Chapter 16

Accept me

Chapter 16:

 

"Boyfriend?" Kris repeats, staring at Jessica.

Oh yeah. He then thought. Remembering the guy named SuHo who claimed to be her boyfriend. Kris sighs, taking a few steps back and looked at the door. Should I leave? Why did I even go here in the first place? Why her having a boyfriend did slip my mind?

Jessica saw the hurt in his eyes held and it made her guilty for telling - reminding him that she has someone else now. Someone who loves her for who she us even though she's confused with her feelings, but why did she feel guilty? Wasn't Kris the man who flirts with every girl? It was just a one night stand, so why does he care so much about taking back something he didn't even acknowledge few years ago?

"I gotta go," Kris then says, pulling her out of her thoughts. She stares at him as he heads for the door.

"Wait," She stopped and covered . The hell. She thought. Why was she stopping him? She wanted him to leave a few minutes ago. What does she really want? "Why don't you stay for dinner? We... We could talk about our situation afterwards."

He stare at her for a moment, contemplating on her offer but shook his head. "No thanks. You made it pretty damn clear you don't want me in your and our daughter's life. You have SuHo, right? Ask him." He then continued to walk.

"Kris, wait." She rushed and grabs his arm. "I didn't say anything about not wanting you in my and our daughter's life. I just can't agree to what you want. I have a life here. I have a job and a family."

"And Imo isn't your family? That's quite unfair, Jessica. You left Imo behind because you thought I was going to reject you. I don't even understand why you would even think that. Wasn't me always being there for you enough hint?"

"You've been with me for a week. A week! How the hell would I know you liked me? I am not a good observer, Kris." She stopped. "And me leaving Su Yeon unnie is none of your business. I didn't want to disappoint her."

"It's my business because I was the reason why you left. Remember? You broke her heart. She can't stop crying because you left her. And after knowing and reading your letter, I made it my mission to get you back to her."

She was shocked while staring at him. "You read my letter? That was for her eyes only!"

"She threw it at me. You should have written that line so she wouldn't throw it."

She rolled her eyes and balled her fist. She was getting frustrated with this guy. "Leave. I take it back. I don't want you to stay and have dinner with us. Leave now." She points at the door. "Leave!"

Kris laughed. She's so cute when she's angry. He thought. "Nope. You already invited me so there's no turning back now. So," he stopped. "What's for dinner?"

And at that exact moment, Sora walks in again on them and smiles. "You're staying for dinner? We're having fried chicken, Allie's favourite."

Kris' smiled and nod his head. "I'll definitely stay then. I haven't had fried chicken for a while." He looked back at Jessica who was glaring daggers at him.

"Oh, good! Sica, help me with the table." She smiled at Kris. "Go stay at the living room."

Jessica sighs and walked away following Sora. Kris smiled triumphantly and walked towards Allie's room where she was playing with Jaehee.

"Knock knock." He says and opens the door.

Both girls look at him and smile. "Come in!" They said in unison.

"Can I join you?" He asked, walking slowly.

He almost backed away when he saw the game they were playing. They were playing the usual and very famous game, tea party.

"Seat here! Seat here!" Allie screams as she stands up and pulls him beside her chair. "Jaehee, meet my uncle. Isn't he handsome?"

Jaehee laughs and nod her head. "Want some tea? Uncle?"

He breathes and nods his head. For him, this was too childish. Too feminine for him but then he remembered the reason why he's here.

 

He wanted to know more about the daughter he never knew.

 

They played for a while and it made Kris happy. He's been secretly trying to know about Allie that he realized how much she grew up like her mother, beautiful, simple and a girl who loved books. And in for a moment, he stared at her. He observed her face and body and realizes once again how she grew looking almost like her mom. Allie inherited her mother's eyes and mouth but what made him the happiest was the fact that she inherited some of his too. The ears, the nose and his chatty personality.

 

Why didn’t Jessica, Sora and Ji Woo noticed it before? He thought.

 

"Uncle!!" He snapped out of his thoughts and looked at both the little girls.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Dinner's ready!" Jaehee screams and runs away from them.

Both laugh as they stood up and when Kris reached the door, he noticed Allie was not following her so he turned around and saw her cleaning everything up. He froze and remembered what he realized. She did grow up like her mother.

"Allie?" They heard Jessica ask. Come down! The food is waiting."

