CHAPTER 16: THE UNTOLD STORY AND CHO’S SECRET

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Henry Lau?” Taeyeon, Sungmin and Eunhyuk asked in unison. They never met or saw Henry Lau before, they only heard about him. It was the first time they saw him in person. When the three of them still in surprise, all the demons along with Kangin and Donghae just watched what was happening.

“You’re right, Amber. He is a Cho. Then what should I do?” Henry scratched his chin and asked his demons, Amber, after he saw Kyuhyun with his own eyes. He then sat on nearest chair, enjoying his lollipop while thinking, as if there wasn’t any other person besides Amber, Kyuhyun and himself. Amber sat on the table next to Henry’s chair, looking at Seohyun curiously.

“A-are you Henry Lau?” Seohyun stuttered. She asked between her sob. Henry nodded, still enjoying his lollipop.

“Please, save Kyuhyun oppa.” Seohyun begged to Henry while hugging Kyuhyun tighter. Henry chuckled after he heard Seohyun’s request. He then asked.

“Why should I?” Seohyun looked at Henry dumbfounded and the others too. Silence covered for a moment because Seohyun didn’t know how to answer. She then said.

“Y-You come here to help us, don’t you?” Seohyun asked hesitantly.

“Hahahaha.” Henry laughed and Amber chuckled.

“I come here to watch something interesting. And actually I’m considering to kill your boyfriend instead of save him.” Henry shrugged his shoulders.

“What?” All of them said in unison. They didn’t expect to hear such an answer from him. While on the other hand Kyuhyun was getting worse and worse. His lips were completely red because of his blood. Seohyun’s clothes were covered by his blood too. There even a puddle of blood in his side.

“Hey, relax.” Henry tried to calm down the situation.

“Amber, give him ‘Mint Leaf’. There’s enough blood to see.” Henry commanded Amber who then walked to Kyuhyun and kneeled down beside him. She took some leaves from her pocket and put it in Kyuhyun’s mouth. She then trailed her index finger from Kyuhyun’s lips to his chin then to his neck until reached his stomach. Few seconds later Kyuhyun stopped vomiting. He seemed relax as if his pain was gone. He breathed calmly.

“What do you mean by ‘considering to kill Kyuhyun’?” Siwon asked. He was little bit angry by Henry’s words. Henry turned his head and looked at Siwon. He put an innocent face and said.

“Before I answer your question, I want to ask you another question.” Siwon nodded his head in agreement.

“Are you not curious about why you can’t see anything about Kyuhyun in past few days? About why you can’t predict this was going to happen?” Henry asked while pointing at Kyuhyun who looked like he was sleeping peacefully. Siwon didn’t say anything because what Henry said was right. Lately he couldn’t see anything about Kyuhyun’s future. Actually since the first battle at Kim’s café, he couldn’t see anything about Kyuhyun and Seohyun. He thought it was because the effect of unbalance aura that happened lately.

“You are right. It’s because the unbalance aura that happened lately.” Henry spoke what was on Siwon’s mind without Siwon told him. He then asked Siwon another question.

“But do you know the reason of the unbalance aura?” Siwon shook his head. He didn’t have any idea about it. There were only Siwon, as the oracle, who could feel the unbalance aura along with all demons. They decided to ignore and don’t think about it because they were busy with all mess and fight with Jonghyun’s army. The situation was already bad without being added with some indifinite news.

“The unbalance aura was caused by the growing of very great power. And the growing of very great power ruins your vision only about Kyuhyun. Why only Kyuhyun? Because that very great power come from Kyuhyun himself.” Henry explained and answered his own question.

“Aaarrrgghhh.” Suddenly Kyuhyun screamed in pain again. And this time his scream seemed more painfull than before. All of them then looked at Kyuhyun worriedly who vomiting blood again. And Seohyun along with Taeyeon started to cry again after heard Kyuhyun’s scream.

“Please save Kyuhyun. I beg you. Please save him.” This time Eunhyuk begged to Henry. He even kneeled down in front of Henry, didn’t mind his position as a prince of Wizardry Empire. Tears were flowing down in his cheeks, seeing his bestfriend and his beloved dongsaeng in so much pain, getting closer to the death as time passed.

