Little Green Monster (Part 2)

Our son - HAITUS

Hello ....

I am so sorry, I only just realised how long it had been since I updated this and I was mean and left it on a cliff hanger, and guess what? I'm gonna do that again. 

Please comment and tell me what you think.

Sophie :)

______________________________

The next day was Saturday and I was determined to avoid Yukwon at all cost. I knew I would see him if I went to the dance studio, or if I went to town so I decided to spend the day inside away from anyone.

“And the Oh’s are coming over for lunch,” I choked on my cereal as my Dada explained what was going to happen. I swallowed thickly and glared out the window, annoyed at whoever was out there. Why of all days did the stupid Ohs have to be coming over?

“Min-ah, close your mouth when you eat,” I was bought back from my loathing of the human race when my Appa stared at me with his big, piercing eyes. They weren’t as big as Kyungsoo’s, the twins’ father, but they could be scary when he was looking at you with disapproval set deep inside them.

“Sorry,” I mumled as I swallowed my mouthful, washing it down with a swig of orange juice. It was my vice, orange juice that is. I couldn’t go a day without having it, it woke me up in the morning and it made me feel ready for the day. Without it, I felt as though I couldn’t function properly, like some snooty women and coffee, only more orangey.

“Yah! Kim Minwoo, what’s gotten in to you?” my Dada asked with worried eyes. I just brushed him off with a shrug of the shoulders before dumping my dishes in sink and sauntering off to my room ready to sulk.

“Do you think he’s on his man-period?”

______________________________

The ominous sound of the ringing doorbell echoed through the house. A shiver made its way down my spine as I lay still on my bed, just listening. The loud cheers from my Dada and his umma could be heard as they greeted each other, the low hellos following of our Appas. I crossed my fingers, hoping I wasn’t going to be called downstairs only to feel my heart sink when my Appas voice reverberated around the room.

“”Minwoo-ah!” Huffing, I rolled off the bed and slowly started to trudge down the wooden staircase, feeling more like I was going to meet my death then some family friends. I took one deep breath as I rounded the corner to see the Ohs and son standing by the front door, all taking off their shoes as the parents nattered away. Immediately my eyes locked onto Yukwon’s figure. He was wearing skinny jeans that hugged his legs in un-godly ways with a large baggy t-shirt. I cursed to myself as I watched him register me looking from around the corner and my heart skipped a beat as he smiled at me. Why was he like this?

“There you are,” my sight shot to my Appa as he beckoned me forward and ushered all of us into the kitchen to get drinks. I would be lying if I said the air was free of any tension. The awkwardness between Yukwon and I was unnatural since we grew up together, always playing and never wanting to leave. Only a year ago the parents would have to literally rip us away from each other.

“How are you Minwoo-ah?” Luhan asked as he sipped on a glass of wine. I frowned at the drink, not understanding why adults liked the sickly, bitter substance and had the guts to drink it at noon.

"I’ve been well Uncle,” I smiled at him as I filled a glass with orange juice; needing the juice to calm my nerves. I chuckled awkwardly when he continued to talk about Yukwon and how school was being a bit of a pain for him, only nodding at intervals when I felt like an action was needed. I cared less about what my Uncle had to say but I was polite, unlike Yukwon who was sitting awkwardly in the corner, not ripping his eyes away from the screen of his phone. Suddenly a clap from my Dada caught all of our attention.

“Ok folks, turns out lunch is going to be a little late as I may have set the oven wrong. Please get comfy and boys, why don’t you go to Minwoo’s room?” I tried to send Dada a subtle glare, only to be shot down with a powerful one and a hand gesture to tell us to get out of the room. I plastered a smile onto my face before heading to the door knowing Yukwon knew the way to my abode. It was quiet and I didn’t like it as we both entered the room, Yukwon still on his phone. I casually strolled over to the other side of the room and switched on my Xbox. If he wasn’t going to talk then neither was I. I quickly logged on, noticing Jongwoo was on. I smiled to myself a little as I started playing the same game as him, shoving my headphones on my head and chuckling when I was met with the sound of him swearing at some ‘good for nothing’ thirteen year-old player.

“Hey Jongwoo,” I spoke, missing how Yukwon’s head snapped in my direction as soon as the name rolled off my lips.

“Hyung … HEY!” The screaming from the other end caused me to rip the headphones from my head in agony. I chuckled before slipping them on and noticing how Yukwon grabbed a bean bag and joined us with the other pair of headphones.

“I’m here to Jongwoo,” Yukwon’s voice almost sounded cold as he spoke into the speaker, eyes focused on the screen as though he was on a mission. Jongwoo and someone else were against the two of us as we ran through woods and abandoned cabins to shoot the other team. It had a tense feeling and I loved it. Both of us were getting closer to the other team when I felt a hand land on my lap. Looking down I noticed how close Yukwon was and I had to do something about it.

To be continued ….