CHAPTER 13: KYUHYUN’S CHILDHOOD

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Grandpa.” Kyuhyun greeted the old man who supposed to be his grandfather in low voice. But the old man just stared at Kyuhyun with unreadable face.

“What do you want?” Finally the old man spoke. He asked Kyuhyun coldly, his face not shown any emotion.

“I-I..” Kyuhyun stuttered. He looked down at his shoes as if it was more interesting, as if some flower grew in it. He didn’t dare to looked at his grandfather eyes

“What? Did you make this innocent girl pregnant? And now you come here to look for our protection because the father of this girl is chasing you and planning to kill you? And you want us to accept you back in this house because there is nowhere you can go anymore?” Grandpa asked a lot of question firmly while looking at Seohyun who dumbfounded by the questions in pity.

“Yes. No. I mean..” Kyuhyun still stuttered. His explanation was interrupted by woman voice which came from inside the house. It seemed like she was walking to the door.

“Honey. Who is coming?” The old woman voice asked to her husband.

“Omo, Kyuhyunnie. My little superman. How are you my dear?” The old woman arrived at the door. She yelled excitedly knowing who was coming. She then hugged Kyuhyun tightly, not minding her husband dislike expression. Seohyun chuckled after heard Kyuhyun’s nickname from her grandmother. Grandma then looked at Seohyun with ‘who are you’ look and turned her gaze to Kyuhyun and Seohyun’s connected hands before focusing her gaze to Kyuhyun again.  Seohyun immediately released Kyuhyun’s hand from her grip, her face suddenly felt hot in embarrassment.

“Superman Kyunnie. I miss you so much.” The old woman started to cry, a happiness cry while Kyuhyun’s back lovingly.

“Grandma.” Kyuhyun hugged back his grandmother after Seohyun released his hand. He smiled a little because it was already a long time since he felt those warm hug.

“Ehem.” Grandpa coughed and interrupted the lovely scene for Kyuhyun to release the hug. But Kyuhyun didn’t release his hug. He looked at his grandfather eyes with his puppy eyes, tried to make his grandfather’s heart to melt. Unfortunately, it didn’t work at all.

“Don’t give me those puppy eyes.” Grandpa said in disgust.

“I ask you once again. What do you want?” Grandpa asked coldly.

“Honey, let’s talk inside. It’s getting dark and cold outside.” Grandma patted Grandpa’s shoulder lovingly. She persuaded her husband to let Kyuhyun and Seohyun came inside but Grandpa stood still, not moved even an inch. He still looked at Kyuhyun sharply before turned his gaze to Seohyun who felt scared by the look. He then remembered about his daughter.

“I’m sorry Grandpa. I know you won’t forgive me easily. But I beg you to allow us to live here for some moments.” Kyuhyun said and bowed 90 degree to Grandpa.

“Go away.” Grandpa pulled Grandma inside and closed the door in front of Kyuhyun’s face. He let out a very deep sigh. He knew it will turn out this way, but he didn’t know any other place to come. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun’s disappointed face, she felt pity about him.

“Grandpa, please let us explain it first. Please.” Seohyun begged while knocking the door. Silent for a moment before Grandpa opened the door again. He looked at Seohyun intensely, right in her eyes. Some memories then flashed in his mind. The memories of his beloved daughter kneeled down and begged for his blessing at the door with rainy twilight in the background. He then walked inside, leaving the door open so Kyuhyun and Seohyun can came inside too.

“Come in.” Grandma pulled Kyuhyun and Seohyun inside. Then they sat on the couch in the living room, across where Grandpa’s siting position. He sat there firmly, ready to listen to Kyuhyun and Seohyun’s explanation.

“Kyuhyun-ah, how are you?” Grandma sat between Kyuhyun and Seohyun, she held Kyuhyun’s hand and put it in her lap. She looked at Kyuhyun eyes deeply, longing shown clearly in her eyes.

