CHAPTER 11: AN ANSWER KISS

SPELLS AND CONCOCTION

“Because she has to die.” All of them surprised after heard the answer.

“Because they don’t need what’s on Seohyun’s body. Jonghyun afraid of it that’s why they have to kill Seohyun.” A woman with wise voice spoke from the entrance and stood there firmly. She was short with cute face and short blonde hair and also bright eyes.

“Noona.” Eunhyuk called and hugged his older sister who was shorter than him, while the rest bowed 90 degree to The Queen of Wizardry Empire, Lee Soonkyu or you better called her Sunny.

“W-What d-do you mean?” Seohyun stuttered and her body trembled. She didn’t care who Sunny was, all she cared was what she just said. She looked at Kyuhyun who still avoided her gaze. Seohyun bent down and just looked at the floor. She felt heavier in her heart by Kyuhyun’s behavior. Donghae who sat beside her hugged her shoulder, tried to comfort her. Sunny then turned her head toward Seohyun and looked at her with apologetical gaze.

“I’m sorry.” Sunny said before explained.

“According to Grandpa Onew’s notes, the three of you have some parts of ‘Stone of Life’ with different power and purpose made by Kangta before he died. Kangin has the power to open the seal to Jonghyun’s power. Donghae has the power to increase ‘Stone of Life’ power to maximum level. And Seohyun has the power to defeat and to destroy all the part of ‘Stone of Life’ which are left.” Sunny finished her explanation. After heard it, Kyuhyun’s question all this time was answered. The reason why they chose him, Cho Kyuhyun, to protect Seohyun was because he was the most capable person to protect the most important person.

“If that so, then we just asked Seohyun to give her part of ‘Stone of Life’ so we can defeat Jonghyun and his army immediately.” Taeyeon said excitedly.

“If it is that simple, I think they should do it before all of this happened.” Sungmin said sarcastically which made him got sharp glare from Taeyeon.

“Yes. The answer is not that simple. The fact is more complicated” Siwon said

“Why?” This time, Eunhyuk asked.

“Because Seohyun, Kangin and Donghae are ‘ungiven’, we need a ‘guardian’ who can take ‘Stone of Life’ from them. Not all wizards can be the ‘guardian’, he or she has to have ‘Stone of Life’ like Jonghyun or he or she has to be the chosen ones. And until now, we still don’t know who the guardian is. King Onew’s notes didn’t mention about it at all” Siwon explained.

“So, all we can do right now is waiting for their attack and desperately protecting the three of them from death. What a nice solution.” Kyuhyun said sarcastically. He was angry because the life of his most precious person was in danger and he can’t do nothing. No one dare to speak after what Kyuhyun said until Sunny asked a question.

“Who are involved in this attack? Who are Jonghyun’s new army?”

“I fought with the blonde Jessica and Key.” Eunhyuk answered shortly.

“There was T-Taemin too.”Taeyeon added with soft voice but still can be heard by the others. Shindong surprised to hear his son’s name was mentioned. Guilty feeling climbed to his face. Taeyeon hugged his father to comfort him before added.

“There was another man, but I don’t know who he is because he wore hoodie.”

“He is Cho. I saw wizard mark in his neck.” Sungmin said in disgust but slight fear came across his face. All of them were surprised, because there was only one Cho who can did that. They turned their gaze toward Kyuhyun.

“Uncle Yunho.” Kyuhyun said shortly looking at sky outside, not looking at the others.

“So he is the betrayer who stole some important notes from Wizardry Empire’s Library and killed his own brother. No wonder they know about Seohyun, Kangin hyung and Donghae.” Sungmin said with disgust shown on his face clearly.

“Close your mouth or I’ll tore it apart!” Leeteuk who kept silent before, yelled at Sungmin out loud. He was ready with his blue light sword.

“What? I say the truth.” Sungmin yelled back. Leeteuk was about to approach Sungmin in fast movement but Kyuhyun stopped him.

“Ahjussi, stop it.” Kyuhyun said firmly, still looking at sky outside. His face was plain, not showing any emotion. Silence covered them in an instant along with tense atmosphere. As the Queen of Wizardry Empire, Sunny broke the silence easily.

