Ghost

The Lost Diary

D.O was carrying many notebooks in his arm. Their teacher will check it if they were really taking down notes. It's one of their requirements. Because it's heavy, he rest first and put down the notebooks. When he's going to carry it again, he noticed that one notebook was on the floor. He picked it up and put it to the stack he's carrying. Thinking that it just fell.

 
He continue to carry the notes in the teachers office.
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
Dear Diary,
 
I don't believe in love at first sight...
 
That's until I saw her.
 
-Baozi.
 
 
 
 
Being a class representative, Xiumin was inside the teachers offce, talking with his homeroom teacher. After that he was already walking out  when another teacher called for him. 
 
"Hey, student"
"yes sir?"
"Bring this to the lost and found. I think it was just randomly put in here" the teacher said and handed him a notebook.
"Yes teacher" he get the notebook and walk out.
 
Out of curiosity, he look inside the notebook
"A diary huh?"
 
he continue walking but stopped when he saw a girl reading peacefully on a bench. She was so cute. Xiumin was mesmerized by the sight in front of him. Suddenly, the girl looks up and saw him looking at her. Xiumin removed his gaze from the girl and when he look again, the girl was no longer there. He tried to look for her but he didn't saw her.
 
The image of the girl never left Xiumin's mind. Her hair, her chubby cheeks, her whiteskin, her eyes. Everything. 
 
The he saw her again. The girl walk past him. He followed the girl and tap her shoulder
 
"Hey" he called
 
The girl turn around but it was not the girl he was looking for.
 
"yes?"
"I..I'm sorry" he said 
 
Xiumin hit his forehead.
 
"Aish what's happening to me" he said to himself. He started to walk again when she saw the girl again. Standing a few meters away from him. But when a group of girls passed by, the girl was gone again.
 
"she can't be ghost, can she?" he asked his self
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
The next day..
 
 
It was lunch break and Xiumin was going to the caffeteria with Luhan. When they saw Sehun.
 
"Hey bro" they called
"Hey hyung" Sehun replied
"What's up" Xiumin asked, he didn't see Sehun for a while
"Good" Sehun answered
"And in love" Luhan added.
"Really?" Xiumin asked
Sehun just smiled and said "Hayoung was waiting for me at the caffeteria
"who's Hayoung?" Xiumin asked
"his girlfriend" Luhan anwered
"oooh"
"but I'm still hurt, you already left me for that girl" Luhan said and act as if crying
"Stop kidding around hyung"
"I'm just telling the truth, before,your attention was only in me--" 
"There they are" Sehun cutted Luhan 
"See, you won't even let me finish, just by seeing her" Luhan whined, but of course it was all a joke. Luhan was just pretty close with Sehun.
"stop that Luhan" Xiumin said while laughing
 
They walked to a table where two girls where chatting.
 
"Hey" Sehun called
"Oppa!" One of the girls said and stand up. She was probably Hayoung, Xiumin thought but his gaze was focused in the other girl. He can't be wrong. That was the girl he saw.
 
"Baby, they are my friends, Xiumin hyung and Luhan hyung."
"Hello, I'm Xiumin
"I'm Luhan, his ex-boyfriend" Luhan joked
"Hyung!" Sehun whined and Hayoung just laughed
"Just kidding, I'm really his ex-girlfriend" and they laugh again
"I'm Oh Hayoung, Sehun oppa's girlfriend"
Xiumin saw how Sehun blushed when Hayoung said the word girlfriend.
"This is my friend, Yookyung" she introduced Yookyung to Xiumin and Luhan, since Sehun already knows her because they were classmates.
"Hello, my name is Hong Yookyung" she finally introduced herself
 
Yookyung, Xiumin thought, cute name, suited for a cute girl like her.
 
They chatted for a while and he can't help not to look at Yookyung once in a while. Yookyung caught him and just smiled at him.
 
"Hayoung-ah, I need to go first, maybe Naeun was already looking for me"
"Naeun? The pretty girl? I think I just saw him with the dancer" Luhan said
"Dancer?"
"Are you reffering to Kai?" Yookyung said
"ah yes, that Kai guy" Luhan answered
"Yookyung ah, I never thought that you're close with Naeun, aren't you in a competition with each other?" Sehun asked
"what competition?" Xiumin asked
"Being first in the top 50 list" Hayoung answered
"Naeun was first in all Juniors right?" Luhan asked
"yes, she is" Yookyung answered "but were not competing against each other really, And were actually good friends"
"ah but unni,  just stay with us here, since she's with Kai right now" Hayoung said
"okay"
"where's your friend Namjoo anyway?" Sehun asked Hayoung
"having an argument with Kyungsoo oppa" she answered
"D.O really likes to argue with girls. Is he gay?" Luhan asked
And they just laugh
"My princess!" the four of them was shocked when Luhan shouted. They look at a girl who was walking out of the caffeteria.
"Excuse me guys, just have to attend to my princess" Luhan said then left and follow the girl.
"Yoon Bomi?" Hayoung asked "he likes her"
"he's crazy about her" Sehun answered
"Isn't she the girlfriend of the basketball team captain?" Yookyung asked
"Yes she is" Xiumin answered
"buy how about Luhan oppa?"
"that's why we called him crazy"
 
 
 
 
The next day, Xiumin was walking on the school grounds when she saw Yookyung. She's sitting on the bench again. Reading a book while eating. He went to her.
 
