Le oppa

My Vampire Story

I watch as Myungsoo is running towards the door. I quickly hold Jonghyun's hand and pull him inside. I shut the door causing it to automatically lock leaving Myungsoo furiously trying to open the door. "Hye Su, I'm really sorry. I love you. Come outside and we can talk." He says. "I already told how I feel. Stop embarrassing yourself and go." I say. I realise I'm still holding Jonghyun's hand and I quickly let it go. I turn around and walk towards the elevators. They open and I walk inside. "Are you coming with?" I ask when I see Jonghyun still standing near the door. He stares at Myungsoo before stepping inside the elevator.

 

"Wasn't that Kim Myungsoo?" Jonghyun asks after a long silence. "Yes." I simply reply. "What was that about?" He asks. "I would rather not talk about it" I say. I turn around to him "But didn’t you say you were looking for me?" I ask. "What?" He asks. "Just before, outside. You said you were looking for me." I say. "I forgot" He says. I turn around to him and he stares at me. I look into his eyes. "Tell me what you are thinking about." I say. He shrugs and turns around so I don't get to read his thoughts. "Nothing much" He says.

 

The elevator opens and we go to the practice room. "Huh? Where is Oppa?" I ask. "He is with Taeyeon for a TV show recording and he won't be back for a few hours." Jonghyun says. "Oh, he didn't tell me." I say. "I'm feeling a bit tired. I will go home then." I say just about to walk out the door when I remember something. "Damn it. Myungsoo" I curse. He would probably still be waiting outside.  "I'm really curious, what is your relationship with him? Is he your....boyfriend?" Jonghyun asks, letting the last word roll of his tongue like poison. "Didn't you know? He was my boyfriend" I say. I walk back and sit on the ground since there are no chairs. "Really? It's just you two don't seem to fit in that way." He says. I look at him with a poker face. "Sorry, it just slipped out my mouth." He says. I shake my head. "No you're right. It was three years ago when we dated and it's a long story." I say. "Should I get the popcorn?" Jonghyun says jokingly. I laugh, which rarely happens. "No need. Come sit here" I say patting the spot next to me.

 

He sits next to me. "You already know who he is right? He is the school's 'it' guy, every girl's dream boy. Everyone wants to date him and around 3 years ago I did. Cut a long story short, basically even though we were dating, he was still popular and girls still followed him and talked about how flawless he is. I didn't like all this attention he was getting and he didn't even mind. He enjoyed it. I knew popularity meant the world to him and that wasn't going to change so I dumped him. 3 years later and he is following me, asking for me back." I say.

 

"I never knew he had a girlfriend" Jonghyun said. "See? It's because he treats all girls the same. It probably looked like I was another one of his 'fangirls' or something. I try telling him to back off but nothing works. I'm getting really annoyed but scared. I don't know what he could do next." I look at my hands. I tell Jonghyun all about Myungsoo, which he probably doesn't care about but I need to get it off my chest. I feel something hard hit my shoulder. I look over to see Jonghyun leaning on me. "Get up you are heavy" I say but he doesn't move. I hold my hand up to his face and wave it. He fell asleep on my shoulder. I carefully and slowly take his head of my shoulder and put it on the cold hard ground. I stand up and am about to leave. "Don't go" I hear him say. I turn around but he is still sleeping. Maybe I heard that wrong? "Come back Hye su-ah" He says. I'm sure he said it because I saw his mouth move. I go back and sit on the ground. He moves and puts his head on my lap and I gasp in shock.

 

"What are you doing?" I ask. "Don't move. This is comfortable." He says as he snuggles into my lap. I lean over and look at his face and notice a small smile. I feel my heart skip a beat. He looks so happy and beautiful. I move a few stands of hair away from his face with my hand and run my fingers through his hair. I sing a slow soft song causing him to fall into a deep sleep. Ever since I drank his blood, I have felt foreign feelings for him. "You aren't so bad. Once I got to know you, I ended up really liking you. But you still are a jerk. Falling asleep through my story." I say. "I don't like when you talk about other guys" I hear a voice. He grabs my hand and I curse out loud. "You are awake?" I say, letting out a few swear words.

 

"Myungsoo did this. Jinki oppa said this, Taemin is like my little brother. I hate it when you say other guy’s names. Say my name." He says. "Why are you acting like this?" I say, confused. "Jonghyun?" He doesn't reply. I sigh. "Jonghyun?" He sits up from my lap and turns away from me. "Jonghyun Jonghyun Jonghyun" I say but he still doesn't reply. I let out a long sigh. "Jonghyun... Oppa?"

 

I watch as his head raises and he slowly turns around. "What did you say?" He asks. "Jonghyun o-" I say and he nods. "Jonghyun pabo. Merong" I say standing up. I laugh once I see his shocked face. "You look like a Pabo right now" I say between laughs but really, he looks cute and confused. "Yah get back here" He whines standing up and chasing after me. He grabs my arm and starts tickling me. I start laughing so much until I feel my face turn red. "Pabo stop" I say. "Not until you properly say Oppa to me" He says. "Why?" I whine. "Hurry" He says. "Oppa. Oppa. Jonghyun Oppa can you stop tickling me please?" I beg. He stops and I pull away catching my breath. I lie down on the floor but it is really uncomfortable. "Not the best place to lie down is it?" He says. He lies down right next to me. Like really, right next to me as in our faces are inches apart. He holds his arm out and places my head on his arm. "Better?" He asks. I nod, not being able to speak my heart is beating against my chest. "I have felt weird lately. Ever since you drank my blood, I have been feeling happier. Especially around you. I am actually really confused." He says. "I feel the same way. I feel a connection to you, like I have always known you or something." I say. We both lay there thinking to ourselves.

 

"Are you doing anything tomorrow?" He asks. "No." I say. "Do you want to go out with me tomorrow?" He asks. "Are you asking me out on a date?" I tease but secretly hoping it is. "No. Not like that. Just hang out?" He says slowly. "Sure" I say. He smiles and ruffles my hair.

 

With him, I can be myself. I don't have to hide. He makes me feel happy and I'm glad he is in my life. He started out as the jerk from my school but now he is more than that. I didn't want to admit it, but I really like him. More than a friend. Everything happened too quickly for me to process but yes. I, Lee Hye Su, might possibly like Kim Jonghyun.