CHAPTER 15: HYAKUHI = HENRY LAU?

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Kyuhyun-ah, wake up!” Eunhyuk yelled to Kyuhyun out loud and shook his body. But Kyuhyun just lay down on the ground with his eyes closed, just like a corpse.

“W-what happen?” Eunhyuk finally could control himself and asked the question in very low voice. He still looked at Kyuhyun sadly. He was curious how all of this could happen to Kyuhyun who was stronger than himself. Although his opponent was his uncle, he definitely won’t lose easily. But Leeteuk didn’t answer his question and so did Seohyun who kept crying and calling Kyuhyun to wake him up.

“Kyuhyun oppa, please wake up.” Seohyun repeated her calling with hope that Kyuhyun would wake up and opened his eyes. But Kyuhyun didn’t move at all.

“He is alive.” Seohyun, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Yesung turned their head and looked at Yunho who now stood near them.

“For now.” Yunho said worriedly which made Eunhyuk confused. Since Eunhyuk knew the story about Kyuhyun’s father and uncle, he always thought that Kyuhyun and his uncle were hating each other. But from Yunho’s expression, it seemed not like that.

“He was poisoned by Hangeng. And from what I see from Kyuhyun’s condition, he was poisoned with ‘HyakuHi’.” Yunho looked at Kyuhyun with guilty expression because he couldn’t kept his promise to protect Kyuhyun.

“What? ‘HyakuHi’ poison!” Yesung surprised and yelled in disbelief about what he heard, while Leeteuk’s face became sadder. If demons could cry, might be he had done it since he saw Kyuhyun fell on the ground lifeless.

“What is that?” Eunhyuk asked to Yesung. Being not too smart wizard, Eunhyuk didn’t has much knowledge especially about poisons and healer’s things.

“’HyakuHi’ is an ancient poison and the most poisonous ones. Whoever poisoned by ‘HyakuHi’, he or she will die in second. There is no potion for it. And there isn’t any healer who can cure it too” Yesung explained it with horrified in his voice.

“B-But uncle Yunho said that Kyuhyun is alive.” Eunhyuk looked at Yunho before turned to look at Yesung again. He was confused.

“Because he is a Cho, he sure can survive longer. But I don’t know for how long.” Yunho explained, answering Eunhyuk’s untold question. Leeteuk, Eunhyuk and Yesung looked at Kyuhyun hopelessly. They lost their hope after heard about ‘HyakuHi’ poison, except for Seohyun. She didn’t loose her hope. She kept praying for Kyuhyun that he could survive. At least just to hear her apologize and her confession about how much she loved him. Then Yunho’s words seemed liketo answer her pray.

“There is only one wizard who can cure Kyuhyun but I’m not sure about it too. Just find Henry Lau. He is the only hope we have.” Such a little hope made them relief even just for a moment.

“I have to go.” After said what he knew to help Kyuhyun, Yunho along with Yuri teleported and left.

“Actually what was happening before, until Kyuhyun become like this?” Yesung asked to Leeteuk who finally wanted to open his mouth.

“I’ll tell everything on the way. But we have to find Henry Lau and bring Kyuhyun to him immediately.”

“Let’s back to Kim’s café first. Maybe Shindong ahjussi and Siwon hyung can help us to find Henry Lau.” Eunhyuk suggested which was agreed by Leeteuk. Because the condition didn’t allow them to teleport, they went with Kyuhyun’s car which called by Eunhyuk with his spell. Kyuhyun sat at the back seat between Leeteuk and Seohyun. His head leaned on Seohyun’s shoulder who put her hand on Kyuhyun’s waist to support him. While Eunhyuk and Yesung at the front seat, Yesung on the passanger seat and Eunhyuk drove. On their way to Kim’s café, Leeteuk told everything that happened in the battle field before.

