CHAPTER 22: END OF THE WAR

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

When MinWook turned his head to see the owner of those hand which held his shoulder, he extremely surprised to find HanZhou standing behind him. HanZhou smiled slyly and in his hand his sword was ready to stab Sungmin’s body. But suddenly and out of nowhere, a big black hole appeared in the air. And before the black hole disappeared, two silhouettes were rushing outside from inside. One of the silhouettes rushed and attacked HanZhou while the other attacked Jonghyun and dragged Eunhyuk and SunMo to grow distant from Jonghyun’s reach. Eunhyuk didn’t move at all while looking at nothing. He still couldn’t believe that he just lost his loyal demon, Yesung, who sacrified himself to protect his master. On the other hand, SunMo’s condition was getting worse. After kept the two of them far for Jonghyun’s reach and made sure that they were safe, the silhouette flew back to fight Jonghyun.

“Leeteuk hyung!” MinWook exclaimed when he saw Leeteuk stood in front of him with his back facing at him. Leeteuk was in ready position to fight HanZhou who fell on the ground because Leeteuk’s attack earlier.

“I-It means.” TaeHee who stood not far from MinWook and saw Leeteuk with her own eyes too, didn’t continue her sentence. She turned her head to Jonghyun’s direction and she saw a man was fighting with Jonghyun. And just like what she expected, she saw Kyuhyun, with pearl blue sapphire eyes and shining wizard mark on his neck. With very high speed, Jonghyun and Kyuhyun were looked like they were fighting. But the truth was Kyuhyun was beating Jonghyun up with his bare hands. Their fast movement suddenly stopped with Kyuhyun was standing strongly in his position while Jonghyun was liying on the ground. Kyuhyun didn’t wait for Jonghyun to stand up. He used this chance and immediately flew away to HanZhou’s direction.

“Ahjussi!” In the middle of his way, Kyuhyun called Leeteuk who nodded in understanding and immediately approached HanZhou too. Both of them then attacked HanZhou at the same time. Could be seen the big difference between Kyuhyun and HanZhou’s power. And it didn’t take a long time for them until HanZhou lay on the ground unconsciously.

“Sungmin hyung. Take care of him.” Kyuhyun ordered MinWook before he and Leeteuk flew away to SicaStall and KeyLun’s direction. Kyuhyun didn’t arrive yet at SicaStall and KeyLun’s position when a detonation rushed and aimed at him. Apparently Jonghyun was able to stand up and now he was attacking Kyuhyun.

“Ahjussi! Take care of SicaStall and KeyLun with Taemin, Taeyeon and Sungmin hyung. I have to take care of this brat first.” Kyuhyun spoke to Leeteuk who flew beside him. After he got nod from Leeteuk, Kyuhyun turned around and rushed to Jonghyun’s direction. As soon as Kyuhyun arrived in front of Jonghyun, both of them then involved in very tense and dangerous close battle. They were attacking and trying to hurt each other. Sound of explosion and loud scream accompanied their fight. Meanwhile on the other side of battle field, Leeteuk led TaeHee, MinWook and TaeMinLli to beat SicaStall and KeyLun up. With their numbers and powers, it’s not hard to do so. It’s proved by after some minutes of fighting, finally SicaStall and KeyLun could only sit inside an ice cage which made by MinWook. Seeing how the war was going after Kyuhyun came, YunYul smiled proudly. He already lost his intention for fighting. He just stood there in front of the confused WonSoo while watching at Kyuhyun.

“He grows up become a very great wizard. He even surpasses me and Changmin. You must be proud of him, aren’t you Victoria?” YunYul talked to himself, ignoring still confused WonSoo who was forced to stay silent too. Kyuhyun and Jonghyun were fighting in very high speed. And the others could only see shadows were flashing here and there with big explosions in between. A detonation was fired by Jonghyun to Kyuhyun’s direction. But it missed and passed by Kyuhyun. It hit the ground not far from Eunhyuk’s position in a big explosion. The sound of explosion woke Eunhyuk up who immediately helped and protected his sister by brought her into to his embrace. He then looked at Kyuhyun hopefully and whispered.

