Chapter 2

Accept me

Jessica's POV:

 

I woke up at the sound of the alarm clock on my desk, making me groan. I yawned first before going to do my morning routine. I actually fell asleep while reading a novel. 

Is the book boring or my eyes just decided to shut down? I Guess I won't know the answer for sure because no one witnessed what I did last night. 

After doing my morning routine, I went out without eating any breakfast and just went to the library to give the novel back to Nara. When I entered the library, I saw her talking to a man who is wearing the same uniform as I am. I wanted to wait for them to finish but  since I'm going to be late for school, I interrupted.

"Hey Nara," I greeted, smiling at her.

Both people looked at me. Nara smiled but the other guy looked shocked.

"I want to give this back, I already finished reading it." I said as I hand her the book.

"Wasn't it good?" She asked, looking shocked.

"No, it's good."

"Then why are you returning it right now?" She walked towards me and touched my forehead. "Are you sick?"

"No," I rolled my eyes and forcefully gave it back to her. "I just want to give it back to you now because I'm gonna borrow another book."

She made a face in front of me and turned around to resume talking to the guy. While they were busy, I went to the novel section again and looked for a good book, finally finding one, I dashed out of the library and hurriedly went to school since I only got ten minutes to spare.

I speed walked to my locker and hurriedly took my things and resumed speed walking to my class. Good thing the teacher isn't still there or I would be late.

"Jessica!" A girl shouted when I sat at my seat. "You agreed to come to my party!"

Oh, it was only Ja Hye. "I did,"

"Then why did Hyomin tell me you won't?"

I looked at her. "Look, Ja Hye, I don't know why you're suddenly asking me to come to your party but I won't come. Ok? I don't even know a lot of people here and do you expect me to just go to your party and socialize to strangers?"

"Look, Jessica..." She repeated except for my name. "That is why I wanted to invite you to my party, so you could meet new people, new friends, new... new..." She stopped and thought for a while. "new people!"

"You said new people twice," I commented, raising an eyebrow at her. "But I'm sorry Ja Hye, I won't go."

"You promised!"

"I didn't promise anything," I said before shrugging.

She gave me a pointed look. "But you agreed, so that means no backing out."

I rubbed my temples and took my notebook. "Whatever pleases you,"

She then suddenly kneeled down in front of me. "You'll come, right? Here's my address."

She took the pen I was holding and wrote the adress in my notebook. After writing, she stood up, smiled at me for one last time and walked away like we weren't having a conversation earlier.

"Why is there so many weird people in this school?" I muttered to myself, shaking my head and doodled at my notebook some more before the teacher appears.

 

►►

 

“Jessica,” I heard Nara call me, I turned around to see her pointing at the seat next to her. “Can I talk to you for a moment?”

I just nodded my head and walked to where she was, sat next to her and asked what’s wrong. She didn’t speak at first but finally blurted out some words.

“Are you famous at your school?”

“No, why?”

“Remember the guy I was talking to earlier?”

I just nodded my head.

“Well, he kept on asking me about you.” I kept silent and stared at her. “He asked me where you live and what your relationship status is.”

“Did you say anything?”

She shook her head, “Nope, I don’t trust guys like him, I think he’s one of those bad boy type.”

I rubbed my temple and nodded my head. “Okay, if you ever see him again, tell me immediately.”

“Sure,” She smiled and stood up. “I got to go, I have unfinished business.”

I smiled at her and stood up also, “Alright,”

She waved at me and started walking towards her table, I on the other hand went back to my original seat and finished reading my book.

After doing so, I bid good bye to Nara and walked out of the library to eat something before going home. I walked inside a fast food chain and ordered a burger and water, when I got it, I started eating it while going home.

“Choco,” I smiled when the dog barked at me and stuck his tongue out at me.

“You’ve been coming home late,” Suyeon, my neighbour said.

“I got a lot of things to do,” I answered smiling at her.

Suyeon unnie is actually the only person who would talk to me in this neighbourhood. She’s in her mid forties, a writer and she lives alone like me. You can’t actually call us best friends but whenever I get in trouble, she’s there to take care of the problem for me, something she always wanted to do, or so what she says.

“Goodnight unnie.” I said, opening my door and smiling at her.

“Goodnight, Sica.”

I closed the door and immediately went to change into my pj’s and watch some good movie before heading for bed. I decided to ditch chick – flicks so I’m watching Fast & Furious 6 where I saw Han, being all handsome again.

 The movie finished and I checked the watch, telling me that I should sleep because it’s already 2:30 AM. I yawned first before heading to my room. I closed my eyes once I settled in my bed and let darkness cover me.

Once the sun hit me, I immediately pulled the sheets to cover my face, I didn’t want to wake up yet, it’s a Saturday and I intend to sleep throughout the day.

“I hate you,” I shouted, glaring at the sun and walking to my bathroom. I took a quick shower and changed to my hoodie and jeans.

I walked out of my house and went straight to the grocery to buy some necessary things. When I was done, I went back to my house, fixed everything and went out again, so much for sleeping all day.

I walked to the park and rested on the bench for a few minutes before going to the library again. I saw Nara smiling at me again and told me that there are new books that were delivered and is now on the shelves, I thanked her and searched for a good novel to read again.

By the time I already finished reading, it was already night time. I stood up, stretched my legs and placed the book back again to the shelf. I waved goodbye to Nara and started walking towards my house.

I was shocked when I saw a good looking car waiting by my gate. I looked at it confusingly and when the door opened, Ja Hye popped out, smiling at me. But the smile was far from nice, her smile is actually forced and irritated.

“Jessica,” She hissed, walking to me.

“Yeah?”

“I was waiting for you at the party but you didn’t come.”

“Sorry, I forgot about your party.”

“Why don’t you change and we’ll go together?” She hissed again, glaring at me.

“No, I’m not going.”

“Don’t make this harder for me than it already is, Jessica.” She snapped, “You’re coming with me.”

“Why are you insisting me to come with you? How did you even know where I live?”

“You ask too much question, you know.”

“It’s because I want to know why.”

She lets out a irritated sigh and looked at me. “Look, I don’t even know why I keep on doing this, but I promise you, if you don’t like my party you could leave, just… just go and try it.”

I shook my head. “We’re not even friends, Ja Hye.”

“I know, but please, just go with me.”

“And even if I said yes, I don’t know what to wear.”

She shrugs and pulled me to the car. “You’re worried about that?” She opens the door and pointed inside, telling me to get in. “Don’t worry, you can borrow mine and you can just give it back on Monday.”

I shrugged and just went inside, I had no choice but to go to the party I don’t even want to go. Ja Hye went inside the driver’s seat and started driving towards her house.

The sound of the music through the speakers was so loud it caused me to cuss under my breathe, I looked at Ja Hye and saw her grinning as she turns off the engine. She told me to follow her so I did. We went to her bedroom and I was amazed by the size of it. It was so big that it can fit almost ten people.

Ja Hye tossed me a blue dress and a pair of heels and told me to change. Once I was done, I felt really, really uncomfortable. The dress was too short for me and the heels were too high for my taste. I walked out of the bathroom and tried complaining at Ja Hye but she just shrugged and glared at me.

“You look hot, okay?” She then pulled me to the desk and fixed my hair and placed some light make - up.

Once she’s done, she told me that I could go and have fun already. I pleaded to just go home but she pointed at the door and almost kicked me out of her room.

“Jessica, remember to have fun.” She smiled at me. “Trust me, you won’t regret coming.”

And the door was shut.