That Annoying Guy

The Lost Diary

Dear Diary, 

 
He's annoying and I hate him...
 
 
..just kidding.
 
He's annoying, but I don't hate him.
 
-Goddess
 
 
 
 
"Naeun-ah, explain this to me again" Kai said to Naeun and showed her the problem on his math book
"Aish, seriously? I already explained that to you multiple times. You should get it already." She answered
 
"I'm not as smart as you" he pouted
"You're really annoying"
"I love you too" Kai said and smiled, Naeun scoffed but still teach him. It's not like she can do anything about it. 
 
Naeun was one of the top students in their batch while Kai is the opposite. She's on the top class while he's at the bottom list. They were not classmates but since exams were coming and they need to keep the schools' rank in being one of the best performing school,  excellent students like Naeun need to help those who were not so good. And Kim Jongin a.k.a the annoying Kai is the one whom she will be tutoring. 
 
It's not that she hate to tutor him, it's just he's really annoying for her. But she still somehow like the idea of tutoring him. Becauses the truth is, she's confused about what he feels for Kai.
 
Naeun first met Kai when she joined the dance club. Kai was the one who first to approach her in that club and since then he never stops pestering her. 
 
But she really admire Kai's dancing. And he's also kind and sweet. He always help her when she needed him and always there to catch her when she's being her clumsy self.
 
"Hey goddess" Kai called her. 
"Shut up and solve that problem" she said not looking at Kai and just keep on reading.
 
Goddess was her nickname from Kai, he always called her that. And it made her heart flutter everytime he called her that. She believed that she's not the prettiest girl out there but it made her happy that for Kai, she's the prettiest in his eyes, or maybe that's what she thought. She might not show it but she's already falling for Kai.
 
"Naeun-ah" he called. Naeun tried to ignore him but he just won't stop
 
"hey goddess" he repeated while poking Naeun's shoulder
 
"yo"
 
"What?!"
"You're so cute when you're mad" He said
"Kai, can't you just keep quiet?"
 
"shhhhh! Be quiet both of you, you're inside the library." The librarian scold them
"We're sorry" they both said and the librarian get back to her table.
 
Naeun glared at Kai before reading the book again. Kai kept quiet and continue on his work. Naeun noticed a notebook in the table. She thought that someone just left it. She tried to look at the contents when Kai called her again
 
"Naeun-ah" He called in a low voice
"what again?"
"let's have a deal" he said smiling
"seriously?"
"listen to me first"
Naeun just look at him
"Okay, I will pass this exam and I will enter the list of the top 50 students. if I do, you will go out on a date with me" he said
"Really? Then what if you can't do it?"
"Uhmm...I will grant you one wish. Anything you want, I'll do it."
 
Naeun think about it for a while before nodding.
 
"Deal" she said
"Yes!" He said excitedly 
"Sshhhhh!" Naeun hushed him and chuckle. Lucky, the librarian didn't hear them.
 
"Lets get back to class" she said and pick up the books they use and return it to the shelf.
 
She wonders if Kai can make it to the top 50,she'd been teaching Kai for a week but he showed very little improvement. And the exam were only two nights away.
 
Meanwhile, Kai help in fixing Naeun's things.  And without knowing, he also put the notebook in her things.
 
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
 
The next day, it was surprising that Kai wasn't around. Usually, before the class starts, he will be waiting for Naeun at the gates.
 
It's already lunch break and Kai was still nowhere to be found. Naeun was looking around the caffeteria but there's no signs of Kai.
 
"Missed him already?" 
Naeun was startled when someone spoke. She turn around and saw Tao, he's Kai's classmate.
"Huh?"
"don't worry,  I won't bite you. And If you're looking for Kai, he's at the library."
"I'm not looking for him, but thanks anyway" she said. Tao smiled and she started to walk away
"Wait" he called
"Yeah?"
"I think he haven't eaten his lunch yet. Just saying" 
"Ah, thanks." She said before continue walking.
 