“I’m fine. How about you, Grandma?” Longing also shown clearly in Kyuhyun’s eyes, he just realized that he missed his grandparents a lot.

“We’re fine, my dear. Just little bit lonely after you left.” Grandma gave a sad smile.

“I’m so sorry, Grandma.” Kyuhyun lowered his head and said in low tone. Guilty hit his heart.

“It is okey, now the important things are you come back and will live with us again.” It wasn’t a question, it was a statement with expectation and hope in it.

“Enough for the nonsense. Just tell me the reason why you come back here?” Grandpa asked, cut the conversation between Kyuhyun and Grandma in sharp voice.

“We need a place to hide?” Kyuhyun answered his Grandpa’s question.

“What did you do until you need a place to hide?” Grandpa asked suspiciously, looking at Kyuhyun right in his eyes before turned his gaze to Seohyun’s belly. Seohyun cheeks blushed, and she didn’t know why.

“It’s an order from Wizardry Empire. We have to hide if we want to stay alive.” Grandma covered after Kyuhyun said the real reason.

“W-What do you mean? Are there someone want to kill you?” Grandma asked worriedly.

“Not me, but Seohyun.” Kyuhyun said. Grandpa and Grandma looked at Seohyun with sympathy, while Seohyun gave them sad smile.

“We will stay here until the Empire can control the situation, maybe for two or three weeks. I’m sorry,  Grandma, Grandpa.” Kyuhyun felt guilty because he brought burden to his family and might get them into the trouble too.

 “Wizard thingy huh. You are just like your father, Cho Changmin. And I hate it.” After said that with full of hatred, Grandpa left the living room. Grandma let out a sigh before said.

“Both of you just take a rest for a while. The dinner will ready soon.” Grandma then followed Grandpa leaving the living room. Before she walked further, she stopped and looked at Kyuhyun scaringly.

“Show Seohyun her own room, not your room. We’ll intoduce ourselves later at dinner.” Grandma warned Kyuhyun who just grinned. After Grandma disappeared from their gaze, Kyuhyun signaled Seohyun to follow him.

“Follow me. I’ll show you your room.” Kyuhyun said and walked first to the stairs. Seohyun followed behind. In the second floor, they headed to the end of the corridor. There were two doors facing each other, on their right and left side.

“ Your room is on the right.” Kyuhyun pointed the door at his right side.

“Get in and take a rest.” Seohyun nodded and got in to her room. So did Kyuhyun, he got in to his room on the left side. When Seohyun got inside, she saw a king size bed was placed in the middle of the room, with white table on its side and white wardrobe on the other side of the room. It was clean and tidy room with white paint. On the other side of the room, there was a window which showed scenery of the backyard. Seohyun unpacked her belongings and after finished it, she didn’t know what to do because she didn’t intend to take a rest. So she decided to visit Kyuhyun’s room.

Tok..tok..tok..

Seohyun knocked Kyuhyun’s room door and heard Kyuhyun’s voice from inside, gave her permit to get in.

“Come in.” Seohyun opened the door and got inside. Kyuhyun’s room was not much different from her room. The difference were the paint color, while her room was white Kyuhyun’s room was blue, and the furnitures. Kyuhyun’s room has more complete furnitures with some pictures, posters and paints in the wall. Kyuhyun was standing near the window, he was looking outside to the backyard with unreadable expression.

“Oppa, what are you doing?” Seohyun asked while approaching Kyuhyun.

“Nothing.” Kyuhyun answered plainly, he didn’t bother to look at Seohyun.

“I thought I asked you to take a rest. Why are you here?” Kyuhyun turned his gaze and asked. Made Seohyun startled by the sudden attention.

“I..I..” Seohyun stuttered and didn’t know what to answer. She didn’t want to admit that she came just to see Kyuhyun.

“Never mind.” Kyuhyun then walked to his bed and sat in there.