“I think all of you should rest for a while after that tiring battle. Let Shindong ahjussi and Siwon handle the rest.”

“I’ll wait here. I have to look after my little sister Hyohyeon.” Kangin said.

“Let me send them home after the matters here are finish.” Shindong said and Taeyeon nodded her head in agreement.

“Some guard wizards and I will send Eunhyuk home before come back to the Empire.”

“There is something I want to talk about with you.” Sunny said to Eunhyuk who tried to refuse at the beginning.

“Siwon, you’ll send Kyuhyun home before come back here to help Shindong ahjussi.” Siwon nodded. After that they bid goodbye to each other and went home to their own apartment. On their way home no one able to speak after all of that. Kyuhyun and Siwon walked behind while Seohyun walked ahead with Leeteuk and Sooyoung in her right and left side. Seohyun decided to have some conversation with Leeteuk and Sooyoung to distract her attention, worries and fear. Seohyun looked calm and strong as if there was nothing happen in her life, as if everything was normal. As soon as they arrived at Seohyun’s apartment, Siwon and Sooyoung bid goodbye and left.

“Ahjussi, check surroundings area and make the protector which I made before stronger.” Kyuhyun ordered Leeteuk who teleported after he got the order.

“Seohyun-ah, go and get rest. It’s already late.” Kyuhyun said to Seohyun who nodded her head and walked to her bedroom. Seohyun walked slowly, every step felt heavy and heavier as she reached her bedroom. Her feet and all her body trembled. Tears started to flow from her eyes, she no longer can’t held it back. Seohyun was able to reach the door knob, but she wasn’t able to open the door when she collapsed on the floor. She was crying hardly. Fear and worries which she held back and hid away since the battle began came to the surface. Seohyun sat and hugged her knees, her back laid at the door. She sobbed and her tears kept flowing. Meanwhile Kyuhyun sat on the couch in the living room, he was thinking about what happened today. Kyuhyun then heard someone was crying and sobbing. He stood up and walked to the voice source. When he arrived, he saw Seohyun was crying hardly. Kyuhyun felt pain in his heart looking at Seohyun who was crying. He approached her and hugged her weak body tightly. Seohyun knew the person who hugged her was Kyuhyun, so she hugged Kyuhyun back tightly, her sob became louder.

“Oppa, I’m scared. I’m scared.”

“It’s okey, I’m here. I’ll protect you” Kyuhyun Seohyun’s head gently.

“Oppa, please don’t leave me alone. Please don’t ignore me.” Seohyun begged in her sob. Besides being afraid of losing her life, Seohyun being afraid to lose Kyuhyun too.

“I’m sorry I ignored you. I feel guilty because I can’t protect you before, I let them hurting you. I’m so useless. I’m so sorry, Seohyun-ah.” Kyuhyun felt guiltier and regretted his decision to ignore Seohyun. He thought if he ignored Seohyun, she would be able to calm herself and had someone to blame of but it turned out hurt her more. They still at that position for a while until Seohyun stopped crying. Kyuhyun then brought Seohyun to her bedroom in his arms. Kyuhyun laid Seohyun in her bed and covered her body with blanket until her chest.

“Oppa, may I ask something?” Seohyun asked. Kyuhyun smiled and nodded his head.

“What happen with your family?” Seohyun asked hesitantly and Kyuhyun remained silent and didn’t intend to answer.

“I-I’m sorry. I shouldn’t ask about it.” Seohyun felt guilty because she saw pain in Kyuhyun eyes.

“It’s okey. I’m sorry I can’t tell you right now. When the time came, I’ll tell the whole story.” Kyuhyun smiled.

“M-may I ask another question?” Seohyun asked hesitantly once again, but this time her cheeks blushed.

“What is it?” Kyuhyun asked in annoyed tone, he started impatient.

“A-am I your girlfriend?” Seohyun stuttered. Kyuhyun dumbfounded for a while after heard Seohyun’s question, before burst in laughter.

