CHAPTER 21: FINAL WAR

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

A day before final war

Eunhyuk gathered all people who knew that tomorrow would be the day of the final war in the main hall. All those people along with their demons were Henry, Amber, Taeyeon, Heechul, Donghae, Yesung, Sungmin, Ryeowook, Siwon, Sooyoung, Taemin, Minho and Sulli. Eunhyuk told them about Kyuhyun’s plan which was got his agreement. After they knew it, all of them became silent for a moment. They were thinking about the new information they just got. They remained silent until Siwon spoke up his thought.

“Prince Eunhyuk, the risk of Kyuhyun’s plan is too high. It will be easier for us to use ‘Stone of Life’ in Seohyun’s body to fight Jonghyun.” No one was against Siwon because they also thought the same thing.

“If we wait for Kyuhyun to comeback with its uncertainty, I’m afraid there will be a lot of victims.” Siwon added. Eunhyuk let out very deep sigh and looked at each face at that room before he spoke.

“I’m sorry to all of you for being selfish once again. Although some of you are against my plan, but I will stay at my decision. And I hope all of you could support me.” Everyone became silent once again until Heechul opened his mouth.

“Actually I don’t have any problems with it. And I think Taeyeon has the same thought as me.” Heechul took a peek at Taeyeon beside him who nodded her head without any sign of hesitation. One by one, all of them then gave their agreement, started from Henry, Amber, Donghae, Yesung, Ryeowook, Siwon, and Sooyoung, even Taemin, Minho and Sulli did too. They all agreed except Sungmin who kept silent all the time, he didn’t make his decision yet.

“Sungmin hyung. How about you? Your decision is the most important because you are ‘the guardian’.” Eunhyuk asked Sungmin. Every eye then locked to Sungmin, waiting for his decision. And instead of told his decision, Sungmin took a peek at Taeyeon who gave him a death glare. He then let out a deep sigh and nodded.

“I’ll go with your decision.” Sungmin said to Eunhyuk who gave him a thankfull smile. The meeting then ended with Taeyeon still confused and disbelief about Sungmin’s decision. And right after the meeting, Eunhyuk along with Yesung, Siwon and Sooyoung started to gather all their army and made them ready for the final war tomorrow. Meanwhile, Sunny was having a meeting too with Seohyun’s parent, Kyuhyun’s grandparent, Yoona and BoA at the library. The night before, Eunhyuk told everything to Sunny about Kyuhyun’s plan. And they decided to divide the task. Eunhyuk’s task was leading the meeting to discuss the strategy they would use to fight Jonghyun and his army, while Sunny’s task was leading the meeting to discuss how to protect Wizardry Empire’s people and ‘the ungiven’. And after that, she had to tell and explain the situation they faced to Seohyun and Kyuhyun’s family. Sunny finished telling and explaining the whole story and she didn’t forget to tell about Kyuhyun’s departure to demons world too. Kyuhyun’s grandma couldn’t hold her tears anymore after she heard the news. She was in her husband’s embrace, crying hardly. And so did Seohyun’s mother and Yoona, they were crying too. Although Seohyun’s parent felt sad about the news too, they couldn’t help to feel relief in the fact that Seohyun would be fine. They were very thankfull to Kyuhyun because he did all of this in order to save Seohyun’s life and their baby.

“Where is Joohyun?” Mr. Seo asked worriedly.

“You don’t need to worry. She is in a save place now. We will take a good care of her. But now please follow my order, I’m asking you to go to the hiding place. Hide and stay there along with others until the war end.” And after that Sunny and some guardians led them to the hiding place.

***

 

At evening, the preparation for final war was almost done. Taeyeon was standing alone in the right wing terrace of the palace, looking far to the sky.

“What are you doing in here?” Sungmin suddenly appeared from nowhere and stood right next to Taeyeon. He then followed her looking at the sky.

“It’s none of your business.” Taeyeon answered nonchalanty. She even didn’t bother to look at Sungmin.

“Are you ready for the final war tomorrow?” Sungmin asked once again. Now he was looking at Taeyeon with serious face. Worries could be seen in his eyes. Taeyeon knew that Sungmin was looking at her, so she turned her head and looked straight to Sungmin’s eyes and said sternly.

