Our son

Our son - HAITUS

Hello, 

Here is Taekai and baby everyone who could see this. I didn't attach it to the main story as some people didn't want that. So I give this to those of you who wanted it. 

Sophie :)

_____________________________

Smiling, I looked down at the baby who was happily chattering away in its crib. I felt like I was on air and didn’t want to come down. My adopted baby son Minwoo was gurgling as he grabbed his feet and tried to lift them in the air. I smiled once more at the baby before turning to fold some of the mountain of baby clothes that lay around the room.

Minwoo had been allowed to come home us long before he was meant to and so the we weren’t as prepared as we had hoped to be. When baby Minwoo had arrived home, he only had the bare minimum of a cot, bottles, bottle warmer, nappies, changing table and a baby bath. I had quickly sent my husband on a mission to find anything else they needed and being Jongin, he bought practically the whole store. So now I was at home trying to sort through the piles of baby products.

“Bah!” I looked over to find my son wobbly standing, using the frame of the bed to lift and steady himself. I quickly hurried over to the baby and lifted him out, placing butterfly kisses all over his face and throwing him in the air.

“Minwoo-ah! You’re so smart baby,” I praised the child as he giggled and gripped onto my hair; drool slowly making its way down his chin. Shifting the baby to my hip, I headed down the stairs to start cooking dinner. It was already late-ish and the baby wasn’t sleeping meaning I was behind and wouldn’t have dinner ready by the time my tired husband shuffled through the door. Quickly, I slipped Minwoo into his bouncer before moving the contraption into the kitchen and beginning to prepare vegetables for our meal. However, I hadn’t even cut one carrot when the baby started to cry.

With worry filling my head, I pulled Minwoo from the bouncer and hugged him; moving around the room to find out why my baby was wailing. I smelt Minwoo’s nappy but that bought up nothing. He had eaten only moments before when they were in the room and he was too bouncy to sleep. I couldn’t work out what was wrong as I cooed at the small baby and tried to get him to stop his wails.

“Minwoo-ah, what’s wrong? Tell Dada,” I was beginning to grow desperate. I was about to lay the baby down again when the door opened and my husband walked through with a bag of take-away in his hand. Raising his eyebrows, Jongin reached for the baby and took him in his arms. Within a second of Minwoo being in his Appa’s arms, he stopped crying and instead snuggled into the warmth of his father. I just stood there dumbfounded. What?

“Were you giving Dada a hard time, huh?” Jongin cooed as he lifted Minwoo to his face and nuzzled his nose into the baby’s tummy. I let out a small chuckle before I grabbed the take-away and poured it into two bowls; the aroma of rice filling my nose. I motioned to the table as Jongin slipped into one seat with Minwoo still on his lap.

“How was my little chappie today?” Jongin asked once he had shovelled a spoon of rice into his mouth whilst bouncing the baby on his knee.

“He was an angel until around ten, fifteen minutes ago when he was wailing and urgh,” I scrunched my nose as I started to eat my dinner. I savoured the flavour of take-away; one that I rarely got to taste. The rice was fluffy and the sauce was perfect. MMmmm.

“Aww, don’t be too hard on Dada,” Jongin smiled as he tickled Minwoo’s small stomach. The baby let out a loud gurgle before squealing and wiggling in his father’s lap.

“Does that make you happy Minwoo-ah? Maybe I should do that more often,” I pondered as I watched the happy little baby gripping as his feet and rocking back and forward. “Now it’s bedtime.”

“Do you want me to do it Tae?” Jongin asked as he finished off his dinner; rubbing his stomach in satisfaction. I only nodded, wanting to give Jongin time with his son after a long and busy day at work. I smiled as I watched the two of them disappear up the stairs before turning to the sink and washing up the dishes. I didn’t want to run the water and wash the dishes from the dinner but I couldn’t leave them there to rot. Sighing, I rolled my sleeves up and got to work.

______________________________

I was placing the last dish in the cupboard when two arms wound themselves around my waist. I smiled as I turned around in the strong arms and my heart stuttered as I came face to face with my husband. A kiss was promptly placed on my lips before I could even mutter a word and two hands planted themselves on my hips. I bought my hand up to hold Jongin’s cheek as we stayed in silence and just appreciated each other.

“How was your day?” I asked as I lay my head onto his shoulder and relished in the moment.

“Like usual, I couldn’t wait to get home and see my boys though.” Jongin’s laugh sent vibrations through me and I chuckled along with his. I pushed back slightly, wanting to drown in the sight that was my gorgeous husband. Our eyes met and I smiled, waiting.

“You know, we haven’t had our time lately,” Jongin said as he my forehead; pushing my hair back so he could kiss my cheek. I nodded and hummed in response as my eyes darted to the door.

“What about Minwoo?” I asked as I had thoughts of the baby waking whilst we were in the middle of something. What if something happened and we didn’t hear the baby crying? Or what if we woke Minwoo?

“Don’t worry babe, he’ll be fine,” Jongin smirked as he kissed me once and took my hand; dragging me towards the stairs. Anticipation and excitement filled me as I quickly followed Jongin up the stairs and along the corridor into our room. I leapt onto the bed, watching as Jongin removed his shirt. In that moment, I felt as excited as I had when it was our first time. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and I suddenly became sweaty as I waited intently.

“Now, where to start?” I jumped when Jongin’s voice came right next to my ear. I glanced up to find his face inches from mine, on his knees. I jumped slightly backwards before lunging forward and pressing my lips against his, the excitement starting to get to me. A shiver ran down my spine as his tongue ran over my bottom lip and I had to stop myself from biting his in an effort to get into his mouth … and then his pants.

“Hey slow down Tae,” Jongin warned as we both pulled back when the burning in our lungs grew to be too much.

“But I can’t … we haven’t done this in ages,” I whined as I tried to force myself onto again. And then it happened. A shrill filled the room from the baby monitor on top of the dresser. I groaned once before shooting Jongin a look that said ‘go and sort out your son’. We were just about to ‘get it on’ when what I said would happen … did. Annoyance replaced the butterflies as I rolled over on the bed and willed the raging hard on in my pants away. Why did we even try? Slowly, I got off the bed and headed through to Minwoo’s room.

Glancing through the door, I saw Jongin standing next to an empty crib, rocking backwards and forward. I smiled a strained smile as I joined my husband across the room. I looked down into his arms to see a sleeping angel, smiling gently in his dad’s arms. It was then that all the annoyance from our interrupted session vanished. It was hard to feel annoyed with the tiny baby that was floating through dreamland with no worries in the world.

“Cute, isn’t he?” Jongin’s voice interrupted my thoughts. I nodded and sent him a grin before planting a kiss on his lips.

“Just perfect.”