“What was that? I thought you will ask about important and serious thing.” Kyuhyun couldn’t stop laughing.

“Oppa. Just answer it.” Seohyun got irritated, she embarrassed too.

“Why do you ask that stupid question?” Kyuhyun asked after tried his best to hold his laughter.

“Y-yesterday when you said you love me, you didn’t asked me to become your girlfriend.” Seohyun’s face became completely red as red as tomato after she said that.

“Hahahahaha. Yah, why do you worry about unnecessary thing like that? You almost lost your life but now you worry about the fact you being my girlfriend or not?” Kyuhyun laughed once again. Seohyun pouted her lips and not looking at Kyuhyun. After Kyuhyun calm himself from laughing. He cupped Seohyun’s face and leaned closer. He pressed his lips to hers, he kissed her gently.

“That’s my answer.” Kyuhyun then walked to the door, leaving Seohyun who smile with red face. After Kyuhyun closed the door behind him, he mumbled.

“I’ll protect you no matter what happen, even if I have to lose my life for it.”

***

 

The next morning, Kyuhyun woke up from his deep sleep because he smelled something good from the kitchen. Then he walked to the kitchen and found Seohyun was cooking while mumbling a song.

“It smells good. I bet it’ll delicious.” Seohyun surprised after hearing Kyuhyun’s voice from the kitchen door.

“Oppa, you surprised me.” Seohyun pouted and Kyuhyun just smiled.

“I guess today will be a normal day.” Leeteuk suddenly popped up behind Kyuhyun. Then the door bell rang.

Ting..Tong..

“Or not.” Leeteuk followed Kyuhyun who walked to the front door to open it. They saw Eunhyuk stood up worriedly. Yesung and Donghae stood behind Eunhyuk. Yesung’s face looked impatient.

“Hyung, what’s up? Is there something wrong?” Kyuhyun asked, he felt the tension from them. He let Eunhyuk, Yesung and Donghae to get inside.

“I want you to protect Donghae while I have to go to the Empire. Wizardry Empire was attacked by Jonghyun’s army.” Eunhyuk explain hurriedly.

“I’ll come with you.” Kyuhyun suggested and was ready to go.

“No. You stay here. I’ll go with Yesung. Sungmin and Ryeowook already left right after I got the news. You have to protect Seohyun and Donghae in here. I called Taeyeon to come here with Kangin and Heechul and I think they are on their way now.” Eunhyuk ordered. When Kyuhyun about to argue, Seohyun came from the kitchen.

“Oppa, who is coming? Oh, Eunhyuk oppa.” Seohyun stood next to Kyuhyun in the living room. Kyuhyun then grabbed Seohyun’s hand and held it tightly. Seohyun looked at Kyuhyun confusedly.

“I have to go now.” Eunhyuk got ready to teleport but before he disappeared he said something.

“Ehm Kyuhyun-ah, there is someone I want you to protect besides Donghae. She is precious person for me, please take care of her.” After got nod from Kyuhyun, Eunhyuk and Yesung teleported.

“Oppa, what’s the matter?” Seohyun asked Kyuhyun. Donghae and Leeteuk already sat on the couch and had some chit chat. Before Kyuhyun can answered Seohyun’s question, the door bell rang once again. Kyuhyun opened the door and Yoona was standing in there with worried face. Yoona got inside immediately, walked passed Kyuhyun and hugged Seohyun.

“Seohyun-ah, are you okey? I saw the news from television. It was terrible accident. Some building got fire by unknown person. How are you, my Seobaby?” Yoona cupped Seohyun’s face and asked too many questions which made Seohyun confused how to answer it.

“Unnie, please calm down. I’m fine.” Seohyun smiled. When Yoona wanted to asked another questions, Donghae cut her.

“Im Yoona-ssi?” Yoona turned her head and saw Donghae, slight pink came to her cheeks.

“Donghae-ssi? What are you doing in my cousin’s apartment?” Before Donghae could answer it, the door bell rang for the third times that morning. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and opened the door again also for the third time. Heechul rushed inside and hugged Leeteuk.

