CHAPTER 19: KYUHYUN OPPA, WHERE ARE YOU?

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“There is no other way. There are only two choices that we have to choose. Seohyun who will die or Kyuhyun who will die.”  Heechul spoke up his thought frankly. After Heechul said that line, Kyuhyun stood up and walked out, leaving the main hall. Seeing it, Leeteuk and Seohyun immediately walked out and followed him while everyone who stayed in the main hall just looked at them with sympathy.

“It’s very hard and difficult to be a Cho Kyuhyun.” Henry said in sadness before enjoyed his lollipop again.

“Oppa, is it true that there is no other way?” Taeyeon asked with hope in her heart but Eunhyuk shook his head weakly, made her hope disappear in instant.

“No. Absolutely there is no other way. And between the two choices, it will be more effective and efficient if we choose the first option.” Amber let out her thought frankly. Taeyeon’s eyes got teary at the fact that they might loose someone they loved once again. Sungmin held Taeyeon’s hand with his normal hands, tried to comfort her and eased her sadness. On the other side, Sunny hugged Eunhyuk from side, tried to make him stronger. While the others remained silent drowning in their deep thought at the very difficult choices. Meanwhile outside the palace, Kyuhyun kept walking farther from the main hall and went inside the forest with Leeteuk and Seohyun followed behind. When Kyuhyun arrived at a spacious ground in the middle of the forest, he stopped and bowed his head, looking at the ground with hand clenched into fist. Seohyun was stepping forward to approach him when Kyuhyun suddenly exploded a big rock not far in front of him with detonation. Leeteuk immediately stopped Seohyun to step farther to Kyuhyun, so she wouldn’t get hurt. Leeteuk then said.

“Let me. You just wait here.” After Leeteuk got a nod from Seohyun, he walked closer to Kyuhyun’s place. Leeteuk was about to tap Kyuhyun’s shoulder when Kyuhyun raised his head and screamed out loud.

“Yah Cho Changmin! Why did you do this to me? Why did you bring me to this world if only to suffer like this? Yah, answer me!” Kyuhyun stopped screaming. He kneeled down and bowed his head again while spoke in lower tone.

“You let me lost my mother when I only came to this world just for one day. You let Uncle killed her and made me never feel mother’s love. And as if it isn’t enough, you left me alone when I was a kid with this curse as a gift. A gift which turn me into monster and I have to live with it until I die. And the worst is I’ll give this curse to my son.” Kyuhyun couldn’t hold his sadness anymore.

“What did I do? What is my fault to receive all this suffering?” Kyuhyun spoke desperately. Tears were already streaming down in his cheeks.

“I just want to be happy with my little family, with Seohyun and my baby. Is it too much for me to ask?” Kyuhyun said in low tone with tears kept streaming down. The voice that came out from his mouth was full of saddes and pain. Seohyun who heard all of it, was also crying. She didn’t know that Kyuhyun was suffering a lot all this time even until this moment. She covered with her hands to muffle her cry so Kyuhyun wouldn’t hear it. Leeteuk who stood right beside Kyuhyun hugged him tightly. It was the first time he saw Kyuhyun cried badly like that. Since then he always saw the strong Kyuhyun. But this time he saw the weak Kyuhyun and it made his heart hurt.

“Ahjussi, am I not deserve to be happy?” Kyuhyun asked Leeteuk with trembling voice between his cry. Leeteuk didn’t answered, he only caressed Kyuhyun’s back gently, tried to ease his sadness and pain. Seohyun walked away from there, she wasn’t strong enough to see that heartbreaking scene. She walked away until she bumped into Donghae and cried in Donghae’s hug. After cried for a whole day accompanied by Donghae and Taeyeon who came not long after Seohyun bumped into Donghae, that night Seohyun was sitting on couch in the living room. She was waiting for Kyuhyun to come back home. After she left Kyuhyun and Leeteuk in the middle of the forest, she didn’t see Kyuhyun for the rest of the day. She also couldn’t call Kyuhyun or Leeteuk. With worries in her heart, Seohyun kept waiting for Kyuhyun until passed midnight. The surprising news she got in the morning made her let out all her emotion. Seohyun finally fell asleep because of tiredness while waiting for Kyuhyun who didn’t come back home yet.

