Little Green Monster (Part 5)

Our son - HAITUS

Hello lovely subbies!

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year. This part (Little Green Monster) seems to be going on a little longer then I had expected - I hope you don't mind.

As always please leave me a comment to tell me what you thought and I wish you all the best for 2014! 

Sophie :)

_____________________________________________________

After the class, I soon realised that Junhong had the personality of a lost puppy. As much as I tried to shake him off, I couldn’t as he followed me through the crowded corridors to my next class. His enormous height didn’t help me, his eagle eyes not helping either as I scurried my way round people; not wanting to meet anyone along the way. Reasons as to why he wanted to follow me ran through my mind; maybe he was a bully? Maybe he wanted something? All I knew is that I had to get away from him. Why would he be so kind in the first place? He definitely wanted something.

Stopping to catch my breath, I glanced around and sighed in relief when there was no sight of the giant. Without stopping any longer, I hurried into the classroom and slumped into my seat; closing my eyes as I prayed no one would bother me. I wanted a quiet class time for once. The last one had been hell as the tears continued to flow, ruining my books but my mind was far away from anything the teacher was saying.

“Stop running hyung, it’s no good,” I swallowed as I looked up to see Junhong towering over me with a serious expression on his face. “Even if you want to be alone, you could help me. I am new,” he scowled with emphasis on the ‘new’.

“Sorry,” I mumbled as I looked at the desk, guilt washing over me. Junhong was only following me as he knew we had class together and didn’t know where to go. I felt like kicking myself for thinking he wanted something and may harm me. He was a friendly person who was just a little lost, that’s all.

“It’s ok,” he smiled. “Is it alright to call you hyung?”

“Uh ... sure,” I said as I glanced up to look at him, confused as to why he wanted to befriend me. I wasn’t in one of the cliques that were popular. Our friend group was only made as we knew each other since we were younger.

“So, can I join you for lunch?” I looked at Junhong and his puppy eyes, cursing as he found a soft spot in me.

“Sure, there aren’t many of us, just a few,” I forced a smile onto my lips. It wasn’t that I was trying to be cold towards Junhong, but after the last class, I didn’t feel like talking. I didn’t want anyone who wasn’t a close friend to find out about what had happened. Every time I thought of that evening it made me feel sick to the core and I didn’t want to do anything. It didn’t help that everyone in our group knew already.

“Thanks so much. I was worried I wouldn’t find anyone who would want to talk to me,” Junhong looked sad for a moment before sending me a breathtaking grin and looking towards the front of the class. The teacher had just walked in and he didn’t look like he was in a good mood. The wrinkles on his forehead looked deeper set then before and he wore a permenant scowl across his features.

“As one of you decided it would be funny to stick my trousers to my chair last time, I thought we could have a few tests this class,” he held up a thick wad of paper with ‘Chapter 7’ scrawled across the front. I felt a frown form on my face, wondering whether I knew the right material. I hated it when teacher’s gave us surprise tests.

“But Sir, we haven’t read Chapter 7,” someone further towards the front shouted out. A sinking feeling came into my stomach as the papers were being given out. One was slung at me, which I thankfully caught, and I quickly scribbled my name on the front; praying I would know some of the answers at least.

“So? You should have and so now here’s your test,” the room fell silent after those words and it was only Junhong who hadn’t receive the paper yet. “Oh, and welcome to my class Mr Choi,” he smirked before slamming a test down on Junhong's desk.

___________________________________________________________

Slowly Junhong and I made our way through to the courtyard. I was showing Junhong where everything was in case he needed it whilst my mind was focused on controlling my breathing and expression if Yukwon and Jia were to show up. Much to my relief, the pair were sitting at Jia’s friend’s table which we passed as we made our way over to where the twins, Jongup and Chanyeol were sitting.

“Hi Woo-hyung,” Jongwoo was the first to greet me. I sent him a small smile as I sank into the seat next to him on the bench and he wrapped a reassuring arm around my shoulder. Junhong just stood there awkwardly; his long arms wrapping around his body as he shivered a little.

