Day Alone .... Almost

Our son - HAITUS

Hello lovelies,

I present you with this little adventure - dedicated to crazedanddazed who has been a loyal subbie from the start and wanted more interaction between Jongin and Minwoo ~ I hope you like it.

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Sophie :)

_______________________________ 

“Ok and the pre-prepared baby food is in the fridge along with milk. Diapers can be found in the usual place with everything else you should need and remember … don’t give him any chocolate.” I rolled my eyes as Taemin scurried around the kitchen, panicking as he tried to get everything ready for the day I would have alone with Minwoo.

“Tae, stop worrying,” I smiled as I leant against the counter. Taemin just sent me a glare and continued what he was doing, resulting in me pulling him into a hug and crashing my lips onto his.

“Jongin, don’t I have to-“ he struggled in my grip and flailed around, trying to avoid my advances and carry on with what he was doing.

“Stop,” I commanded before placing another kiss on his lips. He stilled for a moment, caught off guard as my tongue slowly ran over his bottom lip, teasing the skin. He slowly relaxed into my touch and soon he joined in, teeth ripping at my bottom lip for entrance.

“Now go,” I smirked once and kissed him on the forehead before pushing him out of the house and slamming the door before he could protest. I chuckled once to myself when I heard a bang from the other side when Taemin hit the door. Smiling, I turned around and began to search for my little man.

Taemin and the ‘mummy’ club were going out for the day, leaving the babies with their Appas whilst they went out shopping. Baekhyun had also bagged vouchers for a spa around an hour and a half away from where we all live so they had decided to make a day out of it. I was more than happy to be able to spend time with Minwoo as I was often too busy at work and he was about ready for bed when I came home. It was sad to think I was missing out on seeing him growing up but I knew what I was doing was for the best. I could stop working but that would mean we would be homeless with no food or clothes.

“Minwoo, what are you doing?” I asked, trying to keep the anger from my voice. There, sitting on the floor next to the toilet, was my two year old son with toilet paper wrapped around his head and torso. Loo roll was also all over the closed toilet seat, floor and even in the sink where it had been sprayed with water.

“Eeeek,” Minwoo just squealed with a huge grin on his face as he waved his arms around, causing the loo roll to flail along with it, catching his attention.

“No Minwoo. This is bad. No, no,” I said as I shook my head and tried to untangle the toddler from the mess. When Minwoo was a baby, his first words were ‘no, no’ and he loved to say that, even when he caught us doing something wrong. Minwoo just frowned at me and wiggled in my arms, pouting as I put him in the living room, trying to clear up the mess. I grumbled as I rolled out the destroyed loo roll and threw it in the bin, such a waste. Luckily there wasn’t any mess that needed the mop out, or I wouldn’t have been so calm. I swiped a hand across my forehead, already tired before I headed into the living room, only to find Minwoo drawing on the walls with his crayons. He had a cheeky grin on his face and a blue crayon in his small, chubby hand, poised against the wall.

“No Minwoo. No!” I shouted as I lunged forwards, cursing as he drew a big, thick line down the pristine wall. I knew Taemin was going to kill me if he saw this. Once again, I had to rip the toddler from his place and carry a squirming baby across the room. As soon as I dropped him on the sofa, rougher than I intended, he burst into tears and soon the snot was running. I panicked and tried to console him but it didn’t work. Instead he continued to wail as I grabbed my iPhone and hit number 2 speed dial; 1 was Tae.

“Yo hyung,” Sehun’s groggy voice came through the phone. Relief rushed through me when he picked up, knowing he had the answer to my problem. I tried to form a sentence as I pulled the screaming boy into my arms and rubbed soothing circles into his back.

“Hey Sehun,” worry was evident in my voice and I knew it.

“You better bring your son round here a.s.a.p, no questions asked.”

“Sheesh calm yourself hyung. Is Taemin out with Luhan?” I could hear movement on the other side and Sehun telling Yukwon to hurry and get his bag.

“I said no questions!” I snapped before hanging up and going back to trying to console my son who doing his best to burst my ear drums.

________________________________

Ding Dong!

The sound of the doorbell was my saviour. As soon as the chime ran through the house, I left a still teary Minwoo on the couch and sped as fast as I could to the wooden door. I swung it open with so much force I cringed as it slammed against the white wall and left a small dint.

“You’re here, thank god!” I almost cried when I drank in the sight of Sehun and Yukwon both standing there with almost matching white-blonde hair and two pink bubble teas.

“What’s wrong hyung?” Sehun asked as he ushered his perfectly behaved little angel into the house. Sighing, I beckoned them to follow me through to the living room where Minwoo was now, at last, swaddled in his Pororo and Krong blanket, his thumb and cuddling his soft rabbit that he was given when he was born. The rabbit was Minwoo’s prize possession and went everywhere, everywhere with him. No one could rip Minwoo away from the toy, not even Yukwon!

