Vampire?

My Vampire Story

“What do you mean? There are no secrets between us. We share everything with each other right?” I say. He sighs before looking up at me with his bright red eyes. “W-what is w-with y-your e-eyes?” I say in shock. “I am half vampire.” He says, looking into my eyes. "A what? Oppa if this is a joke it's not funny." I say. "It's not a joke. I am half vampire, half human." He says seriously. "I wanted you to know but, I didn't want you to think differently of me. I know that if you knew, you would worry about me and I didn't want that to happen, but you are old enough to know now." He says.

"How long have you-?" I ask. "Since I was born. My mum is human and my dad is vampire." He tells me. "Dad is a vampire?" I say shocked. He nods. "That's why you were adopted into our family. The King didn't want you to live with a family full of humans. We are one of the few family's in South Korea that has a vampire bloodline." He says. "I am confused" I say. “When you were 5, after the incident, you were sent to the vampire world to live there and learn their way of life. But you refused to stay so the king sent you to earth disguised as a human" He says.

"Vampire world? Disguised as a human? What do you mean? I am a human!" I say. "You are half human and half vampire, just like me. This means you experience similar things that vampires do." He says. My body stiffens up and my eyes are widened. His eyes change back to their normal colour and I stare at him, not knowing what to say. "You are nearing your 18th birthday in human age and you are staring to experience changes in your body. As you grow older and mature, you start to gain a supernatural power. You will start to get stronger so that you can protect yourself from vampire hunters on earth that look for mature vampires. But you will need to train your strength so it doesn't get out of control. You could possibly hurt someone close to you if your emotions get the better of you." He explains.

“This has happened to you?” I ask him and he nods. “You’re first skill is reading minds. My skill is shape shifter. It is unknown if we can obtain more than one skill and if so how many, but if you want to get more skills it would be wise not to abuse the skill you currently have.” He says. “Why can’t I read your mind?” I ask while looking deep into his eyes. “I blocked all my thoughts escaping my mind. No one can read my thoughts unless I let them. It’s something I had to train to do. You also can hide your thoughts but you will have to train. But because it’s your skill, you don’t need to work as hard as I did” He laughs.

“I’m scared” I admit after a while of sitting in silence to him as I allow my eyes to change to a dark subtle red colour. “I know. I was scared too. It’s okay to be scared” He says as he gives me a warm hug. “But think of the positive things, you can use your skill and strength to hunt down those who were involved with your parent’s death.” He says. “Really? I can do that?” I ask. “Sure, why not? I will help you and be here whenever you need me.” He says. I smile. “I hope that from now on you don’t keep everything to yourself. That was a big secret you shared with me and if you weren’t my brother I would have hit you!” I saw while handing my hand up in mid-air, pretending I was going to hit him. He flinches and we both laugh.

I leave the room quietly as he practices his dancing. I aimlessly walk slowly down the hall way thinking to myself. I feel tears form in my eyes and I finally drop to the floor with my back against the cold wall. I bring my knees to my chest and hide my head, allowing countless tears fall.

My life turned out worse than I expected. I’m half vampire, have no parents and I will have to live in fear of being killed by vampire murders if I don’t find them first. Maybe it would off been better to die instead of trying to be brave and avenge my parent’s death. 

‘Be brave child. Don’t give up now. It hasn’t even begun yet.’

I hear a familiar voice say. That voice, I haven’t heard for a long time but I still recognize it. “Mother?” I try to communicate with her through my mind. No response. “What should I do?” I ask.

‘Follow your heart. Don’t forget who you are Lee Yerin. Or should I call you Lee Hye Su now sweety? I will be here always looking over you, even though you cannot see me. Stay alert and don’t let your guard down’

I smile “Thank you Mother.” I say. I open my eyes. Tears still fall down my face but I have calmed down more. I stare at the wall opposite of me and get lost in my own little world. “Hello?” I hear a voice break me out of my daydreaming. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I automatically stand up. “Don’t touch me ert.” I yell with a cracked voice from crying.

“I’m not a ert” The deep voice says. I try looking at the mysterious male’s face but it is cover with a scarf and sunglasses. He reaches his hands out for me. I grab his hand and twist it behind his back. I grab his other arm and grip it tightly so he can’t touch me. “Don’t try anything funny” I threaten.

