of Diapers, Messes and Cross Dadas

Our son - HAITUS

 Hello - here's a little drabble from when Minwoo was a baby.

I'm getting there with the final of 'Little Green Monster but I'm a little stuck at the moment. Please hang in there and wait for me!     

In the mean time, please enjoy this and don't forget to leave me a comment - they're much appreciated.

Sophie :)

_____________________________________________  

“Owww Minwoo, my god,” I held the baby at arm length with nothing but disgust on my face as the smell of messy diaper hit my nose. I could see Taemin eyeing me from the corner of my eye, his body shaking as chuckles echoed around the room along with the sound of the baby in my hold cooing.

          “Come on Jongin-ah, you have to do it someone when. You’ve avoid this long enough and now it’s your turn to do the dooty duty.”

          “The what?!” I asked as I laid our son down onto the changing mat and started to pull things out of the draw; not before making sure he was safe and secure and wouldn’t roll off the top!

          “The dooty duty,” Taemin chuckled as I shook my head. As soon as the diapers and lotion were all set up and ready, I held my hand over my nose before wriggling Minwoo’s little shorts down his writhing body. “You have to use two hands babe.”

          “Yah shhh,” I hushed my husband and rolled my eyes before slowly using both my hands to undress the lower half of my son. It was vile and the smell; enough to bring tears to the eyes of grown men. I coughed, retching slightly before I lifted the diaper out from underneath the baby and rolled it up – glad when it was in the bin.

          “God, it’s not that bad!”

          “Yes it is. How do you do this?” I asked as I wiped Minwoo’s bottom. The baby was happily chewing on a rubber duck he’d found on the mat as he cooed and gargled away.

          “Cause I have to!” Smiling, I lifted my son’s legs and slipped the other diaper under his body before positioning his legs and securing the item around his little body. Lifting him into my arms, I bounced the happy boy in my arms and carried him down the stairs, following Taemin.

_________________________________________________

Minwoo was eight months now and chirpier than ever. His most recent obsession was his duck toy, given to him by Luhan for his ‘one month’ birthday, and also the little penguin Pororo. There was no way Minwoo could understand what the colourful creatures were saying but it seemed to make my little boy happy as he watched the colours dancing across the screen.

          “Gah!” Minwoo chirped before throwing his teething toy across the room and straight into my foot. I laughed and stood from my place on the couch before lying on my stomach so I was at the same height as the baby.

          “Nuh-uh baby boy,” I chuckled when I was just given a toothy grin by Minwoo making it too hard to be cross at him.

          “What are you two up to?” I looked up to the doors to see Taemin with Yukwon in his arms. The one year old was wiggling and squirming; whining to be put down and as soon as that happened, the toddler ran towards us. He plonked down onto the mat before ing his favourite teddy bear into Minwoo’s face and giggling.

          “Yukwon?” Sehun then appeared at the door, an exasperate look on his face.

          “You ok?” I asked as my friend crash landed into my recliner with exhaustion on his face.

          “No, he’s been driving me nuts,” Sehun sighed before shooting glares towards his son. “Luhan’s visiting his family in China so there’s no one to help with that devil.” I couldn’t help but chuckle at the poor male as he watched the way our two children interacted.

          “Well, I learnt how to change diapers today,” I grinned proudly.

          “You only just tried it?” Sehun smirked when I nodded before shaking his head. “Oh dear Jongin.”

          “What?”

          “Nothing, nothing.” Our attentions were turned to the children when a squeal came from Minwoo and soon wails erupted into what was peace. In a second, I’d scooped my baby boy up into my arms and was bouncing him as he continued to screech. His little fists bunched up my shirt as his cries slowly decreased to whimpers and soon a tired little boy with tear stained eyes was leaning against my chest.

          “What happened?” I heard Sehun asking a guilty looking Yukwon who he had in his own clutches and was bouncing as he walked around the room.

          “Minnie …” Yukwon’s bottom lip wubbered as he sent glances between my son and the toy in his hands. “Minnie.” He repeated before holding the toy out. We both looked at each other, confused before we moved closer together. Yukwon was leaning out of his father’s arms, reaching for my own son and when they were closer enough, he latched onto Minwoo and pushed his lips against the side of his head. Minwoo just blinked, staring at his friend through wide eyes before he reached for the toy and snatched it into his own grip. I could only laugh at the two before we were interrupted.

          “Food for the babies!” A cheerful Taemin said as he waved a spoon in the air before he disappeared back into the kitchen. I shrugged before slipping Minwoo into his highchair and getting the spare travel seat for Yukwon. “I’m just going to the shop, watch them will you.”

_____________________________________________________

          “What happened here?” Taemin screeched as he came through the back door with his hands filled with shopping bags. He was met by the sight of Yukwon and Minwoo sitting on the floor whilst baby food was splattered everywhere. Sehun and I were sitting at the table, exhausted after the hour food fight it took to even get some substance into the mini devils we called our sons.

          “Jongin?”

          “Huh?” I asked, nearly asleep with my head resting on my arms.

          “What’s going on?” I could hear the anger in my husband’s voice and lifted my head to see him hoisting Minwoo onto his hip.

          “We should be going … thanks.” An awkward Sehun muttered before standing and picking up Yukwon. With a cheeky smile, the duo were out the door in a flash leaving me with a grumpy partner and a pleased baby.

          “How could you be so irresponsible?” Taemin hissed as he wiped around Minwoo face and tried to remove some of the blended chicken and rice. I stood, moving the messy highchairs before trying to mop at the floor.

          “I didn’t … I … they.”

          “You are hopeless. You know that? You couldn’t even change our son’s diaper,” Taemin shouted causing a once happy Minwoo to jump and burst into tears. I watched as Taemin shot me a glare before bouncing the baby, but not having any luck with the little boy who continued to wail at the top of his voice. Silently, I moved forward and took Minwoo in my arms. Slowly, the little boy stopped his screaming and looked at the two of us through large, glassy eyes.

          “Dada is a meanie isn’t he?” I joked, smiling at the little boy. I held my breath as I looked at my lover, hoping he wasn’t taking me seriously. Luck was on my side and he sent me a fake pout, lips pushed out adorably.

          “Shhh! Woo-ah don’t listen to him. He’s a liar,” I laughed and passed Minwoo back to Taemin who kissed him on his fluffy little head.

          “Come on,” I felt a tug on my hand and turned to look at Taemin. “Forget about this for now.” And so we settled down as a family, Taemin under my arm and Minwoo stretched out across our stomachs as we watched Pororo and forgot about the mess in the room next door.