Chapter 5

Accept me

Chapter 5:

 

Jessica’s POV

 

** A month later. **

 

So many things had happen in two months.

 

First, after the party, Ja Hye never spoke to me again. She’ll just greet me when we meet.

Second, I already knew the guy I slept with. Kris was his name and he’s not talking to me.

And thirdly, six weeks after the party, I started having morning sickness.

 

At first I just shrugged it off, knowing that I had eaten something bad but when it came back almost every day, I decided to see the doctor.

“Ms Jung,” The secretary called, making me immediately stand up from my seat. “You can go inside the room now,”

I nodded and smiled at her before entering. The doctor was a woman smiling at me when I entered the room and told me to take a seat on the available chair, once I did, I told her what I have been feeling for the past few weeks and how I have missed my period for this month.

 She raised her eyebrow at me and told me that she’s going to take some of my blood for testing, I just nodded my head and didn’t speak anymore because I’m actually feeling tired and dizzy right now.

Few minutes later, she came back and looked weirdly at me. I looked back at her with confusion and asked what’s wrong with me right now.

“Well, you kids these days know how to speed up the process.” She commented, sitting across me again and taking her glasses off.

“What do you mean process?” I asked, looking more confused.

“The process, . I mean.”

I looked at her wide eyed. “You mean…”

“Yes, Ms Jung. You are pregnant.” She then crossed her legs. “Who’s the father?”

My mouth hung open as I heard the shocking news. How can I be pregnant when I only had a one night with Kris? How is that even possible?

“It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me who the father is,” the doctor started, taking me away from my train of thoughts. “It’s just, I’m shocked to know that you’re… you know…”

I forced a smile on my lips. “It’s just a mistake, a mistake I know I would never do again.”

“What are you gonna do? Abort the baby?” She looked shocked and irritated.

I shook my head. “No, of course not! Why should? It’s a baby, a blessing.”

She sighs in relief, “You know, you’re the first one to say that, most of the young ladies who had situations like you would want to abort the baby, they even plead.”

I felt disgusted by just hearing those words. Who in the right world would want to abort a baby? I know it’s still too early to have one but what could you do? You have already made a mistake and you should just accept and move on.

“You should tell the good news to the father,” She smiles.

My eyes widen. Kris! What would he say when he learns that I’m carrying his baby?! Would he take it or tell me to abort it? What if he was like the others who would leave and ignore you? I can’t risk that, he can’t know.

“Ms Jung?” The doctor snapped her fingers in front of my face. “Are you okay?”

“Uh…” I started, scratching the back of my neck. “Yeah, I’m fine, well I better go.”

She nods her head and smiled. I left the building a few minutes later and went immediately back to my house, ignoring Choco and Su Yeon. I locked the door and windows and stayed on my bed, thinking of a keep this a secret.

 

►►

 

I woke up with the morning sickness again, reminding me that I am in fact, pregnant. I groaned after vomiting and walked out of the room shaking gently me head and opened the door to see Su Yeon standing there, crossed arms.

“Where were you yesterday?” She asks.

“I was at home, unnie.” I answered, feeling dizzy.

“Where did you go yesterday?”

I shook my head without saying anything and went to the bathroom. I still can’t stop vomiting. I forgot to close the door when I ran because Su Yeon immediately followed me. She tapped my back and asked if I was okay.

When I stopped, I looked at her. “I’m fine, just sick, I guess.”

“Are you sure? Do you need to see a doctor?” She looked really worried.

“No, I’m fine.” I was about to walk out of the bathroom when it came back and I was again facing the toilet bowl.

“Are you really sure?” She asks again.

“Yes, unnie.” I answered after wiping my mouth. “Can you bring me water?”

She nods. “Sure,” and leaves.

I breathed, shaking my head while debating on my mind if I should tell her what is really happening. I know I can’t lie to her but if I did say it, she might change and never talk to me again and if I don’t, I would really feel guilty.

 

What should I do?!

 

“Sica,” I hear her say as she walks inside the bathroom. “Here,” and hands the glass to me.

“Thank you,” I forced a smile and drank it.

She waited for me to finish before pulling me to my room. She made me seat on the bed while she stands in front of me.

“Now, can you tell me what is happening?” She starts, looking at me.

“I…” I started, trying to think of a lie.

“You know you can’t lie to me,” She reminds. “I’ll know when you lie.”

I took another deep breathe. “I don’t know what you’ll do when I tell you this,” I admitted, looking down.

 “Try me,”

I blinked and breathe. “I’m pregnant.”