“Teukkie..teukkie..” Heechul called Leeteuk lovingly. Taeyeon and Kangin stepped inside right after Heechul rushed inside. They shook their head along with Kyuhyun, watching Heechul’s action.

“Yah, stop your acting. Why do you suddenly act like this? It’s disgusting” Leeteuk yelled at Heechul in annoyed.

“I’m worried about you, I’m afraid I can’t see u anymore.” Heechul started to sob, he looked at Leeteuk with his puppy eyes.

“Yah, your word sound like I’ll die soon.” Leeteuk got pissed more.

“If you die, I’ll be the strongest one in 83line.” Heechul said innocently before ran away from Leeteuk. All of them laughed to see Leeteuk and Heechul childish act. Until a woman voice distracted their attention.

“Excuse me, is Cho Kyuhyun live in here?” A short woman with long black hair asked. She smiled beautifully. Kyuhyun and the others turned their head and looked at her with confused look.

“BoA unnie?” Yoona called. All of them looked at Yoona as if asked her who the woman is.

“BoA, you arrive.” Donghae said. And now they turned to look at Donghae with the same question in their face. Donghae looked at them back with confused look too.

“You don’t know her. Eunhyuk don’t tell you about her?” Donghae got shake head for his question. Donghae let out a sigh before introduced that woman.

“She is Kwon BoA, my best friend. She works at Soshi academy same like me, as singing teacher. She is also Eunhyuk’s girlfriend.”

“What?” All of them screamed in unison except Yoona. They looked at Donghae and then looked at BoA, back to look at Donghae, back again to BoA. They didn’t believe that the ert monkey a.k.a the ert prince of Wizardry Empire already had a girlfriend, beautiful girlfriend. Maybe she got some love spell and concoction from Eunhyuk or else there was something wrong with her mind to accept Eunhyuk as her boyfriend. But they kept that mind for their own.

“Yoona unnie, how do you know her too?” Seohyun asked Yoona.

“I’m also work at Soshi academy as new acting teacher, so I know Donghae-ssi and BoA unnie.” Yoona answered.

“Hello, I’m Kwon BoA. Nice to meet you.” BoA bowed. Kyuhyun and the others bowed back.

“Wait a minute, but who are you? Why are you here?” Yoona asked, pointed her finger toward Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Kangin, and Heechul. Everyone kept silent, no one answered Yoona’s question.

“U-unnie, can we talk in my room?” Seohyun brought Yoona to her room. Inside the room, Seohyun told Yoona another lie to cover the unbelieveable truth. Seohyun told Yoona that Taeyeon and the others were her friend and Kyuhyun’s friend who came to gather and have some fun. Yoona trusted Seohyun, so she didn’t ask further. When Seohyun and Yoona came out from Seohyun’s room, they found out that Seohyun’s apartment changed into some kind of kindergarten. Kyuhyun and Heechul were playing PSP in loud volume, Kangin and Donghae were bullying Leeteuk, they did a kind of wrestling thingy with noisy, while Taeyeon and BoA were chit chatting and laughing also with their loud voice.

“Oppa. Unnie.” Seohyun yelled. All of them turned their head to Seohyun for a moment before came back to do their childish act.

“Your friends are weird.” Seohyun giggled because of Yoona’s comment. They did their weird business until night came while waiting some news from Eunhyuk who not coming back yet. At 9 o’clock, Kyuhyun got message from Eunhyuk which was said that he will came back tomorrow morning and ordered them to stay overnight at Seohyun’s apartment.

“Eunhyk hyung sent me a message. He told me that he will come back home tomorrow morning and ordered all of you to stay overnight in here.” Kyuhyun looked at Seohyun, asking for permission and Seohyun nodded her head.

“Do I have to stay overnight too?” BoA asked hesitantly.

“Of course, Eunhyuk hyung will kill me if you don’t stay overnight.” Kyuhyun answered with grin.

“Because there is only one room, so the ladies will sleep in the room while the men sleep in the living room.” Seohyun said and got nodded from the others.