Flashback

After some minutes looking at each other, KyuTeuk threw blue lightning which hit YunYul right in his chest. YunYul fell on the ground while holding his chest. KyuTeuk approached YunYul who kneeled down in pain calmly. His blue light sword was ready in his right hand. His movement was calm, but not with his feeling. His feeling was full of anger and vengeance. KyuTeuk stood in front of YunYul and about to cut him with his sword, when suddenly a water arrow stucked right in the place where Kyuhyun’s heart was. That water arrow then disappeared as if it was absorbed into Kyuhyun’s body. Kyuhyun kneeled down and held his chest with his eyes wide open, feeling the sudden strong pain before he fell on the ground. At the same time when Kyuhyun’s body hit the ground, Leeteuk separated from Kyuhyun’s body. And also at the same time, the shield which protected Seohyun before melted and changed into water again. Then it disappeared as a sign that person who made it, didn’t have much power and time left. Seohyun then ran and approached Kyuhyun hurriedly while screaming out loud.

“Kyuhyun oppaaa!” She didn’t care that her life was still in danger. All in her mind that time was Kyuhyun. Meanwhile in front of Kyuhyun’s body, YunYul still surprised. For a while he didn’t know what was happened, until he examined the surrounding and stopped when he saw a tall man stood right in the place where the water arrow came from.

“Hangeng.” YunYul mumbled the man’s name.

“He comes without Zhoumi.” Yuri informed to Yunho who shared his body with her. The man named Hangeng threw a fire detonation when he saw Seohyun was running to Kyuhyun’s place. Leeteuk who saw it, threw a light detonation which hit Hangeng’s attack in explosion. Seohyun finaly arrived at Kyuhyun’s place. She sat and placed Kyuhyun’s head in her lap. She then slapped Kyuhyun’s lightly, tried to wake him up. After his first attack was blocked by Leeteuk, Hangeng threw another fire detonations and this time toward Leeteuk. It hit Leeteuk successfully and made him fell on the ground. Without wasting the time and the opportunity, Hangeng threw fire detonations to Seohyun again. But in fast movement, YunYul made a shield around Kyuhyun and Seohyun to protect them from Hangeng’s fire detonations. YunYul then threw light detonations to Hangeng. The detonations hit Hangeng and made him flung backward. It was hurt him a little. Hangeng then stood up and stared at YunYul in anger.

“You will pay for this.” Hangeng said full of hatred before teleported and left. After Hangeng lost from their sight, Yuri separated herself from Yunho who sat on the ground expressionless. Soon after that, Eunhyuk and Yesung came.

End of Flashback

***

 

When Eunhyuk, Yesung, Leeteuk, Kyuhyun and Seohyun arrived at Kim’s café, it was already midnight. The battle that took place in there before was over with a lot of mess left behind. From outside can be seen that Taeyeon and the others had a serious discussion and didn’t sleep yet.

“Leeteuk oppa, what happen to Kyuhyun oppa?” Taeyeon shouted in fear after she saw Leeteuk came inside Kim’s café with pale and weak Kyuhyun in his arms. Seohyun, Eunhyuk and Yesung followed behind. From Kyuhyun’s condition and the expression from Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Yesung, also Seohyun who still sobbing, they knew something bad had happened. Leeteuk put Kyuhyun on the floor with his head on Seohyun’s lap.

“We have to find Henry Lau immediately.” Leeteuk said in demanding tone. But Taeyeon and the others didn’t say anything. They still confused about what happened.

“Kyuhyun got poisoned. ‘HyakuHi’ poison.” Yesung told them which made him got disbelief and horrified stare from Taeyeon and the others.

“T-That is the most poisonous and deathly poison. There isn’t any healer can cure it.” Sungmin stuttered with horrified in his face.

“But how did they find them? Even the Empire didn’t know their hiding place until we could feel and track Kyuhyun and Leeteuk’s aura just after we arrived here.” Shindong said curiously. He remembered that he could feel Kyuhyun and Leeteuk’s aura a moment after Eunhyuk left.

“There is someone who told them the hiding place for certain.  That is the only possible reason.” Siwon told his opinion.

“You! It must be you who betray us!” Taeyeon said in sharp tone and looked at Sungmin with her teary eyes, full with hatred. Her index finger pointed at Sungmin. Then all eyes stared at Sungmin who remained innocent.

“Hey, don’t accuse me. I’m innocent this time. I admit that I’m a boothlicker and a jerk, but I’ll never betray the Empire. Even if I hate Kyuhyun, I won’t do such a low thing.” Sungmin denied it.

