Don't make me go back there.

My Vampire Story

I wake up to silence. I open my eyes and feel myself lying on a hard bed. I use my strength to sit up and observe my surroundings. I am in the nurse’s office. Opposite of me is N. "Finally awake are you?" He says. "What happened?" I ask. "Well I was about to finish you off when some crazy dude stood in front of you and knocked me out." He says. "What? Who was it?" I ask. "Kim Jonghyun. That crazy -er was telling me not to lay a hand on your ever again. He thinks just because he is in some top group with countless fangirls he can get away with it. Now he looks even tougher because he beat me up." He says. I leave N alone because he looks really angry. Why on earth did Jonghyun appear?

 

"So our plan didn't work, so what happens now?" I ask after a while. "Well, the head teacher came in and is going to talk to us to figure out what happened before they take action." He says. "If they ask, it's all my fault." I say. "It is your fault. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn't be in this mess." He says in anger. "I'm really sorry. I should have thought of other ways of getting out of school. I'm sorry for dragging you into this mess." I say sincerely. N doesn't seem like a bad kid. He might be a part of a gang and all but he is just a normal teenager. "After this is dealt with we are cutting all ties." He says. I nod. "I agree."

 

The teacher walks in with the assistants. "You each have 5 minutes to explain yourselves." He says. "Sir, I'm sure by now you know me quite well. I got angry for no reason and attacked the closest person to me which was N over there." I say simply. I'm not going to bore the teacher with 'Oh it’s my fault, expel me'. Because that sort of crap doesn't work on teacher anymore. "Do you have anything to say student?" He says looking at N. "I was minding my own business when she came from nowhere and attacked me. I did my best to calm the situation down but nothing was working so I was defending myself." N says. I send him a secret wink. He smirks as the teachers are discussing something between themselves.

 

"Very well. Hye Su. I expect a 70 page reflection by next Friday. The committee will decide about your suspension or if you will be expelled. We don't tolerate that behaviour in school. You are required to attend normal classes until further notice. As for you N, you are not the victim either so you will have to do a 1 hour detention and a 50 page reflection by next Friday. Take this as a warning." His mouth drops and the teachers leave.

 

About 15 minutes later the door opens again and this time an unexpected visitor arrives. "O-oppa?" I say shocked. "Lee Hye Su. You have some explaining to do." He says angrily. "What are you doing here? What if someone see's you?" I hiss. "So what? That's not the important thing. You beat up a student? WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" He yells at me and I flinch. I refuse to answer. Jinki walks away in frustration. He notices N. "Is this the kid you beat up?" He asks me. "Yes that’s right. She beat me up." N says in an annoyed tone. "I want to apologize on her behalf- actually no. Hye su you apologize right this minute." Jinki says. "I already did." I whine. "She already apologized. Thank you for your concern but I would rather if she left." N says. "Of course. Hye Su get your off the bed right now." Jinki says. A blind person could see that Jinki is mad at me. Mad is an understatement. He is furious.

 

I stand up and follow Jinki. Once we are in the car I speak. "What happened? How did you find out?" I ask. "The school called me and just told me you were unconscious in the nurse’s office. Jonghyun then called me and told me what happened. You were in a fight with another student. What I don't understand is why." He says. "The kids kept teasing me and it was too much so I hurt one so that the other know not to mess with me." I say. I know he won't believe me but I'm telling the truth, partly. "You shouldn't have done it. What if you were found out? Not any normal teenager has the sort of strength that you have" He says. I don't reply and he sighs loudly. "You are stupid. You could be suspended for this or even expelled. That school is the best school in this country and there are plenty of worthy kids who would take your place. Just, try not to go around hitting people and being rude." He says.

 

We arrive home and the pain from my injuries is starting to hurt. "Oppa, my body is really sore, should we go to the hospital?" I ask. "No. I have a friend who can heal injuries. It's a special skill he has. He should be coming here later on tonight." He says. "Is he a vampire?" I ask. "No, he isn't." Jinki replies.

 

I go to my room and lie down on my bed. I start to think back today. I remember back to the events of today. I think about the student who knocked out N. Was it really Jonghyun? I don't understand why he would get involved. I have to make sure I find him and ask him about it.

 

"Wake up Hye Su, my friend is here” Jinki says. I didn’t realise I feel asleep. I slowly get out of bed and go to the main room. “This is Lay. He is a SM trainee and he comes from China.” Jinki says. I am greeted by a handsome boy who looks younger than me but is as tall as Jinki. “Hello my name is Zhang Yixing but you can call me Lay.” The younger boy bows. “Hi, I’m Lee Hye Su” I say returning the bow.

 

“Lay has a special super power of healing. Tell him where your injuries are and he will heal them.” Jinki says. “I have no big injuries. I'm fine.” I say. “I can tell when you’re lying to me. You can trust Lay” Jinki tells me. I sigh and point to my stomach, face and leg. I sit down and the young boy starts to heal my injuries. The pain is gone completely when he is finished. “Wow thanks you so much!” I say smiling at Lay. “It’s nothing really” he says shyly looking down. “I should get going now. See you around" He says to Jinki. “It was nice meeting you” I say. He smiles and bows before leaving.

 

“You are going to school tomorrow” Jinki says. “I’m not.” I say. “It wasn’t a question” He says. I let out a long sigh. “Don’t bother arguing me and wasting your energy. If I thought going to school would be a bad idea I wouldn't make you go. You go to school and show everyone that something like this won't make you hide. You are a strong person and you have to let everyone know, without beating them up.” He says while ruffling my hair. “It will be alright. Let’s get you some food.” He says joyfully. “No thanks oppa, you can have my share” I say losing my appetite. I turn around and head towards my room. “Good night” I say as a walk away. I lie in my bed trying to fall asleep. "I don't want to go back to school" I sigh and I fall asleep.