Gathering at the Oh's

Our son - HAITUS

Hello ^^

Another chapter of baby Minwoo and his family only this time there are more people and he's older. 

Please comment and tell me what you think. 

Sophie :)

________________________________________

“Dada, no!” I had to surpass a laugh as I looked down to see my four-year-old son with a frown on his face and his arms folded. He stamped his little socked foot before staring directly at me. I did my best to frown right back at him but he was just too cute.

“Minwoo-ah, don’t argue with me,” I warned as I leant down to scoop him into my arms, only to return empty handed as the little boy took off running through the house. I sighed as I turned around and swiped a hand across my forehead before I ran after the small boy.

“Minwoo-ah! We have to bathe and get ready before we meet Uncles at Yukwon’s house,” I shouted as I walk through the rooms of the house; not coming up with anything. I knew my son was testing my patience and it was working.

“YAH! KIM MINWOO! IF YOU DON’T COME HERE THIS MINUTE, NO PORORO FOR A MONTH,” I shouted, hoping that it would work. In an instant, my little monkey’s face peeped out from behind the sitting room door with a kicked look.

“Dada? No Pororo?” He asked as tears gathered in his eyes. I was about to console him when Jongin walked through the door to see what the commotion was. I got a disapproving stare as he scooped our baby up and bounced him around. Minwoo then proceeded to settle his head in his Appa’s neck and sniffled whilst his thumb. Guilt washed over me and I tried to smile and brush it off, but it didn’t work.

“What’s going on?” Jongin asked as he frowned at me.

“Dada said I couldn’t watch Pororo … for a month and he shouted at me!” Minwoo sobbed as he tried to hide deeper into his Appa. I took a deep breath as Jongin turned to me.

“Only because I asked him nicely to have a bath to get ready and then he ran off,” I huffed before storming up the stairs and running the water; leaving Jongin to sort out the crying boy.

___________________________________

“Dada?” I felt a tug on my shirtsleeves as I swirled the water around and made sure it was the right temperature. I looked down to see Minwoo in his monkey towel with the hood up; still sniffling.

“Yes?” I asked whilst I poured bubble bath into the water. Immediately the water started to foam with an explosion of bubbles.

“I’m sorry.” I told myself to stay strong and that he was wrong. However, that resolution soon shattered when my baby boy stood there with his head bent and tears pooling in his large, brown eyes. Quickly, I pulled the toddler into my arms, cradling him whilst I kissed him on the head.

“No don’t be baby, I shouldn’t have shouted at you,” he squirmed in my arms before pulling back and tapping me on the nose. I chuckled as he giggled away before I ripped his towel off, making him jump. “Now, into the bath.”

“ANIYO!” He squealed as I lifted him up and plopped him to between the bubbles and soapy water. He splashed and turned in the water as bubbles and soap went flying. I grabbed his bath toys and dumped them into the water but Minwoo was too preoccupied with the bubbles; creating a beard out of them on his face. Suddenly a deeper chuckled reverberated around the room and I looked up to see Jongin standing in the doorway with a grin spread across his face.

“What you looking at?” I smirked as I put bubbles on top of Minwoo’s head.

“Yeah Appa,” He joined in, pouting and at his Appa.

“Just watching the two of you having fun. I’ll take over now Tae whilst you get ready.” Nodding my head, I stood up and wiped the bubbles off my hand and onto the towel. I walked out the door, only to stop and place a kiss on Jongin’s lips.

_________________________________

“Welcome!” A chirpy Luhan shouted as he opened the front door and simultaneously tried to pry the bowl of candy out of little Chanyeol’s arms. I chuckled as I pushed Minwoo further into the house before pulling said man into a hug.

Nowadays we didn’t get to meet up and spend time together as much as we both had adopted our own little boys; Luhan and Sehun adopted a boy named Yukwon who was now 5 years old.

“Long time no see,” I greeted him and then walked briskly into the house to find out where everyone else was.

Sitting in the living room on the large leather couches were Kris and Baekhyun and Lay with Suho. They to had adopted little boys who had currently dragged Minwoo off to go and explore the den Appa Sehun had built in his spare time. Kris and Baekhyun managed to adopt a son who could pass for their own; Chanyeol who was now 6. He was tall and lanky with a mop of frizzy hair but had a charming smile and a virus-like personality. On the other hand, Suho and Lay adopted a small, quiet boy called Jongup who was only 3. He liked to dance with Lay and was an angel like Suho yet he was quite shy around other children.

“Taemin!” Baekhyun exclaimed as he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. I had met him when I found out he was dating Kris, who I knew through Luhan. We both got on well and soon bonded over our two babies.