“Oppa, may I ask something?” Seohyun followed Kyuhyun to sit on the bed, right next to him. Kyuhyun just nodded his head, signaled Seohyun to keep talking.

“Are you afraid of Grandpa? I saw your body was trembling back then.”

“Hey, I’m not afraid of anything. And I’m not afraid of Grandpa, I just respect him.” Kyuhyun reasoned and scoffed, Seohyun’s words had hurt his ego. Seohyun chuckled because she knew Kyuhyun was lying.

“How long you have been leaving this house? Grandpa seem like he doesn’t want us to live here.” Seohyun asked hesitantly, she looked at the floor, afraid to look at Kyuhyun.

“11 years.” Kyuhyun answeres shortly before he added.

“I think he still angry at me because I left this house back then and become a wizard like Papa.” Kyuhyun chuckled but Seohyun just looked at him, waiting him to continue.

“I left this house when I was 15 years old and decided to go to Wizardry Empire and become a wizard. I want to be like Papa. As you know from his sentence before, Grandpa doesn’t like Papa and wizard thingy, so he against my will. I left without notice and didn’t give any news for 11 years. But now suddenly I come home bringing you with me with such a bad news.” Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. Although Kyuhyun acted as if it wasn’t a problem, Seohyun can saw that Kyuhyun felt guilty toward his grandparents. Seohyun then tried to change topic of the conversation to make Kyuhyun felt better.

“Oppa, are you sure you’re not afraid of anything?” Seohyun smirked.

“Nope.” Kyuhyun shook his head and answered arrogantly. Suddenly, Seohyun leaned closer and placed her hands on Kyuhyun thigh. She looked at Kyuhyun’s eyes with seductive look.

“S-Seohyun-ah, w-what a-are you doing?” Kyuhyun felt nervous by Seohyun’s action as she moved closer and closer. Their lips were an inch apart before Seohyun bursted in laughter.

“Hahaha… Oppa, your face is funny. Are you afraid I will eat you alive? Hahaha..” Seohyun laughed. Kyuhyun looked away with his blushed cheeks and pouted after knew that Seohyun only joked and made fun of him. Seohyun thought that pouting Kyuhyun was cute. She smiled and leaned closer once again to give him a real kiss. When  Seohyun’s lips about to touch the corner Kyuhyun’s lips, the door opened and Grandma’s head appeared. She coughed, making Seohyun startled and moved back with blushed cheeks. Kyuhyun who didn’t know what was going to happen put an innocent face and looked at his Grandmother with questioning look.

“The dinner is ready.  Get down, please.” Grandma looked at Seohyun with teasing look and smiled, made her cheeks blushed even more. The dinner went awkward, Grandpa acted as if Kyuhyun and Seohyun weren’t there and Kyuhyun himself didn’t bother to start a conversation. After those awkward dinner, they gathered in the living room to get some proper introduction.

“What’s your name my dear?” Grandma asked Seohyun who sat beside her, while Kyuhyun sat on the opposite with Grandpa. Don’t imagine Kyuhyun and Grandpa sat close to each other, they sat as far as they can, even they have to sat at the edge of the couch.

“My name is Seo Joohyun, but Kyuhyun oppa always call me Seohyun.” Seohyun smiled beautifully.

“What a lovely name. As lovely as you face. You also have a beautiful smile. Ah, you remaid me about my daughter.” Gradnma looked at Seohyun with teary eyes. She suddenly remembered about her daughter, Kyuhyun’s mother.

“My daughter or Kyuhyun’s mother, was cheerful girl. She always smiles no matter what happen. It’s already long enough since she’s gone.” Grandma let out a deep sigh and after those sad conversation, Grandma tried to change the subject to the cheerfull ones.

“Where do you live? Are you still studying or already working?” Grandma asked which made Seohyun startled.

“Omo! Oppa, how is my collage? I forget to give information to the campus.” Seohyun panicked.