“Of course I’m ready. I even can’t wait to tear Jonghyun’s heart into pieces.” Her voice was full of anger. Out of blue, Sungmin suddenly pulled Taeyeon’s hand and brought her into his embrace. Taeyeon who shocked with Sungmin’s action, tried to release herself. But instead of let Taeyeon go, Sungmin tightened his embrace.

“Yah, what are you doing?” Taeyeon yelled in confusion.

“Don’t pretend to be strong. I know you are afraid. I can see it from your trembling hands.” Sungmin said in Taeyeon’s ear softly while caressing her back. And Taeyeon shocked for the second times. She didn’t expect Sungmin would know her true feeling, that she was afraid for the upcoming war. Taeyeon remained silent and let Sungmin hugging her and caressing her back. Slowly, Taeyeon hugged Sungmin back and buried her face in Sungmin’s chest. Right then, low sob was heard.

***

 

At other place, Eunhyuk was standing near a window, looking outside. He was in his room and his mind was in mess. He was busy with his thought and didn’t realize Sunny’s arrival which now stood beside him.

“Eunhyuk-ah.” Sunny called him in low tone and tapped his shoulder lightly.

“Noona, what if I make a wrong decision? What if I only bring Wizardry Empire to destruction with this plan?” Eunhyuk asked to Sunny while still looking outside, he didn’t dare to look at his sister face. He looked sad and his voice sounded desperate.

“Eunhyuk-ah, you know that I love you very much, don’t you? Whatever your decision, whatever your reason, whatever your action and whatever the result might be, I will always support you. And I will give my hand if you fall.” Sunny smiled. Eunhyuk immediately hugged his sister tightly. After he heard Sunny’s words his courage and confident came back.

“Sunny noona, thank you.” Eunhyuk thanked Sunny sincerely.

“Woa, my little brother is so cute.” Sunny chuckled while patting Eunhyuk’s head.

“By the way, don’t you want to spend your time with BoA before she goes back to the hiding place again? She told me she wants to tell something to you, so she came back here.” Sunny asked after few seconds. And without saying anything, Eunhyuk released his hug and went away, leaving Sunny alone in his room. Seeing his brother’s childish act, Sunny just shook her head and chuckled. Then.

“Uhuk. Uhuk.” Sunny coughed. Great pain suddenly attacked her which made her fell on the floor. And it was getting worse as the time passed. Sunny even vomited a lot of blood from . Between her painfull groan, Sunny prayed silently.

“I know I don’t have much time left. But please give me more time, at least until the war is over.”

***

 

In a quiet room at one tower of the palace, Seohyun was sleeping peacefully on her bed. Not bothered by the noises from outside her room. Meanwhile in another world, demons world, Kyuhyun was sitting in the dark and empty space. He was panting and gasping for breath. It’s almost a day since Kyuhyun came to demons world, and as the time passed Kyuhyun’s body became weaker and weaker. He almost lost all his strength and he was dying. It’s because his life being by demons world little by little. Leeteuk couldn’t be seen anywhere, but there was mist, floating in emptiness beside Kyuhyun. The mist was Leeteuk. He turned to the real form of demons when they were in demons world.

“Kyuhyun-ah, are you okey?” Leeteuk’s voice echoed.

“I-I’m fine. D-Don’t worry about me. How far is ‘The Circle of Death’?” Kyuhyun asked in low tone, almost whispering.

“It’s half way more.” Leeteuk answered. Kyuhyun nodded and then tried to stand up. When he did, he started to walk again with the strength he had left while Leeteuk floated in front of him, leading the way to their destination, ‘The Circle of Death’, center of demons world and also a gate to connect demons world with spirit world, a world of dead people.

***

 

The day of final war

That morning, Wizardry Empire’s army was ready for the final war. Siwon and Henry were standing at front with Sooyoung and Amber beside them. Not far from them, could be seen Eunhyuk and Yesung stood side by side, while Taeyeon, Heechul, Sunny and Jungmo, Sunny’s demons, stood behind them. Sungmin and Ryeowook stood on the left, leading the army in the left side. Meanwhile the army in the right side was led by Taemin, Minho and Sulli. Right after Wizardy Empire’s army was ready in their position, then from three different directions came out group of people in black outfit. Key and Luna could be seen leading an army which came from left side, while Jessica and Krystal were leading an army which came from right side.

“Well. Well. Well. What a nice welcoming. Seem like the Wizardry Empire already prepare a party for us.” Jonghyun said sarcastically while leading his army with Yunho, Yuri, Hangeng and Zhoumi surround him.