“Yes, Sungmin hyung won’t do it. He isn’t a good person, but he definitely won’t do it.” Ryeowook said, defending his master

“Liar.” Taeyeon yelled at Sungmin.

“There are only you and Eunhyuk oppa who know about their hiding place.” Taeyeon said the fact before added.

“If it’s not you, who else would do it? It’s impossible for Eunhyuk oppa to do it, right?” Taeyeon looked at Eunhyuk to find a confirmation for her statement. But Eunhyuk just bowed his head, looking at the floor which made Taeyeon confused by his action.

“I’m sorry.” Eunhyuk said in very low tone but everyone in there could hear it clearly. Their tongue felt numb after heard Eunhyuk’s surprising confession. They suddenly couldn’t find any words to say and just looked at Eunhyuk in disbelief.

“Oppa, don’t joking around. It’s not funny at all. It’s not true, right?” Taeyeon asked in trembling voice while shaking her head. She tried to look for any sign of joke in Eunhyuk’s face. But she found nothing, she only found guilty in there.

“I’m so sorry.” Tears escaped from Eunhyuk’s eyes. He regretted his action for being a betrayer and disappointed all his beloved person.

Plaaakkk..

Sungmin slapped Eunhyuk’s right cheeks angrily.

“Are you out of your mind? Do you realize that you might put everyone in danger by tell Kyuhyun and Seohyun’s hiding place?” Sungmin yelled at Eunhyuk out loud. He was angry at his Prince for did something careless and dangerous.

“I-I don’t have any choice. Uncle Yunho took BoA as a hostage. He threatened to kill Boa if I didn’t tell him about Kyuhyun and Seohyun’s hiding place.” Eunhuyk told his reason while caressing his right cheek that slapped by Sungmin.

“I can’t believe that the next king of Wizardry Empire will be so selfish and unwise.” Ryeowook said sarcastically while the others gave him disappoint look. Ryeowook’s words felt like a knife which stabbed his heart.

“How could you do that?” This time Taeyeon yelled at Eunhyuk. She was angry and felt betrayed by Eunhyuk.

“Then tell me what I supposed to do that time?” Eunhyuk yelled back at Taeyeon. He felt cornered because all of them blamed him. Not understanding his position and his feeling at that time.

“If Kyuhyun was in your position, he would sacrified himself to save BoA and kept the secret until he died.” Heechul said plainly. Heechul’s words slapped Eunhyuk right in his heart. He knew that Kyuhyun definitely would do it. He also knew that Kyuhyun won’t betray their friendship and their brotherhood. But he was not Kyuhyun. Eunhyuk looked at Yesung, at his loyal demons. But Yesung avoided his gaze. Ryeowook, who stood beside him, hugged Yesung and gave him some strength.

“It’s okey, you still have me.” Ryeowook said to Yesung while caressing his back. But Yesung stared at him with ‘what the hell are you doing’ look and pushed Ryeowook away. Ryeowook released his hug unwillingly and with sadness in his face, he was rejected by Yesung. Then silence covered them.

“Oppaaa!” Suddenly Seohyun screamed out loud because Kyuhyun vomitted a lot of blood from his mouth. The others then turned their head to Seohyun and Kyuhyun. They saw fresh blood covering Kyuhyun’s neck and chest. Kyuhyun’s condition was getting worse.

“Please do something. Please.” Seohyun screamed and begged to all of them who in there. She hugged Kyuhyun’s cold body with tears started to flow hardly.

“But there is nothing we can do.” Sungmin said in low tone.

“Henry Lau.” Leeteuk said shortly. The others looked at him with confused look.

“Actually before uncle Yunho left, he told us that there is one wizard who might be able to save Kyuhyun.” Eunhyuk said hesitantly. The others turned their head to look at Eunhyuk still with confused look.

“And that wizard is H-Henry Lau.” Eunhyuk said again.

“Are you crazy?” Taeyeon and Sungmin yelled in unison. Then they looked at each other in dislike before turned their gaze to Eunhyuk again.