"Okay!" She screams back smiling at Kris. "When did you and mom meet? I've never seen you before."

It shocked Kris because he never thought his daughter would ask something with a serious tone. "We were classmates in high school."

"Ooooh." Allie smiled. Thinking about high school. She always dreamed going to one. "When will I get to high school?"

This time, Kris smiled and went to help her. "You'll get there someday."

"When?" She whined, pouting. "When is that someday, uncle?"

His smile drops when he heard her say uncle. He wanted to hear her say "daddy or papa". Not uncle. But being in their situation right now, it might take a while.

"Allie! The food's getting colder!" They hear Jessica scream again. "If you don't come down now, Jaehee will eat them all!"

Allie immediately placed the last toy on the shelf and pulled Kris towards the dining room. She lets go when she saw SuHo sitting beside Jessica and holding her hand.

"Papa!" She screams, running and hugging him. "I missed you so much!"

Kris' smiled dropped when he heard her say 'papa' to SuHo. He wanted to leave but he wanted to punch SuHo in the face more. I was supposed to be the one being called 'papa' not you. He thought bitterly.

"Allie! How was my baby girl? Were you good today?" SuHo asked, hugging her back.

"Kris! Come join us!" Sora says, pointing at the vacant seat next to Jessica.

Great. Seat me beside the girl I love while watching her being all lovey dovey with her boyfriend. He thought.

Jessica took her hand away from SuHo and glanced at Kris as he seats down beside her. Her hands were shaking when she handed the food to him.

"Thanks," he said, forcing a smile.

"Try the fried chicken! You'll love it!" They then heard Allie shout and laughed when they saw how embarrassed she looked.

Jessica and Kris silently ate their food while the others talked. SuHo seemed to notice and held his girlfriend's hand that made her look at him. Kris saw the gesture and SuHo's eyes and instantly felt jealous and wanted to take her other hand if it weren't for her eating.

"What's wrong?" SuHo asked, squeezing her hand.

Jessica looked at him and squeezed back. "Nothing. Just got something on my mind."

Kris then mentally smiled. If she's got something on her mind then there's a 5% chance it was him she was thinking about. It was possible, isn't it? He was here, their daughter was there chatting happily with Sora and Jaehee. It may have reminded her the situation she created.

Jessica, on the other hand just wanted this dinner to be over. She wanted to go up to her room, lock the doors and think about the situation she created. She wants to sleep and cover herself up with the comforter and forget all of her problems for the day but she pushed that want away.

 And when it was all done, they all cleaned up and said their goodbye to SuHo who had to leave early because he has an 8 AM meeting, the little girls went up to Allie's room and Sora washed the dishes.

Now the only ones left was Jessica and Kris.

"Thanks for the dinner. The fried chicken was so good. Even better than what we had 5 years ago."

She looked at him and sigh. "Why are you bringing that up?"

"Cause I want you to remember the good times we had."

"Stop talking about the past, Kris. You live in the present day. Live it."

 

He looked at her and without thinking kissed her, hard.

 

She was tempted to kiss him back but the thought of SuHo and their relationship stopped and push him away.

"What the hell? What do you think you're doing?!"

Kris stares at her and smirked. "Kissing you, obviously."

"Why'd you do that?! You know I have someone else!"

This time it was Kris who glared at her. "I know. You freaking made it clear the whole night."

Jessica stared at him.

"And looking at both of you made me sick. I wanted to punch him on the face. I wanted to take you and Allie away back then but held myself back. I didn't want to make a commotion." He stepped closer. "And you know what? I'm done with you ignoring me. I'm done asking." He cornered her once more and leaned beside her ear. "I'm taking what is rightfully mine, even if you agree or not."

"You're too close." Jessica only managed to say. She was blushing. That's a fact.

Kris laughed. "I am going to make you fall in love with me and make sure that you would choose me instead of your little boyfriend." He then stepped back. "Well, I'm off." He turned around and waved at her.

But before entering his car, he screamed, "Be ready!"

 

 

►►

 

OMG. I am so sorry for not updating for so loooooooong! I had a problem and it caused me to stop writing.

It took me like, 8 months? Before I started again and it's all thanks to the book I read yesterday.

"All the Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven. I recommend that book. She's so awesome! ☺️ 

Oh, and don't forget to tell me what you think! Byieeeee ❤️‍❤️‍