CHAPTER 12: LET’S HIDE! WHERE?

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Both of you have to hide.” Eunhyuk said seriously.

“Until the Empire decide what to do, it’s the best for both of you to hide.” Eunhyuk added.

“Hide?” Seohyun asked because she confused with those idea.

“Yes, hide in a place where no one knows about that place.” Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun who still thinking about this idea.

“Hyung, I can’t do that. Only a coward who will hide and I am not a coward.” Kyuhyun finally spoke firmly, he denied the idea.

“I know you aren’t a coward, Kyu. But please consider it again, do it for Seohyun’s safety and the whole world safety too.” Eunhyuk tried to convince Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was in deep thought, he considered the idea once again.

“But oppa, it will useless. They can track Leeteuk oppa’s aura, besides if Kyuhyun oppa do some magic, they can track him too.” Taeyeon gave her opinion.

“I know it. Because of it, Kyuhyun only go with Seohyun, just two of them without Leeteuk. And Kyuhyun not allowed to do any kind of magic for a while on the hiding place.” Eunhyuk said.

“They can follow Kyuhyun and Seohyun when they go to the hiding place.” Sungmin let out his thought too.

“We can use ‘distraction smoke’ from Empire’s stock to deceive them. Noona allow us to use it.” Eunhyuk seemed ready with all the possibility that might happened.

“But the risk is still too high and it is very dangerous. If they find out the hiding place, I can’t imagine what will happen to Kyuhyun and Seohyun.” Heechul said in serious mode which unusual for him. Silence covered the living room, they only looked at Kyuhyun who thought deeply about this idea.

“I’ll do it.” After some moments of silence, Kyuhyun said certainly and there was no hesitant in his voice.

“Oppa? Are you serious?” Taeyeon tried to argue but Kyuhyun stopped her by said.

“We’ll be fine.” Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun’s serious face, she still felt uncertain with the decision. But as she looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes which full of courage and certain, Seohyun sure there was nothing to be afraid of as long as Kyuhyun in her side.

“How about us?” Donghae asked, pointing at Kangin and himself.

“Both of you will stay here with us.” Eunhyuk said.

“When do we have to leave?” Seohyun asked looking at Eunhyuk.

“As soon as possible will be better.” Yesung answered for Eunhyuk. Seohyun nodded and went to her bedroom to pack her belongings.

“Oppa, will they go just the two of them? I mean are we not sending them? At least we have to know the direction to the place so we can help them if they will have some troubles in the future.” Taeyeon asked.

“Of course not, Sungmin hyung and I will send them and come back here as soon as possible. Yesung, Leeteuk and Ryeowook will stay here to accompany you and Heechul to take care of Kangin hyung and Donghae.”

“Sungmin oppa? Are you sure we can trust him?” Taeyeon said while stole a glance at Sungmin.

“Hey maybe I’m coward and bootlicker but I’m not a betrayer like someone.” Sungmin said sarcastically, he then gave Kyuhyun a disgust and dislike glance.

“I thought you will never realize it.” Heechul said in surprised but there was mocking tone in it.

“Kyuhyun-ah, have you decide the place to hide?” Leeteuk asked. He tried to bring back the subject of their conversation. Kyuhyun just nodded. No one spoke after that until Heechul said something unnecessary.

“Eunhyuk-ie, since when you change from ert prince to wise prince?” All of them burst into laughter after heard Heechul’s comment, exclude Eunhyuk of course.

***

 

Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Eunhyuk and Sungmin were in Kyuhyun’s car, headed to the hiding place with ‘distraction smoke’ surrounded the car. Kyuhyun drove with Eunhyuk beside him in passenger seat, while Seohyun and Sungmin sat at the back seat. They went as soon as Seohyun and Kyuhyun finished packing their belongings. The weather was sunny and bright, the opposite with their condition right now, which full of worries and tense. Although they felt all of that, the trip went good. They talked about all the things, from small things until complicated ones. They tried to calm and distract their mind for a while without lowering their guard.

“Oppa, please tell me how you, Kyuhyun oppa, Sungmin oppa and Taeyeon unnie met and how all of you ended being friends?” Seohyun asked excitedly to Eunhyuk, because Eunhyuk was the most talkative during the trip.

“Ah, that was a long time ago. But I’ll tell you how this prince charming ended up being friends with those weird people.” Eunhyuk pointed his index finger toward Kyuhyun and Sungmin when he said ‘weird’.

“You are the weirdest ones.” Sungmin said sarcastically.

“This time I agree with you, Sungmin hyung. But still I hate you.” Kyuhyun said still focused on the road.