“The result of this war depends on you. I’ll trust it to you.” Kyuhyun realized something after he saw Eunhyuk almost got hurt by the detonation earlier. He realized that his fight with Jonghyun was very dangerous for people around them. Kyuhyun then yelled out loud while kept fighting with Jonghyun.

“Everybody move! Stay away from the fight!” Hearing Kyuhyun’s scream which was very distinctly, everyone, friend or enemy, immediately moved away from Jonghyun and Kyuhyun’s battle field as far as they could. When he thought that everyone was far enough from his battle range, Kyuhyun concentrated and uttered some spells. A small vault was formed around Kyuhyun’s body. The vault then became bigger and wider. It widened until it covered Jonghyun too and stopped before everyone’s position, so there’s only Kyuhyun and Jonghyun who trapped in it. Jonghyun who realized that he was trapped in Kyuhyun’s vault, tried to destroy it but his effort was useless. The vault wasn’t shattered at all and it didn’t move even an inch. On the other side of vault, Kyuhyun concentrated once again and uttered some others spells. Suddenly, the ground under the vault was shaking and breaking. It was splitting, cracking and dividing, forming a big ground chunk. Slowly, the chunk was moving upward, floating in the air with only Kyuhyun and Jonghyun inside.

“With this, I can fight you freely.” Kyuhyun said excitedly while looking at Jonghyun sharply. A smirk was formed in his lips. On the other side of vault, Jonghyun didn’t have another option. He had to fight and beat Kyuhyun up inside the vault if he wanted to win. He wasn’t afraid to fight Kyuhyun inside the vault nor afraid to lose, but he just didn’t like the fact that he couldn’t attack and kill anybody else except Kyuhyun at that moment.

“It’ll be interesting. Don’t reduce your power or I’ll kill you in a minute.” Jonghyun said mockingly while looking at Kyuhyun with full of hatred. After Jonghyun said that, a sword appeared in their hands at the same time, fire sword on Jonghyun’s hand and light sword on Kyuhyun’s hand. With the sword in their hands, both of them were approaching each other and started their actual fight. They fought in very dangerous close battle, their swords were colliding to each other and their skins were slashing. And sometimes with their free hands, they threw detonations to each other. Minutes passed and their fight was still on going with a lot of big explosions surround them, in here and there. Kyuhyun got slash wounds in both his arms and fresh blood was dripping from it. Jonghyun’s condition wasn’t even better. He got slash wounds too in his left arm and his left leg. Slowly but sure, both of them were covered by their own blood.

“You’re better than I thought.” Jonghyun said in between their fight. And Kyuhyun just gave him a smirk as an answer. Both of them then stopped their fight for a while. They stood few meters away from each other while observing each other’s action. Jonghyun then decided if he wanted to win, he had to let out all his power and strength for sure this time. While looking at Kyuhyun sharply, Jonghyun was uttering some spells and suddenly his body was covered by tosca green light. Kyuhyun who saw it, knew that Jonghyun was letting out all his power and strength. He then decided to do the same. When he started to utter some spells, pearl sapphire blue light started covering his body too. Their maximum power was very huge. It even disturbed the balance of nature and also created unbalance aura surround them. The sky suddenly became cloudy and dark with lighting striked and thunder rumbled. The ground where Eunhyuk and the others stood up was shaking, splitting and cracking. The situation became very tense and terrified. Danger was sensed as if few moments later there would be very big destruction.

“Argh.” Siwon screamed in pain while holding his head.

“Are you okey?” YunYul asked Siwon who stood beside him in pain. Since Kyuhyun’s presence, both of them were no longer fighting. They just stood in their position while watching Kyuhyun and Jonghyun’s fight.

