'Mummy Meet-up'

Our son - HAITUS

Hello!

Come and join the 'mummy' club!

Please leave a comment^^

Sophie :)

______________________________

“And he didn’t even cry!” I comforted a distraught Baekhyun as we sat in the middle of a café. Today was Chanyeol’s first day of school and Baekhyun was very emotional. He had expected Chanyeol to have held onto him and cried about not wanting to leave his ‘umma’, but instead, the little virus had smiled goofily at his father before running off to play with the other children.

“I’m sure he’ll be fine hyung. He’s a big boy and I’m sure the other kids will love him,” I reassured Baekhyun as I waved a spoon of baby food in front of Minwoo. The two year old was being difficult and refusing to eat, only waving his hands in the air and turning his head away when the food came within an inch of his face.

“But what if he’s not … shall I check on him?” Baekhyun asked as he started to stand up. Immediately I reached forward and pulled him backwards into his chair.

“Leave him be hyung,” I smiled before frowning at Minwoo and pulling him into my lap. I was dreading the day Minwoo had to leave to go to school. He was my little snugly bug that would never grow up in my eyes; he couldn’t. Jongin and I took equal time off work to look after him and being my child, he took up most of the space in my heart, the rest saved for Jongin, my family and banana milk.

“He’s my baby though,” Baekhyun whimpered as he sipped his coffee and watched Minwoo who was squirming in my hold. He was in a cranky mood and had been for the past few days as he was teething and it was really taking a toll on my patience.

“Have you and Kris ever thought of adopting another baby?” I asked absent-mindedly as I tried to pry my muffin out of the toddlers hand and place a pacifier into his mouth.

“We have but I don’t know. I don’t want Yeollie to feel like we don’t love him anymore because he will always be my little virus,” Baekhyun sniffed. I glanced up to see him with teary eyes and I couldn’t help but sympathise with him.

“Personally I think Chanyeol would love a brother or sister,” I stated. I was suddenly surprised when I saw Luhan holding hands with his son and making his way towards us. As soon as Minwoo’s sight latched on to Yukwon, he slipped out of my arms and jumped in his place on the floor with his pacifier hanging from his lips. I laughed as Yukwon hurried over to Minwoo and poked him on the shoulder before showing him his new car. Yukwon was three and Minwoo two, but they were best friends. Minwoo was only a few months behind Yukwon and they would be in the same year at school, giving me a little hope for the future. Yukwon was obsessed with my little boy and would do anything to make him happy.

“Hi hyung,” I smiled at Luhan as he joined us. He plopped down into one of the seats and placed an apple juice box on the table before letting out a loud sigh.

“Good lord that boy moves quickly. As soon as I mentioned Minwoo, he was gone like a rocket,” he smirked as he greeted Baekhyun as well. We laughed together as we continued to chat in the café, watching the two boys out of the corner of our eyes.

______________________________

“I see that,” I sniggered as Luhan lifted his bangs and revealed a forehead that was covered in black pen lines.

“He drew on me whilst I was taking a nap,” Luhan pouted. Baekhyun continued to snigger as he felt over the lines on his friend’s forehead. I chuckled along only to stop when I caught sight of someone I hadn’t seen in years. I hadn’t seen him since the engagement and it struck a sick feeling into me as I watched his figure push a buggy across the café. I looked down as he walked near us, choosing a table right next to us. Taking a deep breath, I knew I couldn’t ignore him.

“Kyungsoo-shi?” I asked. Immediately his head snapped up and looked at me. As soon as he registered who I was he smiled and came over to join us.

“Taemin-shi, how are you?” he smiled as he moved the buggy backwards and forwards. I was about to speak when I felt a tug on my arm. I turned to see Minwoo looking at me with big eyes.

“Shhh Dada, babies are sleeping,” he spat over me as he placed his finger to his lips and hushed me. I laughed once before turning to Kyungsoo.

“Sorry, this is my son Minwoo,” I explained as I shook his hand. He smiled at Minwoo and ruffled his hair before turning the buggy to reveal two angel-like twin boys sleeping happily side by side. Baekhyun, Luhan and I all cooed loudly as we faffed over the children.

“These are my two boys, Jongwoo and Jongha … named after Jongdae, their father,” he quickly added as I frowned. I was pretty sure they were named after Jongin but I shrugged it off. It was me who Jongin chose in the end.

“They are just too cute,” I squealed as I pulled Minwoo into my lap to look at the babies.

“This is Yukwon,” Luhan introduced his son as Kyungsoo watched the little boy tugging at Minwoo, trying to get the attention of his friend who was intently watching the twins. Yukwon gave up after the nth time, stomping his foot before walking back to his father and burying his head into his shoulder. Minwoo, who by now had grown bored of the two sleeping babies, jumped down from my lap and moved off to find his friend. I smiled once before going back to talking with Kyungsoo and everyone else. It seemed as though Kyungsoo would fit into the ‘mummy’ club very nicely.

“Dada?” I was pulled from my conversation with Baekhyun when a teary Minwoo climbed into my lap and patted my face. I wrapped him in my arms before kissing him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked as I had my shirt fisted in two small hands.

“Yukwon hyung isn’t talking to me,” Minwoo sniffed immediately. Before I could even reply, Yukwon was ripping Minwoo from my grasp and taking him off to the small play pit that was on the other side of the café. I smirked at Luhan once before we went back to our conversation, the two toddlers in the crèche in the forefront of our minds.