“Good night and have a good sleep.” The ladies got inside Seohyun’s room and the men prepared the space to sleep in the living room. An hour passed and Kyuhyun’s eyes not closed yet. He ordered Leeteuk and Heechul to check the surroundings area earlier. Then sound of something fell was heard.

Gedebug..

The door of Seohyun’s room opened. Seohyun, Yoona and BoA came out with sleepy eyes but annoy was shown in their faces.

“What’s happen?” Kyuhyun asked. Donghae woke up but not with Kangin.

“Taeyeon dominate the bed, she even kicked me and made me fell above BoA unnie and Seohyun who slept on the floor.” Yoona said in annoyed.

“Then let’s sleep together here.” Donghae said while slapping space beside him.

“Don’t worry, we won’t do anything.” Donghae added because Yoona looked at him suspiciously. The ladies about to take their sleep position when suddenly it was blackout.

Aaarrrggghhh.. Seohyun, Yoona and BoA screamed in unison.

“Yah, calm down. It’s just blackout.” Kyuhyun said and then mumbled a spell “Hikari”. Light came out from his palm and illuminated the entire living room. The three of them did a bear hug position with fear in their faces. After it became bright again, they released the hug.

“H-How do you do it?” Yoona stuttered, she surprised by Kyuhyun’s action.

“He is a magician. Now let’s sleep.” Donghae pulled the surprised Yoona to lie down beside him. Kangin still slept tightly not disturbed by the whole noisy from the others. They then slept in this order: Kangin, Donghae, Yoona, BoA, Seohyun and Kyuhyun. Donghae and Yoona had pink blush in their cheeks because they faced each other. While Kyuhyun grabbed Seohyun’s hand and held it until he fell asleep.

***

 

Kyuhyun woke up from his deep sleep because he felt something touching his philtrum. Kyuhyun opened his eyes lazily, he disturbed by those touches. When Kyuhyun’s eyes finally fully opened, he saw Yesung’s face was close enough from his face and Yesung’s index finger kept touching his philtrum.

Aaarrrggghh..

Kyuhyun surprised and moved backward to avoid Yesung especially his hand.

“Hahahaha. Good work, Yesung hyung.” Eunhyuk laughed out loud and he high fived with Yesung who smile in satisfaction.

Pletaaak..

Sound of something being hit was heard loudly to the entire living room. It was sound of Eunhyuk’s head being hit by Kyuhyun. Everyone woke up because of that sound. With their sleepy eyes they looked at the angry Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk who his head with unhappy face. Then sound of door being opened was heard and can be seen Taeyeon with her pajamas stood up at Seohyun’s room door while hugging a bolster.

“Why do you all sleep in here?” Taeyeon asked innocently and rubbed her sleepy eyes. That morning began with all those abnormal actions, screaming and yelling. But with all those mess, a man named Kangin still sleep soundly. After sent Yoona and BoA home safely, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Yesung now sat in Seohyun’s living room with the others.

“Oppa, how is the Empire?” Taeyeon asked worriedly, she worried about both of her parents, Kim Shindong and Kim Nari.

“Don’t worry, your parents are fine and no one injured badly.” Eunhyuk explained, tried to calm down Taeyeon who sat beside him.

“How was it?” Kyuhyun asked curiously. He wanted to know how it was going.

“Early morning after the battle at Kim’s café, Siwon hyung called me and said that Jessica, Taemin, Key and Kibum attacked the Empire. They attacked when the guarding in Empire was weak because of the previous battle at Kim’s café. I ordered Sungmin hyung and Ryeowook to go there first while Yesung and I made sure everything in here was under control before we went to Empire. When we arrived there, the battle was on going. It seemed like they searched something in the Empire’s library because there was the battle took place.” Eunhyuk explained.

“But I think they didn’t find what they looking for. Not so long after we arrived they ran away.” Yesung added.

“I’m sure what they looking for is related with Kangta and ‘Stone of Life’.” Sungmin said arrogantly as if he knew everything. Kyuhyun and Taeyeon nodded their head in understanding while the others just listen carefully.

“Before we came back here, Sunny noona asked me to do something about you and Seohyun.” Eunhyuk looked at Kyuhyun seriously.

“Both of you have to hide.”