Chapter 13

Accept me

Chapter 13:

“Mom!” Allie screamed.

Jessica turned around to see her daughter running to her direction with SuHo and Ji Woo following behind. She smiled and patted Allie’s head before resumed cooking their dinner. Allie playfully growled at her and went running towards the back yard with only Ji Woo following. SuHo on the other hand stopped and hugged his girlfriend from behind.

“You got to stop chasing Allie. She might throw a vase at you or something.” Jessica commented after placing the knife down.

SuHo snickered. “Fine, then I’ll chase the mother instead.”

Jessica rolled her eyes and wiggled her way out of SuHo’s hand and went across him, smirking and taking her apron off. This made him laugh and immediately attack her with kisses, giving her no chance to escape.

“Ewe.” They stopped once they saw Allie standing by the door with Ji Woo behind her. “Grandpa!!”

Ji Woo laughed, scooped Allie and took her away from her mother. They lounged at the living room watching some cartoons while SuHo followed a few minutes later, explaining that after Allie saw what they were doing, Jessica kicked him out.

“If what you’re saying is true, then he’ll be here to win you back.” Mi Young suddenly said, leaning on the door with arms crossed.

Jessica involuntarily screamed and pointed the knife at her friend. “Geez! You could’ve at least greeted me or something! You almost gave me a heart attack!”

“Sorry! I’m concentrating on the fact that Allie’s real father is here lingering near you guys.”

Jessica groaned. “Haven’t you been listening to what I said before?”

“I did, but I chose to ignore it.” Mi Young then went to stand across Jessica. “Look, Sica I know you practically hid you and Allie away from the guy but isn’t it unfair for SuHo, Allie and Kris?”

“What do you mean unfair?” Jessica stopped, sat on a chair and waited for Mi Young to continue.

“You didn’t think about the consequences of your decision, did you?”

Jessica only shook her head.

“It’s unfair for SuHo because his your boyfriend and he’s been with you for 5 years and you’re still not in love with him.”

“I am in love with SuHo!”

“Are you sure?” Mi Young raised an eyebrow. “It seems to me that you only answered him because you felt pity. You only said yes because he’s kind and you knew that if you agreed to be his girlfriend, you’ll forget about Kris. But that that didn’t happen, now did it?”

Jessica glared at her friend. “That’s not true. I’m in love with SuHo!”

“Then tell me why you still haven’t moved on with the fact that Kris is here.”

“I…” She stopped, not knowing what to answer.

“See?” Mi Young tapped her shoulder. “Don’t search for answers in that thick skull of yours and see that the answer lies in your heart.”

“Why are you like this Mi Young?” Jessica asked, looking at her. “Why are you making me confused about my feelings for SuHo?”

“I just don’t want to see anyone getting hurt.” She then went for the door. “You know what to do when you see the answer. And remember, one of them will get hurt in the end. You can’t save them all from hurting, anyway.”

Jessica stared at Mi Young’s retreating figure looking flabbergasted. She never saw this side of her friend. She only thought that the only thing that comes to her friend’s mind is shopping.

 

Who knew someone who you never expect to get serious could say things like that?

 

When Jessica first met Mi Young, the first thought that came to her mind was that she’s a joker; she’s someone who wants to make people laugh. She knew nothing about her at first but when they became closer, they started to open up about things that they thought they could only hide inside. She is also the only person who she confessed about Kris and about this mess she created for her and her daughter.

“What have you done, Mi Young?” She whispered to herself as she stood up to check if what she’s cooking isn’t burnt yet.

 

►►

 

After the talk with Eunji, Kris decided to take a walk before facing Tao. He needed the time to think without him persisting about Jessica.

“Should I leave?” He asked himself as he looks at the sky.

He went to a place that deserted, that’s why he knew no one would answer him. He sat on the ground thought for a while before finally lying down and sleep.

 

Flashback:

 

“Hold on,” Kris said, smiling wickedly.

“What?” Jessica asked, confused.

“I want to ask you something.” Kris then went in front of her and cupped her cheeks. “Do you want to hang out after school?”

She only stared at him.

“Hang out, see a movie and eat together. Do you want to?”

She only nodded her head and tapped his shoulder and went ahead to attend her class. Before following, he jumped happily and asked sent a text to Ja Hye asking if she knew what movie is good to watch today.

Much to her surprise, Ja Hye obliged and told him that ‘Captain America: The winter soldier’ is good and available. Kris then went to the movie house to buy the movie tickets before attending their last subject.

“Kris!” Yunbin called out, immediately hugging him. “Do you want to watch a movie tonight? My parents are gone and we could do whatever we want.”

“Ewe, you need to know your space.” Ja Hye butted in, pushing her away from him. “Anyway, Kris.” She turned to him. “What is it about you asking about movies today? Are you planning to watch?”

Kris nodded. “Yeah,” and he then showed her the tickets.

“Two?”

Yunbin then pushed Ja Hye and touched his chest. “You were about to ask me on a date tonight? That’s cute.”

Kris rolled his eyes and hid the tickets before Yunbin could even take it. “Hell no,”

“What?”