***

 

4 days before the ‘Final War’

That morning Seohyun woke up from her deep sleep because the sunlight that passed through the curtain disturbed her. When she opened her eyes, she surprised to find herself lay on bed in the bedroom. She also realized pair of arms hugged her tightly in her waist. When she turned her head to find the owner of those arms, she saw Kyuhyun was sleeping peacefully like a baby. A smile formed in her face as she saw Kyuhyun in her side. She turned her body to face Kyuhyun slowly, tried not to wake him up. She then caressed his cheeks lovingly.

“Seohyun-ah, I’m still sleepy. Don’t disturb me.” Kyuhyun said in sleepy voice and closed eyes. Seohyun chuckled and asked.

“Oppa, did you bring me to the bed last night?” Kyuhyun nodded with his eyes still closed as his answer.

“Thank you.” Seohyun thanked Kyuhyun and pecked his cheek which made Kyuhyun tighten his hug to her. They stayed at that position for a while until Kyuhyun opened his eyes, looked at Seohyun and said.

“Seohyun-ah, what do you think if we are taking a walk and having fun today?”

“Why suddenly do you ask that?” Seohyun asked while poking Kyuhyun’s nose.

“Nothing. It’s just since we are together until now, we didn’t have a proper date or went out to have fun together. So how about today we are going for a date?” Kyuhyun suggested while letting out his rare puppy eyes. Seohyun chuckled and nodded in agreement. She couldn’t resist Kyuhyun’s puppy eyes.

“Yes.” Kyuhyun yelled in happiness and excitement.

“Hmm. But before we go, I want to eat pancake for breakfast.” Kyuhyun acted childishly in front of Seohyun and cuddled on her neck. Seohyun just giggled and nodded. After they ate their breakfast happily as if yesterday there wasn’t any bad news, both of them went for their date. But instead of brought Seohyun to common place for date, Kyuhyun brought her deep inside the forest.

“Oppa, I thought we’ll have a date?” Seohyun asked while looking at her surroundings which full of tree, bushes, green thingy etc.

“We will.” Kyuhyun answered shortly.

“At forest? Oppa, actually where do you bring me to? It’s look scary.” Seohyun grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand tightly who walked a head and led their way.

“Relax. There’s nothing in here. Don’t be afraid, besides I’m here.” Kyuhyun tried to comforting Seohyun without bothered to look at her.

“Oppa, are you trying to kidnap me?” Seohyun tried to joke to ease her fear.

“H a h a h a very funny. I already kidnapped you since we went to Grandpa’s house to hide. Besides, there is no wrong for kidnapping my future wife and future mother for my kids.” Kyuhyun’s words made Seohyun blushed madly.

“Then, are we going to hide?” Seohyun asked once again curiously. But instead of answering, Kyuhyun suddenly stopped and turned around to look at Seohyun.

“Yah, stop worrying. I convince you that we’ll have a date and a lot of fun. Stop ruining the mood.” Kyuhyun said in annoyance which made Seohyun closed and kept silent. He started to get pissed of by Seohyun’s behavior. After that Kyuhyun continued to walk while grabbing Seohyun’s hands and guided her. Few minutes later, in front of them could be seen a dark and spooky cave. And without hesitation, Kyuhyun dragged Seohyun entering the cave. Seohyun hugged Kyuhyun’s arm tightly when they were entering the cave deeper.

“Oppa. It’s scary.” Seohyun called Kyuhyun with trembling voice because of fear, but Kyuhyun just tapped Seohyun’s hand briefly while kept walking ahead. After few minutes entering the dark and spooky cave, they could see a light at the end of the cave. Both of them then walked to the light hurriedly.

“Oppa. T-This is.” Seohyun couldn’t finish her words because she was astonished by the beautiful scenery in front of her when they came out at the other side of the cave.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” Kyuhyun smiled softly. He stretched out both his arms as if he was presenting the beautiful scenery just for Seohyun. Seohyun nodded her head in agreement while admiring everything in front of her. A flowers field was spread out beautifully in front of her with colorful flowers. Very contrast with the bright blue of the sky. Both of it were separated by shining line which was a river with clear water. And as if to complete all of it, at the end of the river not far from where they stood, there was a beautiful waterfall.