“Their power is too huge and too strong. It creates unbalance aura which makes my vision blurry and it hurts my head.” WonSoo said while massaging his temple, tried to reduce his pain. And as if convincing WonSoo’s comment, a very big explosion was rumbling and followed by a big detonation which came out from the vault. Apparently Kyuhyun and Jonghyun already started their fight again. Sound of explosions and collided swords kept being heard, followed by screams of anger from both of them. Kyuhyun and Jonghyun threw detonations to each other which made a lot of holes in the vault’s wall. The vault which was preventing the detonations to come out before, couldn’t resist anymore and just waiting for its time to break into pieces. In the sky could be seen a lot of lightings, as if the sky started to crack too. Minutes passed, but there was no sign that the fight between Kyuhyun and Jonghyun would come to its end. The big ground chunk where both of them stepped onto was hanging at an angle, ready to fall down to the earth. Leeteuk who saw the fight from below along with the others, started to worry and impatient. He remembered when he and Kyuhyun were still at demons world, having a deal with Hipno, before came back to human world.

Flashback

“Kyuhyun-ah, hold on.” Leeteuk yelled worriedly to see Kyuhyun fell and started being unconscious.

“We have to get out from here immediately.” Leeteuk tried to bring Kyuhyun when Kyuhyun stopped him and shook his head. He was trying to gain his conscious eventhough it’s almost impossible.

 “But.” Leeteuk tried to protest when Hipno cut him. Leeteuk and Kyuhyun then turned their head to Hipno and paid their attention to his words.

“Wait. I’ll help you and lend my power. But remembering my huge power, I can only give you short time before I take control of your body and mind and destroy human world. So as prevention action, I’ll open demons world’s gate when the time is up. I’ll do it because I don’t want to be trapped again in human world for the second time.” After said it, Hipno then joined to Kyuhyun’s body again.

End of Flashback

“Kyuhyun-ah, hurry up. There isn’t much time left.” Leeteuk mumbled to himself. Another minutes passed and Leeteuk was completely worried at this moment. As if answering his pray, the big ground chunk which became the battle field of Kyuhyun and Jonghyun’s fight was falling down to earth. And it hit the earth with very loud ‘BAM’ sound. The vault which was trapping Kyuhyun and Jonghyun before, couldn’t be seen anywhere. It disappeared and nothing left, showing two men were standing with fresh blood covering their body. The swords in their hands were still dripping fresh blood too. Between the two of them, no one made any movement. They just stood there while panting and looking at each other with tired look. On the other side, Leeteuk and the others didn’t make any movement too. They just stood stiffly in their position. They could feel the tension surround them reached its peak as they were waiting who the winner was between Kyuhyun and Jonghyun. Suddenly one of the two men fell down on the ground, while the other supported his weak body with sword in his hand.

“Kyuhyun-ah, the time is almost up.” Leeteuk yelled at Kyuhyun who supported his weak body with sword in his hand and tried to stand up on his feet. Kyuhyun nodded in understanding, he had to finish all of this before another nightmare could happen. With his weak body, Kyuhyun walked closer to Jonghyun who liying on the ground. When he was about to take care of Jonghyun, the nightmare which Kyuhyun and Leeteuk scared of started to happen. Suddenly a very big black hole appeared in the air. And without mercy, it started to everything, bringing them to demons world.

“Everyone, hold on something.” Leeteuk yelled and warned everyone. Everyone immediately held on something near them which was strong enough to prevent them being by the black hole. TaeHee, TaeMinLli and MinWook held onto a big branch while holding on SicaStall and KeyLun. WonSoo and YunYul hid behind a big rock. So did HenBer, he hid behind a big rock with unconscious HanZhou. But too bad for Eunhyuk, he only held onto a small branch while hugging SunMo.

