Bestfriend

The Lost Diary

 

Chanyeol can't move. He stand there, with week knees, a tear would soon fall from his eye. His heart shrunk as he stared at the couple in front of him. He feel a pang in his heart as he saw his bestfriend and first love hugged another man.
 
Slowly,he tried to close his eyes and walk away. Because he can'tvtake to see that Baekhyun and Eunji was now officially together.
 
As he took a step away from the couple, a tear finally escape from his eye, falling to a familiar notebook in his hands.
 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
Dear Diary,
 
I'm just the bestfriend.
 
And I hate that fact.
 
-Dobi
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol was in the garden, strumming his guitar. It was the only thing that hecould do so he won't think of Eunji and Baekhyun. But
lady luck was not pleased with him because he just saw Eunji coming.
 
"Chanyeol!!" Eunji called
"Hey Ji," he greeted 
"Chanyeol, I'm gonna tell you something"
"what is it"
"Me and Baekhyun were together now!" Eunji scream, she really looks happy.
"Wow, congrats Ji. And I can see that you are really happy. Just tell me if he hurts you and I will be there to the rescue!" He said jokingly, as if he didn't know
"Yes sir, but I doubt that he would hurt me."
"yeah whatever"
 
It was already a few days since Eunji had her transformation and Baekhyun's confession. He knows it, because as Eunji's bestfriend, she tell him everything. And that day, when Baekhyun confessed to her, Chanyeol can clearly see how happy she is.
 
After that day, he saw Baekhyun's effort for her. And he knows that the guy trully loves Eunji. Eunji also introduces Baekhyun to him a day after that. 
 
♥ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ♥
 
 
Dear Diary, 
 
 
Maybe I lost my first love...
 
 
 
A lazy sunday morning came and Chanyeol was just in his room when her mom called  him
 
"Chanyeol?"
"Yes mom?"
Her mom look at him and looks like she hesitating to tell him something
"Someone is looking for you"
"sure mom, I'll be there" he said and get up from the bed.
"It's Baekhyun" she said that shocked him
"It's fine mom"
"Then, okay" He walk out of his room and went down to the living room. He saw Baekhyun sitting in the sofa.
 
"Hey"
Baekhyun stand up
"hey Chanyeol"
"Why a sudden visit?"
"Just want to talk"
"let's talk in my room" He said and nudge Baekhyun to follow him
 
"Do you want to eat anything?" Chanyeol's mom asked
"Just the usual mom" Chanyeol said that made her mom smiled.
 
"Have a sit"
"thanks" Baekhyun sit in the edge of his bed.
 
"She's really talented" Baekhyun said.
Chanyeol look at him and see that he was looking at the paper that was pinned in his wall. It was a sketch of him while palaying the guitar. Chanyeol was smiling at that sketch. It was made by Eunji. 
 
The sketch that started everything.
 
 
It was an ordinary day at school and Chanyeol was sitting at the garden, playing his guitar. He was just in his first year in high school. Then a paper plane suddenly landed on his feet. he picked it up and examine it. He open the folded paper and saw a drawing of him while palying the guitar. It was beautiful. he smiled and look around, trying to find where did it came from. There's a few people in the garden, but he noticed that one girl that was walking out. He stand up and followed the girl.
 
"Hey" he called and blocked her way. He look at the girl and recognized her as one of his classmates. 
"uh?!" the girl looked shock
"is this from you?" Chanyeol asked and show her the paper
"uhm" she nodded " I'm sorry, just throw it away" the girl said
"why are saying sorry? i won't throw it away. It's beautiful. hey, your my classmate right? I'm Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol." he said
"My name is Eunji. Jung Eunji" she said
 
 
 
there was a knock on the door before it open and Chanyeol's mom get in with a tray in her hands.
"Here, have some snacks first" she put the tray that contains a plate of cookies and two cups of hot chocolate. "can you taste it? it's been a while since I last these"
 
Baekhyun nodded and then get a cookie, he took a bite then have a sip of the hot  chocolate. Chanyeol do the same.
"mmm, these were so good..a-auntie. Your sweets are still the best. I missed these" Baekhyun commented.
Chanyeol's mom smiled at him. "thank you Baekhyun. and I also missed to make those for the two of you. so, I'll go now" she said and left the two boys.
"these are still the best for you?"Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun nodded
"you know, i regret having a fight with you 'cause I have to missed these cookies and choco for 6 years"
"I missed these too" Chanyeol said and Baekhyun look at him
"You haven't eaten these since that time?" Baekhyun asked
"yeah, I don't want too, 'cause if do, i'll just remember you"
"you're talking as if I'm your ex-girlfriend"
"oh, but you are right?" Chanyeol joked and they share a brief laugh. somehow, it lessen the tense between the two boys. Even when the silence came back.
 
 
"Baekhyun-ah" 
"hmm?"
"Take care of Eunji" Chanyeol said
"you don' have to remind me"
"just saying"
 
"Chanyeol, I'm just if we can be just like before. I know that our situation is not really nice. I know that you like Eunji. but..."
Chanyeol sghed, "I guess that's just how it is.  Remember the time I told you that everyone in this world have a role to play in others life?"
 
Baekhyun look at him and nodded
 
"well, I guess I'm really good at playing the role of a bestfriend. I'm doing it in two person's life. You and Eunji. I'm always the bestfriend. why is it like that? Am I not fit to be a lover?"
"I don't know. But I remember another thing you said before, 'there's always the thing we called tommorow'. Maybe you haven't meet yet the person. but that role is already reserved for you"
"wow, how poetic"
"silly"
"here" Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a purple notebook
"what's this?"
"a notebook" Chanyeol said a matter of factly and Baekhyun just smled "try opening it" 
 
Baekhyun open it and turns out that it's not an ordinary notebook. 
 
 
 
It was a sketchbook. It's contains sketches of scenery, flowers and some random things, and Baekhyun. There were so many sketches of the boy inside. There is one when he was playing soccer, singing, or just sitting and others
 
" that belongs to Eunji, I found it somewhere at school. She's been looking for that. It's important for her"
"then why are you giving it to me?"
"I think you should see it, and return it to her"
"I already saw it. now take it and give it back to her"
"huh?"
"it's important to her right? she would be happy if she get's back. I don't want to take the credit because I'm not the one who found it."
 
"do you  still have your bike?"
"yeah why?"
"hey. since were reminiscing today, why don't we go there?"
"where?"
"to her. Don't tell me you already forgot about her?"
"of course not"
"then faster ParkChan! the one who's late will run after the bike!" Baekhyun said and run out of the room, he said goobye to Chanyeol's mom before heading out
"yah!" Chanyeol shout as he run but stop when he saw his mom, who was smiling at him.
"I'm glad he's back" she said, Chanyeol smiled back to her before continue to run out
 
"hey  ByunBaek wait for me!"
 
 
 
 
...but gained my old bestfriend back.
 
-Dobi