“Shut up.” Taeyeon yelled. Anger started to take over her.

“Calm down, Taeyeon. Don’t follow his mind game.” Eunhyuk warned her in low tone so their opponent couldn’t hear him.

“Hyukjae-ah, most of them are under Jonghyun’s control and spell. So, try not to hurt them badly and bring back their consciousness.” Sunny warned Eunhyuk and the others too.

“Don’t worry noona. I know what to do.” Eunhyuk said without took his attention from Jonghyun who smiled slyly.

“Actually I don’t want this war to happen. And I also don’t want to hurt everyone in here. So I’ll give you an offer. You give me the throne of Wizardry Empire and the war won’t happen.” Jonghyun said while stepping three steps forward. Sly smile never left his face. In the other side, Eunhyuk did the same thing. He also stepped few steps forward and now he was standing in front of Siwon and Henry. Eunhyuk took a deep breath to calm himself before spoke seriously.

“I appreciate your offer. But too bad, I prefer to fight you in war rather than to give the throne of Wizardry Empire to someone like you.” Right after Eunhyuk said that, he threw a detonation and aimed it to Jonghyun while Jonghyun also did the same. He threw a detonation too and aimed it to Eunhyuk.  Both detonations then collided in the air with big explosion in between the two groups. And as if the explosion was a sign to start the war, both groups then started to move and attacked each other. Each of them did the fuse with their demons before approaching their opponent. They threw any kind of attacks they had. WonSoo moved and fought with YunYul. The ground in their surroundings was shaking and splitting. A vortex of rocks surrounded both of them. And as if they didn’t care that they trapped in the vortex, both of them fought and attacked each other with all power they had. Not far from WonSoo and YunYul’s place, there was a dome which was formed from ice. And inside that dome, TaeMinLli was fighting with his former partner of crime, KeyLun. They involved in a close battle with sword in their hands. At the sky could be seen a tornado which moved here and there. And from inside the tornado came out detonations which fired not only by MinWook but also HanZhou who trapped inside. MinWook had to be very careful to fight with HanZhou who had a lot of sly trick in fighting. And also because HanZhou was expert in poison thingy. MinWook had to protect himself with shield to avoid HanZhou’s poisonous attack. So he made a shield from crystallized water around his body. Although he only had one arm, MinWook was able to fight and to defend himself from HanZhou’s attacks. In the battle field, there was also a big campfire. And inside that big campfire, TaeHee and SicaStall were covered by fire armor. Both of them fought in close battle with ice sword in their hands. Not only using the sword, they also threw detonations and water arrows to each other. And in the center of battle field, Jonghyun was standing with EunYe, SunMo, and HenBer surround him. The three of them worked together to fight Jonghyun. But the difference of their power with Jonghyun was too big. None of their attack could hurt Jonghyun, not even a scratch. Jonghyun could repulse and break their attack easily. HenBer who was the most powerful among them, also couldn’t do anything about it.

***

 

Meanwhile at demons world, Kyuhyun kept walking and following Leeteuk who floating in emptiness. His body was trembling and cold. His face was pale. He was even weaker than before. His strength and his life kept being by demons world’s emptiness.

“We are here. We arrive at ‘The Circle of Death’.” Leeteuk’s voice echoed, informing Kyuhyun. His mist body was floating above a big silver circle with spells written on it, forming a spiral inside the circle.

“Do I have to stand up in the center of the circle?” Kyuhyun asked in whisper. He just liked living corpse.

“Yes. But Kyuhyun-ah, I’m not sure it’s going to work.” Leeteuk voice echoed hesitantly and worriedly.

“Well, let’s find out.” Kyuhyun still could let out his famous smirk eventhough in that kind of condition. Slowly, Kyuhyun walked inside the circle and then stood in its center. With his left strength, Kyuhyun closed his eyes and uttered some spells while Leeteuk was observing from side, not floating but staying still. Kyuhyun was uttering the spells with full concentration. Sweat started to form in his forehead as the tense raising up. And when Kyuhyun finished uttering the spells, wizard mark in his neck suddenly shining and glowing, followed by the spells written on the circle which also shining and glowing. Great pain suddenly hit him, paralyzing his nerve and sense. Kyuhyun couldn’t hold the great pain any longer and screamed out loud.

