Chapter 12

Accept me

Kris walked away with tears running down his face, he couldn't believe that the only girl he loved would walk away from him and love someone else. She was his everything but she didn't knew that. She left even before he could confess everything.

"What did I do wrong?" He asked, staring at his window from his house.

The cold breeze of the air came to him. He smiled a bit and just shrugged while walking towards his bed. He tried sleeping but with what happened just a few hours ago, he couldn't.

"Goodnight," he whispered silently as his eyes begun to close.

The only thing that made him jump from his bed was the noise coming from the main gate, he cursed under his breathe, took his robe and slippers and went in front of the door.

"What the?!" He said, looking around while keeping his eyes open.

"Let me in, hyung!" The person outside screamed, 

Kris looked confused, it seems like the voice he heard is someone he knew but he couldn't recognize whose voice it belongs to. He stomped towards the front door and forced the door open.

"Tao?" He asked, looking at the guy from head to toe.

"Hi!" Tao greeted in delight as he pushes Kris aside and walks inside the house.

Kris closed the door and followed Tao who was busy lounging at the couch and looking for a good movie to watch.

"What the hell are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in China?"

"I know, but I postponed it until next month."

"Why?" 

"To help you, duh!" Tao rolled his eyes and made a face in front of him.

Kris picked up a pillow and smacked him on the head. "Help?"

"You need to make Jessica noona fall in love with you!"

"She's happy with her boyfriend, I'm fine with that."

This time it was Tao who smacked him on the head. "Are you really giving up on her?"

"Yeah, she's happy."

Tao glared at him. "What the hell happened to you?!" He then stood up. "You're really going to let her slip away?"

"How many times do I have to say 'yes'?" 

"You only said yes once!"

"I know and I am not planning on saying it again." Kris answered as he takes the remote from the table and turn the T.V on.

"Why are you like this? Didn't you promise before that you'll marry her and only her?"

"I promised that when we were 10, and besides it's not like she's the one I'm talking about."

"But be honest hyung, she's the only one you ever loved like this, you would even make up stories about you and her marrying each other and having a baby girl."

"That was years ago, I'm already a grown up man, there's no need to think about those silly things."

Tao rolled his eyes. "But you're still dreaming of it."

"Shut up!"

Tao laughed at his cousin and walked towards the kitchen, leaving the topic for a moment and followed by Kris, they both decided to have a midnight snack before sleeping. Both took what they wanted and sat back at the couch.

"But seriously, you need to make her fall in love with you!" Tao suddenly insisted, looking at him.

"Drop it, Tao." Kris demanded, glaring at him.

"What if I don't?"

"LEAVE." Kris then pointed at the door.

"Why are you so mean?" Tao complained. "Fine, let's talk about something else."

"I don't want to talk, I want to watch and eat."

"Fine, I'm sleeping." Tao then went straight to Kris' room to sleep on the bed while Kris just stared on the screen and ate some popcorn, his tears were threatening to fall and he was trying to stop it but he just couldn't. He knew his words will get back to him and now that it had, he wished he never said it.

He sniffed, looked at his watch and groaned. He wished He wasn't stuck with this feeling, he wished he never met her, he wished he never had gone to his best friend's party and leave with her drunk, he wished he could undo the past and unlove her.

'I have reached my breaking point.' He thought, standing up. He knew there's no use sulking over one girl, he knew it's time to either move on or, just what Tao said, make her fall in love with him. 

"Let's decide someday," He whispered to himself as he walks towards his room only to find Tao sleeping on his bed.

He rolled his eyes at his cousin and went to sleep at the guest's room. He stretched for a few seconds before lying on the bed, suddenly making him relaxed.

 


Few weeks had passed and the only thing Kris has ever done is to stay either on his room or the guest room. He hadn't decided yet and the only thing he knows right now is to relax his mind but it isn't relaxing.

"Hyung!" He heard Tao scream.

"What the hell do you want?!"

"Why don't you go out of your room?!" He forcefully opened the door and glared at his cousin. "You stink!"

"Leave me alone!" Kris screamed, standing up and pushing him.

"Have you decided yet?!"

"No!"

"Why!?"

"Leave me alone Tao!"

"Fine!" Tao then dashed out of the room, making Kris fall on his knees. 

Kris glared at the poor door and slammed it shut. He laid back on the bed and face palmed. He wanted to sleep some more, he wanted to forget everything even just for a day but faith didn't want that, it wanted him to face the truth that somehow he has to decide if he wants Jessica back or not.

He walked out of the guest room after staring at the ceiling and went straight towards the bathroom, he though he needed some cold shower so that is what he's going to get. 

Once the cold shower hit him, he moaned. It was good and refreshing. He stayed for some time, enjoying his time alone and distract himself from the outside. 

"Are you planning to stay inside forever?!" He heard Tao scream, knocking on the door.

"leave me alone, Tao." Kris replied,  walking in front of the mirror.

"You're becoming a crazy old dude!"

Kris rolled his eyes and opened the door, making Tao slip. He laughed, ran towards his room and locked it while Tao rubbed his forehead. He changed to his worn out jeans and a white fitted shirt and walked out to find Tao glaring at him.

He smirked and walked towards his car and drive to a near coffee shop. He walked in, ordered a Latte before settling down on one of the couches and read some news online.

"Hello," he heard a female say in an english accent. "Can I have a brewed coffee?"

He looked up, noticed that the girl who was talking looked a lot like Jessica. It made him stand up and absentmindedly walk beside her. The woman noticed him and smiled.

"Jessica?" He asked, the girl looked confused.

"What?" The woman asked. "I'm sorry but, you must be mistaken." She said in her english accent.

Kris frowned and shook his head. "I'm sorry, you just look like someone I know." He replied in an english accent too. 

Jessica doesn't have a twin... Or does she? He thought.

She turned her attention to him. "I look like someone you know?"

He nodded his head. "I'm sorry for bothering you," he then started to walk.

But the girl stopped him. "Do I really look like the person you know? Do you have a photo of her?"

Kris looked confused. "What?"

"Do you have the photo of the girl you mistaken me for?"

Kris nodded his head and gave the picture of Jessica to the girl. Once she was done examining it, she looked at him and pulled him to seat on a chair. Kris looked confused as hell but the girl was just staring at Jessica's picture.

"What's wrong?" Kris asked.

"Nothing, do you know where I could find This Jessica person?"

"Can you tell me why you're looking for her?" He then crossed his arms. "And please explain why you look exactly like her."

The woman breathes. "I'm Jung Eunji. I live in America and I just went here to look for her." She stopped and pointed at her. "She's my twin, we're sisters that were separated when we were only babies. I didn't know why our parents did it but all I know is that if I found her, she can be with us again."

"But why now? Why you?"

Eunji looked at him. "How I wish my parents are here. They're to busy about the company that they forgot all about her."

"How did you know about her? You said you guys were separated when you were still babies."

"When I was a kid, I would often sneak on my parents and eavesdrop on them."

Kris snickered. 

"What?"

"Nothing," He then took a sip on his latte.