“Hyung, nice to see you.” I quickly greeted everyone before I sat down next to Jongin and waited for something to happen. Soon enough, it did.

“Ummmmmaaaaaa!” A scream unlike any I had heard resounded through the house, followed by a Chanyeol who was red in the face and close to tears.

“What baby? Are you ok?” Baekhyun immediately answered whilst Kris pulled the boy into his lap. Surprisingly, Chanyeol could curl up quite tightly for the long bean he was and soon was lulled by his father’s soothing hand rubbing circles in his back.

“Yukwonnie said I couldn’t dance,” he sniffed before glaring at the three toddlers who walked through the door. Baekhyun looked at Luhan who immediately frowned and stood with his hands placed on his hips.

“Yukwon-ah, is that true?” Luhan asked as said boy stood nervously on the spot. I quickly motioned for Minwoo to come and join me in my lap and he quickly complied, Jongup following in his steps only aiming for his father’s lap.

“Yes Appa,” Yukwon grew red as he looked at his feet.

“That’s not nice, you should say sorry,” Luhan scowled as he knelt down so he was the same height as Yukwon.

“But you said to never ever lie,” the little boy shook his head rapidly and looked at his father with the upmost concern. Luhan stilled for a moment, shocked with what he said, before he composed himself and continued.

“I know baby but it doesn’t mean you should hurt their feelings, now say sorry,” Luhan said again before slightly pushing Yukwon to Chanyeol. He quickly murmered a small ‘sorry’ before running into Luhan’s arms and hiding in his father’s neck. Chanyeol, who was now sprawled across both of his parent’s laps, only nodded and smiled at the shorter boy.

“Who wants food?”

Rice, meat and various other dishes lay spread out across a large oak table with only eight seats around it. Right next to the table was a cute bright red, green and yellow plastic picnic table for the toddlers with learner chopsticks and spoon set out just like the adults. The children had their own special food on their table whilst the adults had dishes for them. I in a deep breath and let the aroma take over my senses. It was heavenly.

“Dada?” I placed Minwoo, who was currently on my hip, down so he could sit at the table.

“Yes baby?” Minwoo frowned at the nickname, embarrassed. I laughed once before patting him on the head and helping Luhan serve them their food.

“I don’t wanna,” Minwoo pouted as he looked at the food. A frown pulled my eyebrows closer together as I knelt by him.

“You love this Minwoo-ah. Dada makes this at home,” I said as I tried to feed the toddler a spoonful. I was aware that the time was later than when Minwoo usually ate but I didn’t think he would notice.

“No, no,” he whined before turning his head away and pushing the plate slightly. I grabbed his little hands quickly before they could knock anything over.

“Minwoo, don’t be rude. You need to eat baby,” I sent him a look that meant ‘you better behave’ before pushing the food back in front of him. As soon as I turned around there was a loud smash. I quickly turned and so did all of the heads in the room to see Minwoo sitting there with a cross look on his face and his plate upside down on the floor and rice scattered everywhere. Without a word, I sent an apologetic look towards Luhan before picking Minwoo up by the arms and storming out of the room. If rain clouds could be over my head, they would be.

“Why?” I asked as I placed him on the floor and stared at him. My voice was harsher than I first intended. “You know you should behave when we are guests at other people’s homes. What are you going to do at school if you don’t like the food? Huh? You can’t act like this,” I told him off as he stood there with teary eyes and a downcast face for the second time that day. It broke my heart but I knew he couldn’t grow up without being told what was right and what was wrong. “Now I want you to go in there and apologise.”

“Ne Dada,” he sniffed before grabbing my hand and leading me back into the room. Jongin sent me a worried look but I just shook my head. Minwoo stood in front of Luhan and gave him puppy eyes before speaking.

“I’m sorry uncle Luhan.”

“It’s ok Min-ah,” Luhan smiled and ruffled his hair as he finished wiping up the rest of the mess. I apologised quickly before placing Minwoo on his Appa’s lap and going to quickly finish my part of the meal. Minwoo spent the rest of the meal sitting in his father’s lap and playing with his hands like the rest of the kids.

___________________________________

“Byebye hyungie,” Minwoo smiled as he waved to Chanyeol from his place on Jongin’s shoulders. After the meal incident, he had been quiet and only played with the kids when they were around the adult. Then around half an hour ago, he drooped and was close to falling asleep at any point. I waved to the small boy as well before the three of us made our way to the car. Jongin quickly strapped Minwoo in, making sure he was safe, before hopping into the driver’s seat and pulling away. I glanced in the mirror and smiled when I saw the little boy fast asleep.