When I am distracted he uses his leg to trip me. I fall on the ground but am up on my feet in no time. I punch the ert in the stomach twice before he falls to the ground. I grab him by his collar as he tries to stand up. I then push him and he falls against the wall, knocking his head.

I widen my eyes. I didn't know I had this sort of strength in me. I focus on my eyes which are burning red with power and confidence. I hear a small strange voice in my mind.

Go and bite him.’ The voice says

What? No way that’s disgusting.’ I reply in my mind

This is your fate. You know you want to bite him’ The voice mocks.

‘Who are you? and no. I don’t want to and you can’t make me’ I reply.

I try to ignore the voice and watch as the man sits up against the wall coughing up blood. The smell is strong to me. I feel something strange in my mouth grow. My tongue works its way around my mouth, trying to figure out what happened. That’s when I feel two sharp teeth on either sides of my mouth.

Go and bite him now Hye Su. Do it.’ The voice returns.

I unconsciously walk over to the man and kneel next to him. I tell myself to stop but my body doesn’t stop. It’s like I am being taken over by someone else. His body language tells me he is scared. I smell his scent and it is somewhat familiar. I pull his scarf off and lift his chin up, revealing his pure white skin. I  his neck and I feel a chill roll up my spine as I start to his skin.

“Stop Hye Su” The voice from the man says firmly. I can hear the scared tone he is trying to hide. I force myself to pull away and stand up, ignoring the voices in my head. I slap my cheeks lightly to wake myself up, looking dazed as my eyes return to normal. “What just happened?” I ask out loud to no one in particular. I look down and notice the man lying against the wall, scared. “Who are you?” I ask. He pulls away his disguise. “J-jonghyun?” I stutter out loud. His eyes are filled with fear and pleasure. I look into his eyes, trying to read his mind but it is blank. “I-I-I.” I stutter but no words come out.

‘That was hot, but what the -k?’ I finally hear his thoughts. I rush next to his side. “Are you okay?” I ask, not completely sure what I just did. "What exactly are you?” He asks cautiously.

“I-I don’t k-know what y-you are t-talking about.” I stutter, feeling equally as scared as he is. He takes note of this. “What the -k just happened?” He yells. I flinch back at his loud voice. I feel my eyes tear up. “I don’t know. You tell me” I ask, hoping he knows. He doesn’t. “You just beat me up and then you-” He stops and shudders. I stand up and start to think hard about my actions.

‘Too bad we didn’t get to taste his sweet blood’ The voice in my mind returns.

“Who are you?” I ask out loud in a small whisper, not letting Jonghyun hear me.
“I am your vampire half. I have been awakened when I smelt the blood.” The voice says.
“I want you to leave and stop talking to me” I tell the voice.
“I can’t do that. I am apart of you and you are a part of me.” The voice says.

I slap myself as hard as I can on my face, hoping the voice disappears which it does. I look up to see a slightly frightened Taemin looking at me. “T-tae min-ah” I say softly as I rush over to him. I hug him tightly. He hugs me back. “Tell me what happened, why are you hitting yourself?” He says, seeing the distress in my eyes. “I really don’t know.” I say.

I hear a cough behind me. “Hyung!” Taemin says as he rushes over to Jonghyun, lying on the floor, mouth covered in blood. I ignore the voice in my head that is telling me to taste his blood. I walk over to him and send him a look which says. 'don't tell anyone what happened.' I see Jonghyun nod a bit to show he understand. "Hyung what happened?" Taemin asks worringly. "I accidently tripped and fell. My head hurts" He says, keeping his eyes on me. "Hyung what should I do?" Taemin asks. Jonghyun breaks his stare off of me and looks at Taemin. "Let's go back to the dorm" Jonghyun says. Taemin tries to help him up but fails. I hold one of Jonghyun's arms to help him up. He flinches at my touch and I realise why. It's because my touch is deathly cold. With the help of Taemin, we help Jonghyun stand up and I move away. I awkwardly cough to break the silence.

"I will see you later Taeminnie" I say before running off. I go to the practice room where Jinki is. He is lying on the ground covered in sweat and breathing heavily from exhaustion. “You're late” He says. “You seemed to have worked hard.” I comment as he lies on the hard floor. “You have to work hard to stay in this industry” He says with a half-hearted laugh. I was going to tell him about what happened but decide not to. It’s about time I keep some secrets to myself and he looks dead tired.