Lee Hye Su

My Vampire Story

I wake up and am greeted by the warm sun. I sit up and yawn while stretching my arms. “Good morning” A voice says from my door. “Jinki Oppa!” I say as I jump up from my bed and run over to my step brother, pulling him into a hug. “What are you doing today?” I ask. “I have to go for practice” Jinki oppa says. “Can I come too?” I ask. “No” He says firmly. “Why?” I pout. “You have to go to school.” He says. “I hate school” I say. “But you have to go” He says, ruffling my hair. I stare at him. “See you downstairs.” He says before running off.

I go into the bathroom and look at myself. I look like a normal teenage girl. My skin is pale, my hair is black and wavy and I am short and skinny. My eyes also glow bright red. They only glow red when I am sad, scared, angry, or irritated. I look like a normal teenager, but I know I’m not. My parents were murdered in front of me when I was only 5 years old. I was then taken and beaten up for months before I was killed.

I should be dead along with my parents. For some reason I was sent this strange world I know nothing about. It wasn't heaven or hell and I don't know what it is. I don't remember much but they told me I was going to live there from now on, but I refused. I told them I wanted to go to Earth and find my parent's murderers. Ever since my parent’s death, I can change eye colour depending on my mood. No one can explain my eyes but I think it has something to do with my parent's death.

Anyway, I was sent back to earth and I was adopted into a family, like my own. I have a mum, a dad and a brother. I have lots of things in common with my brother such as we both like to sing.

“Lee Hye su, come eat breakfast before it gets cold” My ‘Mum’ calls out. I roll my eyes. My real name is Lee Yerin, but when I was adopted they changed my name to Hye su. No one else knows my real name except my brother, my now dead parents and the men that killed my parents. In fact, only my brother knows everything that happened to me. He is a year older than me so our relationship is strong. He is 18 and he left school to debut in a boy band. I am 17 and I currently am still going to stupid school. I see no point to it. I have bad grades, my teachers hate me, students hate me, and everyone hates me and I hate everyone. The only thing I am good at is singing and playing the piano, but no one knows I sing. (Only my brother, he knows everything).

After eating breakfast and getting ready for school, I drag myself down to the bus stop. I check my watch. 7:45am. The bus is late by 5 minutes, as always. It arrives soon after. “Morning miss.” The bus driver greets me. I bow my head to him and go to my usual seat on the bus. The back seat, so I can see what everyone else is doing. I close my eyes and absorb the warm sun.

I open my eyes when I hear high pitched squeal coming from a group of school girls at the front of the bus. A young boy enters and he makes eye contact with me. He smiles and starts walking to me. I quickly put my bag on the spare seat next to mine so he can't sit down and I send him a glare to scare him.  He backs off and sits somewhere else.

I am an isolated teenager and I don't like talking to people. I have a bad temper so people usually avoid me as much as they can and I'm glad. Friends? I don't need friends. Ever since I was 5, I isolated myself from everyone. I don't like people because they are judgemental of me, because I'm different. I reach into my bag and grab my sunglasses. I close my eyes and rest my head against the window. As I am napping, my phone rings. I pick it up.

“Yes?” I ask. “What’s wrong little sister? No hello?” The voice asks. “Sorry Oppa, what do you want?” I ask. “After school, you can come over to SM and I can help you with your singing.” Jinki says. “Are you going to be there the whole day?” I ask. “Yeah, from now until 7pm so come over anytime you want. After school of course.” He says. “Hmm.. Okay I will. See you later.” I say and then hang up. I don't need any friends but I am happy to have a brother like Jinki. He is my only friend.

The bus stops and I jump off and walk to the school which is down the road when I hear a loud voice from behind me. “Lee Yerin, stop right there.” The voice booms. I stop and I panic. Everyone from my childhood called me Yenny so nobody knows my real name except my parents and those who might be connected to my parent's death. Yenny was basically my real name. I turn around with my bright red eyes shining through my dark sunglasses.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for subscribing to my story. Comments are appreciated. I will try to update often if you request for more.