“I’ll give you everything. I’ll do everything for you. But please save Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk still begged.

“Hmm, everything?” Henry was considering Eunhyuk’s offer. It seemed to give him some advantages.

“Even if it’s your life?’ Henry asked after thought for a while.

“Yes.” Eunhyuk answered without hesitation, even just a little.

“Ah, of course you will give your life. You took a part in all this mess and now you want to set free from the guilty feeling. Your life is a cheap repayment, isn’t it?” Henry was thinking for a moment before a smirk appeared on his face.

“What do you say? Our prince’s life is a cheap repayment? How dare you to say that!” Yesung yelled at Henry. Although he disappointed with Eunhyuk before, became a loyal demons to his master, Yesung couldn’t accept Henry’s words. He was about to attack Henry, but Ryeowook prevented him by hugged him tightly.

“Don’t” Ryeowook whispered to Yesung who finally could control himself. And as if Yesung didn’t interupt, Henry said his thought.

“What do you think if I’m asking for your throne?” Henry smiled and winked to Eunhyuk. Amber chuckled after she heard her master’s ridiculous request. Everyone in there was surprised by Henry’s ridiculous request. Eunhyuk confused, he didn’t know what to answer. If he agreed to give his throne, Wizardry Empire would lead by this crazy person after Queen Sunny put her throne down. And it means he would make another mistake and there wouldn’t be a bright future for Wizardry Empire. But if he rejected Henry’s request, his bestfriend and his beloved dongsaeng would loose his life and it was because of him. Silence covered them, no one dare to speak even to let out a sigh. The only things could be heard were Kyuhyun’s scream along with Seohyun and Taeyeon’s crying sound.

“It’s very difficult option, isn’t it?” Amber chuckled.

“Before you answer my request, I’ll tell all of you something.” Henry then motioned Amber to give Kyuhyun another ‘Mint Leaf’ and this time she gave him more. After Kyuhyun calmed down again, all of them looked at Henry curiously, waiting him to talk.

“As you know, Kyuhyun was poisoned by ‘HyakuHi’ poison, a poison which can kill everyone just in seconds. And as all you can see, he still survives. But I don’t have any idea for how long.” Henry paused for a moment before continued.

“He can survive until this moment because he is a Cho. And if I finally want to save him, there are three possibilities. Live or die or the third possibility. If he lives or dies, it doesn’t matter for me. And what make me afraid the most is the third possibility that he is alive but not as Cho Kyuhyun. But as a monster who only know to kill and to destroy everything. That monster possibly has equal power as Jonghyun with ‘Stone of Life’ in maximum rate. Or he possibly has more power than Jonghyun, more powerfull, more brutal and more evil.” Everyone surprised with the information that told by Henry, no exception with the demons.

“And if I were you, I prefer Kyuhyun to die. It’s safer that way” Henry said seriously and it was very unususal for him to do so.

“No, it’s impossible.” Taeyeon yelled at Henry. She didn’t believe at what Henry just said. Shindong then took crying Taeyeon in his hug, caressing her head lovingly.

“As Wizardry Empire’s Adviser, I think you know what I mean.” Henry pointed at Shindong who nodded weakly. Taeyeon looked at his father, wanted some explaination. Instead of Shindong, Henry explained it for Taeyeon and the others.

“The reason why the Empire treats Cho’s family well, is not only because they are loyal and strong wizard. But also because they are afraid if they made Cho’s family their enemy. Eventhough I doubt the decision, because once that monster arise, he will not know who is friend and who is enemy. As I said before, all that monster know is killing and destroying.” Henry paused for a moment before continued.

“All of you must know the story about ‘The Amazing Kangta’. But behind that story, there is another story, ‘The Untold Story’. And there no one tells that story until now.” Henry stopped for a moment, while the others waiting in anticipation. When Henry started his story, the other paid attention to him and listened carefully.