“I found this place not long after I came to Wizardry Empire. This is my secret place, nobody knows about this place. And you are the second person who knows this place after me of course.” Kyuhyun said proudly.

“Oppa, this is so so so beautiful.” Seohyun’s eyes were teary because of what she saw. And as if the surprise wasn’t enough, when Seohyun about to hug him Kyuhyun suddenly kneeled down in front of her while holding out a shiny and beautiful ring. The ring wasn’t made from gold or silver. It was made by an ice crystal from Fire-Ice Mountain which was very well known at Wizardry Empire.

“Seohyun-ah, will you marry me?” Kyuhyun proposed to Seohyun romantically. Seohyun couldn’t hold anymore her tears of happiness. The tears were already streaming down in her chubby cheeks.

“Yes. I will.” Seohyun didn’t think twice and accepted Kyuhyun’s proposal while nodding her head excitedly. Kyuhyun smiled happily after he heard Seohyun’s answer. He then put the ring on Seohyun ring finger before he stood up and hugged her tightly.

“Thank you. Thank you very much” Kyuhyun said in Seohyun’s ear and kissed her forehead lovingly. After one of best moment in their life, both of them were enjoying the beautiful scenery. They were playing around and having a lot fun. They also didn’t forget to take a lot of photos. They were happy as if they didn’t have any problem in their life. And that day became a very happy and special day for both of them. After they had fun all the day, that night Kyuhyun and Seohyun were liying on the bed and got ready to sleep. Although it was a happy day, it was also a tiring day.

“Oppa, our trip today isn’t a goodbye trip, is it?” Seohyun suddenly asked out of blue.

“Why do you suddenly ask something like that?” Kyuhyun asked Seohyun back with unreadable face.

“I don’t know. I just have a feeling that you will leave me alone for very long time.” Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun with teary eyes. From her teary eyes Kyuhyun could see sadness, fear and worries. Kyuhyun then pulled Seohyun into his embrace and kissed top of her head lovingly.

“Don’t think negatively.” Kyuhyun caressed Seohyun’s head. And instead of answering Seohyun’s question, he spoke about another thing.

“You better go to sleep now, so you and Jookyu will stay healthy.”

“Jookyu?” Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun with questioning look.

“Jookyu. Our son.” Kyuhyun smiled while caressing Seohyun’s belly now.

“Our son? How do you know that our baby will be a baby boy? It’s only a month.” Seohyun asked while still looking at Kyuhyun in disbelief. Kyuhyun just shrugged his shoulder and answered.

“I don’t know. I just have a strong feeling that our baby will be a baby boy.” Kyuhyun said frankly.

“So, our baby’s name will be Cho Jookyu?” Seohyun asked happily and Kyuhyun nodded while smiling sweetly.

“Jookyu-ah, let’s go to sleep. Daddy will sing a lullaby for us.” Seohyun talked to a baby in her womb lovingly while Kyuhyun started to sing a lullaby which sent Seohyun to dreamland.

***

 

3 days before final war.

That morning Seohyun woke up from her deep sleep because the sunlight that passed through the curtain disturbed her once again. And with sleepy eyes, Seohyun turned her body around only to find Kyuhyun wasn’t there beside her.

“Kyuhyun oppa?” Seohyun called for Kyuhyun but there was no answer. A bit worries came to her heart. She was afraid her bad feeling would become a reality. Seohyun got up from bed and walked to the bathroom only to find Kyuhyun wasn’t there too. Her worries increased slowly but sure as she looked for Kyuhyun in entire house and there was no sign for Kyuhyun at all. Seohyun who got more worries, tried to call Kyuhyun but he didn’t pick up the phone. She tried to call Kyuhyun once again, but it failed for second time. Seohyun was trying to call Kyuhyun for third time when a knock was heard from the front door. Seohyun wished that the person who knocked the door was Kyuhyun, she ran to the front door quickly. As soon as she arrived, she opened the door immediately only to find Taeyeon and Sunny stood there with bright smile in their faces.

