Little Green Monster (Part 6)

Our son - HAITUS

Hello lovelies,

Here is the next chapter to our escapade which I believe will be coming to an end soon.

BUT this will not be the end for this family!

As always, please leave me a comment - all you silent people.

Sophie :)

________________________________________________________

“Minwoo, sit still and shut up,” I glared at Chanyeol’s head from my place in the back of his car. That glare was returned soon in the front mirror with just as much annoyance as I had portrayed; shutting me up as I turned to sulk out the window. We were on the way to school, tomorrow being the day of Yukwon’s party. I was too excited to see my old friends and just the thought of being able to rub the fact that I was there in Yukwon’s face when he didn’t invite me in the first place filled me with a guilty glee.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, Chanyeol barely able to hear it as he flicked on the radio and started to blast some ear-splitting crap someone had been able to force feed to the innocent fan girls of the country; earning millions in the process whilst brainwashing the younger generation. I closed my eyes, exhaling a long sigh from my nose before bringing my hand to my temples and rubbing. It was only quarter to eight in the morning and I had already gone from one extreme emotion to the next, my mood completely ruined.

Looking out the window, I noticed a figure walking along the pavement; lanky figure tall like the giant in the front. I immediately noticed it was Junhong.

“Hey hyung, pull over,” I almost screeched as I jumped in my seat. Chanyeol frowned, obviously thinking something was wrong as he pulled the car to the side and turned to look at me. Without looking at the driver, knowing I would only get a disapproving stare, I wound the window down and shouted out.

“Junhong! Come on,” said boy looked up from his iPhone, grinned, and bound towards the small vehicle with a smile plastered across his face.

“Hi hyung, Chanyeol-shi,” Junhong bowed as he stood outside.

“Morning,” I chirped. Chanyeol heaved a sigh causing Junhong to look at him in surprise. In return for his act, I kicked his seat, hard; the punishment I deemed fit for not asking if Junhong wanted to join us. Getting the message, Chanyeol asked the tall boy to hop in the back, which he did and soon we were in the campus car park.

__________________________________________________

“So what’s this I hear about you crashing Yukwon hyung’s party?” Jongwoo asked as he casually propped himself on the locker next to mine. I rolled my eyes, plucking the right books from their place and slipping them into my bag.

“I’m not crashing it. I’m just going as Chanyeol’s plus one,” I shrugged as we made our way through the white corridors. Students came against us in a steady stream as we forced our way through to my art room; Jongwoo had dance which was in the next building along so we often walked together.

“Awww, I was hoping for some action,” Jongwoo pouted as we arrived in front of the door. I just rolled my eyes, sending him a friendly punch before shoving on the door and making my way inside.

I loved art but hated it at the same time. My favourite part of the class was when we got to talk to friends and just paint whatever we likes, it was rather therapeutic, but the downside was we had to show our process at the end of every class. It didn’t help that Yukwon just so happened to be in this class as well.

“Into your places, chop chop,” Miss Shin, the wild and untameable art teacher barked as everyone else filed in. I noticed Junhong straight away as he made his way to the spare space next to my station.

“You ok?” I asked the boy on my right who seemed to be sporting a troubled look.

“Yeah, nearly got lost though, so many people,” Junhong seemed to pant out causing me to let out a short laugh.

“Ahem,” both of us looked towards the sound. Noticing the familiar figure looming over us, I shrunk further into my seat. Junhong just frowned.

“Yes.”

“You’re in my seat,” Yukwon glared at the innocent Junhong, tapping his foot impatiently as the giant sat up taller in his seat. A small whimper left my lips as I watched the two of the stare at one and other in defiance. I looked around the room, noticing that none of Yukwon’s other friends seemed to be in this class. I sat still, wondering why he would want to sit next to me suddenly, it nearly being a week that he had been ignoring me since the incident.

“There are plenty of others and I want to sit with my hyung,” Junhong said causing Yukwon to snort.

“Listen, you can’t tell me~”

“Oh Yukwon, find a seat now,” Miss Shin hissed as she peered over her glasses at the three of us causing a ruckus in her seemingly peaceful class.

“I’m new,” Junhong insisted, causing Yukwon to send him the finger before shuffling towards the front of the room and slumping into one of the empty seats.

________________________________________________________

“God, that’s so good,” I whined from my seat as I glanced over to Junhong’s canvas; jealously striking almost immediately in the pit of my stomach. The once blank board was still snow white around the edges, the middle a home for a realistic apple watercolour painting. I stared in awe at the piece before righting myself and looking back at my canvas. My own board now held a painting as well, not anywhere near as perfect as the one next to mine. Black and red, unreadable, words splattered across the pure background, tainting it. Looking at the piece of work struck a chord in me, making me feel sick as I read over what I had mindlessly worked one. I just wanted to get rid of it.

“Miss Shin?” I asked as I raised my hand. Her head snapped up in surprise. I was one of those students that rarely talked and just got on with what was going on around. She weaved her way through the stations, heading right for me with a smile on her face.

“Yes Minwoo,” she said as she neared.

“I don’t like it. I don’t want it,” I sounded like a child talking about an old toy as I pointed at the canvas. With the eye of a critic, Miss Shin looked over the piece, ‘tsch’-ing as she turned to me.

“Why not? It’s perfectly good,” she said before running her hands over one of the words I despised the most; ‘Jealousy’

“I just ... hate it,” I croaked out before looking away. To tell the truth I was disgusted, horrified at what I had created.

“I can get rid of it,” Yukwon approached, a can of paint in his hand. I just nodded, looking away. I glanced at Junhong’s work, amazed at the difference in the two pictures; one grotesque whilst the other was, heavenly.

“Ok,” Miss Shin agreed. I looked out the window as the paint splashed over the canvas, only to hear a loud shout and gasps. Quickly turning back around, I saw Yukwon standing with a smirk over his face and the black paint dripping over Junhong and his piece.

To be continued ...