“This is Junhong,” I motioned for him to come and join us at the table, to which he complied and took the only empty seat next to Jongha and opposite Jongup. “He is in most classes with me and is new to school,” I explained. Everyone around the table nodded and greeted him; Jongha asking his age and grumbling when it turned out the twins and Jongup were still the youngest in the group. Jongup, on the other hand, resorted to staring at the new boy quietly with a blush spread across his cheeks.

“You’re twins?” Junhong said; half sounding like a statement, half sounding like a question as he looked between Jongha and Jongwoo, confusion etched across his features.

“Yup, I’m older by six minutes,” Jongha said proudly whilst Chanyeol sent him an impish like grin. I smiled as well, the feeling rather relaxing after a stressful morning.

“Woo was everything ok with Yukwon this morning?” Chanyeol, our other giant, asked as he shovelled another spoon of rice into his mouth. I sent him a glare, raising my eyebrows in Junhong’s direction before motioning me chopping his neck. Chanyeol just laughed before placing a hand over his mouth.

“Oh so that’s his name, Yukwon?” Junhong asked drawing attention to him and causing me to curse internally. Luckily, Jongwoo saw and stepped in.

“Yeah, Yukwon-hyung and Woo-hyung had a ... misunderstanding and they aren’t really on good terms at the moment,” he explained causing me to snort. Misunderstanding was the light way to put it.

“Oh, I’m sorry hyung,” Junhong smiled kindly at me. I just smiled back, leaning further into Jongwoo’s side and hoping this would all come to an end quickly.

_________________________________________________________

“Yah! Woo-ah, guess who I saw the other day?” Chanyeol asked rather loudly as we made our way to the recording studio his parents owned after school. We had been assigned a project in music class, both senior and junior years were mixed for music and some other classes, to write a song in four weeks. Luckily Chanyeol was quick to jump forward and grab me as a partner, dodging Yukwon, and as soon as school was over he was dragging me to his haven.

“Who?” I asked, not really paying attention as I thumbed through my Twitter feed, laughing at the ironic quotes that popped up.

“Ken and Ravi.” At that I stopped and stared at Chanyeol, excited butterflies filling me.

“YAH! Why didn’t you tell me earlier nimrod?” I asked as Chanyeol stopped beside me, a cross look on his face.

“Is that anyway to speak to your hyung?” he asked. I quickly shook my head, wanting to know more about our old friends from nursery that I hadn’t seen since summer camp two years ago.

“Sorry hyung, anyway, what did they say?” I asked, brushing him off.

“I’ll tell you inside,” he winked before carrying on a brisk walk to the recording studio. I sped up, having to almost run to keep up with his long strides. Soon the building came into sight and we quickly entered, the receptionist letting Chanyeol in with a breeze and we were soon shown to a private booth. Kris, Chanyeol’s dad, owned the company and so we were given star treatment; Kris giving Chanyeol whatever he needed.

“Ok ... tell,” I begged as we dumped our bags and lounged on the sofas against the wall behind the mixing desk.

“Well, Ken finally confessed to Leo and it took a little getting used to but they are finally together. Ravi, on the other hand, broke up with Nina and is now going after, do you remember Hakhyon? Well yeah,” Chanyeol trailed off. I stared in awe, happy for my friends and slightly jealous that Chanyeol got to see them.

“When are you meeting them again?” I asked, eyes shining with the hope that I could join him.

“Uh, next Saturday, at Yukwon’s party,” Chanyeol coughed out. Immediately my hopes disappeared and anger settled in me. He was having a party and I wasn’t invited? Yes, he was cross at me but he knew Ken and everyone else were my friends that I had wanted to see since the camp and hadn’t gotten too.

“Hey, Woo-ah don’t worry. You can be my plus one,” Chanyeol smiled brightly; obviously seeing my reaction to the knowledge. I jumped up, giving him a bone crushing hug before heading to the sound deck and preparing to write this song.

“Ok, let’s get started.”

To be continued ...