Chapter 11

Accept me

Chapter 11:

 

“Mommy!” Allie screams in delight as she runs to her mother who was busy cooking their lunch.

Jessica tilted her head and scooped her daughter. “What is it?”

“Can I play with Jaehee?” She asked, hugging her mother tightly.

Jessica smiled and played with her hair before putting her down. “Of course you can, but please can you tell MiYoung to come here?”

Allie nodded her head and dashed out of the house, leaving her mother behind. Jessica sighs, resumed cooking and waited for her friend to arrive.

“Allie told me you want me, what’s wrong?” She turned around to see MiYoung leaning on the wall.

“Do you have anything to do?”

MiYoung shook her head and went beside Jessica. “We’ll go shopping?”

Jessica smiled and nodded her head. “You read my mind.”

MiYoung squealed and went off to get ready for their shopping. Jessica followed afterwards with Allie’s lunch and her bag. She prepared her lunch on the table and told Allie to eat because they are leaving.

While the two girls started eating their food, MiYoung groaned once they saw them. She tried pulling Jessica away from her daughter but she just shook her off and told her to behave. MiYoung pouted and went to help her little sister finish eating.

When the two girls finished eating, Jessica changed Allie’s clothes and went to the mall with Jaehee and MiYoung.

 

While they were busy shopping for clothes and toys, Kris and Ji Woo arrived just in time to meet his wife, Sora. She screamed in delight and hugged his husband and bowed when she noticed Kris, who was his boss was with him.

“Oh, anyonghaseyo.” Sora greeted.

Kris didn’t speak and just smiled at her.

“Where’s Jessica?” Ji Woo suddenly asked, looking around. “And Allie?”

Sora looked back also and shook her head. “They were here a minute ago, maybe they went shopping.”

Kris looked at Ji Woo confusingly and pulled him away from his wife. Sora looked at them confusingly but just shook her head and went to watch some movie. While doing so, Kris stopped once they were in front of their house and looked at Ji woo because he was confused why he didn’t tell him his daughter was named Jessica. He never mentioned anything about this.

“Jessica?” He asked. “And she has a daughter named Allie?”

“Yes, my second daughter, the one I’m talking about.”

“Isn’t the girl I’m searching for named Jessica? Why didn’t you tell me your daughter was named Jessica?”

Ji Woo patted his shoulder. “I was about to tell you about her 5 years ago, but I decided not to because I talked to her.”

“What did you guys talked about?”

Before speaking, Ji Woo went inside and told Sora to prepare tea for the both of them and sat on the couch. “She’s from Yangju. She got pregnant because of her boyfriend that left her without saying anything. Her parents died when she was 15 and she was too afraid being rejected by society so she went here in Goyang to find a suitable job and place for her and her baby. That’s the part where I and my wife, Sora comes in, we took her in and let her stay with us. While staying here, she met her childhood best friend who was also her only friend. He courted her with a span of one year and they are both in a relationship for 4 years.”

“But you never mentioned her to me.” Kris answered after thanking Sora for their tea.

“Well, I didn’t think she’s the one you’re looking for; you said she used to live in Seoul.”

“But that also could be a cover story, you know.”

“I know Jessica, Kris.” He then tapped his shoulder. “She’ll never lie to me.”

“Are you sure?” Kris asked.

Ji Woo nodded his head. “I’m sure.”

 

>> 

 

SuHo was sitting on his chair, looking at the paper his secretary gave him. He looked frustrated at the things said on the certain paper because it was useless and he couldn’t understand what is written.

“Sir,” His secretary called out, opening the door slowly. “You’re mother wants to know if you are free this afternoon.”

SuHo looked up and shook his head. The secretary left, leaving him alone again. He sighs, looked at the window and the image of Jessica and Allie suddenly appeared in his head, he misses those two girls and wanted to visit them but couldn’t for he has a job waiting for him.

He finished his work and decided to call Jessica. While walking out of the building, he brought out his phone from his pocket and called her cell while smiling and nodding when someone greets him.

“Hello?” He heard her voice ask, making him smile.

“Baby.” He answered, laughing once he heard her laugh too.

“Why’d you call?” She asks, sounding confused. “It’s not like I don’t want you to call, I’m just wondering.”

“I miss you and Allie.”

“We miss you too,” She stopped and screamed stop! “Sorry, Allie’s in love with this Disney princess.”

He laughed while entering the coffee shop. “Who?”

“A Disney princess.”

“I know that, what I’m asking is who the Disney princess she loves so much is?”

Jessica stopped and asked the saleslady what the name is and returned to him, answering. “Ariel.”

“The little mermaid?”

“Yup,” She answered, popping the p.

The call ended with her saying that. SuHo sighs, looks at his phone and at the cashier to order a latte. While waiting, he saw a woman enter the coffee shop; she was petite, blonde and very beautiful. He stood up, looked at the woman closely and saw that she looks a lot like his girlfriend Jessica. He was about to go and talk to her when a man in his mid fifties enter the shop with a woman in her mid forties following behind. The three talked and laughed at times.

He shook his head, telling himself that he is already missing his girlfriend that he even sees her face in any woman that pass by.

The only thing that dragged him out of his thoughts was the waitress placing his latte in front of him. He smiled at her and left. He went straight to the mall and went to the toy store and bought a Disney princess doll.

After doing so, he went to Jessica’s house and saw her father, Ji Woo talking to someone in the front porch.

“Ji Woo Hyung!” He called out; waving his hand once he parked it.

Ji Woo stopped looked at him and waved. He then turned to Kris and told him that this was the boyfriend he was talking about.

Both smiled at each other.

“Hi, I’m SuHo.”

“Wu Yi Fan.” Kris then extended his arm. “But call me Kris.”

SuHo nodded and shook his hand. “Nice meeting you.”

Ji Woo patted both shoulders and asked if they would want to go inside because it’s getting cold. Both guys nodded their head and went inside. Sora brought out something to eat and smiled triumphantly when the three boys complemented her with her amazing cooking skills.

“Are you staying for dinner, Kris?” Sora asked, smiling.

Kris apologetically shook his head. “I’m sorry but I couldn’t. I need to get ready for our leave tomorrow.”

Sora nodded her head and walked out of the room.

The three gentlemen talked for some more minutes before Kris excused himself because he needed to leave and take care of some business he’s needed. The two men left escorted him out and waved goodbye.

When he was about to leave, he heard the loudest scream in his life, he thought someone died but when he looked back, he saw a little girl running and hugging Ji Woo. That must be Allie. He thought before he continued to walk.

“Mommy!!” He heard her shout, he turned around to see the girl he was looking for so long, the girl he loved the most is being pulled by her little daughter.

His eyes widen and hid behind the tree. He was right all along, it was a cover story and poor Ji Woo was persuaded to believe the lie. He stared at Jessica and saw her hugging Ji Woo and lastly hugging SuHo.

A hug that broke his heart.