CHAPTER 10: THE TRUTH BEHIND THE MISSION

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

Kyuhyun saw everything that happened inside Kim’s café in the middle his fought with SicaStall and TaeMin. He was desperate to save Seohyun, but he can’t did anything. Not even got closer for an inch. SicaStall and TaeMin kept preventing him to go inside Kim’s café. When he thought that there was no chance to save Seohyun anymore, suddenly a black Mercedes arrived in high speed and stopped in front of Kim’s café. Eunhyuk and Yesung came out from the car and flew away toward KyuTeuk. In the middle of their way to the spot where KyuTeuk was fighting, Eunhyuk and Yesung did ‘the fuse’ and Eunhyuk’s eyes changed into black, as dark as night. EunYe then attacked SicaStall and TaeMin with wind detonation from both of his fist. When SicaStall and TaeMin’s attention was distracted to EunYe even for a second, Kyuhyun used this chance wisely. Immediately KyuTeuk rushed and flew away inside Kim’s café. Inside the café, KyuTeuk saw a man who used the hoodie before, already shot a light detonation toward Seohyun. In the same moment when the light detonation about to hit Seohyun body, KyuTeuk rushed in and grabbed Seohyun. Both of them flung away and Kyuhyun’s back hit the wall while Seohyun was safe in his embrace.

Blaaarrr

The light detonation hit wall and exploded it. KyuTeuk then released Seohyun from his embrace. He stood up immediately and attacked the man with his blue light sword. But the man was faster than KyuTeuk, he shot another light detonation toward Kyuteuk. KyuTeuk flung backward and fell right next to Seohyun who still lay on the floor. The man looked at KyuTeuk who still lay on the floor in pain with strange look, as if he saw someone he knew before. A figure of man he knew flashed in his mind. That man shook his head and cleared his thought and was about to shot another light detonation when outside Kim’café can be seen a group of wizard from Wizardry Empire was coming. That man signaled Yuri to bring Kangin with her and to leave those place immediately. He then teleported, left behind Yuri who can’t teleported because she has to bring Kangin with her alive. Yuri then transformed into a very big eagle and grabbed Kangin in her talon before flew to escape. KyuTeuk didn’t stay still seeing Kangin brought away. He then released a blue light arrow which was flew and embedded on Yuri’s left wing. The eagle which was injured by KyuTeuk’s arrow released her grip from Kangin, then teleported and disappeared. Kyuhyun separeted himself from Leeteuk immediately. Leeteuk then flew away and caught Kangin who was falling from the sky. Everything was safe and under control now. Seohyun gathered her strength and stood up, her legs was still trembling. Her arms and her hand was bleeding, all of her body was in pain. Seohyun about to approach Kyuhyun and hugged him. But Kyuhyun approached Sungmin instead. He then grabbed Sungmin’s collar harshly. Anger built up which can be seen in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

“You!!! I asked you to protect Seohyun. But all you did was being coward and surrender. You gave that man a chance to kill Seohyun. You damn coward.” Kyuhyun yelled at Sungmin angrily. Sungmin didn’t say a word. He was still scared with that man and now he was scared by Kyuhyun. He never saw Kyuhyun that angry before, eventhough he always made him angry.

“B-But h-he is a C-Cho.” Sungmin stuttered.

“I’m also a Cho.” Kyuhyun said in sharp, deep and dangerous tone, his brown eyes turned dark. He was about to stab Sungmin with his blue light sword when a hand stopped him.

“Stop it.” Eunhyuk said in wise and demanding tone. He stood beside Kyuhyun, held Kyuhyun’s hand and preventing him to do what he about to do. Meanwhile, Taeyeon and the others stood not far from them and Seohyun stood still in her position, felt disappointed. Some wizards from Wizardry Empire were on guard, led by a handsome tall man who smile and showed dimple in his cheeks. He stood next to Eunhyuk with his lovely demons.

“Kyuhyun-ah.” He called Kyuhyun, tried to calm him down. With anger still hanging inside him, Kyuhyun stopped his action to stab Sungmin with his blue light sword.

“I regret for saving a coward like you years ago.” Kyuhyun said in disgust before released his grip from Sungmin harshly. Sungmin stepped backward. Without paid attention to Eunhyuk and the others, even Seohyun who tried to approach him again, Kyuhyun turned to face the handsome tall man who called him a while ago.

“I think you know what’s going on in here. And it’s better if you start to explain it, Siwon hyung.” Kyuhyun said firmly but the handsome tall man named Siwon just gave Kyuhyun apologetical smile.

“I’m sorry, I think I can’t do it. Shindong ahjussi will explain it later. And while we are waiting for him, let’s fix and clean this first.” Siwon said, pointed to all the mess that was made during the battle. ‘The ungivens’ were still trembling from fear and not believing of what was happened in front of their eyes. Taeyeon, Sungmin, Ryeowook and some wizards from Wizardry Empire started to treat the injured people. While Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and the rest were cleaning the mess up. Seohyun was treating by Taeyeon.

“You’ll be all right, your injury is not that bad. It will heal soon.” Taeyeon convinced Seohyun who just nodded her head. The pain in her body was hurt but it felt worse because of the fear in her heart, but she did’t show it instead she looked fine and calm outside. The one who can only made her fear disappear and replaced it with safety, was ignoring her right now. Since the battle was over, Kyuhyun avoided her not even asked about her condition and it made Seohyun’s heart hurt. With all the hurt, sadness, fear and worries built up inside her, she just wanted Kyuhyun by her side. But Kyuhyun was busy to fix and to clean up the mess. He also avoided Seohyun’s gaze.