“Taeyeon unnie. Queen Sunny.” Seohyun greeted them politely with slight disappointment in her voice.

“Yah, why are you like that? You seem dislike to see us.” Taeyeon yelled in annoyance and then pouted her lips while Sunny kept smiling sweetly.

“N-No. It’s not like that. By the way, what’s the matter so both of you come here early in the morning?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“We need your help.” Taeyeon answered while clapping her hands excitedly.

“Tomorrow there will be a party at palace. And we need your advice and opinion for some details.” Sunny added.

“Party? At this moment?” Seohyun asked suspiciously.

“Actually, tomorrow is my birthday. And I want to celebrate it before, you know.” Sunny didn’t finish her words.

“So, do you want to help us?” Taeyeon asked expectingly.

“Of course.” Seohyun smiled weakly. Sunny who realized that there was something wrong with Seohyun, asked her.

“Is there a problem? You seem thinking about something.”

“N-No. It’s just, since I woke up I didn’t see Kyuhyun oppa. I looked for him in entire house but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I also tried to call him but he didn’t pick up the phone.” Seohyun explained her problem with worries and sadness which shown clearly in her face.

“Don’t worry. Kyuhyun oppa is doing some duties for Wizardry Empire with Eunhyuk oppa. And it’s not the dangerous one” Taeyeon told Seohyun convincingly which followed by a nod from Sunny.

“Is that so? Glad to know it. You guys come in and wait a moment. I’ll go and get ready for seconds.” Seohyun looked less worried after Taeyeon’s words. Seohyun immediately got ready. She did it hurriedly so Taeyeon and Sunny wouldn’t wait her too long. So that day Seohyun was busy with party preparation such as choosing menu, choosing and arraging flowers and even deciding the concept of the party which decided to be a garden party. And not forgot about others little things too. Didn’t know why, Taeyeon and Sunny kept asking Seohyun’s opinion about whole things, like did she like it or not; what was her favorite flower; what was her favorite color; etc as if the party was held for her. But when she asked again what party it would, everyone gave her the same answer ‘You’ll know tomorrow’. So Seohyun decided not to think about it too much, because she still confused with where Kyuhyun was. Between her busy activities to prepare the party, Seohyun used to call Kyuhyun but just like before, he didn’t pick up the phone. It’s almost evening when Taeyeon and Sunny suddenly dragged Seohyun to a beauty parlor. While the last preparation of the party were done by palace workers, the three of them beautify themselves at beauty parlor before hanged out and had fun together. And before they decided to go home, they used to eat dinner at a restaurant.

“Woah, today is amazing. We have a lot of fun.” Taeyeon yelled excitedly on their way home.

“You’re right. It had been a long time since the last time I had fun like this.” Sunny was nodding her head happily which made Seohyun giggled to see her ‘unnies’s’ act.

“Seohyun-ah, when you get home, you have to go sleep immediately. Tomorrow there will be a big party, so prepare yourself.” Taeyeon yelled full of excitement while Seohyun just nodded and giggled. When they arrived at palace area, the three of them bid goodbye to each other and went to their own home. Seohyun arrived at Kyuhyun’s house with expectation in her heart that Kyuhyun was already in there. But she was disappointed at the fact she didn’t find Kyuhyun anywhere. Since morning until end of that day, Seohyun didn’t see Kyuhyun at all. She even didn’t hear his voice. And until now, she couldn’t contact Kyuhyun or Leeteuk. And it made her worried again. Seohyun then decided to wait for Kyuhyun while liying on bed.

“Jookyu-ah, where is your daddy? I hope everything is fine.” Seohyun talked to her baby while caressing her belly lovingly. Few minutes later, Seohyun fell asleep because of exhaustion. And before she was drowning to very deep sleep, she mumbled.

“Kyuhyun oppa, please go home. Jookyu and I are waiting for you.”

***

 

2 days before final war.

That morning Seohyun woke up earlier only to feel disappointed again because she couldn’t find Kyuhyun. He wasn’t beside her, and from the tidy bed sheet she concluded that Kyuhyun didn’t go home last night.