“You tell us that Henry Lau can save him? Henry Lau definitly will send him to death faster.” Taeyeon and Sungmin said in unison again. Then they looked at each other once again, still in dislike but amazed by their same thought.

“I think that’s the only way” Siwon said his opinion.

“Siwon hyung/oppa, are you crazy too?” Taeyeon and Sungmin asked in unison for the third time while looking at Siwon in disbelief. They didn’t mind to look at each other again.

“I think Siwon is right. Although Henry Lau is weird and crazy wizard, he is the legendary healer who can cure most diseases and poisons.” Shindong tried to give a way out from this crisis wisely.

“Who is Henry Lau?” Kangin asked to Taeyeon. Being the ‘ungiven’ along with Donghae, he didn’t understand their talk since the beginning.

“Henry Lau is a legend in Wizardry Empire, the best healer all the time. But he is eccentric, unique and full of idea which most of them are crazy ideas. And you won’t believe that his age is very very very old enough because his cute baby face.” Taeyeon explained to Kangin and Donghae what she knew about Henry Lau.

“But still, we can’t believe Henry Lau. We can’t guess what he thinks. You know that his thought is always peculiar and crazy. Besides he is very well known to take impossible repayment if someone asked his help.” Sungmin rejected the idea and said his own opinion. Taeyeon supported him by nodded her head in agreement.

“Please do everything to save Kyuhyun oppa. Please.” Seohyun begged while still crying. She couldn’t resist seeing Kyuhyun in so much pain with death coming closer by the time. Kyuhyun in the other hand kept vomitted fresh blood from his mouth. Suddenly out of the blue, a boyish girl with very short hair appeared in the middle of the room. She then walked to Seohyun and Kyuhyun slowly, didn’t mind anyone in there. Leeteuk who knew that the girl was a demon, stood up and blocked her way.

“What do you think you are doing?” Leeteuk warned her in dangerous voice. Leeteuk was in his fighting position. So did the others after came back from their surprise because the sudden appearance of that girl. Seohyun hugged Kyuhyun’s body tightly to protect him from that girl until she covered by Kyuhyun’s blood. The girl took a peek passing Leeteuk and examined Kyuhyun. She stopped when she saw wizard mark in Kyuhyun’s neck. She then nodded before said.

“Yap, he definitely is a Cho and he is dying.” After she said that, suddenly smoke appreared in the middle of the room and from that smoke a man with fair skin and cute face walked out calmly. He had a lollipop in his mouth.

“Henry Lau!” Siwon and Shindong yelled in unison. They surprised to see that man in front of them.

***

 

Meanwhile at Jonghyun’s place.

Yunho and Yuri just arrived when Jonghyun looked at him sharply. Hangeng stood beside him, smirking toward Yunho. If Yunho was Jonghyun’s right hand, then Hangeng was his left hand.

“I knew what happened before.” Jonghyun said dangerously. Yunho could only bow his head, ready to receive his punishment. As if read Yunho’s mind, Jonghyun stabbed his left hand to Yunho’s chest, right in the place where his heart was.

“Arrrggghhh.” Yunho screamed in pain. Although Jonghyun stabbed Yunho with his left hand, there wasn’t any blood which flew from Yunho’s body. As if Jonghyun’s hand was breaking through Yunho’s meat and bones. But Jonghyun’s hand already held Yunho’s heart and kneaded it slowly, made Yunho screaming in very deep pain. Yunho stopped screaming when Jonghyun pull his hand out. With pain still could be seen in his eyes, Yunho held his chest with his hand in the place where Jonghyun’s hand was there before. Jonghyun then calmed his anger down and said.

“I know your reason to protect them, your nephew for exact.” Yunho stiffened after heard Jonghyun’s words.

“Do you think he will forgive you if you save him? Do you think by doing it, your sin for killed his father will be erase easily?” Jonghyun gave Yunho mocking smile before he added.

“Ah, I forget to say. How will he react if he knows that his uncle not only killed his father, but also his mother?” Yunho didn’t say a words, he only looked at the floor with mixed feeling. After silent for a moment, Jonghyun said to Yunho and Hangeng with smile in his face.

“I think I should join for the next battle.”