Chapter 15

Accept me

Jessica's POV:

"Mom!" 

Allie screamed, suddenly jumping on the bed and shaking me. I glared at her and scooped her up, immediately shutting her up. Her small frame shook against my hold and tried to jump away from me but I just tightened my grip on her, smirking.

"Mom! You're hurting me!" She screamed beside my ear and pouted.

I rolled my eyes at her and placed her on the bed. "Just stop doing that. You're gonna break my eardrums."

She laughed but nodded her head. I sat right next to her on the bed and braided her hair, something I always do when we woke up together. While doing so, she immediately opened to talk about things that happened in school.

I smiled at my little girl, I'm happy seeing her happy and I would never exchange that for anything. It's a good distraction too, her laughter and stories made me forget that I have problems including her so called father and her biological one.

"Mom, are you even listening to me?" I heard her ask, I snapped out of my thoughts and smiled at my daughter.

"I'm sorry, what's that again?"

"I asked if Jaehee could come over tonight, we haven't been talking this past this past few days andI'm missing her."

I chuckled. "What were you doing without her?"

"Reading a book in my room." She answered, smiling sheepishly at me.

I laughed harder. I expected her to say something similar to that but I never imagined her saying the same thing I say when I was at her age. I stopped laughing once I saw her staring at me like a mad woman. I then decided to tickle her sides and make her laugh harder than me.

Once the fun inside our room stopped, Allie suggested we grab some lunch on the diner that was not too far from us. I agreed, knowing that eating something can get her to keep quiet. We changed our clothes since we were still in our pajamas and walked out of the house quietly.

We walked inside the diner with me running to catch my daughter. She was too hyper for her own good and that made me question who she got that from. None of my parents were hyper, I don't know any close relatives and I'm not sure if they knew about me. So, cross that out for being a reason why.

"Mama!" Allie screamed, sitting on a couch near the window while I followed in tow.

"She's so hyper early in the morning." A waitress whispered as I passed her.

I smiled. "Yeah, the total opposite of me."

"Maybe like her father?"

My eyes widened for a second before I covered it with a forced a laugh. "Maybe,"

Walking away, I felt her eyeing my back. When I already sat beside my daughter, I hid my head in front of the menu and waited for a waitress to take our order and also wishing that it wasn't the one who talked to me earlier.

"Can I take your oder?" I heard someone say, I looked up to see a middle - aged woman smiling at me and my daughter.

"Oh, um..." I stopped and scanned the menu first. "I'll take the egg and bacon and she will take the..." I stopped and looked at my daughter expectantly.

"Waffles, pancakes and bacon!" She literally screamed.

I playfully glared at her as the waitress writes down our order, when she was done, she left smiling at us and we were left to wait for the food. While waiting, Allie decided to play a game with me. I didn't want to at first but her way of persuading others are good.

"Okay enough with games." I said. "How's school?"

"Good, we'll be having a field trip next thursday and I was hoping you and papa would come with me."

I smiled and messed with her hair. "Of course we'll come with you."

"Yehey!"

As if on cue, the food started coming out. Allie begun to dug in and I just glance at her from time to time as I eat my own meal. It wasn't long until we were both done, groaning because there were too many food that I ate because of a little girl who couldn't finish hers.

Once we paid for the meal, we walked out, shivered because of the sudden wind greeting us and walked holding each others hands. We talked while walking home and got our sweaters before leaving again because of Allie wanting to play in the park.

I decided to seat on the bench and let my daughter roam around the park, playing with other kids. I stare at her as she plays and realize that she's so different from me that it scared me. She reminded me when I was a child. 

Remember when I was an orphan?

Yeah, bad memories. I don't dare reminisce about them because I'll just end up crying. I try to divert my gaze to my daughter but to no luck. Sunye and Yunbin's face kept showing and the beating, the shouting kept replaying on my mind.

I didn't realize I was thinking about them too long until my daughter screams beside my ear. I look at her and regretted it then.

"Mom, why are you crying?"

I didn't even notice it but the salty taste of my own tears comes down on my lips. "It's nothing. Let's go?" 

She frowns before wiping the tears for me. I hugged her almost immediately before composing myself and walk away with her in my hand. 

It wasn't long until my daughter returns to her hyper mode as she does something unbelievable in the kitchen.

“You have got to be kidding me!” I screamed as I ran towards the kitchen.

I grabbed her by the waist and took her to Sora’s room before cleaning the wonderful mess she left for me. I took the broom out of its place and started sweeping and talking to myself about how wonderful my daughter is.

But sweeping on the floor and cleaning the whole kitchen had me thinking about my conversation with Mi Young yesterday. I know that something she said is right, I know I’m doing something wrong but isn’t there any solution that could make all of us have a win – win situation?

“You can’t save them all from hurting, anyway.”

Her words kept replaying in my mind and if it keeps doing that, I don’t think I’ll be sane any longer. I know there are still the feelings for Kris in my heart that I deeply buried; being SuHo’s girlfriend is never out of pity and the secrecy of Kris’ being her biological father is something for Allie that I know is right.

