A Decision to Make

Wind Beneath My Wings

Chapter 19: A Decision to Make

 

You went outside, and Donghae was still there but you didn't notice him. When Kyuhyun was about to follow you, Donghae blocked his way.

 

Kyuhyun: Hyung, what are you doing?

Donghae: How long are you going to keep this up? You had her, but you choose to break her heart. You kissed my noona, yet you made a fool out of _____. Listen, if I see her cry again because of you, I won't hesitate to punch you.

Kyuhyun: Stay out of this, hyung. This is none of your business.

Donghae: It is. Because I'm in love with her.

Kyuhyun: What? She's my sister.

Donghae: So what if she is?! I had enough. You're lying. I know who she really is. She's an angel. I was given an angel too back then. I won't be able to stand seeing her cry again because of you. Leave her alone.

 

Since that day, you avoided Kyuhyun, even in school and you no longer stayed in one place. You asked Donghae to help you get a new room. He comforted and made you smile until you can say that you are ready to fall in love again. Yoo Mi, on the other hand, was happy because finally, she and Kyuhyun will celebrate their first month as a couple.

 

Yoo Mi: I told you, my plan is perfect.

Donghae: Yes, but does he love you?

Yoo Mi: We're going to do something tomorrow. And that includes you and _____.

Donghae: Are you insane? You know she's still in the stage of moving on.

Yoo Mi: I know. That's why I have another plan.

 

Another month has passed, and Kyuhyun fulfilled the promise thanks to Yoo Mi and Heechul. Finally, you stopped thinking about him for a while. Before you went to bed, Leeteuk appeared all of the sudden.

 

Leeteuk: My angel, it's been a while. How have you been?

You: Angel superior! *bows*

Leeteuk: No need to be formal, _____. It seems like it was hard for you to forget what HAPPENED. But tomorrow, that 100 days that I gave to you will come to an end. Luckily, Kyuhyun fulfilled the promise and you'll decide whether you would choose to be a full pledged angel or to become a human.

You: My friends, were so nice to me. I became attached to them, even just for a while.

Leeteuk: I know, _____. That's why I'm here. You have to make a choice soon. Become a human just like your dad, or be an angel just like your mom. But there's no turning back.

You: I have no reason to stay anyway.

Leeteuk: *pats your head* Make a wise decision, arraseo?

 

Leeteuk was gone once again. And this time, Donghae called you.

 

Donghae: _____?

You: Annyeong, oppa.

Donghae: Are you free tonight? Lets have dinner together.

You: Arraseo, that would be great.

Donghae: I'll pick you up in an hour.

 

He ended the phone call. He was at his car, looking at the night sky.

 

Donghae: I can no longer handle this, _____.

 

An hour has passed, and Donghae picked you up. You wore a mini dress, and heels and he took you to an outdoor restaurant. Then he excused himself for a while.

 

Donghae: I'll be back in a while. Go ahead and sit down, ____.

You: Eh? Okay then.

 

The place was filled with lights, and the ambience was calming. Looking around, there was a table, with a laptop, tons of wine, and there was a person sitting there.

 

"_____, I've been expecting you."

 

Who could that person be?