“Aaarrrggghhh.” Along with Kyuhyun’s scream, light was radiating out from his body. Slowly, the light was gathering and forming a giant in front of Kyuhyun. And after the giant formed perfectly, Kyuhyun’s body no longer radiated light. He fell down and sat weakly in the center of the circle which was shining drearily at the moment.

“Ah! Finally after very long time, I can comeback to demons world.” That giant’s voice echoed in emptiness. It was heavy, deep, and sharp voice.

“H-Hipno.” Kyuhyun called the giant weakly while Leeteuk was floating in front of Kyuhyun, tried to protect him.

“Who are you? You aren’t Cho Dongwan.” The giant which was actually Hipno, looked at Kyuhyun with his eyes, unbase black hole.

“I-I’m Cho Kyuhyun. C-Cho Dongwan’s heir.” Kyuhyun said weakly. He was panting and gasping for breath.

“Oh, I see, you’re a Cho. Hmmm, you’re brave enough to come to demons world. Or should I say stupid enough. Hahaha.” Hipno mocked Kyuhyun. His laughter echoed in emptiness.

“What do you want until you come here to die? Not yet actually, but soon enough. I see you’re dying right now.” Hipno asked in serious tone after he stopped laughing.

“I-I came here to break the forbidden covenant with you.” Kyuhyun tried to stand up with Leeteuk’s help which wasn’t helping him at all.

“With pleasure I’ll do it for you. I’m sick being trapped in that perishable and weak body for hundred years.” Hipno laughed again happily with his terrifying voice.

“B-But before we do it, let’s make a deal. I’ll break the forbidden covenant and you’ll help me. Please lend me your power to fight someone.” Kyuhyun finally spoke up his main purpose to come to demons world.

“Human. They are all the same. Greedy, arrogant and love to hurt each other.” Hipno’s voice changed to serious and dangerous ones. Disgust could be heard from his voice.

“No, he is different. He do all of this for human world’s sake. He even insisted to come here, put his life in danger by coming to demons world, to ask your help in order to save human world from destruction.” Leeteuk tried to convince Hipno. He then told Hipno the story from the beginning. After Leeteuk finished, that’s when Kyuhyun started to lose his consciousness. He couldn’t stand any longer, he was dying. His body felt numb and his vision became blurred. He mumbled something before he fell in emptiness.

“Please.”

***

 

Back to final war in human world where the war was on going. Both groups kept attacking each other with all their might. They ignored tiredness and injuries they got and focused to beat their opponent. TaeHee was in the middle of her fight with SicaStall with SunMo’s help, when she found a gap to attack Jonghyun who was fighting with EunYe and HenBer. TaeHee then flew away fastly to Jonghyun’s direction with ice sword in her hand, leaving her fight with SicaStall behind. Too bad, Jonghyun noticed her action. Between his attack for EunYe and HenBer, Jonghyun aimed a deathly detonation to TaeHee. The detonation then moved to TaeHee fastly. She couldn’t avoid it anymore because she was too late to realize it. Fortunately, when the detonation was about to hit her head, in fast movement MinWook pulled TaeHee’s body aside. Although the detonation grazed her shoulder lightly, but afterall she was safe.

“Yah, what are you doing? You might kill yourself by doing that.” MinWook yelled angrily to TaeHee, but worries could be seen in his eyes.

“Why do you care? I just want to take revenge for Appa and Kangin oppa. Now let go of me!” TaeHee yelled back. She tried to release herself from MinWook who held her shoulder tightly.

“Of course I care because I love you.” Those words came out from MinWook’s mouth out of his awareness. TaeHee surprised after she heard it. She then looked at MinWook in confusion and disbelief. But both of them didn’t have any chance to react about ‘the moment’, because suddenly HanZhou came and stabbed his fire spear to MinWook’s shoulder. Seeing the incident, TaeHee didn’t remain silent. She immediately threw a detonation to HanZhou angrily, which hit his chest and made him flung away farther.

“Are you okey?” TaeHee asked MinWook worriedly. MinWook didn’t get to answer it when a painfull scream was heard which came from SunMo. Both of them turned their heads and saw SunMo sat in the ground while holding her chest. Around her body could be seen red stain of blood.

