Little Green Monster (Part 4)

Our son - HAITUS

Hello lovelies,

I present you with the next instalment of 'Little Green Monster'.

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think!

Sophie :)

________________________________________________

Emptiness, that’s all I felt as I lay on my bed, the covers strewn around me and the tv on in the background playing quietly. Tissues littered the floor along with books and my iPod that had been used to try and distract me, only failing as I returned to the soft cove in my mattress and cried my eyes out.

I felt stupid as well. It wasn’t like we had been together or that he actually liked me. It was my head that had tricked me and now was making my heart ache as the pieces were lying shattered throughout my body. The knowledge that I had bought this all on myself was the thing that kept the tears flowing and the snot running as I wallowed in deep, self loathe. If I had just kept it to myself, not lunged forward and let the moment cloud my mind, I would be fine, he would be fine and not hate me probably as much as I hated myself.

Then again, if I hadn’t taken the chance, I would never have gotten to taste those lips I often dreamed about. I would have never experienced the small fireworks that exploded in my heart for the second before I was violently pushed away and my hopes were shattered.

I had spoken to Dada and I decided, after one more day of self loathing, I was going to get over him. A bastard who couldn’t take other’s feelings into account shouldn’t even have my heart in the first place. I would still have to go to school but hopefully Jongha, Jongwoo, Chanyeol and Jongup would be there for me on that morning. It would really show me who my friends were and who was worth keeping around.

“Now go shower and sleep, you’ll be exhausted tomorrow,” Dada kissed my head before smiling motherly. I nodded, not in the mood for smiling before traipsing up the staircase and into the bathroom. I weakly pressed the button, striping and slipping into the cubicle when the light signalled the water was warm.

My muscles slowly unknotted as the warm water pounded along my back. The liquid cascaded down my frame as I just stood there, loving the feeling as my mind cleared. I popped the cap of the shower gel, squirting it all over my body and massaging every inch of myself as I let the aroma into my head. Memories were triggered and I found myself unconsciously smiling as I rinsed everything clean and stepped out into the steamy room. The towel felt so soft against my sink, same with my clean pyjamas and I slipped into bed, happy and ready for a long night’s sleep.

_________________________________________________

As I walked through the corridors of the school, my footsteps seemed to bounce off the walls and rebound further down the hall. My mind wandered, not in reality as I made my way slowly to class, dreading having to see anyone along the way. Thoughts of how they may react to me clouded my head and drove me mad as I found out Yukwon had already told them last night when I checked social networking sites. I stopped, butterflies fluttering in my stomach before I pushed on the light wooden door and slipped into the room. Looking around I spotted no Yukwon and so let go of a breath I didn’t know I was even holding. I made my way to my desk at the back before sliding into my seat and pulling my notebook from my bag; doodling across the top of the pages.

I was only stirred from my scrawling when the seat was pulled noisily from the slot beside me; legs scraping across the floor and making a horrible screeching noise. I clenched my teeth before flipping the cover over the book and glancing up to see a new face. He was abnormally tall from what I could tell and had a head of blonde hair. A snap back cap was placed cautiously on his head and in his hand he gripped his bag and skateboard.

“Is this taken?” he asked, an angelic smile spreading across his face. I nodded mutely before shuffling over to the side to allow him some space. He slumped onto the chair, hunching his shoulders so he didn’t look so tall before slinging his bag up onto the bench.

“I’m Junhong, you?” he asked after a small silence.

“ M-minwoo,” I stuttered, cursing myself before extending my hand. It was enclosed within two very soft, warm hands and I could feel myself relaxing before the heat was snatched away and he pulled his books from his bag.

“Nice to meet you. I’m new here,” he said as he doodled along the top of his paper. I smiled, noticing how his drawings were cute and cartoon-like, unlike mine that were of shattered hearts and crying boys. A bitter, bile built up in the back of my throat as my eyes scanned the room again, noticing Yukwon entering. He looked different somehow, more buff and angrier than before. I shrunk in my seat causing Junhong to look up.

“You ok?”

“Yeah … uh~” I was cut off when the chair in front slammed into my desk. I jumped out of my skin, looking up to see Yukwon glowering over me. I had to try hard to stop a whimper escaping my lips as he glared causing a spark of interest in the giant boy next to me. Without sparing me another glance, Yukwon plopped into his seat and leant back in the chair, casually popping bubble gum as Jia sauntered her way to his lap. I had to look away as my heart seemed to split a little more. I glanced down at my book, tears gathering in my eyes and blurring my vision as I prayed for the torture to stop.

“Minwoo-shi?” A hand landed on my back as the first tear rolled from my eye and down off my chin on to the paper. I sniffled before drawing my hand up and wiping my eyes, not looking as Yukwon turned in his chair. I heard the huff and could almost see the smirk on his face as the leg of my bench was kicked again.

“Queer,” he snarled. “Why are you crying you big baby?” The hand on my back rubbed harder before an arm wrapped around my shoulder and pulled me into a lanky, thin side. I noticed the teacher walk into the room and straightened up, sending Junhong a small smile as a thanks before focusing solely on the old woman at the front as she babbled away.

To be continued ...