Chapter 7

Accept me

 Chapter 7:

 

“Jessica?”

Her eyes widen as someone called her name. She wiped the tears that she didn’t knew was there and turned to have a face to face with none other than Kris, she was surprised and absentmindedly placed her hand on her stomach, reminding her that the guy in front of her was the same guy who got her pregnant and confused.

“Are you okay?” He asks as he places his hands inside his pocket.

Kris didn’t know why he was there in the first place. He knew he needed to take a walk, take his mind off Jessica but faith didn’t want that, it seems that it wanted them to see each other and talk, he was so busy shying away from her that he didn’t notice that something might be wrong when he saw the crying face of the beautiful angel in front of him.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Her answered dragged him out of his thoughts.

He wasn’t convinced by her answer but he didn’t want to be annoying.

“What are you doing late at night?” He asked, absentmindedly walking towards her.

“Just clearing my thoughts away from reality.”

“Oh,” He stopped wide eyes because he was now standing beside her. “Do you want some company?”

This time, it was Jessica who was shocked. She doesn’t really understand him, he is ignoring her at school and now, he’s treating her like they were friends.

“Sure,” She says before the word sunk in her mind. There was a part of her who wanted him to be there but she didn’t know what it is.

“How are you?” He asks, trying to lift up the awkwardness around them.

“I’m okay.” She answers, looking everywhere except him.

“Are you always this quiet?”

“Around new people, yeah.”

“I’m new to you?”

“Yeah,”

“Alright,” Even his laugh showed awkwardness. “I’m Wu Yi Fan; you can just call me Kris.”

Jessica breaths, finally faces him and smiles. “Nice to meet you, but can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead,”

“How did you know my name?”

“Ja Hye.”

“Oh, that explains it.” She nods her and walks towards the swing while Kris follows.

“So,” He starts, scratching the back of his neck. “Have you eaten your dinner?”

“Yeah, you?” She answers as she sat and looked at the sky.

“No, but I’ll be eating later.” He walks behind her and holds the swing. “Do you want me to push you?”

Jessica is really confused right now. What’s wrong with him? She asked herself. “Sure,” Her answer made her confused even more. Why was she agreeing on everything he asks?

Kris smiled and pushed her gently. They talked some more while playing in the swing and laughing after a while like friends would actually do. They stopped when Jessica heard Kris’ growling stomach. She stood up and looked at him.

“Are you hungry?” She asks.

Kris looked away and nods.

“Why aren’t you eating yet?”

“I don’t feel like it.”

“Do you want me to accompany you?”

His eyes widen at the suggestion Jessica gave him, he looks at her and nods his head, this scenario had happened in one of his dreams and now that it’s real, he won’t say no.

“What do you want to eat?”

“Anything, what do you want?”

“Chicken!” Her eyes lit up while saying this.

Kris shakes her head, “Chicken is not my style.”

Jessica laughed and playfully punched him on the shoulder. “You aren’t cool when you said it.”

“I know but really, it’s not my style but if you want to eat some we’ll go.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah, let’s go.” He took her by the hand and pulled her towards a restaurant and ordered the food Jessica pointed. “Are you sure you’re not going to eat?”

“I’m fine.”

“But your stomach grumbled!” She pointed at his stomach and forced not to laugh.

“Jessica, I’m telling you that Chicken is not my style.”

She shakes her head. “You know you’ll eat your words.”

He raised both his hands. “I’ll stand by my decision.”

“Whatever, but don’t blame me when you eat your words.”

He smiled and that was the perfect time when their food came.  She looked at Kris, trying to convince him to eat but he rejects her looks and looked at the drink in his hand. Finally she gave up and started eating but she stopped after some time and placed a chicken on his plate.

“Just try, you’ll love it.”

Kris shakes his head but looks at the chicken.

“C’mon, for me?”

Kris balled his fist; her angelic voice remained with those words. He would do anything for her, even if it’s giving up his pride. That’s how much he loves her.

He took the chicken from his plate and looked at it before finally taking a bite. Jessica smiled in triumph and handed him a tissue when there was oil covering his mouth.

“Thanks,”

“See? I told you.” Jessica laughs and cleans her hands using a tissue. “You know you don’t have to act cool when you know you can just be yourself.”

Kris smiled and continued eating the chicken in his hand, he knew Jessica was right. He shouldn’t be acting like someone else when he knows he can be just himself. When they finished eating their dinner, Jessica insisted on paying the half but Kris shook his head and paid for their meal and pulled her towards the nearest ice cream shop.

“What do you want?” Kris asked as he orders his favorite ice cream which is green tea.

“Chocolate,” She then stops Kris when he pulls his wallet again. “No, let me pay this time.”

“Jessica, no.”

“What’s wrong about paying?”

“There’s nothing wrong, I would never let a girl pay for me, something I learned from my father.”

Jessica only stared at him and let him pay; she didn’t what to say after and just accepted the ice cream Kris is handing to her. They decided to eat and walk outside before Kris finally decided to her home; he really wanted to know where she lives.

Jessica didn’t want to agree about being accompanied home but when she saw how determined Kris is, she agreed and led the way with Kris beside her. They both bid goodbye and Kris left feeling satisfied, he knew what they did was considered a date, even though she doesn’t know it.

But what Kris didn’t know is that, Jessica knew inside her that it was actually considered a date since they were both alone ate together and talked. She knew all this things even though she hasn’t had a boyfriend yet.

 “Should I give him a chance?” She whispered to herself, recalling the night she spent with Kris.

She was now confused as ever. Kris seemed to be a great guy but she thinks that he’s still hiding something from her, something she knows she has no concerns with. She then decided to leave the problem for now and sleep.

The next day was a Monday and Jessica has a school so she went to get ready and face a school of strangers again.

“Hey,” She heard someone say as she opens the door.

“Kris!” She squealed, looking shocked. “What are you doing here?”

“I just wanted to walk with you to school if it’s alright with you.”

“I wouldn’t mind.”

Kris smiled and waited for her to lock the doors before leaving for school with Kris beside her. She took a deep breath, looked back and saw a confused Su Yeon staring back at her. She knew she would have to explain what is happening to her once she gets back.

“Did you sleep well?” Kris asked, dragging her out of her thoughts.

“Yeah, you?”

“Same,” Lie. Kris couldn’t sleep because of what happened last night.

They both reached school and Jessica was about to say goodbye when Kris told her he would her to her room, she couldn’t do anything but to agree.

It happened for one whole week, they were always together, they eat together and Kris would always her to her house and within that week, Jessica was now sure that she was giving him a chance. She’s finally going to tell him what she’s been hiding, she’s going to tell him that she’s pregnant and he is the father.

But all that changed when she saw him kissing another girl in front of his locker. Tears were suddenly falling from her eyes and she forcefully wiped them and ran away as far as possible. She was right all along, he was a player who would play with your heart for a week and throw you like trash when he’s done.

What Jessica didn’t know is that the girl forced him to the kiss; the girl knew Kris was in love with Jessica but she wanted Kris for herself. She knew she would do everything to make him hers and with Jessica out of the way, Kris can be hers, finally.

“What’s wrong with you?!” Kris screamed after pulling away from the girl.

“Don’t you feel anything?” She asks.

“No,” His firm answer made her step back,

“Why can’t you love me?”

“Why? You’re really asking me that?” Kris crossed his arms. “You’re plastic, Yunbin.”

And he walked away, leaving Yunbin flabbergasted.

 

Jessica got home after a few minutes later and locked the doors, windows and cried herself to sleep. She woke up, finally deciding.

She’s leaving.