Chapter 1

Accept me

Jessica's POV:

 

I hate my life,

 

Never did it occur to me to have any positive thoughts about myself. Why should I? It's not like I'm a special person, It's not like everyone wants to be with me. In all honesty, I'm invisble to almost everyone.

I'm actually adopted, I was taken care of an old couple who loved me and gave me everything I needed, no questions asked. They were very kind to me. They weren't those type of foster parents who adopted you just to have a maid in the house. No, they actually treated me like their own daughter, like I was born in the same flesh.

 

Well, this is the only thing I can say for my past.

 

"Good Morning Choco," I greeted as I pat the neighbour's dog on the head. He stuck his tongue out for me and barked when I was about to leave. "Be good," 

I waved once more at him and smiled when he barked at me again. I closed my gate, looked at the house for one last time before going to school. I decided to walk to school today because I love the way how the wind flows, it's not too cold and it's not too hot. It's perfectly fine.

I reached the school with 10 minutes to spare, I smiled at myself and just went straight to my locker, took the things I needed and went to the classroom without taking any second glances at anyone. Not even the popular crowd who wants to be in the spotlight every single minute.

"Jessica," I heard my name being called, I turned around to see Ja Hye smiling at me. A smile that she uses to get what she wants. "There's a party at my house this saturday, you think you can come?"

I stared at her, not knowing why should I go to a party at her house. "Sure," I managed to say.

"I'm counting on you." She flashes me another smile and walks off.

I'm actually confused right now. Why is Ja Hye, the most popular girl in the school asking me to go to her party? It's not like I'm friends with her, I don't even know that she knows me, but there's only one thing I know I would surely do. I'm not going to go to that party, I don't even know a lot of people here, let alone talk to some total stranger.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the teacher came, looking frustrated. He called our names, wrote some things in the board and starts talking, I decided to tune him out and started doodling about anything. 

Three periods had passed with a blink of an eye, making it lunch time. I decided to just buy some water and sandwich before heading towards the table outside. While eating though, I felt an eye staring at me. I looked around for those eyes but the results were none. 

"Weird," I muttered to myself as I take a bite on my sandwich.

The bell rang a few minutes later, indicating that we should better get to class. I groaned, enjoying the peace I got in my seat but I have to follow the bell.

I started walking towards my locker to get my things when I felt someone watching me again. I stopped, turned around and looked again but there's none. So I resumed my walk to my locker but after a few more minutes of walking, I finally heard footsteps. I stopped, he or she stopped.

I looked around for the third time but found no one. I shrugged, shook my head and didn't mind him or her again. I guess I'm just being paranoid again. I reached my lockers a few minutes later and quickly placed my things in my bag and speed walking to my next class. I guess you could say I'm having a panic attack.

"Thank you for coming, Ms. Jung." I heard the teacher say as she glares at me.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, walking to my seat with a head down.

My classmates were just staring at me the whole time, maybe wondering if I was even a part of this class, I shrugged it off and just went to make myself busy the whole period but there's no way I didn't notice a pair of eyes staring at me. 

 

Who could be looking at me?

 

I secretly looked around to see who could be the one staring at me but whenever I tilt my head no eyes are on me. So I just shook my head, telling myself that I'm just getting paranoid for the second time today, maybe I need to rest for now.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone say as he or she taps my by my shoulder.

I turned around to see a girl smiling at me. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" She asks. "You've been spacing out a lot."

"Yes," I forced a smile on her. "I'm fine, I tend to space out a lot when I have things stuck in my head that needs to be solved." I then pointed at my head and force laughed.

"Oh, okay." She then smiled at me. "I'm Hyomin by the way,"

"Jessica,"

"Oh I know," She smiles at me again. "You're coming to Ja Hye's party right?"

I stared at her for a moment. "I don't know, I'm still thinking about it."

"But you agreed," She protested.

"I know, but I don't want to go to a party where I don't know anyone." I was about to turn around again when she grabbed my by the arm.

"You know Ja Hye and me, that's enough right?"

I shook my head and turned around without saying anything to her anymore. I'm really getting confused more and more right now, how come Ja Hye and Hyomin want me to come to a party that I have no interest in?

The bell rang a few minutes later, making everyone dash out of the room, leaving me alone with some students who were busy talking to each other. I then went out of the room when I finished putting my things inside and went to the public library near my house to return I borrowed a week ago.

While I was walking, I passed by so many buildings that are so high, making me think what happens when the end of the world comes and destroys it, will the people inside die or survive?

I'll have to choose the first option, ofcourse no one would survive when the end is near, we'll all die, even I, the invisible girl will die.

I walked inside the library greeting the librarian inside, she smiled back and asked if I wanted to borrow more books, I nodded my head and gave her the book I borrowed and went for the Novel section, ever since I was ten years old, all I wanted to do is read and read and read, my foster parents didn't actually care what I do with my life, they were just there to remind me to be responsible for my actions because they won't always be there to correct my mistakes.

And now that I'm already seventeen, I've been really careful with the words that comes out of my mouth, I've been careful to anyone because you'll never know when or what mistake you'll commit in the future.

"Sica," The librarian called. I turned around to see her smiling at me. "Here's a good novel you might want to read,"

I smiled and took the book in her hand and looked at the back of it. The cover catched my eye but the description isn't too worthy of my reading. But since Nara, the librarian is a good friend of mine and a book lover like me, I decided to give it a try. 

I checked the book out without anymore looking for another and just went home to start reading. But before doing so, I changed to my pj's and did my night routine before jumping to my bed, reading the book Nara gave me.

But one thing didn't left my mind.

"WHY?"