“Calm down. You don’t need to worry about it. I already asked Donghae hyung to ask Yoona to give information to the campus about your absence.” Seohyun relieved after heard Kyuhyun’s word. Their conversation went good with Grandpa who kept silent all the time.

***

 

That night was the third night they lived in Kyuhyun’s grandparents’s house. All the previous day went well without too much trouble. It’s already bedtime, but Seohyun can’t sleep. So she decided to get some air in the backyard. She was about to get out from the house when she stopped. She saw Kyuhyun was standing alone while looking at the small forest not far from the backyard. Seohyun wanted to approach Kyuhyun when someone prevented her by held her shoulders. Seohyun then turned her head and surprised to see Grandpa stood behind her.

“Leave him alone for now. He such a poor boy.” Grandpa looked at Kyuhyun with sad face. Grandpa then signaled Seohyun to follow him and sat on the chair in the terrace which faced the backyard. Without turned his gaze from Kyuhyun, Grandpa started to talk.

“As you know, Kyuhyun’s mother was my daughter. Her name was Song Qian but she always prefered to be called Victoria.” Grandpa let out a sad smile.

“One day at rainy twilight she came home with a man named Cho Changmin, just like you and Kyuhyun who came three days ago but the difference was the rain. The Cho Changmin guy said that he was a wizard and came to ask my blessing because he wanted to marry my daughter. Of course I rejected it and said no, because I thought he was crazy and he didn’t deserve my daughter. I was about to kick him out when Victoria told me that she was pregnant, she was carrying Changmin’s son. I slapped her on the cheek and beat Changmin up. But Victoria didn’t give up. She begged me to forgive them and give them my blessing, she even kneeled down in front of me. But all I did that time was being angry and sent them out of the house. Not knowing it was the last time I saw Victoria.” Grandpa paused for moment. Seohyun got teary after heard the beginning of the story. She can saw guilty and longing in Grandpa’s eyes.

“Seven months later, also at rainy twilight, Changmin came with a baby boy in his arms, he came without Victoria. He was soaked and held the baby tightly in his arms, tried to give the baby warmth. Pain and lost can be seen in his eyes clearly that time. Looking at his eyes and then the realization hit me that I already lost my daughter as Kyuhyun’s lost his mother. Since then, Changmin and Kyuhyun lived together with us. Although without a mother in his side, Kyuhyun grew to be smart and cheerfull kids just like his mother. He also likes to play games and to play prank just like his father. As single father,  Changmin always tried his best for Kyuhyun, he will do anything to make Kyuhyun happy.” Grandpa smiled.

“Kyuhyun was 3 years old when Changmin’s brother, Yunho, came and told him that he got an order from Wizardry Empire to fight for them in a war. Of course I didn’t allow him to go because I was afraid Kyuhyun would loose his father too in such a young age. But he insisted and went for fight for Wizardry Empire. So I decided to move here in this house in order to cut the connection with Changmin. I was angry at him because he prefered to fight for his Empire rather than being with his own son. I wished by moved here, I could protect Kyuhyun from that wizard thingy and made him happy by myself without his irresponsible father. But once again, I was wrong.” Grandpa sighed before continued.

“Since then Kyuhyun became silent kids and loner. For the first three months, he always asked me where his father was before finally he stopped asking. When he was 5 years old, I sent him to go to school. But rather than made friends, he was being bullied by his friends. They always mocked and called him weirds kids because strange incidents always occured when he was around, but he never complained and cried about it. When he was angry, he could hurt everyone near him even without touched them. He also could control water, air, fire, etc. He even made a storm on his friend birthday party back then. And because of all the incidents, I know he is the same with his father.” Grandpa paused for moment again, he was remembering the story he wanted to tell.

