Legos and diapers

Our son - HAITUS

Hello^^

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH to my 13 little subscribers/commenters and for the votes - they mean a lot. 

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think (as always!).

Sophie :)

_______________________________

“Dadaaaaaaaaaa,” a shriek rang out through the house. Without a doubt, I dropped the pastry I was in the middle of making before sprinting to my baby’s room. I slammed open the door, only to find a teary Minwoo standing in the middle of the floor, clutching his foot and whimpering. Immediately my motherly side kicked in and I scooped him up, cradling him in my arms as I sank to the floor. 

“What happened baby?” I asked as I tried to rub his foot, hoping to make it feel better. However, this caused the little boy to burst into tears and bury his head in my neck. Tear made my neck wet as I cooed him and quickly rubbed soothing circles into his back. His shuddering slowly decreased and the tears dried before the snot started to run from his nose. Tactically I grabbed a tissue and wiped his face, removing the snot and the tear tracks.

“Ok, we good?” I asked as I wiped a hand across his eyes. Minwoo blinked once, staring at me before smiling a toothy smiled that lit up his whole face and nodding wildly.

“Mmmmm,” he hummed cutely.

“What happened?” I asked, now that the little boy was calm and he could reply to me. Minwoo just frowned and pointed at the accused object, a blue Lego brick lying on the floor. I quickly picked it up, holding it to his face as he squirmed in my arms and tried to push the object away.

“It’s ok baby boy, it won’t hurt you now ok. Don’t stand on them ok?” I smiled as he slowly peeked at the brick before snatching it from my hand and twirling it in his hands. I kissed him on the head once and then placed him on the floor. I was about to leave Minwoo alone when a suddenly squeak pulled my attention back to him.

“Dada…chocolate?” He asked with a pout on his face. I caught onto him immediately and smiled.

“No baby.”

“But Dada,” he pouted and pointed to his foot, wiggling it impatiently. I laughed and bent down, planting one last kiss on his head and walking into the kitchen.

______________________________

I staggered down the hall way under a pile of clothes.It was laundry day and of course, it happened to be the day I was at home. Socks, pants and baby-grows fell onto the floor as I waddled into the laundry room and shoved the dirty pile into the washer. Wiping the sweat of my forehead and catching my breath, I worked my way back along the hall and picked up the bits I dropped. I stopped, however, when I peered into the sitting room and saw Minwoo sitting by a cardboard box, scribbling across it with a multicoloured crayon.

Ever since Minwoo had learnt to grab and hold, he had been an artistic baby. Jongin and I had done the couple thing and got his footprints done in glass and on ceramic plates for presents, and had photos taken but he would be the one to draw over everything. If there was a crayon hidden in the room, he would find it. I wouldn’t allow him to have paint just yet as I knew we would have to redecorate if he got hold of them. He loved to build with bricks and sand was a favourite past time.

It made me smile to see him lift the box he had drawn on and crawl inside. He then proceeded to sit in there, cooing and clapping as he flicked at a flap on the side and peeked out. Slowly I crept into the room, just out of his sight before sitting in front of the box. As soon as he opened the flap he was met with the sight of my face. I felt happiness bubble inside of me as he broke out into a grin and reached out for me. I quickly pulled him into a hug and kissed him on the head, thanking everything for letting me have this precious little angel.

______________________________

“How was he today?” Jongin asked as he shoved a piece of meat into his mouth. I scowled at him and slapped his hand away from the rest of the food.

“He’s getting sneaky babe. He hurt his foot on a Lego and then asked for chocolate,” Jongin just laughed.

“Just like his Appa,” he smirked as he kissed me on the head. I chuckled as I stirred the dinner, glancing to the side only to notice Minwoo standing in the doorway; t-shirt and trousers on, only with a diaper on his head and a pacifier in his mouth.

“Minwoo-ah? What are you doing?” Jongin asked as he beckoned the toddler towards him, trying to surpass a laugh as the little boy stumbled along.

“Appa,” Minwoo shouted as he tugged on his dad’s trouser leg, jumping on the spot as he waited impatiently to be lifted onto his lap.

“Hey baby, this isn’t a hat,” Jongin chuckled as his pulled the diaper off his son’s head and placed it on the counter, ruffling the little boy’s hair in the process. I laughed as I watched the two of them, noticing how alike they both truly were.

“He is definitely your son,” I smirked and poured the rice into separate bowls. I received a slap on the arm and two huge smiles in return; totally worth it.