“When Kangta was young, in his twenties for exact, actually he had two bestfriends, Cho Dongwan and another man which we call him the third man. And as common young man, they wanted to be a strong and great wizard. With their knowledge and their strong will, they finally found ancient magic which could give them power and eternity. Kangta created ‘Stone of Life’ successfully. Cho Dongwan made a forbidden covenant with the strongest demons ‘Hipno’.” All the demons in that room stiffened with horrified face after they heard that name.

“And the third man found the receipt to make eternal concoction. Cho Dongwan was the first person who got the great power and eternity successfully. But in the fifth day he got his power, ‘Hipno’ took over his body and mind, turned him into a killing monster. Kangta was the second person who finally got the great power by created ‘Stone of Life’ in order to defeat ‘Hipno’. He used ‘Stone of Life’ to fight and defeat ‘Hipno’ and save Dongwan. But ‘Stone of Life’s’ power wasn’t bigger than ‘Hipno’s’ power. In the end Kangta could defeat ‘Hipno’ because Dongwan could control ‘Hipno’ for some moments. So Kangta could kill ‘Hipno’ which also killed Dongwan. But what Kangta didn’t know was actually ‘Hipno’ didn’t die along with Dongwan. ‘Hipno’ transfered to Dongwan’s son and slept there for very a long time. And with the forbidden covenant he made with Dongwan, he will always alive in the selected Cho’s generation, waiting the time for him to wake up. But all of it was known by the third man. He finally could find the receipt of eternal concoction right after Dongwan died and Kangta left. And he always makes sure that ‘Hipno’ is sleeping until this moment.” Henry finished his story.

“How do you know about this story? If it is the untold story and no one ever tell this story before, who told you?” Heechul asked curiously.

“I know because I’m the third man.” Henry answered shortly while remembering about his two bestfriend that already dead a long time ago. Everyone looked at Henry in disbelief, as if all what he said was a lie.

“Appa, do you know about this?” Taeyeon asked her father. And Shindong nodded his head weakly.

“Queen Sunny and I only know about the Cho’s secret, about ‘Hipno’ in the selected Cho’s generation. Not about the untold story. We are also given a warning about how dangerous ‘Hipno’ is by the previous King who got that message from previous King before him.” Shindong told the fact.

“Then if you and the Empire know how dangerous ‘Hipno’ is, why you or the Empire don’t kill the selected Cho’s generation a long time ago?” Now Ryeowook asked to Henry and Shindong curiously.

“It‘s because if we do it, the covenant will be broken. And the broken covenant will open the boundary between human’s world and demons’s world. And once the boundary is open, it only leads the two worlds to its end. That’s why it is called forbidden covenant. Kangta didn’t know about it when he killed Dongwan back then, and it was luck that ‘Hipno’ was asleep so the world keep exist. If not, we wouldn’t be here now, having some nice discussion.” Henry answered calmy, as if there was nothing to worry about.

“Luck? Nice discussion? Very good choice of word you have, don’t you?” Sungmin said sarcastically.

“Then why do you prefer Kyuhyun oppa to die? If he dies then ‘Hipno’ will die too. And the two worlds will go to its end, right?” Taeyeon protested, she still confused with all of this nonsense.

“The rule is, the forbidden covenant will be inherited to the selected Cho’s generation when he already can control his power, his wizard power. If the selected Cho’s generation who hold the forbidden covenant don’t have any heirs, when he dies so will the two worlds. It doesn’t happen until now because all this time they always have ones. But like in Dongwan’s case, the two worlds didn’t go to its end when he died because the forbidden covenant was already inherited to his son eventhough his son still on his mother’s womb. We never could solve this problem and we never secure from ‘Hipno’s’ threat, we only could delay it again and again. And it’s happening too this time.” Henry explained.

“Then why Kyuhyun oppa have to die? His case is different from Dongwan’s case. He isn’t married yet. He also doesn’t have any child yet or will have it soon?” Taeyeon cut Henry’s explanation. Henry took a deep sigh before said.

“Do you think so?” Henry smirked.

“There is already little Cho in that girl’s womb.” Henry pointed his index finger toward Seohyun.