“Since then he was always alone and no one dared to stay near him until he was 6 years old. Slowly, he became happier and could control his power. He also always came to the forest at the backyard and stayed there for a long time. Lately, I found out that Changmin already found us and he always met Kyuhyun in the forest secretly. I decided to pretend that I know nothing because Kyuhyun was very happy and lively. When Kyuhyun was 10 years old, Changmin stopped visiting. But Kyuhyun kept waiting his father in the forest with so much hope that he would come. He stood and looked at the forest just like what he doing right now. One night, instead of Changmin who came, a man named Leeteuk came and brought a very bad news. He told us that Changmin was gone in the battle. After heard the news Kyuhyun didn’t cry, there wasn’t any emotion in his face at that time. But I knew inside his heart, he was in deep pain. And when he was 15 years old, he left this house and decided to become a wizard.” Finally tears escaped from Grandpa’s eyes. Tears were flowing down on Seohyun’s cheeks too. She can felt Kyuhyun’s sorrow after heard the story, and everyone would too.

“Grandpa.” Seohyun held Grandpa’s hands which on the table and caressed it.

“May I ask you a favor?” Grandpa asked. Seohyun wiped her tears and nodded.

“Please take care of Kyuhyun and make his life full of happiness.” After Seohyun nodded her head, Grandpa walked inside the house, leaving Seohyun who still crying in terrace alone by herself. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun from far. She promised in her heart to make Kyuhyun happy and will always stay by his side forever.

An hour already passed, and Seohyun fell asleep with her head on the table while waiting for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun was about to go to his room and got some sleep when he saw Seohyun slept on the table. Kyuhyun smiled and kneeled down beside her. He shook Seohyun’s body slowly to wake her up.

“Oppa.” Seohyun opened her sleepy eyes.

“Hey, what are you doing in here? You can catch cold if you sleep here.” Kyuhyun smiled and Seohyun’s head lovingly.

“I can’t sleep earlier and decided to look for oppa. Then I saw you stood there near the forest. I don’t want to bother you so I just wait in here but I think I fell asleep.” Seohyun rubbed her sleepy eyes.

“Now let’s go to your room and sleep.” Kyuhyun said and stood up. But before he could turn around and walked inside, Seohyun hugged him tightly and put her head on Kyuhyun’s chest. Kyuhyun surprised by Seohyun’s sudden action.

“Hey, what’s up?” Kyuhyun asked and caressed Seohyun’s head gently.

“Oppa, I promise I’ll stay by your side forever and try my best to make you happy.” Seohyun said. She buried her head in Kyuhyun’s chest deeply and tighten her hug. Kyuhyun released Seohyun’s hug, he then cupped Seohyun’s face and lifted it a little so he could see Seohyun’s eyes.

“Why do you suddenly say that?” Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows. But instead of answered the question, Seohyun said.

“I love you.” When Seohyun about to touch Kyuhyun’s lips with hers, Grandma appeared and once again broke the sweet moment.

“Omo. Sorry for disturbing both of you.” After said it innocently, Grandma ran and disappeared from the sight. Leaving Seohyun in embarrassment with face as red as tomato, while Kyuhyun just chuckled. Kyuhyun then grabbed Seohyun’s hand and walked to their bedroom upstairs.

“Sleep well.” Kyuhyun said and smiled when they arrived in front of their bedroom. But instead of got to her room, Seohyun leaned closer to Kyuhyun. She tip toed and kissed Kyuhyun’s lips sweetly before ran and got inside her room hurriedly. Kyuhyun stood in front of his room dumbfounded. He touched his lips with his index finger. He then smiled like an idiot, he was very hapy because it was the first time Seohyun did the kiss first.