Ja Hye laughed. “You assume everything is about you or for you. Get out of my sight now, .”

Yunbin growled at her but obliged once she noticed that Kris wasn’t going to help her. Once out of the hearing shot Ja Hye asked who he was taking.

“Jessica,” He said, smiling once her name left his mouth. “I asked her this morning and she said yes so I went to buy the tickets before they’re sold out.”

Ja Hye screamed happily for his best friend and whispered. “Remember not to take her to a club, you don’t want her drunk again.”

Kris glared at her but knew that she was right. Instead of planning on taking her to a club, he’ll just take her to a restaurant and reserve the perfect place for the two of them.

“Thank me.” He looked confused as to why she said it. “If I didn’t say anything about the club, you would definitely take her there. She’s not the party type of girl, remember?”

Kris nodded his head. “Yeah, thanks for reminding me.”

“Good, now go before you’re late for your class.”

He was about to go when he stopped and turned to look at Ja Hye. “What about you?”

She smiled goofily at him. “I’m going to skip with Yoseob and have a make-up date because last time I wasn’t there, again.”

Kris didn’t bother to ask why because they could talk about it tomorrow. He entered the classroom, saw Jessica and took a seat next to her and smiled. She smiled back but her smile grew wider when he showed her the movie tickets.

“Captain America?” She asked. “Never heard about this movie before.”

“Someone told me that it’s good so I thought why not watch it?”

Jessica giggled. “I hope this date wouldn’t be awkward.”

Kris looked at her. “Date?”

Jessica stopped and looked down. “Sorry, I thought it was a date.”

He then shook his head and laughed. “Of course it’s a date, we’re the only ones who’s going, right?” He then cupped her cheeks. “So don’t look down. I’m not going to ask you out if I don’t feel anything for you.”

He slipped.

He slipped and saw Jessica’s eyes widen. “Joking! C’mon, the teacher’s there already.”

 

When the period was over, Kris accompanied Jessica to her locker first before they leave to see the movie. While Jessica went inside to save seats for the two of them, Kris bought popcorn and soda to satisfy their hunger.

“Want to know something?” Jessica whispered to Kris once he settled beside her.

“Sure, what is it?”

“This is my first time watching a movie.”

Kris looked at her immediately and collided with her nose, making him apologize and her laugh.

“Your first time?” He asked once she was done laughing at him.

“Yup, my dad would always bring movies home because he said it was much cheaper and I could replay the movies as many as I want.”

“No wondering why.” He answered.

After that conversation, the movie started and both were in sync. Though Jessica with the movie, Kris was in sync on watching her and how she could be amazed at the little things.

Has she lived under a rock? He asked to himself as he glances beside her.

Jessica took a sip on her drink and when she was about to place it back, she noticed Kris looking at her. She then decided to look at him and wait until one of them snaps out of their little game.

“You’re beautiful.” Kris uttered absentmindedly, making Jessica blush and concentrate back to the movie.

 

Once the movie was over, he took her to the restaurant his father owns. The waiter led them to the best seats they could offer and gave the two to think about what they will order.

“This restaurant seems expensive, I don’t think I can pay.”

Kris smiled at her. “I’m the one paying, remember?”

“But you’ve paid for me before, I think it’s time that I repay you back, right?”

He shook his head. “It’s fine, don’t worry about the bill. Worry about what you would want to eat tonight.”

She sighs, knowing that she couldn’t win an argument with him. When they finally decided on what to eat, Kris ordered. While waiting for the food, they talked about stuffs that weren’t necessary and Jessica laughed at Kris’ poor attempt of joking.

“Are you enjoying this?” Kris asked, playfully glaring at her.

“Yeah,” Jessica then leaned back on her chair. “Maybe calling you as the “Cold Prince” of our school is wrong.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you are not very cold and you’re very lame when you attempt to make a joke.”

Kris laughed. “Look who’s talking? Are you a master at making jokes?”

 She rolled her eyes. “No. But you were very lame when you do attempt.”

“Sorry for being bad at that.”

“Apologies accepted.”

“Hey, I wasn’t even serious about that!”

They both laughed and at that time, the food came. They ate, laughed and talked.

The night was over when Kris escorted her home. They were still laughing when they didn’t even notice that they were standing in front of her doorstep.

They became silent after that and Kris absentmindedly leaned closer, his eyes were full of longing and need. Jessica saw this and was leaning closer and closed her eyes when their lips finally met.

They stayed like that for a minute or so, enjoying the moment but that stopped when Kris pulled away.

“Jessica…” Kris called.

She smiled. “Yeah?”

“Will you be my—“

 

Kris woke up at the sound of a car horn sounding loud. He stood up, shook his head and realized that it was night time.

He decided to walk home with only one thing on his mind.

 

He’s going to take what is rightfully his.

 

 


I'm really, really sorry for not updating for so long! I just finished Finals and I'm leaving for a month so yeah... I'm preparing for my leave. :3

Hope you guys like this chapter :3

I'll try to update another one before I leave next week... :3