Everyone gathered at Kim’s café which was still little bit messy. ‘The ungivens’ who was injured or not, Tiffany and Hyohyeon as well, gathered on a building beside Kim’s café to get some treatment for their injury also treatment for their memories. Kyuhyun stood by himself in one corner, his eyes closed as if he was remembering something from his memories. Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung and Ryeowook gathered and sat together in others space. They were recovering themselves after the battle which enough tiring for them. Meanwhile, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Kangin, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Sungmin were treating their injury and taking some rest. Siwon and Sooyoung stood next to the door, were giving orders and waiting for Shindong to come. Then a fat man came inside Kim’s café.

“Appa.” Taeyeon approached and hugged Shindong, the Wizardry Empire’s Adviser tightly.

“Taeyeon-ah, are you okey?”Shindong asked worriedly while Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon nodded her head as an answer that she was fine.

“Shindong ahjussi, how is noona?” Eunhyuk asked Shindong from his seat, signaled Shindong to has seat beside him. Shindong then sat while Taeyeon stood up behind him while hugging his father’s neck.

“The Queen is having meeting to find a right reasons to explain about what was happened, for the people at Wizardry Empire and ‘the ungivens’ as well, especially them who watched the battle directly. We have to find a right ‘memory’ for them.” Shindong said. Eunhyuk nodded his head in understanding.

“Ahjussi, you owe us some explanations.” From the corner he stood up, Kyuhyun said firmly. There was no one can guessed what Kyuhyun’s thought and Kyuhyun’s feel right now. Kyuhyun seemed busy with his own thought before. Shindong let out a heavy sigh, all eyes looked at him curiously, waiting him to talk and to explain everything.

“Do you know about ‘The Amazing Kangta’?” Shindong started to talk. Everyone nodded their head except Seohyun, Kangin and Donghae of course, because they were ‘ungivens’.

“’The Amazing Kangta’, the greatest wizard all the time.” Eunhyuk said while remembering the story about that legendary man.

“Correct. The greatest wizard all the time. And you also knew that he lived very long time in this world with his young face.” Shindong said and they nodded. Shindong then continued his explanation.

“One day, Kangta felt that his life was empty because the people he loved were gone before him. So he decided to release himself from his source of life which gave him great power.”

“’Stone of Life’.” Siwon cut Shindong who just nodded in agreement before continued.

“He wanted to destroy it with his own hand but he changed his mind in the end. He then went to the forest in order to hide that stone. That’s when he met Kim Jonghyun and Lee Jinki,  best friend who were hunting in the forest.”

“Grandpa Onew?” Eunhyuk surprised.

“Yes. King Onew.” Shindong convinced Eunhyuk.

“Then what is the relationship between ‘The Amazing Kangta’ and Seohyun?” Kyuhyun asked confusedly, he got impatient.

“After some days stayed together in the forest with Jonghyun and King Onew and watched their behavior closely, Kangta decided to give his source of life or you can call it ‘Stone of Life’ to King Onew and Jonghyun.” Shindong ignored Kyuhyun’s question.

“But Kangta left 1/3 from ‘Stone of Life’ for himself, because he didn’t trust King Onew and Jonghyun 100%. Until one day, when Prince Eunhyuk was 5 years old, Jonghyun who at that time was the Wizardry Empire Adviser, felt tired with his life. His heart filled with arrogance, jealousy and greed, he then decided to take over the king position and dominate the whole of Wizardry Empire. After that he started to gather his army that consist of great wizards who didn’t satisfy with King Onew’s authority. Bloody war happened in the palace between Jonghyun’s army and Wizardry Empire’s army. Jonghyun and King Onew had the same power which was enough to destroy whole of Wizardry Empire. The two best friend before became an enemy and fought each other. They fought each other as if there was no tomorrow, until Kangta came and sealed Jonghyun’s power. Unfortunately, Jonghyun succed to escape before Kangta could take the part of ‘Stone of Life’ from him and was hiding nowhere can be found. Even until now, we still can’t find. Kangta then took the part of ‘Stone of Life’ from King Onew and destroyed it in front of him. After that he told King Onew where the others part of ‘Stone of Life’ can be found. Before Kangta came and sealed Jonghyun’s power, he already hid the others part on three ‘ungivens’ kids he met. At that moment, Kangta who already lost all his source of life couldn’t live longer. He then disappear right in front of King Onew by blue fire which burnt him. Now, that three kids had grown become Kim Youngwoon, Lee Donghae and Seo Joohyun.” All of them surprised, especially Kangin, Donghae and Seohyun who didn’t expect to become the important part of all this mess. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun, their eyes met for seconds before Kyuhyun moved his gaze, avoiding Seohyun.

“That’s the reason behind this mission?” Taeyeon asked and Shindong nodded.

“So, that’s the reason why Grandpa Onew always looked young and then suddenly passed away a year after the battle.” Eunhyuk mumbled and got hit lightly by Taeyeon in his arm. Eunhyuk just pouted his lips and caressed his arm.

“Some months ago, Siwon saw this day. The day when Jonghyun’s new army had a fight with you. After informed it to Queen Sunny, she decided to send the three of you for this mission.”Shindong added.

“So, actually it isn’t a punishment for me because I skipped the practice and watched video?” Eunhyuk asked in disbelief and he got another hit by Taeyeon again, this time was harder. This time he glared at Taeyeon in annoyed.

“Then if Jonghyun and his army are looking for and need the part of ‘Stone on Life’ which are on Kangin hyung, Donghae hyung and Seohyun’s body, why do they want to kill Seohyun?” Kyuhyun asked firmly, but he was afraid about the answer of his own question. And he knew there was something else that Shindong still kept as secret. There was silence for a moment, Shindong and Siwon didn’t answer yet, they were still finding a way how to tell it.

“Because she has to die.”