“Yah. I’m not weird, I’m unique, and it’s different.” Eunhyuk said in disagreement.

“Whatever.” Kyuhyun and Sungmin said in unison. Seohyun giggled watching her oppas’ childish act.

“That day was cloudy..” Eunhyuk started his story.

“Sunny day.” Kyuhyun and Sungmin cut Eunhyuk at the same time. Seohyun had to hold her laughter because of it.

“Oh yeah right. That day was sunny day and I was lazy to practice with Shindong ahjussi because sometimes he is too fussy and annoying. So I decided to read some books under the tree at Empire’s forest.”

“Read some books? Yah, you were watching some .” Kyuhyun interrupted and he got sharp glare from Eunhyuk who continued his story as if Kyuhyun didn’t say anything.

“I read some books under the maple tree.” Eunhyuk emphasize the ‘read some books’ part and Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes.

“I was concentrating to watch, I mean to read my books when I felt water poured to my head from above. And when I looked up I saw an ugly boy with his messy hair looked at me in dislike.” Eunhyuk turned his head to Kyuhyun to show Seohyun that the ugly boy he mentioned was Kyuhyun.

“I did it because your ert laughter annoyed me and disturbed my concentration from my games.” Kyuhyun said his reason.

“Then both of us got into little fight with some water splash, little firework, shocking light and windy wind. In the middle of that little fight, Shindong ahjussi found us and brought us to his office. It was not only me who skipped the practice, Kyuhyun did it too. As well as Taeyeon and Sungmin because I saw them stood inside Shindong ahjussi’s office waiting for their punishment with worried face. Shindong ahjussi was well known for his unbelieveable punishment back then.”

“Yes. His punishment was always horrible and terrify.” Sungmin’s face showed some fear.

“Shindong ahjussi? But he such a caring father to me.” Seohyun asked in disbelief.

“Yup, that Shindong ahjussi, the father of Kim Taeyeon. You just don’t know him well. He didn’t care who it was, common student, the prince or princess, even his own daughter. If they broke the rules, they will got the punishment.” Eunhyuk tried to convince Seohyun.

“That time, our first punishment together was to catch ‘twirtel’ from Empire’s forest. A magical creature looks like turtle but it is fast and can jump high. It’s very difficult to catch, even if you are a great wizard. Not only because it’s speed and the jumping state which make ‘twirtel’ difficult to catch, it also sprays sticky and disgusting slime which can caused itchiness and irritation. I remembered we have to stay at the forest for 3 days and 2 nights with Sungmin hyung and I had to suffer the itchiness, it was painfull. After that we were getting closer and closer. And it was the beginning of  our endless punishment together.” Eunhyuk told the story proudly and cheerfully.

“I thought Kyuhyun oppa’s and your relationship with Sungmin oppa is not good, but I think I’m wrong.” Seohyun let out her thought after heard the story.

“No, you’re right. We are not close at all. He is the one who always stick with us back then even until now.” Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulders.

“I’m not. Actually the three of you were the troublemaker. I was just the innocent one who dragged into the trouble by you all. I was always be the victim” Sungmin said in annoyed tone.

“Yes, you weren’t the troublemaker, but the coward and bootlicker who always followed us around and reported our single action to Shindong ahjussi and always tried to get us into some troubles and punishments.” Kyuhyun said in disgust.

“Taeyeon unnie did that too?” Seohyun asked in disbelief as she tried to avoid the verbal battle between Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

“Hohoho, you just don’t know how sneaky she is. She is as bad as me, but still the number one is the evilKyu.” Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun who nodded his head proudly.

“Don’t tell me one of Taeyeon’s sneaky action was about the slime incident. The incident when she put ‘twirtel’ slime into Na Eun’s soup, a girl who flirt and clingy to his brother Taemin. I remembered after that Na Eun had to stay at hospital for a week” Sungmin guessed, he completely forgot about his verbal battle with Kyuhyun earlier.

“Yap.” Eunhyuk answered, and the three men laughed out loud. Seohyun just smiled and enjoyed the moments. After that a lot of stories came out and accompanied their long trip.

***

 

Meanwhile Taeyeon at another place sneezed for couple times.

“I think there are some people talking about me.” Taeyeon said to Yesung who helped her cleaned the table while rubbing her nose. They were at Kim’s café along with Leeteuk, Kangin, Heechul, Donghae, and Ryeowook. They were busy cleaning and arranging the café, when someone came inside the café.