But why does it feel that everything that I know right now is fake? That everything is one big fat lie that I forced myself to believe all this years?

What have I done to myself? Why did I make my life as complicated as this?

“Mommy!!” I snapped out of my thoughts when I hear her scream.

“What?” I answered after seeing her bounce her way in the kitchen.

Smiling brightly, she took out the book Sora loved so much. “Can we have a sleepover?”

I looked at her confusingly for a second before realizing who she was talking about. “Sure baby girl. Have you asked permission to Sora?”

Her smile changes to a crooked grin as she waves Sora’s book. “She’s asleep right now.”

“So what’s that got to do with the book?”

“I’m going to read it until Jaehee comes!”

“And?”

“And I will return it back as soon as she asks for it.”

“Jung Alexandria.” I begun, glaring at her. ”Why did you take that book?”

She pouts. She never did like her name. “I just borrowed the book, mom. There’s no reason to get angry with me.”

I rolled my eyes. “I’m just being sure, okay?”

She nods her head and leave.

I on the other hand tied my hair in a bun before resumed sweeping the floor. Once done, I took the trashes out and actually regretted it afterwards.

Do you know what I saw? Wu Freaking Yi Fan standing beside the mailbox, a smirk plastered in his face as he holds a box of chocolate cake on his right and a grocery bag on his left. I didn’t know I was staring at him until I saw him walking towards him with the smirk still on my face. I turned around, ignoring him and headed for the door as fast and as normal as I could but I guess being that tall gives you advantages because just as I was about to open the door, it slammed back close and I was trapped with his body behind me.

“It’s been 5 years, Jessica.” He whispered, not even bothering to say a greeting.

I shrug, not muttering any single word.

“I know everything.” He started, making my eyes suddenly wide.

I turned around and was face to face with his… neck. I looked up, saw a lot of emotions. Relief – longing – sadness and… anger?

Wait, rewind.

 Relief? Longing? Sadness? Anger? Why are his eyes looking at me like that? Why is he even here? Why is not in the club, dancing and mingling with others? And… Wait, did he just say he knows everything?! What the hell does he know? Does it include my daughter?

“What do you mean?” I asked my voice soft.

“I know about Allie and I know about you leaving Imo behind.”

“Imo?”

“Yes,” He lowers his head and stayed beside my ear to say, “Su Yeon Imo.”

“Why are you calling her Imo?” I glared at him. “You don’t know each other!”

“That’s something between me and her, okay?”

“But—”

“No buts.”

 I let out a frustrated sigh and glared at him harder. “Why are you here then?”

He smiles, lowers his head and finally deciding to stay beside my ear. I inhaled his scent, his scent that made every girl “I want you back.”

It snapped me.

How dare he come here and say he wants me back? Isn't he with Yunbin the last time I saw him?

"Sicu unnie!" Jaehee, greeted, smiling as she waves at me. "Is Allie...?"

I pushed Kris away and smiled at her. "She's inside, why don't you go and play with her now?"

She wiggles her eyebrows before entering the house, making roll my eyes. And before we could continue our conversation, Sora suddenly screamed.

"Sica!" She opens the door and smile at the both of us. "Why don't you guys continue your conversation inside? I made tea!"

I gulped as I nod my head. Did she hear our conversation? 

I glanced at Kris and saw him smile at her as he follows her inside. I followed after a few minutes of trying to know if Sora did or did not hear our conversation just a few minutes ago.

"Well, I'll leave you guys to continue whatever you are talking about." I heard her say as I enter the dining room.

I didn't get to say anything more because she immediately left us alone. I sat across him and started drinking the tea Sora made. While drinking though, I got uncomfortable because Kris was staring at me.

"Can I?" I heard him ask after a few minutes had past.

"What do you mean?"

"I want you and Allie back, Jessica." He started. "You can't hide the fact that she's my daughter."

I sigh. "I'm not hiding the fact that she is your daughter."

"Then come with me and let's be a family that we are supposed to be."

"I can't." I looked at my tea.

"Why not?"

"Because..."

"Mommy!" Allie screams, running towards me, cutting me off.

"Yes?" I asked, scooping her up.

"Who's he?" She asks, pointing at Kris.

"Oh, that's you're uncle, uncle Kris." I smiled and looked at the man in front of us.

"Hi!" She says, waving at him and as Kris waves back awkwardly.

I then leaned to whisper in her ear, "Why don't you play with Jaehee?"

"Ok!" She answers as she waits for me to bring her down.

She waved at us for one last time before running happily towards Jaehee. I looked back at Kris and saw him glaring at me. 

"What?" I snapped, glaring at him and as I cross my arms.

"Why didn't you tell her that I'm her dad?" 

"I don't want her to have confusion, she already made SuHo her father and I'm fine with that."

"SuHo?"

"Yes, my boyfriend."