CHAPTER 6 : ANOTHER PECULIAR PERSON AND PECULIAR DEMON

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Aaaarrrggghhh.”

Six persons and a demon stopped their action from yelling at each other and saw what was happening which caused a loud screaming from the two demons, Leeteuk and Yesung. Behind them who still startled, can be seen a short man with cheerfull face. Not far from the cheerfull man’s position, a cute baby face man stood. His eyes full of cunning.

“S-Sungmin?” Taeyeon and Eunhyuk said in unison. Disbelief shown in their faces. Kyuhyun averted his face after saw the person who just joined them.

“Good afternoon everybody. My name is Lee Sungmin, and he is my demons, Ryeowook. A water demons from east sky.” The man named Sungmin bowed after introduced himself in arrogant tone.

“Why are Sungmin oppa in here?” Taeyeon asked curiously, surprised by the sudden attendance.          

“Shindong ahjussi sent me here to watch and to supervise the three of you. How bothering.” Sungmin shook his head disappointedly.

“Are you serious?” Now Eunhyuk’s turn to ask. He looked at Sungmin suspiciously.

“O-Of course. I-I’m not begged to Shindong ahjussi to allow me and to send me here so I can follow and disturb you. It doesn’t make any sense.” Sungmin stuttered, his body trembled because of nervousness.

“Ah, so Sungmin oppa begged to appa.” Taeyeon smiled mockingly. Sungmin’s cheek started to blush because he caught of being lied.

“Taeyeon-ah, who is he?” Kangin asked.

“Just a little boy who not very smart but very arrogant, who grow to be a man with full of cunning and jealousy, who always ruin others’ pleasure and happiness.” Eunhyuk answered with disgust in his face.

“A bootlicker.” Kyuhyun added.

“Thank you for the compliment.” Sungmin said and looked at the two with eyes full of hatred.

“I think it wasn’t a compliment.” Seohyun said innocently but got a death glare from Sungmin. Then she hid herself behind Kyuhyun’s back. Kyuhyun took Seohyun’s hand and caressed it to calm her down. In situation full of tenseness, someone’s stomach growled. ‘Kruyuuuk..kruyuuuk..’. It came from Eunhyuk’s stomach. Donghae laughed after realized where it came from, and the rest of them followed to laugh. The tenseness which covered before, disappear instantly. Eunhyuk’s cheeks became as red as tomato, he felt very shy.

“Taeyeon-ssi, I think it’s better we start to make something to eat. It’s dinner time already.” Seohyun suggested and Taeyeon nodded her head in agreement. The two women walked to the kitchen and started cooking, while the men and the demons gathered, relaxed and chatted in the living room.

At the kitchen.

“Ah, I’m so happy. I’m no longer a maknae among those idiots.” Taeyeon clapped her hand happily. Seohyun confused and didn’t has any clue about what Taeyeon just said.

“Because I’m older than you, so you are the maknae now. You have to call me unnie.” Taeyeon smiled and started to peel the onion. Seohyun smiled back.

“Ehm, Taeyeon unnie. May I ask something?” Seohyun asked, red blush came to her cheeks. Taeyeon nodded her head.

“About Kyuhyun-ssi. How is he? I-I mean, now we have to live together and I’m worrying there will be something bad happen.” Seohyun stuttered. She didn’t know why she felt shy.

“Hahahaha.” Taeyeon laughed just like an ahjumma before said.

“Don’t worry, Seohyun-ie. He just has interest in game. Besides, he actually a good person. But you don’t have any idea about how ignorant and naughty he is. But I guarantee you are safe and in the right hand. Kyuhyun oppa is talented wizard and strongest knight in Wizardry Empire. Moreover, his demons is Leeteuk oppa, the most experience and the strongest light demons.” Taeyeon tried to assure Seohyun that she is safe. Seohyun already felt the safety, but she wanted to know the reason why her heart beated uncontrollable when Kyuhyun is around.

Meanwhile at the living room.

“Taeyeon is healer and this monkey beside me is prince. Then what are you, Kyuhyun-ie?” Donghae asked between their chatting.

“He is a knight. You already know from his name if you are a wizard or a demon.” Ryeowook said who remained look at Yesung in admiration. The person who being talked, Kyuhyun, just focused in teaching Heechul a strategy to complete his game.

“And why is that?” Now Kangin asked curiously.

“Because he is a Cho, very well known knight family in Wizardry Empire ever since the Empire exist. The strongest, the most loyal and the most trustworthy by the Empire family.” Eunhyuk explained.

“Only until his uncle betrayed the Empire.” Sungmin added in disgust. After heard that, Kyuhyun immediately stood up and walked to the balcony.

“Can’t you just shut your dirty mouth up?” Eunhyuk said angrily. He about to approach Sungmin when Leeteuk prevented him. Tenseness filled the living room, until Taeyeon and Seohyun came in with a lot of food.

“Let’s eat.” Taeyeon said.

“What’s happen with this tenseness?” Taeyeon asked because no one talked even made a small voice.

“There is someone who can’t keep his mouth shut.” Heechul answered lazily.

“Where is Kyuhyun-ssi?” Seohyun looked for Kyuhyun who not in the living room with the rest.

“I’ll call him.” Leeteuk walked to the balcony. Seohyun now can saw Kyuhyun stood there alone, looked at the night sky. After Kyuhyun and Leeteuk came in, they started to eat. Not all of them, because the demons chose to gather by theirselves and chatting.