 
Naeun went to the library and saw a sleeping Kai, with many books near him. He looks so tired. He must be really studying  well. Exams will be tomorrow. 
 
Naeun stared at his handsome face for awhile before Kai woke up. He opened his eyes and was shocked to see Naeun
 
"Naeun-ah?!"
"tsk tsk, how could you pass the exam if you'll just sleep" she said
"I--I am not sleeping, I just closed my eyes for a while" he denied
"yeah, whatever. Come on" 
"Where?"
"You haven't eaten yet right?" She said and start to help with the books while Kai's face brighten up and smiled
"You care about me huh?"
"what? Tss I don't.  I care for myself. Even if you fail to be in the top 50, I still need to make sure that you'll pass the exam or the teacher will scold me.
 
After that they have lunch together and they review together for the exam. 
 
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
Dear Diary,
 
Today the results of the exam were finally out...
 
 
 
"Excuse me... excuse me"  Naeun said as she made her way to the bulletin board. many students were in front and looking at the top 50 students list. Naeun look the list.
 
 
1. Son Naeun
2. Hong Yookyung
3. Jo Yeowoon 
 
 
"Congratulations Naeun" she heard some students say. 
"Thank you" She said. She was happy that she was first again but she was still looking for another name, Kim Jongin. But it cannot be found.  
 
She go to another bulletin board and where the top 51 to 100 is posted and there she saw it.
 
53. Kim Jongin
54. Moon Jongup
55. Sung Shiwon
 
 
She smiled because he passed the exam. She get away from the crowd and look for Jongin. Her smile was big when she saw him but his face is serious.
 
"Kai!" She called and went to him. She can clearly saw the fake smile he's showing when she came
"Congrats on being first" he said then left
"Hey.." She called but he didn't look back.
 
 
 
Naeun  found Kai at the rooftoop talking with Tao.
 
"That's okay dude, look at me, I'm 73 on the list"
"but were on a different situation." 
 
Tao noticed Naeun and he stand, "I'll be going now" he said and tap Kai's shoulder.
Tao smiled at Naeun before going down. Naeun look at Kai who was looking afar. She slowly walk to him and sat beside him.
 
"Yah, Kim Jongin"
 
Kai ignored her and turn his back on her.
 
"Yah! Face me, what's your problem?"
"why are you here" Kai asked, not turning to her
"For my wish" she said
"I know it already"
"huh? I haven't told you yet how can you--"
"do you hate me that much?" He asked, finally facing Naeun
"Huh?"
"I know you'll wish for me to stay away from you and to stop pestering you right?  it already hurts that I need to stay away from you and hearing it from you personally hurts more"
 
Naeun didn't speak at first. She stand up and went near the railings and look at the sky. 
 
"Stupid Jongin." She muttered, Kai look at her and stand up. 
 
"That's why you fail to get in the top 50! I haven't even tell you my wish but you already conclude things on your own" she said and turn to him
 
"That's not what I'm going to wish for" she said and went infront of Kai.
 
"Then what is it?"
"my wish is...
 
 
 
 
 
...Kim Jongin, go out on a date with me" she said and smile
 
Kai was shocked but slowly, he started to smile
 
"Naeun-ah.."
 
Naeun started to feel embarrased
 
"B-but don't think that I like you! It's not like that! Its.. it's just because I know you work hard and study well. Being Top 53 is not that bad. you're not even on the top 100 before. .It's your reward for passing the exam" she explained stuttering.
 
"I didn't say anything about you liking me. You're just being deffensive" 
 
"No I'm not" she said and walk away
"Then why are you blushing?" Kai said following her
"I really hate you!" 
"I love you too goddess!"
 
 
 
...well, he lost in our bet, but he won my heart.
 
Yes, I'm in love with that annoying guy.
 
-Goddess
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
 
Naeun was getting her things on her locker, she also put the diary inside. She was shocked when someone hit the locker. She look at her right and saw Kai
 
"Yah, what are you doing?"
"nothing, I just get excited to see you"
 
she just smiled and closed her locker, without noticing that the diary fell out.