***

 

It was already one month three days since Kyuhyun and Seohyun hid in Kyuhyun’s grandparent house. The situation wasn’t getting better, it was getting worse. And what made it worse was Kyuhyun who not in stable state. He stressed and got angry easily, he even can’t sleep at night. There were some attacks in some places in past few days. It reported at news in television as earth disasters such as earthquake and strom or some incidents about fire, traffic accident, and some others reason to cover the real truth. Kyuhyun knew it wasn’t commom incidents or disasters, but it was attacks from their enemies. He got the sign that there was some wizard thingy involved. And his guess was right because some previous days, Eunhyuk called him and informed all about it. What made Kyuhyun stressed the most was he can did nothing, he couldn’t fight back even did some simple magic he was forbidden. All this week, Kyuhyun spent most of his time at his room, followed and watched the situation out there through the news from television or messages from Eunhyuk. Seohyun wasn’t in better condition. She also depressed with the sudden change in her life. She was bored and didn’t allow to go outside without Kyuhyun in his side who was busy with his own things. She also took some distance from Kyuhyun because lately he acted cold and easy to upset over little things. And that night was the peak of their depression. Kyuhyun and Seohyun had a fight over their condition at that moment. They had verbal battle at Seohyun’s room.

“Oppa, please don’t act like this. I’m sick of it. Let’s just hang out and have some fun. Please don’t worry to much, it’s not good for your health.” Seohyun put her hand on Kyuhyun’s shoulder.

“Please calm down.” Seohyun said softly. But Kyuhyun pushed aside Seohyun’s hand harshly and yelled.

“What do you say? Calm down? How I’m supposed to calm down in this kind of situation? How I’m supposed to have fun while Jonghyun’s army sends attacks everywhere?”

“I know Oppa. I’m just bored stay in this house all the time.” Seohyun reasoned and looked at the floor.

“Seohyun-ah, it’s safe in here.” Kyuhyun tried to calm himself down.

“I know it. But can I get my freedom and happiness back without all this nonsense about wizard thingy just for a while?” Seohyun yelled at Kyuhyun. She lost her control. She was too depressed.

“Seo Joohyun. Why are you so selfish?” Kyuhyun yelled back, he can’t control his anger anymore.

“I don’t care. I didn’t ask for all of this.” Seohyun yelled again and started to cry.

“I don’t ask you and your friend to protect me. I don’t ask to have those stupid ‘Stone of Life’. I just want my life back, my NORMAL life. If it’s not because you and all of wizard thingy, all of this won’t happen to me.” Seohyun screamed those words out loud, she let out her depression. Tears were flowing in her chubby cheeks.  And Seohyun’s words were hurting Kyuhyun’s heart and pride.

“Do you think I ask all of this?” Kyuhyun said with hurt face. He stepped out from Seohyun’s room and slammed the door behind him. Seohyun fell in her knees and crying hardly. The next day after their fight the night before, Seohyun decided to talk and to apologize to Kyuhyun. She realized her words were too harsh. She walked to Kyuhyun’s room and knocked the door but there wasn’t an answer. Seohyun then opened the door slowly and got inside the room. She saw Kyuhyun fell asleep in sitting position with his back leaned on the bed’s foot. His laptop was on. Seohyun approached Kyuhyun and squatted in front of him. She looked at Kyuhyun who slept soundly, tiredness and worries can be seen in his handsome face. Few minutes passed, Seohyun then walked out from Kyuhyun’s room. She closed the door slowly before turned around and headed to her room. She surprised when she turned her body and saw Grandma stood behind her.

“Is Kyuhyun there?” Grandma asked hesitantly.

“He is sleeping.” Seohyun answered politely.

“Ooo, he is sleeping.” Grandma looked disappointed after heard the answer.

“Is there something wrong?” Seohyun asked.

“No. I was about to ask Kyuhyun to accompany me to the supermarket to buy some groceries. Baek-ssi is sending some documents to Grandpa’s office.” Grandma was about to leave when Seohyun offered herself.

“What do you think if I accompany you?”

“Is it okey?” Grandma looked at Seohyun and asked hesitantly. Seohyun nodded certainly as an answer.

“It’s okey. But we have to go home before Kyuhyun oppa wake up.” Seohyun tried to convince Grandma and she did. Both of them then went to the supermarket for some shopping.