“Oppa, where are you?” Seohyun mumbled with worries and fear grew bigger in her heart. She lost in her thought for a moment before got off from bed with heavy heart.

“Jookyu-ah, do you like sandwich and milk?” Seohyun talked to her baby while caressing her belly lovingly. Although she didn’t have any appetite to eat breakfast but she had to for the baby in her womb. After finished cleaning herself, Seohyun went to kitchen to make her breakfast. Not need a long time, breakfast was already served in front of her. 3 slices tuna sandwich, 2 glasses of milk and a big bowl of fruit salad. A lot of food for someone who didn’t have appetite to eat breakfast, wasn’t it? Seohyun looked at her surroundings, the house felt empty and silent without Kyuhyun’s presence. She then took a deep breath before started to eat her breakfast. She was finishing half of her breakfast, when the front door was knocked loudly and followed by Taeyeon’s excited screaming.

“Seohyun-ah, are you ready for the party?” Seohyun giggled and walked to open the door. And when she opened the door, she saw over excited Taeyeon was standing there.

“Unnie, isn’t it too early for party?” Seohyun asked while still giggling.

“Yep, it is. But it isn’t too early to get ready and be pretty right!” Taeyeon winked and walked inside, following Seohyun who went back to kitchen to continue her breakfast.

“Seohyun-ah, is Kyuhyun oppa here?” Taeyeon asked hesitantly when she arrived at kitchen and saw the food. Seohyun shook her head as answer while eating her last sandwich.

“Then who are going to eat all those food?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Me?” Seohyun answered with mouth full of food hesitantly.

“You will eat all of those?” Taeyeon yelled in disbelief while widening her eyes. Seohyun nodded and caressed her belly to tell Taeyeon in order if she forgot that there were two humans who needed to be feed.

“Oh, I forget about little Cho in your belly.” Taeyeon remembered, she then sat in front of Seohyun while supported her head with her hands.

“Ah, if only Appa could attend the party.” Taeyeon’s expression became sad. And when Seohyun was about to say some comforting words to ease Taeyeon’s sadness, Taeyeon’s phone rang.

“Hello. Yes. Really? Okey.” Taeyeon talked and listened carefully to her phone so Seohyun decided to continue her remain breakfast, a big bowl of fruit salad and a glass of milk. Seohyun finished her breakfast at the same time with Taeyeon hang up her call, a quite long phone call.

“Seohyun, are you done? We have to go now and get ready for party.” Taeyeon said impatiently and hurriedly. Seohyun didn’t have a chance to answer because Taeyeon already dragged her out from Kyuhyun’s house. Both of them then went to a place where Sunny was waiting for them.

“Why does it take you a long time? We have to get ready in minutes.” Sunny said impatiently when Taeyeon and Seohyun got in to dressing room.

“Taeyeon-ah, this is your dress. Seohyun-ah, yours is in that room. I’ll help you with it.” Sunny gave a beautiful pink dress to Taeyeon and then pushed Seohyun to the room where her dress was on.

“Take of your clothes. I’ll help you wear your dress.” Sunny ordered Seohyun who obeyed it diligently. After she took of her clothes, she put the beautiful white dress on with Sunny’s help. Seohyun who still confused with her dress was pulled out by Sunny to stand in front of a big mirror.

“Seohyun-ah, you’re beautiful. Gorgeous.” Taeyeon who already wore her pink dress, exclaimed in amazement. Seohyun then looked at her reflection in front of that big mirror. She was wearing a very beautiful white dress which looked like a wedding dress.

“Unnie, it looks like a wedding dress. Am I right?” Seohyun asked hesitantly without turned her gaze from her reflection.

“Yes, it is. It’s definitely a wedding dress.” Sunny answered while smiling happily.

“B-But why do I have to wear a wedding dress to the party?” Seohyun asked once again. She confused and didn’t understand why she had to wear that wedding dress.

“Of course you have to wear a wedding dress in your wedding party.” Taeyeon exclaimed excitedly while clapping her hands. Sunny who stood next to Taeyeon was giggling happily.

“Oh, right.” Seohyun nodded. Silence for a moment before she yelled in surprise as realization hit her.

“What? My what?”