“Ahjussi! Help Eunhyuk hyung!” Kyuhyun ordered Leeteuk who was about to approach him. After he heard Kyuhyun’s order, Leeteuk turned around and went to help Eunhyuk and SunMo. Kyuhyun himself was holding onto his sword which embedded on the ground with one hand, while his other hand was holding on Jonghyun. The black hole grew bigger and stonger. It everything more forcefully than before. There was even a time when TaeHee slipped her hold on the branch, but fortunately TaeMinLli and MinWook could catch her at the right time. The pulling strength of the black hole reached its maximum and made everyone almost couldn’t hold on any longer. MinWook and TaeHee looked at each other as they said their goodbye through the look. They did it as if their life would end in any minutes. Eunhyuk even was already by the black hole because he was too busy with SunMo and forgot about his own safety. Eunhyuk was on his way to enter the black hole when his body hit transparent protection shield which was made by Kyuhyun right after he saw Eunhyuk was . Actually Kyuhyun was enough troublesome in doing three different things at the same time. He had to hold Jonghyun and himself from being by the black hole. And at the same time he had to make and keep the protection shield to work in protecting and preventing everyone from being too. Kyuhyun knew that his time was up and the black hole appeared in front of them in order to pick him up. He also knew that the only way to end all of these nightmares was he had to enter the black hole. But he had to enter the black hole alone by himself, without anybody else being too. Kyuhyun was busy with his thought when he felt a sharp thing on his chest. He looked to his chest and he saw a sword stabbed on it. Fresh blood was streaming down from his chest to the end of the sword. It was Jonghyun’s sword. In such kind of emergency condition, Jonghyun took a chance and stabbed his sword to Kyuhyun’s chest.

“I know I’ll die. But I don’t want to die alone. I’ll bring you with me to the hell.” Jonghyun smiled slyly. He then pulled out his sword before stabbed it one more time to Kyuhyun’s chest. Everyone could see that scene clearly which made them surprised. They even more surprised when they saw Jonghyun stabbed Kyuhyun for the second times. They couldn’t even think how Jonghyun could do it since Kyuhyun was holding and protecting him from the black hole. YunYul was the first person who woke up from the surprising sight. Ignoring his own safety, YunYul rushed to Jonghyun and Kyuhyun’s direction while trying not to get by the black hole. When he arrived, he pulled out his sword and immediately lumped Jonghyun’s head unhesitantly. Jonghyun’s dead body then got by the black hole and disappeared in darkness. And so did YunYul. He followed Jonghyun got by the black hole. He entrusted his life to fate, he didn’t even bother to hold onto anything. YunYul gave a sincere smile to Kyuhyun for the last time before he disappeared in the darkness of the black hole. Meanwhile, knowing that he was dying, Kyuhyun decided to use his left power and strength to save everyone. He released and fired a very powerfull air pressure toward Eunhyuk and the others which made them flung backward, getting far away from the black hole. And after that Kyuhyun replaced the transparent protection shield into invisible wall to hold and prevent everyone from being again. As he felt everything was enough, Kyuhyun looked at the tower where Seohyun’s room was. He smiled and mumbled.

“I’m sorry Seohyun-ah. I love you.” Kyuhyun then released his hold on his sword which embedded on the ground before made his way to enter the black hole. As soon as Kyuhyun entered the black hole, the black hole then gone and disappeared from the air.

Siiing.

Silence covered them and nobody dared to move. Everything happened really very fast. Few minutes before, everyone was surprised by the black hole presence. And few minutes later, there was only silence. Everyone still couldn’t believe with what they saw, with what was happened in front of their eyes. They still couldn’t accept the fact that the war was over with the lost of someone they loved, their brother, their friend, their hero. Then the silence was broken by coughing sound which came from Sunny who already parted herself with Jungmo. As soon as his conscious came back to him after he heard Sunny’s cough, Eunhyuk immediately approached his sister who liying on Leeteuk’s lap.

“Noona, are you okey?” Eunhyuk asked worriedly. He was panic and afraid. And so did the others. Eunhyuk was about to look for Taeyeon or Sungmin or Henry when Sunny called him.

“Hyukjae-ah, I’m sorry. My time is up.” Sunny didn’t continue her words because Eunhyuk cut her.