"Yookyung-shi"
"ah, sunbaenim" she stand up and bow
They sat beside each other and  Yookyung offered him some of  her food.
"Do you want some?" she offered
"What's that?"
"steamed buns"
"thanks. I love those"
 He get one and started to eat when suddenly, Yookyung chuckled.
"Why?" He asked
"These buns look like you" she said
He laughed "you too, you have chubby cheeks too" 
 
They chat more before they went to their own classes and seems that they're getting close with each other.
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
Dear Diary,
 
I'm not scared of ghosts...
 
 
 
It's already late in the evening when Xiumin went out to buy some snacks. He just feel like going out. On the way to the store, he need to pass by the park. The park was a lively place in daytime, but turns the opposite at night. It was so quiet and some of the lampposts were not working. There is also a big tree near the playground. The cold wind made him shiver as it also made the swings creak . In short, the place was creepy.
 
He tried to ignore it and just walk straight ahead. When he's getting near, he saw a girl in a white dress running. He stopped in his track and was frozen as he watch the girl dissappear behind the big tree. 
 
Xiumin gulped and slowly continue to walk, which turns to running. He look straight down the road, holding the urge to look at the tree.
 
He successfully made his way to the convenient store. He bought some chips, two bottles of soda and two steamed buns.He don't even know why he bought snacks for two people. Maybe because of what happened in the park. He need to eat alot to forget what he saw. After he's done, he step out of the store and sighed
 
"How can I get back?"
 
He's not afraid of ghosts,that's what he believed. But he don't like the idea of seeing them. Because he don't want to see their  faces that were full of blood. Bulging eyes that were so red, messy hair, super pale or maybe even rotten skin. The ones that were shown in movies.
 
He's getting near the park 
 
"Maybe I should just run again as fast as I can"
 
One... Two...Three he counted and he started running until he heard someone crying.  His mind tell him to keep running but his body was opposing it. He started to slowdown. There's something that urged him to see who's crying.
 
He gulp before entering the park, he quietly walk until he got to the tree, his heart beating fast, the cry was getting louder. There's no one behind the tree. But he can still hear sobs, suddenly he heard something creak. The swing. He slowly peek and there he saw a girl, the one he saw earlier. She was sitting on one if the swings while crying.   Xiumin can only see her side and her hair was covering her face.
 
"I should go now" Xiumin thought. what he saw was already enough . If that thing saw him, maybe it would hunt him everynight. His plan was to run home once he get's out of the park. But everything failed when he stepped on a dry leaf.
 
"" he cursed himself
 
the girl stop crying and slowly turn to him
 
Xiumin wants to close his eyes. This is it, he will be seeing the ghosts face, her bloodshot eyes, her pale face covered in blood. The glare that can the hell out of him. He wants to close his eyes and run. But damn, his body won't do what he thinks, he can't move.
 
The girl turn to him. And all of his earlier thoughts were vanished. He never seen a ghost that was so pretty and so innocent. She have pale skin, but it was not covered in blood. She don't have bloodshot eyes, just puffy due to crying. And her cheeks, it's the cutest thing of all. The girl in front of him was not a ghost, it was an angel. Because it was definitely Hong Yookyung in front of him.
 
"Xiumin sunbaenim?" She asked
"Y-Yookyung shi?"
 
 
 
 
"What are you doing here alone at night? And why are you crying?" he asked her. they were sitting on the swing. When Xiumin realized earlier that it was Yookyung, he felt a pang in his heart seeing her crying.
"just some family problem"
"are you okay now"
"a little" she then forced a smile
"here, eat this"
"huh?"
"steamed bun."
"thanks" she said and smiled "how about you? What are you doing here?"
"Just want some fresh air. But then I saw you"
"could you possibly thought of me as a ghost? You look pale and scared earlier"
"Uh..uh well" hesaid as he scratch his nape and they just laugh.
 
They were surrounded by silence until Yookyung sighed 
 
"I just don't get it! Why do I have to be the perfect child?aish"
Xiumin just look at her.
"You know why I'm crying? It's because my parents scold me for not being first. What can I do if Naeun was smarter than me? Can't they just be happy that I'm the second? It's not like the lowest rank.  They said something like I'm not studying well, maybe I just always go to clubs, and waste their money and such. Ugh! I'm a high school student! how can I get in to clubs?!"
 
