First day of school

My Vampire Story

“Lee Yerin, stop right there.” A voice booms. I stop and panic. Everyone from my childhood called my Yenny so nobody knows my real name except those who might be connected to my parent's death. I turn around with my bright red eyes shining through my dark sunglasses.

My whole body freezes, and I feel a cold shiver crawl up my spine. The only heat I can feel is releasing from my eyes. A man in his early 30’s comes running near me. “Yerin, come back here.” He yells. I keep my eyes on his figure, ready to fight. The man starts running towards me. My hands automatically curl into fists. I blink a few times and notice he disappeared. I look around. “Yerin don’t run off like that again.” He says to a young child. “Sorry appa.” The child says and they walk off. I sigh with relief but can't help but feel slightly disapointed. Ever since my parents death, all I wanted is to find those responsible for their murders. I don't know how I am going to find them, but I know that before I die, whenever that is, I want to get revenge.

After my eyes return to normal I put my sunglasses in my bag. I arrive at school a little while later. My first class doesn’t start until 9 and it’s only 8:20am right now so I decide to walk around and find a quiet spot. The first bell rings and swarms of junior students rush my way, hoping not to be late for the first day of the semester. I don’t have time to move aside so I get pushed around in the small hallway. “Ew look it’s the weird senior girl. The one who has no friends? She is so rude. I wonder what she did over the holiday break, since she has no friends to hang out with.” I hear students whisper things between themselves. No one is actually dumb enough to come up to my face and say those things. Or so I thought.

A group of boys taller than me come by and push me. I fall to the ground. “You deserve to be treated like this. You are ugly, weird and stupid. No wonder why you have no friends.” The shortest boy in the group says before spitting on the floor next to me. The boys around him start laughing. My eyes heat up. I’m so mad right now. How dare he speak to me like that? "Leave this school before we make you leave." The same boy says.

I look down as I stand up, not letting anyone see my bright red eyes. I grab the short student by the collar and drag him to an isolated part of the school with difficulty because he is struggling. His group of friends try catch up after us but they are soon out of sight. I open the door of an old empty classroom and I push him inside. He falls on the ground. “What the hell do you think you’re doing?” He yells as he tries to stand up. I place my foot on his chest, so he can’t. “You weird girl, do you know who you are messing with? I am Kim Jonghyun, the most popular and handsome boy in the school. I don't let ugly girls like you touch me. Get off.” He yells at me.

I let out a long breathe and calm myself. I turn my gaze from my feet to his eyes once I calm and my eyes are retuned to normal. I stare into his eyes. "Why are you staring at me?" He says. I don't answer and just continue to stare him down. “Leave me alone weirdo.” He mutters under his breath. I kneel down next to him to get a better look at him. “Get away from me ” He yells as he moves away from me. “Lee Hye Su.” I say. “What?” He asks. “I am not a . My name is Lee Hye Su and don’t you forget it.” I growl. “Oh is that so? And why should I care?” He scoffs. “If you treat me like that again, I can’t promise I won’t hurt you.” I smirk. He has been trying to keep eye contact, trying to intimidate me, but he ends up pulling away from my intense gaze. “Don't mess with me. I am stronger, taller and more popular than you.” He says in a confident voice. He does look like a pretty strong person and he is taller than me but he is still short. “Popularity isn't everything you know." I say standing up.

"That's something that someone like you would say. You don't even know what popularity feels like." He says standing up. "That is a good thing. Popularity turns you into a completely different person." I say in a soft voice. I look as his expression softens for a second before it hardens into a scowl.

"Make sure I never see your face again and don't dare speak to me again you peasant." I say when he doesn't respond. I turn around and walk away leaving him there. Even though I might not have any friends and everyone hates me, I don’t like when people push me around and talk badly to my face. They can talk about me behind my back but they dare not to say it to my face. As I walk away I hear him spit insults at me but I try to ignore it. I don’t think I will be able to stay at school without punching something or someone so I storm out the school. There is one place I need to go. I jump into a taxi as there are no buses coming for the next hour and I don’t want to wait that long. I need get far away from that horrid school