“No no no. You’ll be alright. I’ll help you. I’ll find the cure. Besides, we have Taeyeon, Sungmin hyung and Henry. They are very great healer, aren’t they?” Eunhyuk said with tears already streaming down on his cheeks. Sunny smiled and thouched Eunhyuk’s right cheek with her palm. Sunny caressed it for a while before placed her hand on Eunhyuk’s shoulder.

“With this, I give you the throne of Wizardry Empire. Now, you are the King of Wizardry Empire.” After she said it, Sunny smiled for the last time to Eunhyuk before she closed her eyes forever. Eunhyuk only bowed his head and hugged Sunny’s dead body while crying hardly. Everyone in there was crying too. TaeHee was crying hardly on MinWook’s chest who also crying silently. Maybe they already won the war. But what they felt right now wasn’t happiness of victory. Instead they felt sadness of losing. Because on that day, on that memorable day, they lost people they loved most.

***

 

Inside a quiet room in one tower of Wizardry Empire palace, Seohyun was liying on a bed still sleeping peacefully. A second later she opened her eyes slowly. And the first thing she saw was the white ceiling above her. She still felt sleepy but she forced herself to wake up and sat on the bed while rubbing her sleepy eyes. She was observing the whole room and stopped when she saw Taeyeon sat beside her bed. She tried to find someone else but Taeyeon was the only person besides herself inside that room. Somehow it made her knew that she would hear a bad news.

“Taeyeon unnie.” Seohyun greeted and gave Taeyeon sleepy smile before she yawned. She didn’t know why she felt that sleepy, as if she didn’t sleep for a long time.

“Seohyun-ah, how do you feel?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun about her condition. She tried to make a light conversation at first, before she told Seohyun about Kyuhyun. Taeyeon was confused at that moment. She didn’t know how to say it nor started it from where.

“Sleepy?” Seohyun smiled and yawned for the second times. She tried to ease the gloomy atmosphere which was created between them with her simple answer. It definitely made Taeyeon smiled, but her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Seohyun still could see the sadness and lost in Taeyeon’s eyes. And she didn’t like it at all.

“Unnie, how long I’ve sleep? I feel like I was sleeping for a long time but yet, I still feel sleepy.” Seohyun asked and tried to make another light conversation with Taeyeon.

“Three days.” Taeyeon answered shortly and gave her a weak smile.

“What? That long? Then how is the final war?” Seohyun asked worriedly remembering about the final war. She was worried about the others’ safety.

“You don’t need to worry. It’s over and we won.” Taeyeon tried to calm Seohyun down and gave a sad smile to her at the end.

“But?” Seohyun sat stiffly in her position. She asked Taeyeon to continue her words because she knew there’s something more.

“But.” Taeyeon started but didn’t continue her words. She was confused how to say it to Seohyun. Meanwhile on the other side, Seohyun could feel that Taeyeon would tell something that would break her heart into pieces. She could sense it from Taeyeon’s expression since the beginning.

“But what?” Seohyun forced Taeyeon a little bit to talk. Although she was afraid about what she would hear, she still wanted to know.

“We won. But we lost Yesung oppa and Sunny unnie during the war.” Taeyeon stopped for a moment and took a deep breath before she continued.

“And we also lost your husband.” Taeyeon bowed her head. She didn’t dare to look at Seohyun’s face. She was afraid that she would burst in tears when she saw Seohyun’s sad face. Silence for seconds and there’s no respon from Seohyun. Taeyeon decided to raise her head and looked at Seohyun. Taeyeon was confused because she found out Seohyun’s expression was flat, empty, emotionless, and unreadable, as if she didn’t feel anything.

“Seohyun-ah?” Taeyeon called Seohyun worriedly. And she became more confused with Seohyun’s answer, but she couldn’t ask Seohyun more because Seohyun’s family was getting inside. And what Seohyun said was.

“It’s okey unnie. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine.”

“ Besides, I don’t remember about my husband at all.”