Liking?

Our son - HAITUS

Hello, I'm back ... quicker this time!

This little shot was inspired by the song 'I like it' by BTS who I've really been into lately.

Please leave me a comment/subscribe/upvote. I'm trying to be quicker with updates now.

Sophie x

P.S Anyone else really excited for exo's comeback?

_______________________________________________________________

I stormed up the stairs, not in the mood to talk to my parents after the day of school I’d just had. The lessons had been, lunch the same; sitting with the group and eating the same bento box Dada packed me every Wednesday. However, it was breaks when I had to see ‘him’ that made the day worse.

 

It wasn’t my fault we broke up ... well maybe it was ... slightly. It was mostly Yukwon’s fault though for making my heart yearn for him and stopping it beating for the boy I now wanted back so desperately. And now, every day, I seemed to bump into him in the hallways, looking like a fool when all I wanted was to look cool in his eyes and to have him love me again.

 

            “Woo-ah, baby it’s dinner time,” I heard my Dada’s voice from the other side of the door but wasn’t bothered by it: not sure if my stomach could handle food at that precise moment in time.

            “Not hungry. I’ll eat later,” I mumbled hoping that the male on the landing would hear. Apparently he got the message and I soon heard footsteps receding down the stairs. I lay still for a moment, the soft blankets around me allowing some comfort as my eyes darted over all the pictures and posters on my walls: many depicting the two of us smiling like idiots or holding hands on the beach when we went away with a group of friends.

 

I knew I hadn’t exactly been fair when we broke-up. My reasons had been pathetic and poorly transmitted so the relationship tore off in a sticky and unfriendly manner with words like ‘other person’ leaving my mouth and ‘just a kid’ from his. It showed whenever I saw him. His face would scrunch up in something close to disgust whenever our eyes met (that was rare) however, he was still beautiful to me – even more so now he wasn’t mine.

 

I pulled my phone from its place in my blazer pocket and turned it on; the light blindingly bright as I stared at the background picture set on the device. Letting out a sigh, I tapped the ‘Facebook’ app, immediately regretting it when the first notice was about him. The picture was of him and his mates all out at the local club. Beer bottles were scattered across the table and it was then I had to remind myself that he was older than me whilst girls and boys could be seen snogging in the background. His own pair of lips were attached to his close friend’s: his eyes on the camera as though they were taunting me through the screen.

 

My finger moved towards the ‘like’ button unconsciously and touched the screen. It took a moment before my brain registered what the digit was doing. Panicking, I slowly slid my finger across the screen towards the comment section button and let out a mental sigh of relief when the section opened and no ‘like’ was registered – that was too close.

 

As an ex it would seem desperate and creepy if I clicked the ‘like’ button wouldn't it? It was just a ‘no-no’ as Jongha had told me many times before. I decided instead to read the comments and see what others had to say about the picture. Comments such as ‘Why are you so fit?’ and ‘Let’s play together ;)’ littered the feed causing an acidic taste to rise in my mouth. I hated what other’s were saying to him: he deserved better than some s that wanted nothing more than a good time that would be forgotten the next day ... and it seemed as though he was falling for it as well. The replies he left were just leading the creeps on more.

 

Without thinking I went to dial his number, only remembering what Jongha had said as the dial-up tone played in ear. I didn’t know what I was going to say or even why I was really calling. We weren’t together anymore and so I had no right to talk to him about the other’s did I?

 

Luckily after one or two rings the answer phone kicked in. It made me sad to think he could just reject my call in an instant yet I was somewhat relieved that I didn’t have to talk to him – I would end up making everything worse. He was his own person after all and now it seemed as though he wanted nothing more to do with me: and so I’d let that happen ... after I liked the photo.

_______________________________________________________

            “How could you?” I jumped in my seat when two hands landed on my shoulders. It was lunch time and I was seated at the same table as usual with Jongwoo by my side and Chanyeol opposite me. It had been relatively quiet, all of us lost in our thoughts until the other twin came along, and he wasn’t too pleased.

            “What?” I asked as Jongha slid into the seat next to the giant and slammed his books onto the table. This caused half the cafeteria to look over, including 'him', and all I wanted to do was melt into the floor.

            “You liked his picture,” the angry twin hissed as he brandished his chopsticks. I stared at him, confused for a moment before the memories of yesterday and my wallowing in self-pity came back.

            “Oh yeah,” I muttered, flinching when Jongha made a motion of slicing my throat. Many people would think the poor boy was overreacting and being a little too dramatic over something as small as a ‘like’ but to Jongha, social affairs were a big thing.

            “You better unlike it before I unlike your face,” he threatened causing his twin brother and Chanyeol to burst into fits of laughter that resounded around the whole room. The people staring before became more curious after this: some even leaning closer in their chairs.

            “God Jongha, calm down,” Jongwoo sniggered with a hand over his face before he pulled me into a hug so I could bury my beet-red face into his shoulder. I was embarrassed to say the least and the fact that ‘he’ and the rest of his friends were watching intently wasn’t helping at all.

            “Urgh whatever,” Jongha sighed before tucking into his food: the suddenly change of character surprising us all. Seeing that it was over, everyone who had been watching went back to their food. I did so a moment later, only to stop when a shadow fell across the table. Looking up, I noticed it was him and my breath immediately caught in my chest.

            “Thanks for the like,” he winked before walking away: leaving us all shocked in the wake of what just happened.