“Queen Sunny!” TaeHee exclaimed. With holding MinWook who was injured in her shoulder, TaeHee rushed to SunMo’s place. SunMo was vomiting blood while holding her chest. Fortunately, Sicastall didn’t have a chance to attack SunMo who was at her wit’s end because she was busy to fight TaeMinLli. He came to help as soon as he heard the scream. But TaeMinLli was unable to handle the fight when KeyLun followed him and helped SicaStall. And the condition was getting worse when HanZhou joined them and attacked TaeMinLli too. Ignoring his injured arm, MinWook stood up and immediately helped TaeMinLli to fight them. Two on three wasn’t good at all than before. TaeMinLli and MinWook were not able to fight their opponent equally. WonSoo couldn’t help them because he had his own fight with YunYul. So did EunYe and HenBer who were blocked from helping by Jonghyun. Meanwhile TaeHee was trying to help SunMo from her disease.

“T-Taeyeon-ah, d-don’t worry about me. Just help Sungmin and your brother.” SunMo said weakly between her vomit.

“But unnie.” Taeyeon’s protest was cut by SunMo distinctly.

“It’s an order.” SunMo’s voice was weak but demanding. TaeHee then left SunMo unwillingly and immediately helped her brother and MinWook to fight. Everything happened very fast. A moment before, they could fight their opponent equally. But now, it changed. Victory seemed not on EunYe and the other’s side. Their effort to fight seemed useless. Moreover their opponent still had Jonghyun who couldn’t be defeated easily. As time passed, Jonghyun started to feel impatient with the war. He was thinking a way to finish the war quickly and painfully. That’s when he saw SunMo at her wit’s end, sitting on the ground in pain and weakly. Jonghyun then threw detonations to HenBer and EunYe to distract them, which made them flung away backward. He then used that chance smartly. He immediately flew away to SunMo’s direction and was aiming her with a deathly detonation. But MinWook and TaeHee noticed his action and tried to stop him. It’s just Jonghyun was too strong for them, so he could get rid of them easily. Although MinWook and TaeHee couldn’t stop Jonghyun, but they gave EunYe enough time to come to SunMo’s side and protected her. Jonghyun who got pissed after his first plan failed, fought more seriously than before and let out all his power. He then attacked TaeHee, MinWook, TaeMinLli, HenBer, SunMo and EunYe at the same with unbelieveable speed and power. One by one, they fell on the ground with worse injuries in their bodies. After that they couldn’t fight anymore, even just to stand up they couldn’t. Jonghyun looked at them pityingly with sly smile in his face. He then walked to SunMo confidently as he thought he would win the war. Fire sword appeared in his right hand, and with full of excitement he was ready to stab it to SunMo’s heart. But EunYe wouldn’t let it happens, with his left strength, he stood up. An ice sword then appeared in his right hand. When Jonghyun was about to stab his sword to SunMo’s heart, EunYe used his sword to repulse it. Between the sounds of two swords being collided, EunYe turned his head and yelled to MinWook.

“Hyung, do it now!” Only with that little idleness, EunYe had to pay it high. When he turned his head and yelled to MinWook, with his free hand Jonghyun fired a deathly detonation toward EunYe. But the detonation never touched Eunhyuk’s body because Yesung immediately parted himself from Eunhyuk and made a protection shield. Unfortunately, the protection shield wasn’t strong enough to restrain the detonation, so Yesung didn’t have another choice than to restrain it with his body. Yesung looked at Eunhyuk and smiled sweetly before his body exploded and disappeared along with the wind blows. Meanwhile, MinWook who understood the meaning of Eunhyuk’s words, tried to stand up. When he was about to fly away, a hand tapped his shoulder and held it tight. MinWook then turned his head to see the owner of those hand, and he extremly surprised to find out who the man standing behind him.

Flashback

That night after Eunhyuk sent BoA to the hiding place, he went to meet Sungmin in his house. Sungmin surprised to see Eunhyuk was standing in front of his door at passed midnight.

“What’s the matter until you come here at this hour?” Sungmin asked when they already sat in the living room.

“Let’s get to the point. I need your help, hyung.” Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin and spoke seriously.

“Say it.” Sungmin said seriously too, he could feel the urgency in Eunhyuk’s voice.

“I want you to take ‘Stone of Life’ from Seohyun’s body when I give you the sign.” Eunhyuk told Sungmin about his plan without any sign of hesitation.

“But it might kill her.” Sungmin widened his eyes after he knew Eunhyuk’s plan.  

“That’s our last hope when Kyuhyun doesn’t come back here alive.”

End of Flashback