"Uh... I'm sorry for that" Yookyung said as she realized she just rant there infront of Xiumin.
"I never thought that you're like that, you're always prim and proper. Ah come with me"
"where?"
"someplace where you can release your stress"
 
 
 
 
they got up and went to a hill not so far from their village. Whey they got on top,  they were awed by the beautiful sight of the city.
 
"Now, scream all you want, say whatever you wanted."
"You bring me all up here just to scream?"
"yeah, screaming might not solve your problem but it's good to lessen the stress. And you can't scream on the park, you'll disturb the neighborhood."
"yeah right, thanks, but how should I do it?"
"like this"
 
"YAAAHH! HONG YOOKYUNG! FIGHTIIIINNGG!!!!!" 
He scream and Yookyung chuckled before screaming
"YAAHH! OOOMMMAAA! AAAPPPAAA! PLEASE LET ME BE MYSELF! I'M SORRY FOR NOT BEING A PERFECT DAUGHTER YOU WANT! BUT I'M TRYING MY BEST!  I WANNA BE ME! I'M JUST A NORMAL GIRL PLEASE LET ME ENJOY MY LIFE!"
 
"YAAAHHH!!! YOOKYUNG SHI!!! EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE FIINNEE!" xiumin shouted
"SUNBAENIIIIIIM!! GOMAWO!!!
"OPPA!!! CALL ME OPPA!" 
"ARRASEO!! XIUMIN OPPA!"
 
They sat as they laugh nonstop. 
 
"This is fun" Yookyung said. They rest for a while before Xiumin stand up again
 
"YOOKYUNG AH! DON'T YOU KNOW THAT IT HURTS ME TO SEE YOU CRY?!!"
 
Yookyung stared at his back as he scream. Even Xiumin can't believe what he was screaming but he still continue
 
"NO MATTER WHAT, I, KIM MINSEOK PROMISE YOU! THAT I WILL BE HERE IF YOU NEEDED ME!"
"BECAUSE THIS OPPA WANTS TO PROTECT YOU! PLEASE LET ME PROTECT YOU AND YOU WON'T BE SAD AND CRY AGAIN!" 
 
"YOOKYUNG-AH! SARANGHAEYOOOO!!"
 
Yookyung stand beside him
 
"XIUMIN OPPA!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF ME! I PROMISE I WILL BE A STRONGER PERSON AND WON'T CRY AGAIN!  I, HONG YOOKYUNG, LIKES YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!"
 
Xiumin stared at her as she smiled to him..
 
"oppa, I also promise that I won't scare you again!"
 
And they laugh their heart out again. They held each other's hand and smiled.
 
 
 
.....but I'm scared to see her crying.
 
That's why I promised to protect her.
 
So she will never cry again.
 
-Baozi
 
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
 
Xiumin was walking on the grounds when a bag suddenly fall infront of him. If he's a little faster, maybe that bag will hit him.
 
"Where the hell did this came from?"
He pick up the bag and went to the lost and found office, which was just beside the student council office.
 
When he's there, the door suddenly opened and a rushing Chen entered.
 
"Hey, did you see my...my bag!" He said and try to get the bag but Xiumin get it first
 
"hey hey, slow down boy" Xiumin said
"give that to me, that's mine" Chen said
"If you want to get your bag, have this paper signed first by you, your guardian and your homeroom teacher.
"Wait.. what? I didn't do any violation to do those, I'm the one who lost my bag"
"you throw it out, someone can be hurt if this bag fall on them"
"first, I don't throw it out. Those bullies did. And no one was hurt right so give me my bag.I don't need the signature of anyone. Here's my I.D. The only need thing needed was proof that it was mine right? I know the school rules."
"But you still..."
 
"excuse me, may I ask if you found a notebook. It's actually a diary. It's a purple notebook. It had some dry leaves and flowers on the cover."  a girl inquired to one of the students. Xiumin and Chen stopped arguing and try to peek at the girl. They knew that notebook she was looking for.
 
"Nothing like that was surrendered here yet"
"ah...is that so. Thanks anyway."
 
The girl already walk out
"can she be the owner?" They both said
"You know about the diary?" They both asked each other
 
"Jieun-ah, do you know that girl?" Xiumin asked the student that talk with the girl
"yes, she is--"
"yah come back her!" 
 
Jieun haven't finished her sentence because Chen grabbed his bag and ran out of the room fast. 
 
"Aish!" Xiumin try to follow him but he stop. he look at the hallways to see the girl who looked for the diary. but she's not around anymore.
 
And he also remember the diary
 
"Where did I put that again?"