“By the way, where will Sungmin and Ryeowook stay?” Heechul asked between their conversation. Silence came. Everybody busy with their own thought.

“Ehm. I can live with Kyuhyun.” Sungmin let out his opinion. Kyuhyun remained silent, concentrated in his food, while Leeteuk seemed worry.

“I think it will be better if you live with me.” Eunhyuk gave his opinion.

“Kyuhyun live with a woman, and you can’t live with Taeyeon who is a woman too. So to minimize the number of men who live with them, you better live with me and Donghae. Is it okey, Donghae?” Eunhyuk asked Donghae who nodded in agreement. People who knew Eunhyuk for along time ashtonished after heard Eunhyuk said something wise.

“But master, I..” Yesung tried to protested but got cut by Ryeowook who suddenly hugged him tightly.

“Okey, no problem.” Sungmin said in agreement. The rest nodded their head.

“Hyung, we’ll live together. Yeiy.” Ryeowook shrieked in happiness. He still hugged Yesung lovingly. In the other hand, Yesung accepted his fate forcedfully with gloomy face. Leeteuk let out a deep sigh, felt relief because he didn’t have to live with Ryeowook. Kangin who sat near Leeteuk, gave him questioning look.

“You don’t know how annoying Ryeowook is. The most annoying demon I ever know. He always clings to everyone, human or demons whom he likes. But he always afraid of Heechul, and I envy Heechul because of it” Leeteuk whispered to Kangin’s ear.

“Eunhyuk-ah, we have to go now. I have to pick up someone. And I think my car isn’t enough to bring us together.” Donghae remembered his appointment and his car condition.

“Use my car.” Kyuhyun who still not in good mood threw his car key to Eunhyuk. Eunhyuk nodded and grabbed the key. After finished the dinner, they bid goodbye to each other. Eunhyuk and Donghae left first in Donghae’s car while Yesung, Sungmin and Ryewook followed after in Kyuhyun’s car. Seoul’s sky already dark, but it was clear so we can saw the star. The street lamp accompanied three people walking on the pedestrian. Leeteuk has conversation with Seohyun while Kyuhyun walked alone ahead, he still not in a good mood to talk.

“Leeteuk-ssi, what is your power? The four of you come from different place, are your power also different from them?” Seohyun asked  to remove the silence.

“Actually all demons and all wizards can control all the natural power such as light, fire, wind, water, ground, etc. But we have our own main power. Just like me who is a light demons, my main power is light.” Leeteuk answered. After that the silence back.

“Yah, ahjussi. Stop grumbling.” Kyuhyun stopped from walk and said in annoyed. The others two stopped too. Seohyun dumbfounded, she didn’t hear anything.

“I’m bored and hungry.” Leeteuk said defensive.

“Okey, I let you to go and hunt. But come back quickly after you finish. Or else.” Kyuhyun surrendered and in instant Leeteuk already disappeared. Kyuhyun started to walk again, so did Seohyun. But when they passed a café, suddenly they heard someone screaming. “Watch out.” Both of them looked up toward the voice owner and saw a glass fell from a balcony. The glass exactly fell toward Seohyun direction. Seeing it, Kyuhyun mumbled a spell “Kaze.” A wind blew from Kyuhyun’s palm, lifted Seohyun’s dress a little before struck the glass. Then a red light came from Kyuhyun’s finger, hit the glass and destroyed it.

“Are you okey?” Kyuhyun asked and Seohyun just nodded, holding her dress.

“Did you see it?” Seohyun asked shyly, her cheeks already blushed.

“What? I didn’t see anything.” Kyuhyun said innocently.

“Really?” Seohyun asked once again to convince herself. Kyuhyun nodded.

“Let’s go.” Kyuhyun started to walk but he stopped again.

“Wait a second.” Kyuhyun mumbled a spell “Vergeten” then started to walk again.

“What kind of spell you said earlier?” Seohyun asked when they walked side by side.

“A spell to make them forget what they saw. By the way, black underwear is good. It’s y.” Kyuhyun smirked. At first Seohyun confused what Kyuhyun’s mean until realization came to her.

“Yah, Kyuhyun oppa. You said you didn’t see anything. You’re ert.” Seohyun yelled to Kyuhyun who already runaway. Arrived at her apartement, Seohyun rushed to her bedroom to clean up. She still mad at Kyuhyun. After finished, she went to the kitchen to drink some water. On her way to the kitchen, she saw Leeteuk sat on couch and watched the TV.

“Leeteuk-ssi, you’re home. Where is Kyuhyun-ssi?”

“I’m here.” Kyuhyun answered from behind Seohyun’s back before Leetek can answered. Seohyun startled by Kyuhyun’s sudden appearance.

“I tought you already call me oppa. I prefer to be called Kyuhyun oppa than Kyuhyun-ssi.” Kyuhyun smirked.

“I go to sleep first.” Seohyun rushed to her bedroom, her heart beating fast and her cheeks already blushed. After Seohyun went to her bedroom. Kyuhyun sat beside Leeteuk.

“Have you done setting the protector shield?” Leeteuk asked.

“I have.”

“But why? There isn’t something bad happening right?” Leeteuk asked again.

“I don’t know. Just prevention act. Besides, there must be a reason why I have to protect Seohyun. I mean why me who have to protect her. I’m a Cho.” His old question still bothering him.

***