“Taeyeon noona.” A young man called Taeyeon from the entrance. Taeyeon and the others turned their head and saw Taemin stood there with Sulli and Minho behind him. Leeteuk positioned himself in front of Kangin to protect him and Ryeowook stood in front of Donghae. Yesung stood beside Taeyeon while Heechul stood at the most front arrogantly. They got ready for another fighting. But instead of threw some attacks, Taemin walked passed Heechul and approached Taeyeon. He then hugged Taeyeon tightly which made her surprised.

“Noona, I miss you.” Taemin’s voice sounded sincere. Taeyeon hugged Taemin and tapped her brother’s back before release the hug.

“What do you want?” Taeyeon asked Taemin coldly.

“I just want to meet you.” Taemin said and held Taeyeon’s hand.

“I know there is something else? Speak.” Taeyeon knew her brother very well, she knew Taemin came not only to see her but also for another reasons.

“Noona, you always know me well.” Taemin smiled.

“Could you tell me where Kyuhyun hyung and that girl is? We can’t find them. We lost their track.” Taemin’s face turned to serious.

“Are you kidding me? Why on earth I have to tell you? I won’t tell you and betray the Empire even though you are my brother.” Taeyeon got angry.

“Noona, you better tell me so I can protect you  from another battle.” Taemin insisted.

“No. I prefer to join the battle rather than being a coward and betrayer.” Taeyeon said firmly.

“And why on earth do you have to join them?” This time Taeyeon yelled at Taemin, she lost her patience.

“Noona, you know exactly the reason why I join them, don’t you? If you forget about it then ask Appa.” Taemin got angry too.

“But Taemin, what you do right now is wrong.” Taeyeon said calmly, tried controlled her anger. She wanted to make Taemin came to her side again, the right side.

“I don’t care. You can blame Appa for making me like this.” Taemin yelled to Taeyeon out loud.

Plaaakkk… Taeyeon slapped Taemin’s right cheek.

“Don’t you dare to blame Appa. You know nothing.” Taeyeon said it with trembling voice, her eyes got teary.

“I thought noona will understand me. But I guess I’m wrong.” Taemin his right cheek and walked away, leaving Taeyeon stood there holding back her tears. Taemin stopped when he reached the door and turned his head to look at Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Be ready for another battle. And when it comes, I don’t care even though you are my own sister.” After said it firmly, Taemin teleported and followed by Sulli and Minho. After Taemin left, Heechul approached Taeyeon and hugged her in his arms. Taeyeon started crying in Heechul’s chest and mumbled.

“He knows nothing. He knows nothing.”  The others remained silent after they saw the fight between sister and brother.

***

 

Back to Kyuhyun and the others.

It was already twilight, finally Kyuhyun stopped his car in front of a big gate with wide yard and a big mansion inside.

“Hyung, we arrive. Seohyun and I will walk from here by ourselves. You and Sungmin hyung better to go now, Taeyeon needs you.” After Kyuhyun said that, all of them stepped out of the car.

“Are you sure you will go inside without us? Your face looks not good at all.” Eunhyuk asked.

“No need, hyung. I’m fine.” Kyuhyun answered certainly even though his face became pale with a reason only knew by himself.

“Are you sure? If you are afraid, Sungmin hyung and I will accompany you.” This time Eunhyuk just teased Kyuhyun.

“Yah, just get out of here.” Kyuhyun yelled in annoyed. Eunhyuk grinned and got in the car in driving seat while Sungmin got into the passenger seat.

“Hyung, thanks.” Kyuhyun tapped Eunhyuk’s shoulder. After nodded his head, Eunhyuk waved his hand and drove the car away, leaving Kyuhyun and Seohyun in front of the big gate.

“Song family? I don’t know them but one thing for sure is he definitly come from a wealthy family.” Sungmin talked to Eunhyuk who nodded his head in agreement. After the car can’t be seen anymore, Kyuhyun invited Seohyun to get inside.

“Let’s get inside.” Kyuhyun held Seohyun’s hand and guided her to get inside the gate which was slightly open and walked to the mansion. After a few meters walked, they arrived in front of the main door. Kyuhyun stood there for a while without doing anything before pushed the door bell hesitantly. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun’s nervous face which was unusual for him. Even his hand was shaking. Seohyun tighten her held in Kyuhyun’s hand, tried to give him strength. Kyuhyun looked down at their connected hand before looked at Seohyun’s face who smiled sweetly. Right then the main door opened and an old man in his casual clothes stood there without any sign of hospitality. Kyuhyun tighten his grip on Seohyun’s hand and greeted the old man.

“Grandpa.”