***

 

Kyuhyun woke up from his deep sleep because his head hit the floor. Kyuhyun fell and hit the floor with his forehead while he was sleeping. Kyuhyun caressed his forehead and noticed that the day was already twilight. He remembered about his fight with Seohyun the night before and decided to apologize. Lack of sleep made him angry easily, that was he thought. He needed to apologize immediately. He couldn’t resist to stay away from his beloved girlfriend for such a long time. Kyuhyun walked to Seohyun’s room and knocked the door but there wasn’t an answer. Kyuhyun then opened the door slowly and peeked inside. He found the room was empty without Seohyun in it. Kyuhyun started to worry. He then walked downstairs hurriedly and looked for Seohyun over the house. But he still can’t found Seohyun anywhere. He then asked their servant, Mrs. Park, who was cleaning the living room.

“Mrs. Park. Do you know where Seohyun is?” Mrs. Park didn’t have the chance to answer because the main door was opened. Seohyun and Grandma walked inside with cheerfull expression. Anger built up inside Kyuhyun who found Seohyun didn’t obey his rules. He then approached Seohyun who surprised to see Kyuhyun stood there in the living room.

“Oppa.” Seohyun called Kyuhyun who started yelling.

“Where the hell were you going?” Kyuhyun’s face was completely red because of anger, while Seohyun just stood there, not able to say anything. It was the first time she saw Kyuhyun that angry toward her.

“You could be killed out there. Why do you not listen to me and stop being so selfish? It’s not only about you, it’s also about the whole world. Don’t you understand that? Don’t make this thing harder, it’s already hard enough.” Kyuhyun yelled at Seohyun out loud. He poured all his emotion and his worried toward Seohyun who already sobbed. Grandma tried to make Kyuhyun calm down and explained everything.

“Kyuhyun-ah, it’s not Seohyun’s fault. Grandma asked her to accompany me.” Kyuhyun turned his gaze to Grandma who now became the target of Kyuhyun’s anger.

“Grandma, I already told you that there are some people trying to kill Seohyun. Why are you so careless to bring her out without me?” Kyuhyun said that in high tone.

“Stop it.” Seohyun cut Kyuhyun’s words with her scream. She looked at Kyuhyun with painfull look. Tears were flowing down on her chubby cheeks.

“Oppa, is protecting me too hard for you?” Seohyun asked in trembling voice.

“Yes.” Kyuhyun answered shortly and coldly. He looked at Seohyun once again with eyes full of anger.

“So, are you tired to protect me?” Seohyun asked once again still in trembling voice.

“Yes, I’m tired of protecting you.” Kyuhyun said in low and deep tone which still could be heard by Seohyun.

“I’m tired being a coward. I’m tired have to hide here just to protect you and do nothing. While all my friends take the risk of loosing their life on those dangerous battle.” Kyuhyun said sharply. He looked at Seohyun with disgust look. His mind right now was a mess.

“Fine. Then I don’t need you anymore.” After said it coldly and looked at Kyuhyun with hurtfull eyes, Seohyun turned around and ran outside. Leaving Kyuhyun stood there firmly and full of anger before he walked to his room. Seohyun ran away with tears were flowing in her cheeks. She felt pain in her heart because of Kyuhyun’s words. He no longer cares about her, that’s what she thought right now. But deep inside her heart, she knew Kyuhyun just worried and upset with her action. But it still hurted her badly. She ran away until she arrived at a park. It was already dark and she decided to sit on the swing in one corner of the park.

“I hate oppa.” Seohyun mumbled between her cries. Until a voice startled her.

“What are you doing in here alone by yourself? Are you crying?” Seohyun lifted her head. Fear hit her as she looked at the owner of the voice. Seohyun saw Yuri smirked toward her. She also saw Yunho stood there beside Yuri, some meters away from her. They looked at her with sharp look, like predator looked at his prey. They were ready to take her life away anytime.

“We meet again, sweetheart. And I’ll make sure I’ll kill you this time.” Yunho said in dangerous tone.