I guess she was thinking that I would say something else because she was nodding her head, trying to understand what I just said but when a few minutes came she screamed at me.

“Unnie!” I shouted, holding her by the arm.

“You’re pregnant? Who’s the father?!” She screamed again.

“Unnie,” I called out, glaring at her.

“What?”

“I thought you were gonna leave and never talk to me again.”

She chuckled and cupped my cheek. “Why should I do that?”

“I don’t know… maybe because you realize that I’m not like the girl you thought I am,”

“Jessica, it’s only a mistake slash blessing.” She then rubbed my stomach. “This child is very lucky too, you know,” Then she gave me a pointed look. ‘You’re not planning to abort this kid, are you?”

“No! Why should I do that?!”  I then looked puzzled. “Why?”

“Because she has you as her mother, you’re very responsible and caring.” And she smiled. “Good,”

I blushed.

“And you know what your parents would say when they know that you’re pregnant?”

Without thinking, “They’ll kick me out of the house.”

She laughed. “No! They’ll be proud of you, knowing that you are going to take care of a child even though you are still young.”

“Would they really?” I asked.

“Of course they would, they may not be your real parents but at least they have loved you like their own and they’ll be very proud and happy when they knew that you are not going to run away from your responsibility.”

“They did teach me to be responsible.” I smiled at her.

She hugged me and pulled away looking puzzled. “Who’s the father?”

“Kris,” I answered.

“Kris?”

“A guy from school,” I shrugged.

“Does he know?”

“No! Why should I tell him?!” I almost screamed at her.

“He has the right to know,” She sat next to me and patted my head. “He’s the father of the kid.”

“I can’t, if I tell and trust him, he might leave me.”

“You won’t know when you tell him,”

“I just can’t.” I looked at the window. “I know we only had a one night stand and that’s fine with me. I can’t just let my child live knowing that her father is a play boy.”

“You might think that but the child needs and has the right to know who her father is even though he is a player. You can’t keep that away from her, would you?”

“If it keeps her safe and live without mess, I would.”

“What kind of mess are you thinking she would be in to? He’s not in a gang, right? He’s just a typical play boy.”

“I don’t know anything about him. He might be in a gang or something worse that no one knows yet. I just can’t risk her knowing horrible things like that.”

“You’re being negative and stubborn.”

“I just can’t.”

“You can’t or you won’t?” She asks.

“I… I don’t know…” I looked away.

“Look,” She starts, making me look at her. “I may not know anything about this thing but what I am telling you is true, you can’t keep the child away from her father, she has and will always have the right to know.”

“Unnie, I just can’t. I can’t risk anything.”

“You can’t risk anything?” She stood up. “Or are you scared that you might fall in love with the man?”

“I just can’t risk trusting anyone this days and I most definitely am not scared of falling in love!”

“Whatever you say,” She shakes her head and pulls me up. “I better go; I need to talk to my boss. See you later?”

I nodded my head, escorting her out of my house. When I closed the door, I walked back to the bathroom to take a bath, leaving all of my problems for the moment.

I finished, changing to my hoodie and jeans and decided to go and relax at the library while I read a novel.

While doing so, I saw felt someone seat beside me, I turned to my side to see Nara the one sitting. I tilted my head and asked what’s wrong.

“Are you okay? Why aren’t you at school? It’s still 2:30.” She said, looking at me suspiciously.

“I’m fine; I just didn’t feel like going.” I said as I turn a page.

“Are you sure though? I saw Su Yeon coming out of your house.”

“Yes, I’m sure. We talked for a while and she was called by her boss.”

“Oh, okay.” She nods her head. “Do you remember about the guy I told you about?”

“Guy?”

“The one I told you about asking me about you, the bad boy type of guy?”

“What about him?”

“He went here an hour ago insisting me to tell him where you live; it seems that he’s really into you.” She then crossed her legs. “He wanted to tell you that you missed two quizzes and an assignment that’s due Friday.”

“Did you tell him where I live? Did he leave a name? I could talk to him.”

She shakes her head. “No, and unfortunately, when I was about to ask his name, he turned around and ran out of the library. Weird, right?”

I nod my head in agreement. “I just wanted to thank him for doing this to me, he seems nice.”

“Nice and hot.” She smirked. “If I see him again, I’ll definitely ask his name.”

“You’re crushing on him?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Maybe,” A smile formed in her lips while she stands up. “Well, I better go.”

I closed the book I was reading and went out of the library, not wanting to continue reading the book. I kept walking until I realized that I was now standing in front of the park, I decided to seat on the swing and stay there for a while.