to run away from the man with hoodie. But Yuri grabbed Seohyun with her wind whip. Seohyun can’t moved. Sungmin who lay on the floor before because his back was injured, stood up and shot Yuri with water detonation from his palm. Yuri flung away and fell down on her back. Seohyun who tangled by Yuri’s wind whip also flung away and hit table before fell on the floor. Seohyun cried in pain. Yuri pulled her wind whip from Seohyun and attacked Sungmin with it. Sungmin succed in avoiding Yuri’s attack and managed to shoot her with his water detonation once again. While Yuri fought with Sungmin, the man with hoodie approached Seohyun who still lay on the floor. A light spear formed in his hand. He then used it to stab Seohyun’s stomach, but Seohyun managed to crawl away before it hit her. Unfortunately, the light spear stabbed her right palm. Seohyun screamed in pain, tears flew from her eyes. Seeing it, Sungmin threw wind detonation toward the man with hoodie. The man with hoodie flung away just a little, but after all he can resisted it. Sungmin then stood between the man with hoodie and Seohyun who still lay in the floor, ready to fight. From the man with hoodie’s stood position, he aimed his palm toward Sungmin and Seohyun, ready to throw some detonation.

“If you want to alive, move away.” The man with hoodie said coldly to Sungmin who kept in his position.

“If you know who I am, you better to move away.” The man with hoodie said dangerously and opened his hoodie, revealed his handsome face and a wizard mark in his neck, just like Kyuhyun’s mark. That man who was in his middle age glared at Sungmin who surprised and started to tremble. That man then moved his palm to another target and shot it with light detonation from his palm. The light detonation hit a building and exploded it in pieces. That man aimed his palm toward Sungmin and Seohyun once again. Sungmin then moved away slowly, his body tremble in fear as he saw the man in front of him. After Sungmin moved away, there was no any barrier between Seohyun and that man. Nothing and no one can protected her right now. Seohyun looked at that man’s eyes with fear, tears kept flew from her eyes. Light detonation started to form on his palm and ready to take Seohyun’s life. Light detonation then released from his palm, directed exactly toward Seohyun. Seohyun can only stayed still and closed her eyes, waiting it to come and take her life. She called Kyuhyun’s name in her thought, called it out loud.

Blaaarrr…