“Min-ah?” Minwoo’s head snapped towards Yukwon and glassy eyes met wide ones as they both stopped for a second. In a flash, Yukwon was sitting next to Minwoo, under the blanket, Minwoo’s head resting on Yukwon’s shoulder as both of them watched the TV. Sehun and I looked at each other incredulously before smirking and moving to the kitchen.

“Hyung?” I looked over to Sehun as I moved to the cupboard and started to make two coffees, feeling like I needed a caffeine boost.

“Mmmm?” I hummed and held up a cup. Sehun nodded his head once before leaning again the counter as he waited.

“Do you think Yukwon and Minwoo will get along when they’re older?” Sehun pondered as he sipped on the hot drink, leaping back when he burnt his tongue.

“Of course Hun-ah, have you seen them?” Was he being dumb?

“No, I mean, do you think they’ll ever … date?” He asked. I nearly choked on my drink when it lodged in my throat in surprise. Sehun smacked me on the back and laughed as I turned bright red.

“Number 1, we are not the gossiping other gender, and 2 … he’s my little boy, no way!” I said and we both laughed; amused at how we were acting.

“Ok hyung, I’ll keep that in mi~” The shrill of Sehun’s phone interrupted him. He glanced at the number before rolling his eyes and answering the phone.

“Hi hyung … yes … I’m with Jongin … I’ll ask,” Sehun moved the phone from his face before speaking. “Hyung? Can Suho bring Jongup over, they’re bored,” Sehun asked and batted his eyelids. I nodded and Sehun spoke into the phone, saying ‘yes’. “They’re gonna be here soon” Sehun spoke before going back and sipping his drink again.

We had been there for no more than two seconds when the doorbell rang again. I sighed and hurried to open it, surprised to see a -faced Kris standing with Chanyeol jumping on the steps as though he had eaten a whole bag of candies.

“Hi hyun-,” I was stopped when Kris held his hand up with an un-amused expression.

“Save it Jongin. Can we come in? I heard you have all the other kids here. Yeol is driving me up the wall,” without another word he pushed Chanyeol in and barged through the wall made by our bodies. I frowned, slightly miffed that he decided to invade, but in the end, neither Sehun nor I could stop the angry Dragon Appa. Both of us stood there in shock for a second before moving through to the other room where the boys were.

______________________________

“Appa?” I glanced up from my place on the floor to find Minwoo smiling at me cheekily. I was currently lying in the middle of the wooden floor with sheets and blankets around me, built in the shape of a fort. The other Appas were in here somewhere along with the other boys, off on their own adventures. Kris had been the most resentful but with a few bribes and a dose of four pairs of puppy dog eyes, he gave in. I sent Minwoo a questioning look before ‘mmrmphfing’ as the little boy plonked himself down on my back. Chuckling, I rolled over, keeping the boy on me so he shifted onto my stomach. I, once again groaned as Minwoo then began to pound his little fists into my abdomen.

“Minwoo, wha~”

“YUKWON HYUNGIE! I’VE TRAPPED THE MONSTER!” His little voice boomed around the camp and soon all the other three boys had gathered around, climbing all over me. The wind was knocked out of my lungs as a foot came into contact with my ribs and I curled in pain as another foot managed to kick me ‘downstairs’.

“Ok boys, off of Jongin,” Suho said, desperately trying to rip kids off of me. His feeble shouts didn’t do anything and I lay on the floor helpless.

“YAH!” However, Kris’ did and soon I was able to breathe again, the only weight on my chest was Minwoo lying across me, his small arms trying to wrap around my torso. I smiled at the others before bending my head and kissing his hair, wondering what he was doing.

“Minwoo what are you do~”

“Is you ok Appa?” I was interrupted when the toddler looked at me in the eyes, his big globes full of concern. My heart fluttered slightly and I kissed his forehead this time.

“I’m fine baby, where are the others?” I asked. Minwoo shrugged before lifting the side of the fort, revealing the other Appas sprawled around the room with their sons asleep with them. Sehun and Yukown were both on the sofa in the same position as us whilst Kris and Chanyeol were in the recliner. Suho and Jongup were on the furry rug on the floor with Eve curled up next to them. Fort playing must have knocked everyone out.

“Go to sleep Minwoo-ah and I’ll wake you later, ok?” I smiled at my little man before pushing him back to my chest and hugging him closer.

______________________________

“OMG! They’re so cute.”

“Shhhh Baekhyun, you’re too loud.”

“You’ll wake them!”

“Shut up all three of you, you’re all way too loud,” I recognised Taemin’s voice and a smile unconsciously spread across my lips. Opening my eyes slowly, I came face to face with a camera and a very bright flash.

“Mmmm Tae,” I groaned and rubbed my eyes, careful not to move and wake Minwoo who was peacefully sleeping.

“I’ll take him to bed, wake up babe,” I suddenly felt cold as the little body was removed from mine, causing me to stretch and jump to my feet. I glanced around my house, seeing the others trying to wake their husband’s and not their kids and I smiled, hoping we could do this again.